Close
Photo

My Final Realization Of What bothered Me About The Naruto Manga

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#101 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

How can you misread it when the so called canon coupling barely exists in the manga

Yeah, which is one reason the ending pisses me off more than it initially did. Kishimoto wants to blame others rather than himself.

#102 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

Kishi's editor created Sasuke and Sakura together and because they decided that Naruto need a rival and love interest to compete with Sasuke. Sakura's faith was pretty much decided then; and I mean that her purpose would only be a love interest, so that's probably why Kishi never gave much attention, he probably could have, but he already mention how the excess Sakura hate put him off from giving her a backstory and seeing her parents in the manga instead of a movie. He also had to put Kakashi back because he was too popular and he didn't want other characters to get more attention/ love than Naruto. Which sucks because Hinata pretty much got popular enough to get Naruto in the end instead of Sakura because she just was hated enough. This extreme Hinata love even got the point where they erased Sasuke from Naruto's life (The Last) which is a pretty feat to accomplish considering how popular SNS is. 

The exact thing that happen that Kishi tried to avoid then happen. Popularity won out. If Sakura was likable to majority audience, NS might have been canon. I blame Kishi/SP, but the majority of the audience preferred Hinata who was developed even worse so I don't know how she became more liked than Sakura.

Hello, Hello, Hello!  :argh:

#103 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

@ MagicalNgro & Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Whatever Naruto end pair, it will always disappointed sunken fan base pair.  About extending story, it same with suicide because Kishi already run out idea, remember what happen to Bleach.

Just made got a god fan-fiction, I believe in long run it will relieve your wound.  Cursing mangaka and rival fan base only wprsen you wound.

Logic supports plot no matter how bad the writing is. You don't have logic and decent development in your story. All you have is toilet paper for the rational ones and dog c*** for the hardcore fans. Kishi ran out of ideas and his Hinata fanboy assistant created the NH storyboard many times over , which Kishi refused to do. Of course this is off the records, so we just leave it like. Kishi really did gambled with his career, if the Boruto manga does not surpassed the Gaiden one-shot volume, than he's in hot waters with his remaining fandom that will follow him everywhere. It's not garantee that his readers that cared nothing but their fanservice will follow him, knowing what type of author he is.

There's no need. My wounds is long healed and its all thanks to my new titled series that I will be releasing on the net this coming fall, that features a NS like protagonist/heroine story. 

Especially if those excuses involve essentially blaming a big chunk of the fandom with claims that we were "misreading".

Wait. Did he actually claimed that we were "misreading"? This guy really needs to get his head examined. He needs help. He cannot tell the difference between a mislead and people misreading.  :facepalm:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#104 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

She's the only girl who love naruto.
She's cute, nice, and have big boob.

Her fan overlook her flaw.
she's irrelevant, but I think it help her more or less.

#105 db84x

db84x

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

@ rocci & TouKen4Life3g

Whatever you complain it wont change WSJ way, too bad NS fanbase stem from anime watcher only.  

@ MagicalNgro

I agree since romance never became focus in Naruto, until Pain Arc it still open.

@ Konoha'sCrimsonFox

What you expect from series which its main customer is Junior High School kid.

Edited by db84x, 17 January 2016 - 02:47 PM.

#106 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 02:54 PM

@db
I don't complain nor ask for wsj to change their way since their bussinies way and I'm aware of that.
You seem to not understand that anime is what make nh happen especially when a studio has big bias toward irrelevant side character.

Romance is never focus not even with Hinata confession.

We expect good writing.
Doraemon aimed for children and it doesn't stop it to have good to great writing. Kishi just need to maintain the quality of part 1. It would be better if he can upgrade it, but we know that he's a bad writer.

#107 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Why would I complain enough to change it? I can complain about anything, it doesn't mean I think my voice will change anything. It's a normal habit from anyone. You might as well call it utopia if we all can't complain.

Romance is never a focus.

When you look at other works, you soon come across that the excuse that fans would provide becomes more invalid, most notably female characters. Not the fan service, because that is give or take, really depends on the writer, but the characteristics and involvements. Sakura always felt like a third wheel in every regards. She always come in full circle but not in a good way and without any development. If anything she comes back and erase one part of her that makes it "development." Like in Kage Summit Arc. She could have a develop a lot and I don't mean going to Naruto. Instead, she went back in trusting Naruto (again) but this time, she don't want any part of helping. What?

#108 milan kyuubi

milan kyuubi

YATO

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • Interests:Nothing.....somthing.....dunno.......

