303 replies to this topic

#101 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

So it's the same seal as Tsunade nothing more nothing less. Still I am sure Sakura has more to show than Tsunade after all she has to surpass her.

Do not confuse it with Yin Seal.

Tsunade has Yin Seal and Byakugo no Jutsu.

Sakura has Byakugou Seal and we-don-t-know-yet no jutsu. :lol:

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#102 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

So it's the same seal as Tsunade nothing more nothing less. Still I am sure Sakura has more to show than Tsunade after all she has to surpass her.

It's different! The spelling is idential but the meaing is different due to different kanji used!

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#103 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

It's different! The spelling is idential but the meaing is different due to different kanji used!

So once again, may I ask you to post the kanji and the meanings? ^_^ I promise it's the last time, heh.

I wanna know for some research purposes :sweat:

Sorry for bothering you guys so much with this! :umm:

#104 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

The Kanji for Tsunade's technique is 百豪

The Kanji for Sakura's technique is 白豪

I honestly don't know the meaning. If it was 白「毫」it would represent the third eye of some Buddhist mythology. But this time, the kanji is different. 

Tsunade is 「百」which means "hundred". Sakura is 「白」which means "white". 

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#105 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

The only thing I don't get is why Kishi bothered to use a different kanji to establish the difference.

Tsunade's byakugo is a jutsu and Sakura's byakugo is a seal, and even Shizune refers to it as a seal. The difference is already established in that.

Maybe Kishi thought we would get confused anyway so he changed the kanji just in case. :lol:

#106 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

I think he put it different because there might be something different he'll soon show us.

Ramenamitsu, thank you very much!

#107 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

So once again, may I ask you to post the kanji and the meanings? ^_^ I promise it's the last time, heh.

I wanna know for some research purposes :sweat:

Sorry for bothering you guys so much with this! :umm:

No problem! So...

The one from Tsunade is:

百豪の術 (Byakugou no Jutsu) which means literally "Streght of a hundred technique"

The one from Sakura is:

白豪の印 (Byakugou no In) which means litellaly "Strenght of a white seal"

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#108 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

No problem! So...

The one from Tsunade is:

The one from Sakura is:

Thank you, thank you very much to both of you! All of you.

Strenght of a white seal, huh.

Makes me think... WHite Zetsu/Black Zetsu.

Both from Hashirama... and again association with him.

Also Yin and Yang... hmm, have to properly research this.

Strength of a white or Strength of White Seal? Could both work?

But thanks ONCE again!

Edited by Chatte, 31 May 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#109 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

No problem! So...

The one from Tsunade is:

The one from Sakura is:

I also want to add that "Senju" means "1000 hands".

I wonder if all these numbers such as "hundred" or "thousand" have to do with anything.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 31 May 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#110 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

I think he put it different because there might be something different he'll soon show us.

Ramenamitsu, thank you very much!

I'm gonna guess that since what Sakura's seal is different from Tsunade's that's the reason she had to save chakra for so long when Tsunade doesn't seem to need years in order to to create the yin seal.

It might be that Tsunade could neve master the byakugo seal and ended up settling for the yin seal, but she wanted to train Sakura so that she could succeed where Tsunade failed.

And since Sakura's seal is definitely different I also now believe that's the reason her strength became ten fold in this chapter. Will need further confirmation from Kishi but I think that might be the case.

Also, considering that the number one priority is that the medic nins stay alive if the go to the front lines we might get to see Sakura perform advance healing on herself without hand seals at some point.

#111 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

yes, it could be both... I don't know how to put it since the meaning is really vague :sweat:  I don't think that it's correlated to white zetsu... I think that with the word "white" the author means to say that it's a pure technique who symbolizes the yang (light). Indeed the word "white" symbolizes often the purity/grace... Something correlated to buddhism, I believe...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#112 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

I also want to add that "Senju" means "1000 hands".

I wonder if all these numbers such as "hundred" or "thousand" have to do with anything.

I was wondering the same thing. In the manga they are the clan that have mastery over 1000 jutsus or something like that.

So who knows, maybe something is up there...

I'm gonna guess that since what Sakura's seal is different from Tsunade's that's the reason she had to save chakra for so long when Tsunade doesn't seem to need years in order to to create the yin seal.

It might be that Tsunade could neve master the byakugo seal and ended up settling for the yin seal, but she wanted to train Sakura so that she could succeed where Tsunade failed.

And since Sakura's seal is definitely different I also now believe that's the reason her strength became ten fold in this chapter. Will need further confirmation from Kishi but I think that might be the case.

Also, considering that the number one priority is that the medic nins stay alive if the go to the front lines we might get to see Sakura perform advance healing on herself without hand seals at some point.

I pretty much believe the same thing. The only thing is that we don't know how much it took Tsunade to form the Yin seal, tho'. BUt that makes no difference whatsoever since clearly Byakugo seal is stronger than Yin seal so probably that's why Sakura is stronger now.

Yeah, with the clear translation things become even clearer, lol.

I'd like to see that tbh... and I think we will see it. :)

yes, it could be both... I don't know how to put it since the meaning is really vague :sweat:  I don't think that it's correlated to white zetsu... I think that with the word "white" the author means to say that it's a pure technique who symbolizes the yang (light). Indeed the word "white" symbolizes often the purity/grace... Something correlated to buddhism, I believe...

That also. Heh.
I have to do some research after I get off from work. ^_^

Edited by Chatte, 31 May 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#113 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

So in a way Tsunade uses a yin seal and Sakura uses a yang seal? Maybe?

Doesn't Naruto also use the yang chakra of Kurama? :hehehe:

#114 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

So in a way Tsunade uses a yin seal and Sakura uses a yang seal? Maybe?

