• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#101 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

Haven't visited other naruto forums in a long while, so it's likely been addressed, but I'm curious if you've considered mentioning anything in the manifesto now that Kishi's finally revealed some of Naruto's heritage. His dad wasn't a huge surprise, but his mother,

A red head who was rather tomboyish and had a lot in common with Naruto's personality
sound an awful lot like someone else we know.

Of course it's not really evidence of anything - it could be a coincidence or another "red herring" - but it seems like a nice parallel (a term which some anti-naruSaku fans seem to be fond of using) for Kishi to set up should NaruSaku happen.

#102 Enermil

Enermil

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Mizura @ Sep 1 2007, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, people are calling it "red herring" and "friendship/brother-sister" (strange, I could have Sworn that Naruto/Sasuke has already got the "best friends/siblings" slot filled) only. >.>

Interesting. I remember that before part 2 they said that she was a b*tch towards Naruto and the wouldn´t ever be together. Now they come with the best firends-brother/sister argument. Interesting shifting of their perception of Naruto and Sakura relationship.

PD: And what about Jiraiya talking about Tsunade rejections Takeo? It reminded me of Sakura rejections to Naruto.

#103 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:24 PM

Interesting. I remember that before part 2 they said that she was a b*tch towards Naruto and the wouldn´t ever be together. Now they come with the best firends-brother/sister argument. Interesting shifting of their perception of Naruto and Sakura relationship.

I know. Isn't that funny? >=D

Heheh, as for Naruto's parents... it Does seem that Sakura is closer to Naruto's mother's personality than most other characters, ne? tongue.gif That said, I don't think this was actually meant to be a parallel.

I was actually more curious that chapter about the JiraTsu. While it may also be invalid parallel-wise, the Legendary Sannin have traditionally been fodders for the development of team 7, so if there's some failed JiraTsu going on...

Hahah, I'm getting too ahead of myself. XD

#104 Enermil

Enermil

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Mizura @ Sep 1 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know. Isn't that funny? >=D

Heheh, as for Naruto's parents... it Does seem that Sakura is closer to Naruto's mother's personality than most other characters, ne? tongue.gif That said, I don't think this was actually meant to be a parallel.

I was actually more curious that chapter about the JiraTsu. While it may also be invalid parallel-wise, the Legendary Sannin have traditionally been fodders for the development of team 7, so if there's some failed JiraTsu going on...

Yeah that parallel thing between team 7 and the sanin is interesting, but also is a bit disturbing. Just think of a travestite Sasuke who has tastes on young boys err.gif .

That talk between Jiraiya and Tsunade turned me into a JirTsu shipper.

#105 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

Yeah that parallel thing between team 7 and the sanin is interesting, but also is a bit disturbing. Just think of a travestite Sasuke who has tastes on young boys err.gif .

*conjures up disturbing images of Sasuke going after say... Konohamaru*

err.gif

#106 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Mizura @ Sep 2 2007, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, people are calling it "red herring" and "friendship/brother-sister" (strange, I could have Sworn that Naruto/Sasuke has already got the "best friends/siblings" slot filled) only. >.>

yes but accoring to them, he probably needs a sister too tongue.gif

damn this stupid red herring argument. Better stop here or ill just end up ranting lol

QUOTE (Mizura @ Sep 2 2007, 05:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i always thought team 7 were supposed to succeed where the sannin failed, for example, jiraiya failed orochimaru, while naruto will succeed with sasuke, JiraTsu might fail, NaruSaku might succeed.

then again, im probably getting too ahead of myself too lol

#107 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:50 AM

damn this stupid red herring argument.

Then again, look on the bright side: they're basically admitting that we have enough moments to be considered red herrings. >=D

Right now, the other pairings don't even have enough scenes to be considered that. XD (Not that they can't still be developed, but it's still funny) XD

#108 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Mizura @ Sep 2 2007, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then again, look on the bright side: they're basically admitting that we have enough moments to be considered red herrings. >=D

Right now, the other pairings don't even have enough scenes to be considered that. XD (Not that they can't still be developed, but it's still funny) XD

i wont be happy until they admit NaruSaku has a chance of happening, they still (as far as i know) think that there is no chance of NaruSaku and thats annoying.

#109 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:01 AM

Rein in the LOLing and other comments about the NaruHina fans, 'kay?

#110 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:05 AM

Sorry. XP Since people started comparing my essays to pro-NaruHina and anti-NaruSaku essays, I got a bit overboard.

Not helped by how the other pairing fandoms overreacted at the beginning of this arc. I kind of wanted to let some things off my chest.

