• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic

#101 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Apr 9 2011, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now that I think about it, did anyone notice in Naruto's flashback to when Sakura saw Sasuke for the first time in part 2 that her headband was blue instead of red and that her hair was similar to her part 1 short hair? I think that might add more to the fact that Naruto was stuck on the past where Sakura was a Sasuke fangirl that would be incapable of moving on and developing romantic feelings for/pursuing a relationship with him.

Hmm, I'm willing to entertain they did do that on purpose, considering his mindset was so locked into her being "exactly the same". (Naruto, chapter 245. What came across as just a bit of humor, instead reflected that he wasn't truly seeing how she had changed- yeah he saw her skill improvements but otherwise for Naruto she was still the same. It took her insistence to make the slightest breakthrough, but took Sai's words to finally get Naruto to see Sakura as she is. )
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#102 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 10 2011, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I'm willing to entertain they did do that on purpose, considering his mindset was so locked into her being "exactly the same". (Naruto, chapter 245. What came across as just a bit of humor, instead reflected that he wasn't truly seeing how she had changed- yeah he saw her skill improvements but otherwise for Naruto she was still the same. It took her insistence to make the slightest breakthrough, but took Sai's words to finally get Naruto to see Sakura as she is. )

Dammit Kishi! Now we won't know whether to take what someone said in the manga seriously or that it is significant anymore.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#103 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:33 AM

omfg.gif I just had a slightly crazy thought, what if Sakura's kunai pointing towards Naruto's side means she's "chosen" him?

#104 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Apr 10 2011, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill try and get a more in depth thought of their meanings when ive had some time to digest the lyrics. theyre pretty close to each other not much difference.

Actually, I'm gonna go with the former since it was translated by Youtube's closed caption. Meaning it's an official translation. Which is bad, because it's leaning towards SS. sad.gif

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#105 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Apr 10 2011, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
omfg.gif I just had a slightly crazy thought, what if Sakura's kunai pointing towards Naruto's side means she's "chosen" him?

To kill or to defend?

#106 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (kim @ Apr 10 2011, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't catch that. Unless you mean at the end of the opening credits, but how do you know it's hers?

just try to watch the OP more carefully

At 1:05 of this vid you can see, that Sakura's the one who holds a kunai in her hands + why on Earth do you guys think that she's pointing it at Naruto?? She just holds it horizontally, that's all. I mean.. It's doesn't look like she wants to stab him or something??? huh.gif

Edited by Meek, 10 April 2011 - 12:31 PM.

#107 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

Look, Sakura's right-handed, yes? That's the only way she can hold it.

Edited by Meek, 10 April 2011 - 01:01 PM.

#108 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Meek @ Apr 10 2011, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look, Sakura's right-handed, yes? That's the only way she can hold it.

There's no point in having this conversation since we all know what's going to happen in the manga and I seriously doubt there was any romantic meaning behind that scene of the opening.

#109 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 10 2011, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I'm gonna go with the former since it was translated by Youtube's closed caption. Meaning it's an official translation. Which is bad, because it's leaning towards SS. sad.gif

wow chill i don't see anything in the translation leaning towards SS at all not even pairing related. just read the lyrics it can comes from both Naruto's and Sakura's POV to protect that important someone.

#110 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

not pointing AT Naruto, just pointed towards his side of the floating rock thingy like an arrow

and like the line says, she can finally see who she should protect biggrin.gif (the lyrics definitely sound like they're from Sakura's PoV)

#111 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

Why are you guys freaking out over an animated opening when we know what's going to happen from the manga remember manga is absolute next to the anime. The opening is only a teaser showing future events in the series, but again we know what's going to happen.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#112 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

Lol, I'm fighting like 15 Sakura bashers on YouTube over this episode. Half the stuff they say is disgusting.

Anyway, I didn't pay much attention to the opening so I'm not exactly sure what you're all fightin' about.

#113 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 10 2011, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, I'm fighting like 15 Sakura bashers on YouTube over this episode. Half the stuff they say is disgusting.

Oh god check the recent comments of the opening. I just replied to someone who's convinced that narusasu will be canon and will not accept any other couple. He based that on what Naruto said to Sasuke during the reunion. Naruto clearly mentioned he said that because "I'm your friend". Oh well I would really be disappointed if NaruSasu happened more than any other pairings.

