#101 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:22 AM

So...I've been reading the manga over (or skimming it should I say) and making note of all the important things (because I no longer have the impatience that I had to just see Sakura do something really significant after team 7's first failure with Sasuke blinding me). And...I just thought of something in connection with the Last. I haven't changed my mind about disliking the fact that I have to watch a movie to get certain explanations about the manga, at least pairing wise, and I also still have to skim through the final chapters still to get a full and slightly new perspective on the manga (not necessarily a positive one either).

Despite that, something occurred to me while reading through Sakura's confession for the umpteenth time, because there was always a few things that threw me off about it even with the Kishi's explanation and seeing what others had to say about it. Opinion were always given along the lines of Sakura either completely lying, being honest about her feelings for Naruto but lying about her feelings for Sasuke (opinion I had for a while), lying while using her best friend's feelings for her etc. And none of them, even the one I had for a while, never really clicked with me. But this one, with consideration of what happened in the Last does and basically goes like this (and feel free to disagree or share your thoughts about it because it's nothing I can really debate about): 

So, Sakura in the Last at some point says to Naruto that his love for her was basically because of his rivalry with Sasuke, or something along that line, and it always struck me as weird that Naruto hadn't really said anything in defense of that. And then it suddenly occurred to me, while reading over Sakura's confession and the chapters leading up to it, of course, that this explanation given in the Last might help to explain that line of Naruto's that consistently threw me off.

"Why would you come all this way just to say that?"

I used to assume that this line was just him showing his suspicions about Sakura's intentions, but then Sakura's reactions to it, and to the line about her hating herself (and her reactions in general) seem to be extremely genuine. Essentially, she genuinely seems upset, and possibly a little confused, that he's rejecting her feelings for him. However, it wasn't until Sai secretly meeting up with Naruto after that I really understood what I was reading. 

"It might have been my fault a little here why Sakura did what she did" (Not the exact line but the gist of it) 

Remember what Sai's exact words to Sakura were and then before that the flashback with Naruto and him? In the flashback, Sai had asked Naruto if he liked Sakura. But when confronting Sakura, he basically told her that Naruto really loves her! Like really really loves her! And then Sakura, of course, believes him and decides that she no longer wishes to cause him any pain anymore with the promise. Additionally, I think it may have helped her realize what were the strong feelings that Yamato was talking about after Naruto had lost control of the Kyuubi the first time. So, now, she goes to confess these honest feelings, but with a stubborn (in terms of her insisting that she no longer feels anything for Sasuke because he was a criminal) expression. Now, it was established back in part 1 through flashbacks during the POAL that Naruto actually does, in fact, have a good understanding of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. So, from the minute she says that there's nothing between her and Sasuke anymore, is where his shocked expression turns into one of suspicion because: 

1. He's already surprised that she would come all the way out here just to say that she loves him (like he loves ramen/a friend). Like really, you came all this way just to tell me that? ( this thought process follows from the idea of him not really understanding even Hinata's confession to him. It doesn't make sense to me that for her he wouldn't understand what love she meant while for Sakura, the girl he only really had small feelings for because of Sasuke, he would. This also helps explains why Kishi called it a love triangle since it would be the case that both girls love Naruto but he's just...all around confused). 

2.  It wouldn't be hard for him to understand what Sakura means by her moving on from Sasuke since he's been seeing her feelings for him since the beginning. This also happens to be separated from her huge "I love you panel" and where she basically goes off trying to convince herself stubbornly that she should be over Sasuke. Naruto's question of "how" and "why" and the fact that she must be telling a joke is basically directed to this as well, not her I love you confession (since it doesn't mean anything special to him). This is especially so as Sakura answers him focusing on the idea of her growing up and no longer being in love with a fugitive. Basically, she came to her senses. 

3. Under the assumption that Naruto really loves her, his promise to her being the biggest proof and pain caused to him, it's easy for her to go from her confession to the promise since she honestly loves him and wants the pain of the promise he made to her to go away. It's especially telling that Kakashi even has a realization of his own once she hugs him. 

4. However, Naruto is still confused as to why she suddenly wants him to forget the promise and that she no longer loves Sasuke. He thinks it's some kind of joke and that for some reason she's just trying to be all stubborn and lie to herself about her feelings for Sasuke.