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

This two things explain everything about Naruto!

kk5lc.jpg

And this one wasn't posted for some time! :lmao:

JM4XamP.png

Yp330yZ.gif

#109 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

That seriously never gets old.

#110 Catra

Catra

Outlaw Gunslinging marksmen

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:AU narusaku, mortal kombat, balto, lion king, rudolph,

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

they should have iruka in that panel too

#111 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

This two things explain everything about Naruto!

kk5lc.jpg

And this one wasn't posted for some time! :lmao:

JM4XamP.png

0466f47617319c27145da1c599ccd0ba.jpg

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#112 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

Wait. Did he actually claimed that we were "misreading"? This guy really needs to get his head examined. He needs help. He cannot tell the difference between a mislead and people misreading.  :facepalm:

I believe it was around, or even during the same interview, not long after the ending where he tried to use the "red herring" excuse; that those who dislike the ending must have "misread" things if they couldn't see it or some BS like that.

2e5.gif

#113 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:38 PM

I hate that some people say we misread it that is just like giving a person a middle finger and then laughing in their face, me we shouldn't care we look and Naruto is dying. True right now its slow as you still have the Hinata lovers who see that Hinata can never do any wrong when Neji had to die for NH to happen and how bad a mum she is, I mean she is the only reason why some are still watching it.

Me moved onto better anime and better manga that have a better way to tell a story in which the hero unlike Naruto knows their limnits and does not use woman as a pissing contest and well when a friend goes evil for the wrong reason ends them and not cry like a baby like Naruto did.

And that is what I hate the fans who keep going on and on that the bound with Naruto and Sasuke was just so good, well to me it was not Sasuke was a kitten to all around him even his own team, always thinking that he was better than everyone else and that he suffered more than anyone which made me more pissed.

I mean we all need to face it if Sasuke done something that was going to end the world and the only to stop it was to kill him well then the world would be kittened as we know that Naruto wouldn't not do that to his only friend he would let everyone die than just one.

so yeah I have to say Naruto is the worst Hero ever and should never of become Hokage.

Now I'm off to watch a real hero save the world Buffy :D

#114 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

Kishi's editor created Sasuke and Sakura together and because they decided that Naruto need a rival and love interest to compete with Sasuke. Sakura's faith was pretty much decided then; and I mean that her purpose would only be a love interest, so that's probably why Kishi never gave much attention, he probably could have, but he already mention how the excess Sakura hate put him off from giving her a backstory and seeing her parents in the manga instead of a movie. He also had to put Kakashi back because he was too popular and he didn't want other characters to get more attention/ love than Naruto. Which sucks because Hinata pretty much got popular enough to get Naruto in the end instead of Sakura because she just was hated enough. This extreme Hinata love even got the point where they erased Sasuke from Naruto's life (The Last) which is a pretty feat to accomplish considering how popular SNS is. 

The exact thing that happen that Kishi tried to avoid then happen. Popularity won out. If Sakura was likable to majority audience, NS might have been canon. I blame Kishi/SP, but the majority of the audience preferred Hinata who was developed even worse so I don't know how she became more liked than Sakura.

Hinata wasn't overly popular with the fan base but she was perceived to be.

#115 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:09 PM

She's a popular female character.

#116 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Writing, Criminal Minds and other Drama television. I like anime/ manga too.

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

Hinata is a popular character. In Japan, Sakura is more known and liked but she also had more hate as well. Hinata is liked in Japan, she even surpassed Sakura twice in popularity polls. Popularity polls might not be much, but in Jump Festa Kishi was addressed how Hinata became more of a Heroine than Sakura during the Five Kage Arc. Hinata is as popular as Sakura in Japan but she is popular enough for a secondary character and recevied less hate (she receives hate but not as much as Sakura). 

In the West, hating Sakura has become a right of passage into the Naruto fandom. She is that hated. When you see people who who are anti-ships or characters, you can easily tell that they are the loud minority. The Sakura hate on the other hand, you are mainly surprised that people can carry so much hatred for a female character. And she only gains new haters daily. Her hate was strong enough to reach to Kishi compared to Hinata. In his interview December 2014, he couldn't understand how Hinata was popular and was sadden by how strongly Sakura was hated. He (stupidly concluded)  that Sakura wasn't pretty enough and he will draw her more pretty.