Anyway about Sakura holding the kunai at the end of the opening, yes the kunai is pointing to Naruto but he is not the target. Do you notice how shinobi's charge at enemies when holding the kunai? They don't point the sharp end to the enemy. They bring in to the side of the hand ready to SLICE the opponent, not POKE.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#114 The Max

The Max

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 10 2011, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

huh.gif

Because the person that put the former video used the closed caption d'oesnt mean it is more official it just mean he used the closed caption (basically the person who put the video is the one responsible for the translation)

As for the kunai thing i think there is some symbolism when the kunai is put as it served to close the gap between Naruto and Sasuke

#115 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 10 2011, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh god check the recent comments of the opening. I just replied to someone who's convinced that narusasu will be canon and will not accept any other couple. He based that on what Naruto said to Sasuke during the reunion. Naruto clearly mentioned he said that because "I'm your friend". Oh well I would really be disappointed if NaruSasu happened more than any other pairings.

Anyway about Sakura holding the kunai at the end of the opening, yes the kunai is pointing to Naruto but he is not the target. Do you notice how shinobi's charge at enemies when holding the kunai? They don't point the sharp end to the enemy. They bring in to the side of the hand ready to SLICE the opponent, not POKE.

Don't tell me you actually believed him? lol
i love NaruSasu (strongest bond in the series next to NaruSaku) but this isn't a goddamn Shounen Ai.
their bothers not lovers! that guy is only seeing what he wants to see.

well good luck to him anyway.. lol

Edited by Living Lavish, 10 April 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#116 cnving101

cnving101

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (kim @ Apr 10 2011, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if she's right-handed, but she's holding it in her left hand.

That's only because the video was mirrored.

#117 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 10 2011, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyway, I didn't pay much attention to the opening so I'm not exactly sure what you're all fightin' about.

Don't bother Shippu-chan there is no point in debating with people like that, ignore and avoid the pairings war from YT.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#118 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Apr 7 2011, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You sir, are the man. Greatest post I've seen all day.

Thank you very much for the compliment, but I am actually not a man. I hope that's okay. happy.gif

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Apr 7 2011, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do think that some people don't understand that in that moment the dynamics of the relationship changed. Now it's in Naruto's ballpark with how this romance continues.

Exactly. When Sai asked Naruto if he'd ever told Sakura how he feels, Naruto made it clear he didn't feel he could tell her or seriously act on his feelings because he hadn't kept his promise. In 206, Sakura released him from the promise, and Naruto acknowledged that when he said, "It doesn't matter, even if there's no promise between us anymore. I personally want to save Sasuke." So there's nothing holding Naruto back from making Sakura his own now, other than, you know, all the responsibility he has for saving the world.

And that's the thing about heroes. Events pile up, putting them more and more in the driver's seat of their own destiny at the same time they're responsible for the destiny of others. We'll have to wait and see if Naruto can allow his promise to Sakura to rest now, or if he can separate his feelings for her from the other reasons he has to save Sasuke.

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 10 2011, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I was dreading the inevitable fresh wave of Sakura hate when this episode was released. I got a text from a RL friend who said, "Sakura sux. Doesn't love Naruto. Total fake-o." *sigh* My response to such statements is always the same: considering their history, and everything that's happened, what could Sakura have said to Naruto that was more honest?

If Naruto hadn't missed all the signs of Sakura's changing feelings (either because he's insecure, clueless, unconscious, all of the above) he might not have been so disbelieving and she might not have had to go into detail about Sasuke at all -- or at least as much. I mean, Naruto accused her of joking when she said she loved him, implying, of course, that she couldn't possibly love him because she loves Sasuke. She HAD to address her "switch" from one love to the other and the reasons for it, and as Kishi said, she did so as honestly as possible. At this point it's as much Naruto's fault as Sakura's that Sasuke is still a stumbling block for their relationship.

I personally think Sakura showed a lot of courage. Sai set her up by saying, "Even I can tell Naruto loves you." Even he can tell, implying that everyone else can tell too. So how many girls would have the guts to say to a guy she loves him in front of that many witnesses who know the guy already loves her? How many girls would take the risk of hugging him in a loving way in front of those witnesses? To suggest she was lying or insincere about loving Naruto is ridiculous. She made a public commitment to him. She may have tarnished it with her bad timing and some of the things she said, but she put herself on the line for Naruto and I feel for her.

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 10 2011, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just replied to someone who's convinced that narusasu will be canon and will not accept any other couple.

Well, I'll go on record right now and say this person will be profoundly disappointed.

Edited by KnS, 10 April 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#119 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

one thing to keep in mind also regarding this confession and its hug, as well as the first hug is that both of them occurred in front of her peers, and in the case of the first one in front of her entire village.

confessing ones love in such an open fashion is a pretty big deal.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#120 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, Sakura is really open and doesn't care who is watching. When she hugged Naruto in front of the whole village everyone was blushing. She also said she loved Naruto in front of her team mates and completely zoned them out; 100% focused on Naruto and what he has to say.Hinata wouldn't have the balls.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users