354 replies to this topic

#101 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:41 PM

Oh, I see. That's directly over Germany, where I used to live ^^ Your English is very good btw. Do they tutor you guys in English very early?

I started learning English in third grade back then.

You used to live in Germany? 

Lmao thanks. I started just like you in third grade, but know they had twisted it so it's first grade.

German is seriously the subject I'm worst at..   

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#102 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

Any John Green fans?

#103 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

You used to live in Germany? 

Lmao thanks. I started just like you in third grade, but know they had twisted it so it's first grade.

German is seriously the subject I'm worst at..   

Yeah, I did. I immigrated over to the US when I was 15, so in 2011 when I was about to start 10th grade.

My father drilled me with English since I was in 2nd grade already... He even forced himself to watch Disney movies in English with us :lmao:(That poor guy). This forum is actually a pretty good way to practice the writing skills in English for non-English speakers. Even I am still learning English everyday.

German is not easy at all. I completely understand XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#104 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:48 PM

Any John Green fans?

OMG, YES!

I've read all of his books (except the ones where he collaborated with someone else) ! I didn't know PaperTown gets a movie :argh: My favorite one will always be Looking for Alaska though. When's his next movie coming out?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#105 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, I did. I immigrated over to the US when I was 15, so in 2011 when I was about to start 10th grade.

My father drilled me with English since I was in 2nd grade already... He even forced himself to watch Disney movies in English with us :lmao:(That poor guy). This forum is actually a pretty good way to practice the writing skills in English for non-English speakers. Even I am still learning English everyday.

German is not easy at all. I completely understand XD

Damn. Well I'm from Asia and my dad and mom moved here when they were young, (I always lived here in Denmark). I'm glad I joined this Forum, It's good for both my english and Communication :D

German is so hard, I just don't get it...

Edited by NaruSakuftMixer, 12 March 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#106 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:55 PM

OMG, YES!

I've read all of his books (except the ones where he collaborated with someone else) ! I didn't know PaperTown gets a movie :argh: My favorite one will always be Looking for Alaska though. When's his next movie coming out?

according to JustJared the movie will come out July 24th. I just found out there was a movie to it  :argh:  and Cara!! 

Haven't read all his books, but The Fault in our Stars is my favorite.

#107 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:00 PM

Damn. Well I'm from Asia and my dad and mom moved here when they were young, (I always lived here in Denmark). I'm glad I joined this Forum, It's good for both my english and Communication :D

German is so hard, I just don't get it...

I'm Asian, too! My ethnicity is Vietnamese. My father was one of these boat people in the 1980s and fleed to Germany due to the horrible conditions back then in Vietnam. He met my mom in Vietname later, and both my brother and I were born in Germany. I suck at speaking Vietnamese, so you can say that I am fluent in German XD I'll never get rid of my German accent when I'm speaking English.

German has a lot of difficult grammar. I'm at a stage in my life that I just can't get anything into my head anymore... Spanish is not my strength, lol.

according to JustJared the movie will come out July 24th. I just found out there was a movie to it  :argh:  and Cara!! 

Haven't read all his books, but The Fault in our Stars is my favorite.

I like the Fault in our Stars, too. Saw the movie- very well done.

I just personally like Looking for Alaska more b/c it had such an interesting female lead. I recommend you reading it. Also, if you haven't, check out An Abundance of Kathrines. Super Hilarious.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#108 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

I'm Asian, too! My ethnicity is Vietnamese. My father was one of these boat people in the 1980s and fleed to Germany due to the horrible conditions back then in Vietnam. He met my mom in Vietname later, and both my brother and I were born in Germany. I suck at speaking Vietnamese, so you can say that I am fluent in German XD I'll never get rid of my German accent when I'm speaking English.

German has a lot of difficult grammar. I'm at a stage in my life that I just can't get anything into my head anymore... Spanish is not my strength, lol.

I like the Fault in our Stars, too. Saw the movie- very well done.

I just personally like Looking for Alaska more b/c it had such an interesting female lead. I recommend you reading it. Also, if you haven't, check out An Abundance of Kathrines. Super Hilarious.

Your family :love:  My parents meet though my mothers brother. He and my dad were friends, so it was how he meet her. I have two siblings (and both are annoying as hell) and in our childhood we learned to speak our language. 

When i first came to German lesson, my teacher was like: It's so easy, and is like danish. Grammer things I remember are only that Akkusativ thing. 

I'm fine with having English and German. But if Spanish is coming in, I'm gonna die...

I have read Looking for Alaska, it was an interesting book, and I really liked how it was build up. I got all his books on english for christmas, but somehow they are difficult for me to read. I'll just wait to I get older to read them, or wait to they come out in the library.   