5. But Sakura, of course, takes it to mean that maybe he doesn't like her that much. And she's just straight up offended not only by the way he refers to her honest confession of her feelings as "something like that" but he makes it seem like it would be easy to say what she did (since he's under the impression that she's talking about a different love when referring to him).

And the rest I think is self-explanatory since she goes back to focusing on the promise he made to her and less about her feelings for him (pretty sure she realizes at this point that his love for her isn't what Sai made it seem to be). But...this is just an idea. I could end up changing my mind :) But it would be interesting to see what you guys have to say about it. Feel free to disagree and tear it apart even :D I must say though that if this is the way I was supposed to read the confession then that basically means that NS either died all the way in back in part 1- or at least Naruto's serious pursuit of Sakura in his competition with Sasuke ended all the way then- or it was never really alive, to begin with. At least not from Naruto's perspective. This view also makes him look kind of scummy but..idk it makes sense to me right now when I consider everything. Perhaps there's something I missed though? 

Edited by Qia, 16 August 2017 - 02:27 AM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#102 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:29 AM

Are you trying to imply ... Naruto never loved Sakura in a romantic sense?

Sorry, I am confused.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#103 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

It's ok xD I was kinda tired when I wrote all that. He did like her but his feelings for her weren't beyond a small crush and it existed for the reason she gave in the Last. That's the idea. So when she confessed, since he always had the wrong idea of romantic love, it could help to explain why he couldn't understand why she would come all the way here just say she liked him. Maybe this idea is also wrong though...because Sai does specifically say later that she hadn't come here to choose him over Sasuke. Unless Naruto even interprets that wrong and just makes it about him competing against Sasuke all those years before. 

Edited by Qia, 16 August 2017 - 12:09 PM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#104 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

Well when you put it that way, I think it's best to classified as "leave it nostalgia because it's not good as you remember." Sadly, I am thinking that this is the case. How Black Clover gets smack talk seems like Naruto was supposed to be one as well have it release around this time. Timing is everything.

#105 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

It's ok xD I was kinda tired when I wrote all that. He did like her but his feelings for her weren't beyond a small crush and it existed for the reason she gave in the Last. That's the idea. So when she confessed, since he always had the wrong idea of romantic love, it could help to explain why he couldn't understand why she would come all the way here just say she liked him. Maybe this idea is also wrong though...because Sai does specifically say later that she hadn't come here to choose him over Sasuke. Unless Naruto even interprets that wrong and just makes it about him competing against Sasuke all those years before. 

Considering that Naruto later reaffirmed that he loves Sakura and that he stated in a conversation that he refused to tell her his feelings until he felt that he had fulfilled his promise(something he never actually did), I don't think that's the case.   Plus, part of Naruto's disbelief over this development came from the fact that they were right in the middle of a mission and she decides *now* of all times to confess her love for him.  And it's been well established by this point that Naruto is one of the most empathetic people in the series (which is why his characterization in the Last was BS since he's shown to be emotionally intelligent), so he picked up immediately that Sakura wasn't being entirely sincere.

Edited by Kagomaru, 16 August 2017 - 12:22 PM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#106 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Well Naruto has to be one-dimensional in order for this romance story to happen. We can't have depth. That would hurt the kids' brain.

#107 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

I didn't mean just that. It was everything of him. Sorry, I know I was talking about his character rather than a trait itself. Trait can be more but it was done in one.

#108 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

You'll be surprised on how many there are. It's the case of poorly written or bland. Whatever works. I'm mostly on the latter for Naruto.

#109 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

Do I really need to explain? It's like literally in your face. I'm referring to The Last Naruto, though after Pain Arc, he certainly became one as well. Hell, that's the only reason why people got mixed up with Asta from Black Clover and couldn't make it as an easy answer. It's easier if it was like Deku or anyone outside of the trope. Anyway, I got to write something else, so hopefully someone can fill me in.

#110 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

I wish you were around two years ago. I can't get my A-game anymore. As you can see my post count, I was heavily involved at one point. Now, I couldn't care less. With all due respect, the way you wrote it there made me image someone who is loud spoken but no one bothered to care. Nothing against you, it's just that it's too little too late. Maybe if it was all voice activated, I will be on my A-game, but not right here. I actually had a chat about being at my best no longer there in here because well, I lost all the reason to care. I don't even bother with my own thread anymore.