He mentioned how he was surprised by how popular Hinata was, because she didn't carry much weight in the manga, which we already know. In polls, Sakura actually manage be placed 12th and 14th on the popularity scale. Sakura, before and since, than was always the bottom half of the Top Ten (mainly 8th/ 9th). And at times Hinata was on par with her and even pass her (Hinata 8th/ Sakura 9th, Sakura 8th/ Hinata 9th, Hinata 6th/ Sakura 14th). For the tenth anniversary poll, people's favorite characters were Naruto, Shikamaru, Hinata, Sasuke, and Itachi. Sakura was in the same popularity as Lee and Kiba and Kakashi. Problem was that Kishi already admitted that he took of some of Kakashi's screen time to decrease his popularity. I like Lee but Sakura being on the same length in popularity isn't good. It didn't help that Lee even surpassed her once.

The problem is that Sakura is a heroine, she should be in the top five but isn't. Secondary characters manage to surpass her, specifically Hinata who had no impact whatsoever in the manga. Sakura couldn't even beat her in popularity. 

Hinata, as a secondary, gained too much popularity for her own good. For a secondary character she should be the same ranks as her team mates/ leaf 11. But she manages to be ranked along main characters at her point in time compared to Sakura. Then you have Kishi wondering about Sakura's hate, YTbers who have made anti-Sakura rants, and more clubs dedicated to hating Sakura. Go on YT and type "sakura rants" and view and compare them to "hinata rant" where most are from people who also hate Sakura as well or are pro-Hinata and not anti.

Sakura is known because she is advertise as heroine, but she is the most disliked character in the series. Hinata was only hated after the ending because of the The Last/ SNS. If the Last didn't exist then Hinata wouldn't be getting half of the hate she is getting now, and even now the hate is not as much as compared to Sakura.

People still blame Sakura for Neji's death....

Edited by NeonRanger, 18 January 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#117 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Honestly, popularity poll in Naruto has to be the weirdest one to me.

#118 SlyNinjaKnight

SlyNinjaKnight

Loyal Follower of the OTP of Naruto

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Fandoms: Naruto, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Star Wars and others.

Wish that Kishi would just stop trying to 'fix' Naruto, I guess that no one ever told him the phrase 'digging your own grave'. I will remember fondly the characters that made me love Naruto that were sacrificed at the all-mighty altar that is money (and crazy fan boys/girls).

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

Honestly, popularity poll in Naruto has to be the weirdest one to me.

That's what I don't get. Why is Kishi, SP, etc using a popularity poll to decide who is a heroine anyway? All a popularity poll is, is showing if the fans like a character, that doesn't make a hero/heroine. The actions of that character make them a hero/heroine. Honestly, the only 'heroic' action that Hinata did throughout the entire series was when she leapt to Naruto's aid during the Pain battle, pretty much sacrificing her life for Naruto, though she had no clue on what she was doing, since she also admitted that she didn't care if she died, she just wanted to tell Naruto how she felt. Instigating a martyr complex perhaps?

#119 NeonRanger

NeonRanger

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

That's what I don't get. Why is Kishi, SP, etc using a popularity poll to decide who is a heroine anyway? All a popularity poll is, is showing if the fans like a character, that doesn't make a hero/heroine. The actions of that character make them a hero/heroine. Honestly, the only 'heroic' action that Hinata did throughout the entire series was when she leapt to Naruto's aid during the Pain battle, pretty much sacrificing her life for Naruto, though she had no clue on what she was doing, since she also admitted that she didn't care if she died, she just wanted to tell Naruto how she felt. Instigating a martyr complex perhaps?

It wasn't just the popularity poll. It was just one factor. Kishi had received Sakura hate mail, a girl even said to his face how much she hated Sakura. Then you have him saying how he saw viewers like Sawyer. For all we know he could have been seeing pro NH/Hinata and anti Sakura videos. Then also have hate mail he received about Sakura. Then you have merchandise in Japan. Sakura sells more than Hinata, but notice how many of the Mechandise selling in markets involve Naruto, Sasuke, Minato, Itachi, and Kakashi. Compared to the US, Sakura is even less of a seller and Hinata/NH are decent in merchandise. During The Last in America people were selling NH The Last stuff.  Sakura received enough hate to were Kishi was pushed into liking Hinata more than his heroine. Which is why Hinata is the new heroine. Also SP bias as well. Sakura haters/SP were large/ strong enough to push Sakura off her status as heroine. Kishi was more a pushover and was convinced enough to where he also hated Sakura. He's also a bad writer, but would have thought Sakura would at the least be a decent character. Kishi was probably disappointed enough in Salura that he never bothered with her because majority don't care about her anyway, which is true.

Edited by NeonRanger, 18 January 2016 - 05:56 PM.

#120 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

Merchandise for Naruto always seem like I'm buying an otome based franchise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users