Edited by NaruSakuftMixer, 12 March 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#109 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

This is the first time I've heard of it, and it's a shame tbh.

What the hell?! I'm so shocked that students would chant such a racist song. But like that one person said: I shouldn't be surprised. I may not have lived in the US here long enough to completely understand everything, but it is clear to me that racism still exists in this country.

I remember walking to my dorm from a game at OU and I was called a "n*gger" on the street. So yeah, this whole situation is nothing new. 

Matter of fact, I want each and every frat and sorority to go down. All of them are racist, trust me. The should give those houses to the Hispanic, Asian, and Black frats/sororities and maybe then...I'll forgive them. Lol.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#110 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

I remember walking to my dorm from a game at OU and I was called a "n*gger" on the street. So yeah, this whole situation is nothing new. 

Matter of fact, I want each and every frat and sorority to go down. All of them are racist, trust me. The should give those houses to the Hispanic, Asian, and Black frats/sororities and maybe then...I'll forgive them. Lol.

I hate being called chinese just b/c I look asian -.- Not as bad as the insult directed towards you of course, but I don't understand why people even feel the need to point out that I'm Asian...

I'm not a big fan of sororities and fraternities. Not my thing at all. But I wouldn't necessarily call them racist... My college has a few sororities/fraternities dedicated to black people or jewish people and other minorities.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#111 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

Your family :love:  My parents meet though my mothers brother. He and my dad were friends, so it was how he meet her. I have two siblings (and both are annoying as hell) and in our childhood we learned to speak our language. 

When i first came to German lesson, my teacher was like: It's so easy, and is like danish. Grammer things I remember are only that Akkusativ thing. 

I'm fine with having English and German. But if Spanish is coming in, I'm gonna die...

I have read Looking for Alaska, it was an interesting book, and I really liked how it was build up. I got all his books on english for christmas, but somehow they are difficult for me to read. I'll just wait to I get older to read them, or wait to they come out in the library.   

Lol, I remember learning German grammar back then in Germany. Even if you live in Germany, the grammar is something Germans struggle with a lot. I've literally learned complicated grammar until ninth grade... Yeah, English is nothing compared to German. I think we both can agree on that.

I didn't even wanna take Spanish. I wanted to take Japanese but b/c we have so many people here in the US that speak Spanish, I felt like I had to at least know the basics of that language (which I still don't, lol).

Keep those books, and read them in a few years ^^ His language is a little bit harder than other American Teenage Books. Have you read the Perks of being A Wallflower? I'd recommend this book to you. It's one of my favorites.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#112 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

I hate being called chinese just b/c I look asian -.- Not as bad as the insult directed towards you of course, but I don't understand why people even feel the need to point out that I'm Asian...

I'm not a big fan of sororities and fraternities. Not my thing at all. But I wouldn't necessarily call them racist... My college has a few sororities/fraternities dedicated to black people or jewish people and other minorities.

That's got to be one of rudest things ever. Like ignorance is so instilled in people it's ridiculous. Chinese =/= Vietnamese.  

The uhhh...."big" (let's be honest here white) fraternities and sororities are usually all racist. The reason why "minority" greek establishments were created because those same fraternities wouldn't let anyone in. They're constantly throwing racist parties, constantly chanting songs like the one in that video...like it's really nothing new lol. That song has probably been around for years. They just finally got caught. But I love what OU's President Boren did about it. I just think they need to investigate more and exile all of them.  

And I'm so bad a Spanish. I'm literally terrible. I've been taking Spanish classes since I was five. And I learned...nothing.  :cry:

Squad Roll call :

#113 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:56 PM

Lol, I remember learning German grammar back then in Germany. Even if you live in Germany, the grammar is something Germans struggle with a lot. I've literally learned complicated grammar until ninth grade... Yeah, English is nothing compared to German. I think we both can agree on that.

I didn't even wanna take Spanish. I wanted to take Japanese but b/c we have so many people here in the US that speak Spanish, I felt like I had to at least know the basics of that language (which I still don't, lol).

Keep those books, and read them in a few years ^^ His language is a little bit harder than other American Teenage Books. Have you read the Perks of being A Wallflower? I'd recommend this book to you. It's one of my favorites.

I also want to take Japanese, but I can't take it here, at least there's Chinese. Here to take an education, you need to learn English and German. Spanish and French are subjects I can chose when I get in Gymnasium..

I haven't read it, but I have seen it. I'll try to get it on monday. Have you read Divergent?? 

#114 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

I don't get why people would do that. Here in my school the worst thing was, that they would call each other Black or White. But of course like in other countries there is racism here.

