• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#101 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 7 2011, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In terms of specs, they don't seem to have taken a leap ahead of Sony and Microsoft, but caught up.

Where did you find the specs. It's really murder on my studies, trying to look for these specs with two finals coming up in the next two days.

#102 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:31 PM

Why is the controller looks almost exactly like Sega's Game Gear with the standard generation update? o.O

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#103 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jun 7 2011, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did you find the specs. It's really murder on my studies, trying to look for these specs with two finals coming up in the next two days.

Excuse me, I meant off of actual gameplay that we were able to see. The only thing Ive come across is somewhat explaining the system's connectivity to the control.

Why is the controller looks almost exactly like Sega's Game Gear with the standard generation update? o.O

Its that big so it can fit in that big of a screen. Wonder what teh battery life is.
\

#104 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Is there any video demonstration for the Wii U?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#105 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 7 2011, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any video demonstration for the Wii U?

Not really. They only did a quick hardware demonstration and said that the machine had some test programs available for testing on the E3 grounds somewhere. I suspect most video game websites will have a video up by tomorrow though, so just keep checking up on it. I'm interested in hearing how the controller feels.

I just realized though. Aliens: Colonial Marines was in the presentation as well, which means Gearbox is producing games for the Wii U. Does this make room for a Borderlands on my Nintendo consoles? Perhaps a late late port of Duke Nukem next year?

#106 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Nintendo had the best conference, but I'm definitely more excited about the PSV than anything else.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#107 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

At the cost of being barraged by hatred:

As much as I try to, I just can't muster enough gnashing of teeth against this game. About the only thing I see worth being negative about is the new character design, I just chalk it up to being a reboot or a prologue, sort of pre-badass Dante period. I'm optimistic Ninja Theory'll eventually craft Dante into the more recognizable one....if it IS Dante.
2 other Capcom games:

Dragon's Dogma/Asura's Wrath --Click here to view--

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 07 June 2011 - 08:02 PM.

#108 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 7 2011, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't be too sure about that square enix said that everyone from the first will be there (don't know about Fang and Vanille though) so expect to see Snow. The game takes place a few years after the first (two years probably) that means Snow and Serah must have gotten married. The gameplay of Noel and Serah is obviously the beginning we don't know if she will get separated from Noel and then he meets Lightning and they start traveling together (I do hope they get together don't like Hope/Lightning dry.gif).

No they said Some of the charactors will return, and they never said they will all be playable, We already have Sereh, Noel, Lighting, and most likely the rival that was shown in the first trailer being playable charactors, so that leaves two slots open, and i'm hoping those will be filled by Fang and Vanille, but that's unlikely because then Square Enix would have problems with their line-up, if they announce them as playable charactors, it will be a major spoiler and ruin part of the story and if they don't then everyone will figure it out anyway and will ruin part of the story.

We probably will see Snow make an appearance, later in the game, too much time was spent on his and Serah's relationship for them not to be together again..but one can always keep hoping.

I have no idea what to make of Nintendo's conference, I was pleased with the 3DS line-up but other than that I don't know what to make of it, the tech demo where they showned with the bird didn't appear to show graphics any better than that seen on the 360 and PS3, and while the controller makes allot more sense now and I can see it usefulness in games, i'm not sold on the size of the thing, it looks the same sive as a ipad and that's not exactly comfertable to play with, also all the games shown (except Lego) were all multiplatform games that will be out on the other consoles months before WiiU launch, we didn't get any first party games either with the pretty much confirmed Zelda game.

All in all I like the controller and the posabilities it brings to gaming, but i'm not sure if Nintendo showed enough to warrant a purchase just yet, we had more content for the 3DS announcment and the launch line-up with weak there, we've got even less in terms of games this time. Also all the Wii owners must be crying, except for showing Zeld Nintendo didn't show a single game, it was like they put the nail in the coffin already.

iAnby7W.gif

#109 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

No matter how much over the top the action is, I won't forgive the ridiculous desing Ninja Theory gave to dante, This could be a nice reboot, this could have been an nice game, but Dante just look so damn ridiculous and stupid that I can't help myself but rage. Well, many people tought DMC 2 was the black ship of the series, just wait for this one to come out.

#110 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:07 PM

And I just shrug at it. I can't judge it until I play the whole story and see what happens if there's a sequel to the new DMC. I don't like the redesign either, but eh, oh well. Capcom hasn't said anything nor have they pulled from the project, so Ninja Theory's doing something right.