You can call it lazy; I call it moving on. I know what I said, I know what I meant, and I know I won't change my mind like ever. I know I'm not immature despite on you persuade/suggest that we are, especially with that one post how you literally just said that haters can be only be from pairings and has no care for the story. Intentional or not, you have to be aware of what you're saying, hence how some people here starting to drop their care. I have been following, even when I said, "What I missed?" because I want to change the topic. Also, it can get rowdy, so at times, I ended up as a peacemaker.

In any case, feel free to discuss further. I wouldn't mind. Just know that haters can be formed from all sorts of kind and vice versa. There is no right or wrong opinion. I know you said you don't mind, but sometimes, you feel pressured by it. Well, NF would have done much worse, with bad attitude no less. At least we are not that foul mouth towards you. Well then, carry on.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 August 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#111 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

So...I've been reading the manga over (or skimming it should I say) and making note of all the important things (because I no longer have the impatience that I had to just see Sakura do something really significant after team 7's first failure with Sasuke blinding me). And...I just thought of something in connection with the Last. I haven't changed my mind about disliking the fact that I have to watch a movie to get certain explanations about the manga, at least pairing wise, and I also still have to skim through the final chapters still to get a full and slightly new perspective on the manga (not necessarily a positive one either).

Despite that, something occurred to me while reading through Sakura's confession for the umpteenth time, because there was always a few things that threw me off about it even with the Kishi's explanation and seeing what others had to say about it. Opinion were always given along the lines of Sakura either completely lying, being honest about her feelings for Naruto but lying about her feelings for Sasuke (opinion I had for a while), lying while using her best friend's feelings for her etc. And none of them, even the one I had for a while, never really clicked with me. But this one, with consideration of what happened in the Last does and basically goes like this (and feel free to disagree or share your thoughts about it because it's nothing I can really debate about): 

So, Sakura in the Last at some point says to Naruto that his love for her was basically because of his rivalry with Sasuke, or something along that line, and it always struck me as weird that Naruto hadn't really said anything in defense of that. And then it suddenly occurred to me, while reading over Sakura's confession and the chapters leading up to it, of course, that this explanation given in the Last might help to explain that line of Naruto's that consistently threw me off.

I used to assume that this line was just him showing his suspicions about Sakura's intentions, but then Sakura's reactions to it, and to the line about her hating herself (and her reactions in general) seem to be extremely genuine. Essentially, she genuinely seems upset, and possibly a little confused, that he's rejecting her feelings for him. However, it wasn't until Sai secretly meeting up with Naruto after that I really understood what I was reading. 

"It might have been my fault a little here why Sakura did what she did" (Not the exact line but the gist of it) 

Remember what Sai's exact words to Sakura were and then before that the flashback with Naruto and him? In the flashback, Sai had asked Naruto if he liked Sakura. But when confronting Sakura, he basically told her that Naruto really loves her! Like really really loves her! And then Sakura, of course, believes him and decides that she no longer wishes to cause him any pain anymore with the promise. Additionally, I think it may have helped her realize what were the strong feelings that Yamato was talking about after Naruto had lost control of the Kyuubi the first time. So, now, she goes to confess these honest feelings, but with a stubborn (in terms of her insisting that she no longer feels anything for Sasuke because he was a criminal) expression. Now, it was established back in part 1 through flashbacks during the POAL that Naruto actually does, in fact, have a good understanding of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke. So, from the minute she says that there's nothing between her and Sasuke anymore, is where his shocked expression turns into one of suspicion because: 

1. He's already surprised that she would come all the way out here just to say that she loves him (like he loves ramen/a friend). Like really, you came all this way just to tell me that? ( this thought process follows from the idea of him not really understanding even Hinata's confession to him. It doesn't make sense to me that for her he wouldn't understand what love she meant while for Sakura, the girl he only really had small feelings for because of Sasuke, he would. This also helps explains why Kishi called it a love triangle since it would be the case that both girls love Naruto but he's just...all around confused). 