#115 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:19 PM

That's got to be one of rudest things ever. Like ignorance is so instilled in people it's ridiculous. Chinese =/= Vietnamese.  

The uhhh...."big" (let's be honest here white) fraternities and sororities are usually all racist. The reason why "minority" greek establishments were created because those same fraternities wouldn't let anyone in. They're constantly throwing racist parties, constantly chanting songs like the one in that video...like it's really nothing new lol. That song has probably been around for years. They just finally got caught. But I love what OU's President Boren did about it. I just think they need to investigate more and exile all of them.  

And I'm so bad a Spanish. I'm literally terrible. I've been taking Spanish classes since I was five. And I learned...nothing.  :cry:

It annoys be a lot. "Ching Chang Chong"- People would always throw that at me back then in Germany, and here, too.

Not the most active person on campus, so I wouldn't know what exactly sororities and fraternities are doing. I sually don't try to plaster stereotypes on fraternities and sororiteis, but my general impression of them is rather negative from what I've been told. My cousin told me that in order to get into his fraternity, he had to do a drinking challenge... Wtf?! It's a weird housing system to me in the first place as a foreigner anyways.

Lol, I'm the worst. My Spanish class didn't deserve me XD I was told to take German b/c I'm suppose to take an easy class as a new student. Yeah... I should have just taken spanish when I first got here.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#116 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:22 PM

I also want to take Japanese, but I can't take it here, at least there's Chinese. Here to take an education, you need to learn English and German. Spanish and French are subjects I can chose when I get in Gymnasium..

I haven't read it, but I have seen it. I'll try to get it on monday. Have you read Divergent?? 

So you guys need to learn German, too? It's mandatory.

The way it works in Germany now: English in 1st grade (or even Kindergarten), French or Latin starting 6th or 5th grade, and another third foreign language starting 10th grade if you want to. At leasts, that's the rule for Gymnasiums in Germany.

It's a different thing here in the US. The way they teach foreign languages- NOT EFFECTIVE AT ALL. At least not in High School. But that's just my opinion.

I did, but did not finish the last book out of the trilogy b/c I got so bored, lol. I need to finish it one day.I like the first one the most. Overall, though, I think the Hunger Games is still better (but like Divergent, the third book Mockingjay lacks).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#117 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:29 PM

So you guys need to learn German, too? It's mandatory.

The way it works in Germany now: English in 1st grade (or even Kindergarten), French or Latin starting 6th or 5th grade, and another third foreign language starting 10th grade if you want to. At leasts, that's the rule for Gymnasiums in Germany.

It's a different thing here in the US. The way they teach foreign languages- NOT EFFECTIVE AT ALL. At least not in High School. But that's just my opinion.

I did, but did not finish the last book out of the trilogy b/c I got so bored, lol. I need to finish it one day.I like the first one the most. Overall, though, I think the Hunger Games is still better (but like Divergent, the third book Mockingjay lacks).

Here in Denmark it's:

English from 1st grade. German from 5th. Spanish or French in 10th grade. This is how kids from last year should start there schooldays, since there was a new school refemation. 

This was how I did go to school:

English from 3rd grade. German from 7th. Spanish or French in 10th grade.

#118 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

Hunger games is one of my favorite books, I still need to finish Catching fire and Mocking jay.

Divergent wasn't my taste, I love the characters and storyline. But it became boring, never finished the second book. But I'm still looking forward to the movie :argh:  :argh:

#119 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:01 PM

I'm just a boring American, lol. I did live in Italy for about three years a long time ago. I was a toddler at the time, so don't remember much.
tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#120 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

I don't get why people would do that. Here in my school the worst thing was, that they would call each other Black or White. But of course like in other countries there is racism here.

Wow, I wish it was that easy over here! D: African Americans are literally killed on the streets every 48 hours by law enforcement and our society justifies that. Even when it's blatantly in their face. I can't wait to move to another country. Dreams~~! 

It annoys be a lot. "Ching Chang Chong"- People would always throw that at me back then in Germany, and here, too.

Not the most active person on campus, so I wouldn't know what exactly sororities and fraternities are doing. I sually don't try to plaster stereotypes on fraternities and sororiteis, but my general impression of them is rather negative from what I've been told. My cousin told me that in order to get into his fraternity, he had to do a drinking challenge... Wtf?! It's a weird housing system to me in the first place as a foreigner anyways.

Lol, I'm the worst. My Spanish class didn't deserve me XD I was told to take German b/c I'm suppose to take an easy class as a new student. Yeah... I should have just taken spanish when I first got here.

If I had to learn another language I would choose Korean. I don't know why, but it sounds pretty to me? Don't ask why...I don't think English is a very pretty language. Spanish is pretty though.

Squad Roll call :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users