Another edit: Posted Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath gameplay/trailers in my earlier post. Will post again here:

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 07 June 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#111 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 7 2011, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I just shrug at it. I can't judge it until I play the whole story and see what happens if there's a sequel to the new DMC. I don't like the redesign either, but eh, oh well. Capcom hasn't said anything nor have they pulled from the project, so Ninja Theory's doing something right.

Another edit: Posted Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath gameplay/trailers in my earlier post. Will post again here:

If I'm not mistaken, I readed in an article that Capcom got really dissapointed on Dante new desing.

#112 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jun 7 2011, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And why is that? Their show has yet to air, and I'm really getting pumped. They owned E3 last year, and they'll do it again imho, with Sony a close second/shared first. Microsoft lost with their obsessive Kinect b*llsh*t.

Well, it mostly started with the Wii. Nearly everything that had to do with that in my eyes was complete garbage. To be honest, I went out and bought a 3DS because I thought it'd be nice. And it was, in a way but it sort of just drew the line for me when I started having issues with 2 of them and then not to mention the lack software... I dunno.

I will more than likely never buy a Nintendo product again. They had my childhood with the SNES, N64 and Gamecube but I guess that's it.

#113 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 7 2011, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I'm not mistaken, I readed in an article that Capcom got really disappointed on Dante's new design.

That would be nice, link?

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 07 June 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#114 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 7 2011, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be nice, link?

My bad, I got it wrong, it was an interview for IGN, Capcom representatives weren't disapointed with the new Dante, They actually were "tolerable" about it.

http://uk.xbox360.ig.../1129209p1.html

But still, Capcom must be out of it's head to allow NT to make such an atrocious change.

#115 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 7 2011, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No they said Some of the charactors will return, and they never said they will all be playable, We already have Sereh, Noel, Lighting, and most likely the rival that was shown in the first trailer being playable charactors, so that leaves two slots open, and i'm hoping those will be filled by Fang and Vanille, but that's unlikely because then Square Enix would have problems with their line-up, if they announce them as playable charactors, it will be a major spoiler and ruin part of the story and if they don't then everyone will figure it out anyway and will ruin part of the story.

We probably will see Snow make an appearance, later in the game, too much time was spent on his and Serah's relationship for them not to be together again..but one can always keep hoping.

I have no idea what to make of Nintendo's conference, I was pleased with the 3DS line-up but other than that I don't know what to make of it, the tech demo where they showned with the bird didn't appear to show graphics any better than that seen on the 360 and PS3, and while the controller makes allot more sense now and I can see it usefulness in games, i'm not sold on the size of the thing, it looks the same sive as a ipad and that's not exactly comfertable to play with, also all the games shown (except Lego) were all multiplatform games that will be out on the other consoles months before WiiU launch, we didn't get any first party games either with the pretty much confirmed Zelda game.

All in all I like the controller and the posabilities it brings to gaming, but i'm not sure if Nintendo showed enough to warrant a purchase just yet, we had more content for the 3DS announcment and the launch line-up with weak there, we've got even less in terms of games this time. Also all the Wii owners must be crying, except for showing Zeld Nintendo didn't show a single game, it was like they put the nail in the coffin already.

Well you're right there's probably going to be six characters just like the first but remember it has to be three males and three females. Noel, armor guy, one more male character, Lightning, Serah, one more female character so sorry for you but I really want the third male character to be Snow and not Hope (Sazh is too weak I don't want him to be a playable character not that I hate him or anything). As for the third female character I really don't know but I have a feeling it won't be Fang or Vanille as much as I want to see them again I don't think they will be in this game. Looks like we have to wait.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#116 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

I need signups for team play on Dead Island in August.

#117 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jun 7 2011, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need signups for team play on Dead Island in August.

When is it? I can probably get it on my birthday, Aug. 10. Or, you could also join a couple of my own buddies, badass players.

#118 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jun 7 2011, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really. They only did a quick hardware demonstration and said that the machine had some test programs available for testing on the E3 grounds somewhere. I suspect most video game websites will have a video up by tomorrow though, so just keep checking up on it. I'm interested in hearing how the controller feels.

I just realized though. Aliens: Colonial Marines was in the presentation as well, which means Gearbox is producing games for the Wii U. Does this make room for a Borderlands on my Nintendo consoles? Perhaps a late late port of Duke Nukem next year?

Ken Levine is backing it up too. Can't wait to see Bioshock taking to the next level. Imagine a new innovative way to use plasmids with the Wii U. cool.gif

#119 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Far Cry 3 gameplay:

I`m not going to kid around, this game looks like an serious competition to Battlefield 3.

#120 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 7 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When is it? I can probably get it on my birthday, Aug. 10. Or, you could also join a couple of my own buddies, badass players.

August 1st, apparently. 4 player co-op online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users