2.  It wouldn't be hard for him to understand what Sakura means by her moving on from Sasuke since he's been seeing her feelings for him since the beginning. This also happens to be separated from her huge "I love you panel" and where she basically goes off trying to convince herself stubbornly that she should be over Sasuke. Naruto's question of "how" and "why" and the fact that she must be telling a joke is basically directed to this as well, not her I love you confession (since it doesn't mean anything special to him). This is especially so as Sakura answers him focusing on the idea of her growing up and no longer being in love with a fugitive. Basically, she came to her senses. 

3. Under the assumption that Naruto really loves her, his promise to her being the biggest proof and pain caused to him, it's easy for her to go from her confession to the promise since she honestly loves him and wants the pain of the promise he made to her to go away. It's especially telling that Kakashi even has a realization of his own once she hugs him. 

4. However, Naruto is still confused as to why she suddenly wants him to forget the promise and that she no longer loves Sasuke. He thinks it's some kind of joke and that for some reason she's just trying to be all stubborn and lie to herself about her feelings for Sasuke.

5. But Sakura, of course, takes it to mean that maybe he doesn't like her that much. And she's just straight up offended not only by the way he refers to her honest confession of her feelings as "something like that" but he makes it seem like it would be easy to say what she did (since he's under the impression that she's talking about a different love when referring to him).

And the rest I think is self-explanatory since she goes back to focusing on the promise he made to her and less about her feelings for him (pretty sure she realizes at this point that his love for her isn't what Sai made it seem to be). But...this is just an idea. I could end up changing my mind :) But it would be interesting to see what you guys have to say about it. Feel free to disagree and tear it apart even :D I must say though that if this is the way I was supposed to read the confession then that basically means that NS either died all the way in back in part 1- or at least Naruto's serious pursuit of Sakura in his competition with Sasuke ended all the way then- or it was never really alive, to begin with. At least not from Naruto's perspective. This view also makes him look kind of scummy but..idk it makes sense to me right now when I consider everything. Perhaps there's something I missed though? 

I don't think good of the idea to linking the manga with the Last especially since it has sooo many plotholes (if Hinata and Naruto met before, why it wasn't referred in the manga? If the Ten-Tails body was on the moon, how the HELL Madara brought it to earth? If Hiruzen (the Third Hokage) had a memento from Naruto's mother, why didn't he gave it to her BEFORE he died?) , I'm sorry but this movie just screams  Naruto: The Last MINUTE DECISION

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 16 August 2017 - 04:03 PM.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#112 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

I left out my point. My point is I don't have the motivation to write more than that as in explanation, the detail, and everything that can satisfy you. Well, depending on how much you treasured the series. It's funny because I want to cut down the detail since I was going into exposition and way too detail, but you being here somewhat want me to do that again. Also, I wrote that long post to let you know how I worked for the rest of the time spent here. Don't forget it.

The downside of internet is not truly understanding the expression. I wasn't defensive nor have intention to do so. It's the same when I misinterpreted your part.

So again, don't expect anything more depth detail from me. If you want to feel like a winner of the argument, it's fine by me.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 August 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#113 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:06 PM

I half jokingly because like what I said earlier, internet tone can be misinterpreted. I have seen your posts. You do come off like cocky person, but I won't fault you if you unintentionally done so. Don't ask me further and just end it there.

It's a chain. If I don't have motivation, I won't able to explain, and if I won't, then sorry for discontinuing the topic. You have a knack to get an answer on one criteria when technically the already explained point has done so. It's fine.

Not the best comparison. That example is a quick-by answer by simply saying "I don't like cold food" or "I don't like the flavor." The discussion that we could have gone through requires all the points and elaboration to address properly. I am at work and I want to work on other things, but this keeps on dragging me back in. My advice: let it go. Lunch time is here. I would like to spend on not pointless topic.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 August 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#114 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

I feel like I missed a scene but okay. That's good enough for me.

Well more like roll with it, but whatever gets me out, I'm cool.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 August 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#115 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

1: It was referenced that Naruto and Hinata knew eachother from the academy years. The Last chose to show one of these moments.

2: Madara summoned the Ten Tails back to the world, using his Rinnegan gained by Black Zetsu's machinations. 

3: Considering that the circumstances of Naruto birth were kept pretty secret, it's quite viable that he was waiting for the right time, or, as so many human beings are capable of, forgot. This isn't a plot hole anyway. 

This was easy to answer. Happy to answer any other things you missed from the Manga or the Last. 