Doesn't Naruto also use the yang chakra of Kurama? :hehehe:

Probably.. I guess we just have to wait and see what Kishi has in store for her. What more she shows. It would be nice if she'd had the mastery over both.

As for Naruto, can't remember exactly which ones.

Not to mention I found a connection between Sakura, Nagato's Rinne Tensei and Sage of Six Paths.

Will write more about it soon.

#115 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

In Japanese mythology, red represents life(Blood=life) and an unreachable power. White is said to be the opposite of Red and it represents, purity, reincarnation of god, and sacredness. 

EDIT: Sorry, I wrote "Buddhist" mythology, but what I meant to say was "Japanese" mythology. 

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 31 May 2013 - 11:48 PM.

#116 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

In Buddhist mythology, red represents life(Blood=life) and an unreachable power. White is said to be the opposite of Red and it represents, purity, reincarnation of god, and sacredness. 

Hmm, that's good to know. :)

#117 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Whew everyone got to it before me :) I do not blame the English translators, it's pretty smudged and tiny! Hurray we figured it out after a few agonizing days ( to me haha)

Sakura's seal is in fact Byakugou  and NOT HYAKUGOU

People keep on trying to compare Tsunade's and Sakura's Byakugous but they are unrelated.

Right now, the only connection between both of the Byakugous is the pronunciation.

Tsunade's is a technique.  STRENGTH OF 100 technique

Sakura's seal is  白豪の印 (BYAKUGOU NO IN) WHITE STRENGTH SEAL

Tsunade's seal is 陰封印 (INFUUIN) YIN SEAL

If we could see the color of the seal, it's possible that the seals are of different color

You cannot compare them. To the question as to what the differences between the two, for now it is everything but the pronunciation.

KANJI is different. I do not see why people are trying to compare Tsunade's ability to the abilities of Sakura's seal

However, I really want to look into why Kishi wanted to have Tsunade's attack be named Byakugou, and Sakura's also be Byakugou (different meanings)

Of course, if relating back to the Buddhist culture, pronunciation 白亳 BYAKUGOU is related to the Buddha. What's interesting is Sakura's is closer kanji-wise to that meaning.

A lot of people have said it so far I think, I can't remember who (Chatte? Atheck?) but it seems to be on a different level than the Yin Seal. Haha, I think it would be strange for Sakura to even KNOW Tsunade's Byakugou no Jutsu. I believe she harnesses something entirely different now. 

ramen is going somewhere with the color meaning. I mean it has WHITE in it's name! 

The seal does not give Sakura the ability of that monster strength but actually gives her the ability to create that strength.

So next we'll see the we-don't-know-yet no jutsu hahahaha!

I don't believe that her next move or all over move-set will be offensive as some say, I believe she has a healing technique up her sleeve (as well as offensive)

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#118 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

So could be that that sakura's seal is... just white? :lol:

I don't recall it... The seal on tsunade's forehead is purple, right?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#119 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Whew everyone got to it before me :) I do not blame the English translators, it's pretty smudged and tiny! Hurray we figured it out after a few agonizing days ( to me haha)

Sakura's seal is in fact Byakugou  and NOT HYAKUGOU

People keep on trying to compare Tsunade's and Sakura's Byakugous but they are unrelated.

Right now, the only connection between both of the Byakugous is the pronunciation.

Tsunade's is a technique.  STRENGTH OF 100 technique

Sakura's seal is  白豪の印 (BYAKUGOU NO IN) WHITE STRENGTH SEAL

Tsunade's seal is 陰封印 (INFUUIN) YIN SEAL

If we could see the color of the seal, it's possible that the seals are of different color

You cannot compare them. To the question as to what the differences between the two, for now it is everything but the pronunciation.

KANJI is different. I do not see why people are trying to compare Tsunade's ability to the abilities of Sakura's seal

However, I really want to look into why Kishi wanted to have Tsunade's attack be named Byakugou, and Sakura's also be Byakugou (different meanings)

Of course, if relating back to the Buddhist culture, pronunciation 白亳 BYAKUGOU is related to the Buddha. What's interesting is Sakura's is closer kanji-wise to that meaning.

A lot of people have said it so far I think, I can't remember who (Chatte? Atheck?) but it seems to be on a different level than the Yin Seal. Haha, I think it would be strange for Sakura to even KNOW Tsunade's Byakugou no Jutsu. I believe she harnesses something entirely different now. 

ramen is going somewhere with the color meaning. I mean it has WHITE in it's name! 

The seal does not give Sakura the ability of that monster strength but actually gives her the ability to create that strength.

So next we'll see the we-don't-know-yet no jutsu hahahaha!

I don't believe that her next move or all over move-set will be offensive as some say, I believe she has a healing technique up her sleeve (as well as offensive)

Thanks to you too, dear!

So Sakura's name is closer kanji-wise? Hmm, interesting.

As for the seal, for now, it just acts as a storage device.

Sakura is able to use her real power, aka her chakra outside the storage device. But now she's not limited to use it partially since the storage is empty.

Hope you got the idea. ^_^

Now, indeed, it's curious why make Tsunade's one technique and Sakura's one seal.

Hmm, Kishi, what are you plotting?!

Yes, it's purple.

I wonder the one on Mito's forehead. It seemed red to me? If I can properly recall.

Now, dunno if it will be white tho'... Because well it's a dark color, for now.

BUt I guess that will be later explained.

Edited by Chatte, 31 May 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#120 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

Haha maybe it is white! But because in the manga, the seal is shaded darker than her skin, it's probably not white

not so easy to tell :(

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sakura haruno, byakugo, hyakugo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users