so team 8 get a new attack eh

Team 8?

#103 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

But Slex, we had the covers, we had her train with Tsunade, called second Tsunade, Chiyo said that she will surpass her master, asked Tsunade about reverse summoning.

How can people be that blind?

There were small details here and there but because that was Sakura everyone ignored it and now they call it asspull... It's their own fault, really. Not Kishi's.

Yes, there was all of the foreshadowing and whatnot, but my point is that he didn't really do anything with it until now. The last moment of foreshadowing that you've brought up is with Chiyo, (I don't know what Sakura asking about reverse summoning has to do with anything, since she hasn't been reverse summoned, but even then, that giant gap between examples...). That happened all the way back in the very first arc of the series. Nothing really comes after that that suggests she's going to get these massive upgrades.

Naruto and Sasuke also had the same amount of foreshadowing as she did. They had the volume covers and the comments about surpassing their masters, but they were also shown working on their skills. We saw Naruto learn how to summon frogs. We saw Sasuke summon Manda, (and hawks for some reason), earlier in the series. We saw Naruto tame Kurama. We saw Sasuke get all of his Sharingan upgrades. What did we see from Sakura? That she can punch like Tsunade and heal.

Yes, the foreshadowing was more than enough for most of us to pick up on as it was implied that she would one day get to this point, but I would have been so much happier if Kishimoto had put more focus on her journey to get there. Instead he stuck her in the backseat to work on the boys, and it's affected the way people view her development now. Anything she gets is going to be labeled as an asspull, no matter how foreshadowed it was, because he chose to not show her working on any of it for years. Like I said, how hard would it have been for him to show her summoning a slug sometime between the start of Shippuden and now?

Don't get me wrong. I'm very, very happy to see her finally being treated like the heroine that she is. But sometimes laying everything for her on the table at once can be too much. That's why there are so many people wondering where this is all coming from. Sure, it was foreshadowed and maybe they didn't pay attention to that, but Kishimoto is also partially to blame for never taking the steps to really show that she was on her way there.

#104 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Team 8?

yup, kiba can use one kage bushin, hinata at last can use 32 hit jyuken, and shino action

#105 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Yes, there was all of the foreshadowing and whatnot, but my point is that he didn't really do anything with it until now. The last moment of foreshadowing that you've brought up is with Chiyo, (I don't know what Sakura asking about reverse summoning has to do with anything, since she hasn't been reverse summoned, but even then, that giant gap between examples...). That happened all the way back in the very first arc of the series. Nothing really comes after that that suggests she's going to get these massive upgrades.

Naruto and Sasuke also had the same amount of foreshadowing as she did. They had the volume covers and the comments about surpassing their masters, but they were also shown working on their skills. We saw Naruto learn how to summon frogs. We saw Sasuke summon Manda, (and hawks for some reason), earlier in the series. We saw Naruto tame Kurama. We saw Sasuke get all of his Sharingan upgrades. What did we see from Sakura? That she can punch like Tsunade and heal.

Yes, the foreshadowing was more than enough for most of us to pick up on as it was implied that she would one day get to this point, but I would have been so much happier if Kishimoto had put more focus on her journey to get there. Instead he stuck her in the backseat to work on the boys, and it's affected the way people view her development now. Anything she gets is going to be labeled as an asspull, no matter how foreshadowed it was, because he chose to not show her working on any of it for years. Like I said, how hard would it have been for him to show her summoning a slug sometime between the start of Shippuden and now?

Don't get me wrong. I'm very, very happy to see her finally being treated like the heroine that she is. But sometimes laying everything for her on the table at once can be too much. That's why there are so many people wondering where this is all coming from. Sure, it was foreshadowed and maybe they didn't pay attention to that, but Kishimoto is also partially to blame for never taking the steps to really show that she was on her way there.

This tbh. Good post. I agree completely.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#106 ICEmanJC

ICEmanJC

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/633/2

just sayin

#107 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Her haters are really irrational, however I can't really defend Kishi's laziness with Sakura either. :confused:  It could have been done better but I don't know if it would have been anymore well received by the Western fanbase.

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#108 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

so team 8 get a new attack eh

Would anyone be disgruntled if the other groups received enhancements as well? Personally, my thoughts are conflicted on the matter since it will undoubtedly give people the notion that the rookies are all receiving an equal amount of importance in this fight despite it being explicitly intended for Team 7. On the other hand, it does show that Kishimoto is concerned about his side-characters as well.

#109 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

btw chapter out :

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/633

#110 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

I agree with slextrem. While I am happy Sakura is badass, it would have been nice to have a little more set up to it. still I have to agree that it is still not as big of an asspull as say what Sasuke does. So I am in he middle on this one.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 05 June 2013 - 09:00 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#111 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

But the point is the things were there! It doesn't take a genius to notice it will happen.

Sakura getting a slug contract was obvious as heck, but still, Kishi could have done more to make her look like a threat. Here's this 16 year old girl who is now on the fast track to surpassing the current Hokage, but for years she did little more than a few power punches and advanced healing. 

He kinda excuses it by saying she was storing up Chakra, but a large scale fight every other arc wouldnt have hurt. 

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#112 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

I don't understand this sentiment, It has been hinted at so much only someone who is completely biased couldn't realize this was coming. it is a failure by the reader not the author in my opinion

You're on a forum that dissects and overanalyzes everything from the chapters themselves to the covers and debates about them endlessly until the next one. I'm sure there are people out there who rag on Sakura no matter what, but basically saying anyone who didn't realize this is biased is painting in the broadest possible strokes. Besides, Kishi's track record is not clean; it wouldn't be the first asspull he's done. Most here seem to recognize he just didn't do enough to foreshadow it - hell, when was the last time we saw much of Sakura in battle prior to this? - and yes, that is a failure of the author.

Edited by dl316bh, 05 June 2013 - 09:03 AM.

bd5.jpg

#113 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

that is a failure of the author.

not reading the manga over again and looking at the art to see what the author is saying (yes even the cover pages) is the fault of the reader. manga is a visual medium just skimming over the words isn't enough

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#114 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

not reading the manga over again and looking at the art to see what the author is saying (yes even the cover pages) is the fault of the reader. manga is a visual medium just skimming over the words isn't enough

1) Covers lie. All the time. How many have been in this manga that had no relation to what happened on the insides? How many chapters had a cover featuring a character not even in the chapter? Covers are useless and cannot be relied on for clues.

2) We are talking about a six hundred and thirty three chapter manga. Maybe a die hard can quote verse and give chapter numbers when a given thing happens, but most people don't do that. Most people also don't have the time to go through hundreds of chapters at eighteen pages a piece to be absolutely sure they got everything. This is a BIG manga, and that needs to be taken into account and planned for. I've been through this manga before and you'll never see me go back and re-read or go fishing for a certain chapter because holy hell I have things to do.

3) The last real hint was how many years ago? A typical tactic in writing is to reintroduce a long simmering plot if it has been in the background for too long and will play some importance in the near future. Most any sequential art writing book will tell you that. Time goes by, details are forgotten, people go on with their lives. That's why it's reintroduced, or foreshadowed, so that the last time a hint happened wasn't a bajillion years ago. The trick is putting it into your story without being obvious about it and all but shouting "THIS IS CHEKOVS GUN".

Edited by dl316bh, 05 June 2013 - 09:21 AM.

bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users