1. YOUR opinion. Not a fact.
2. YOUR opinion. Not a fact.
3. YOUR (in this case) really stupid opinion. Not a fact

See that's was pretty easy to answer again, first of all how can you even interpret that Naruto and HInata first meeting happened this way especially when in his introduction he says and I quote "a weirdo that LOOKS AWAY WHEN I LOOK AT HER" (I'm using bold in order for you to see the exact words with more ease) , this can be interpreted in several ways, I for example, can't see their first meeting being something like that if Naruto in her introduction says this, it's contradictory, you could interpret it that way if you are biased with Hinata or NH (which you probably are)

Second, is this explicitly explained in the movie? Let's assume it is for the sake of the argument, why isn't mentioned in the manga? Again, which backs up my claim of the Last being a last minute decision.

Third, this one is really dumb, you honestly want to answer that question as Hiruzen simply forgot, even tough in 12 years he never once forgot about Minato's last wish in that he wanted Naruto to be seen as a hero, and hide the truth from the children so that they won't hate him??? How, pray tell, doesn't forget that, but forgots something like a memento from her mother?? He could've simply gave it to him saying it was a congratulatory gift for graduating in the academy.

You are full of biased opinions, that you treat as a fact, I don't have anything else to say really.

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 16 August 2017 - 04:25 PM.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#116 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

What are you talking about? It's well established that Naruto and Hinata met in their academy years. This is a fact. Number one is true. There's even a flashback to the academy in the Chuunin Exams with her there. 

Number 2 is actually from the manga. Chapter 606. Please, fact check yourself before you embarrass yourself. 

Number 3: Feel free to criticize or speculate on why he didn't give him the scarf, but that its a memento discovered later is perfectly fine.I was only offering reasons for it, none that any character, or even the reader needs to be privy too.  It's not a plot hole, and that, is fact. 

Since one and two are facts, and not biased opinions, and you are not fact-checking, maybe you could go..I don't know, read the source material? Or watch the source material? 

0/100, F. See me after class. 

Hey teacher, see why people say you twist around things and left away the statements that don't want to argue???
I EXPLICITLY said your INTERPRETATION of how they met it's contradictory, you know, Naruto says she looks away when he looks at her, what does this mean? well that until now there is a VERY good chance they never shared EYE contact until the chuunin exams. The FACT is that Naruto is aware that Hinata looked at him sometimes, the other thing is nothing but your own opinions.

On the second point yeah you are right, altough the transalation I found call's the moon a stone from were they summon it don't explicitly says The Moon (the satelite itself) , let's say you are right, the "Lore" of this series turned to nothing but crap for me so yeah, you are right.

It is a plothole yes, however you had said this movie had none of this now you are saying it has, make up your mind will you?

Btw,  I have way more problems with the first scene you like to say soo much it's just expands on one of Naruto and Hinata first meetings, am I gonna explain them to you? No. Is it because I have  no explanations for it? No. Is it because you are gonna defend that scene no matter what? Yes.

I think I'd rather quit this class, I would learn more from myself that I would learn from you teach. :D

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 16 August 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#117 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

I've reread that part too and I've always been curious as to why Sakura was getting angry at Naruto's rejection. All the same, the explanation in the Last doesn't really make sense when you think about it for reasons I discuss in great detail in the following posts:

The bottomline is that we see numerous situations (and I encourage rereading the scenes I cite) where Naruto displays sincere reactions that he couldn't possibly have without being in love and knowing what love is. Moreover, when taking into account the fact that Naruto never pursues Ino or the legions of other Sasuke fangirls, it's pretty clear that his love and sincere affection for Sakura is not the result of wanting to beat Sasuke in some kind of childish rivalry which Sasuke is not even interested in.

Furthermore, there's something else we're forgetting here. Naruto's initial reaction to Sakura's confession is not "you came all the way out here to tell me that." Rather, he gives the exact same reaction HInata gave to Naruto in the film when he inadvertently confessed to her. He's touched. He's blushing. His feelings are on full parade and nothing like which you see when he's eating a bowl of ramen.

naruto-925146.jpg

naruto-925147.jpg
naruto-925148.jpg

It's not until she actually starts explaining the reason for her feelings (love DOES need a reason, folks! :wink: ) that Naruto begins getting skeptical and behaving in the fashion you point out. Naruto is able to recall what Sakura has said in the past and is able to immediately pinpoint deception. And it's the result of what he knows about Sakura (specifically, that she loves Sasuke, a feeling he fully and completely understands) that he's able to determine that she's not telling the truth.

If we are to believe that he thought Sakura was talking about the kind of love one has for ramen/friend, then his reaction would not be what we see in the panels above, but instead what we see in the film initially in regards to Hinata. He'd say something to the effect of "I love you too Sakura, but why'd you come out here?" There'd be no shock, no surprise and especially no heartfelt blushing on his part. And thus, I'm inclined to reject any notion that this scene is consistent with the The Last

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#118 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

0/100, F. See me after class. 

What the hell does this mean? Are you seriously grading people's posts? Is this university's NH lecture? When's the exam?

ナルサク

#119 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Each arc feels like those anime where it reset and the character acts differently but not because of development, rather because a new path is taken.

#120 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

I've reread that part too and I've always been curious as to why Sakura was getting angry at Naruto's rejection. All the same, the explanation in the Last doesn't really make sense when you think about it for reasons I discuss in great detail in the following posts:

The bottomline is that we see numerous situations (and I encourage rereading the scenes I cite) where Naruto displays sincere reactions that he couldn't possibly have without being in love and knowing what love is. Moreover, when taking into account the fact that Naruto never pursues Ino or the legions of other Sasuke fangirls, it's pretty clear that his love and sincere affection for Sakura is not the result of wanting to beat Sasuke in some kind of childish rivalry which Sasuke is not even interested in.

Furthermore, there's something else we're forgetting here. Naruto's initial reaction to Sakura's confession is not "you came all the way out here to tell me that." Rather, he gives the exact same reaction HInata gave to Naruto in the film when he inadvertently confessed to her. He's touched. He's blushing. His feelings are on full parade and nothing like which you see when he's eating a bowl of ramen.

naruto-925146.jpg

naruto-925147.jpg
naruto-925148.jpg

It's not until she actually starts explaining the reason for her feelings (love DOES need a reason, folks! :wink: ) that Naruto begins getting skeptical and behaving in the fashion you point out. Naruto is able to recall what Sakura has said in the past and is able to immediately pinpoint deception. And it's the result of what he knows about Sakura (specifically, that she loves Sasuke, a feeling he fully and completely understands) that he's able to determine that she's not telling the truth.

If we are to believe that he thought Sakura was talking about the kind of love one has for ramen/friend, then his reaction would not be what we see in the panels above, but instead what we see in the film initially in regards to Hinata. He'd say something to the effect of "I love you too Sakura, but why'd you come out here?" There'd be no shock, no surprise and especially no heartfelt blushing on his part. And thus, I'm inclined to reject any notion that this scene is consistent with the The Last

You hit the nail right on the head, I simply just can't believe that this whole time Naruto didn't undersand his own feelings.
I mean just look at his interactions with people like Sasuke or Gaara, if he didn't know know what he felt, how can he even empatice with them?
He said both Sasuke and Gaara that he knew first hand the feeling of loneliness they both had, because he had experinced himself, and they both believed him.
And talking about love, he tolds Sakura that he knew exactly how she felt, and Sakura realises that he is not lyiing. Naruto then goes out of his way to do his POAL to cheer her up and motivate himself for the mission. If he didn't really loved her, he would've have never tried to reassure her about Sasuke's situation BEFORE and AFTER Sasuke left, he wouldn't have respected Sakura's feelings and walked away when Tsunade healed Sasuke, he would've not in a million years made that stupid promise.
The same thing can be said, if Hinata really loved Naruto (the person) and not the IDEA of him, she would've wanted for him to be happy first and foremost.
Hell, until the pein-arc, that seemed to be the case, since she wasn't moping or angry about Sakura hugging Naruto, she ACTUALLY was happy for him, so even her love was more truthful until that point at least, then comes the last were she is super mopey and jealos over a kittening scarf A. kittening. SCARF.

What the hell does this mean? Are you seriously grading people's posts? Is this university's NH lecture? When's the exam?

I think it's just snark, or at least I vaguely remember her saying something like that.

Edited by BlackShirtGuy, 16 August 2017 - 06:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users