#111 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:18 AM

Oh snaps i started a pairing discussion, SO SORRY!! :shamefulcry0js: Bad me >__<
I'll refrain from overreacting and posting rival pairing essays from now on sweatdrop.gif

...but just for a little input on my viewpoint on the matter (just for the heck of it):
Don't get me wrong, here's the truth - I have respect for the opposing pairings. I have friends that support them. There are actually a lot of cool fans of NaruHina/SasuSaku that have openly admitted "I really like NaruHina/SasuSaku, but i think NaruSaku's got more going for it" and I even saw one that said: "She'll [Hinata] probably just accept that if Naruto is happy, she's happy. Let's face it, we NaruHina supporters have no evidence since the fillers aren't canon, we should just give up and accept it is going to be NaruSaku (if anything at all...)." Direct quote happy.gif
They're people, like us, just with a different views/opinions on a certain matter. But what i dislike is the fans that don't give me the same respect back, and/or jump me with a simple hypocrytical arguement sad.gif
I get sad when I get "discriminated" just because I like NaruSaku mad.gif Just posting something like "I like NaruSaku!" on somewere like Youtube or NF is like taboo x__x Apparently, saying a positive comment about NaruSaku in a predominantly NaruHina/SasuSaku community translates to "Hey beat me up! I'd like some neg reps and flames too if it's not too much trouble" o__o
As for the red herring thing. I heard a NaruHina fan say "I respect NaruSaku and all, but it's really just a red herring pairing".
That was a blow to my heart right there :shamefulcry0js:

So yeah, basically, SORRY FOR STARTING A PAIRING DISCUSSION!! ACK! >__< And in response to my previous post i actually do respect NaruHina/SasuSakuers! Really! T___T Sorrrry Nick & Mizura!
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#112 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

Don't worry. It's more my fault than yours. XD

Whoo! You know some real nice NaruHina/SasuSaku fans! a_dance.gif I knew a nice one once, like the ones you've mentioned, but he hasn't been around for a while.

Most of them now though indeed seem to keep labelling NaruSaku as red herring. -_O

Or say that it's only comedy based or Sasuke based (and the other pairings are better because...!?!)

A hell lot proclaimed NaruSaku dead the minute Hinata showed up this arc. XP Yes, just when she showed Up. By the time Hinata got placed in the same mini-team as Naruto, the future pairings were apparently "obvious," nevermind all the development NaruSaku has had up till them.

#113 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Mizura @ Sep 2 2007, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry. It's more my fault than yours. XD

Whoo! You know some real nice NaruHina/SasuSaku fans! a_dance.gif I knew a nice one once, like the ones you've mentioned, but he hasn't been around for a while.

Most of them now though indeed seem to keep labelling NaruSaku as red herring. -_O

Or say that it's only comedy based or Sasuke based (and the other pairings are better because...!?!)

A hell lot proclaimed NaruSaku dead the minute Hinata showed up this arc. XP Yes, just when she showed Up. By the time Hinata got placed in the same mini-team as Naruto, the future pairings were apparently "obvious," nevermind all the development NaruSaku has had up till them.

Omg i love you laugh.gif
But seriously, so true! It takes us so much effort to explain an obvious hint while Hinata just walks into a panel and it's all "OMG NARUHINA LOVE!!!" :shamefulcry0js:

#114 Daidoji_Tangen

Daidoji_Tangen

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (ChibiChan @ Sep 2 2007, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh snaps i started a pairing discussion, SO SORRY!! :shamefulcry0js: Bad me >__<
I'll refrain from overreacting and posting rival pairing essays from now on sweatdrop.gif
...but just for a little input on my viewpoint on the matter (just for the heck of it):
Don't get me wrong, here's the truth - I have respect for the opposing pairings. I have friends that support them. There are actually a lot of cool fans of NaruHina/SasuSaku that have openly admitted "I really like NaruHina/SasuSaku, but i think NaruSaku's got more going for it" and I even saw one that said: "She'll [Hinata] probably just accept that if Naruto is happy, she's happy. Let's face it, we NaruHina supporters have no evidence since the fillers aren't canon, we should just give up and accept it is going to be NaruSaku (if anything at all...)." Direct quote happy.gif
They're people, like us, just with a different views/opinions on a certain matter. But what i dislike is the fans that don't give me the same respect back, and/or jump me with a simple hypocrytical arguement sad.gif
I get sad when I get "discriminated" just because I like NaruSaku mad.gif Just posting something like "I like NaruSaku!" on somewere like Youtube or NF is like taboo x__x Apparently, saying a positive comment about NaruSaku in a predominantly NaruHina/SasuSaku community translates to "Hey beat me up! I'd like some neg reps and flames too if it's not too much trouble" o__o
As for the red herring thing. I heard a NaruHina fan say "I respect NaruSaku and all, but it's really just a red herring pairing".

So yeah, basically, SORRY FOR STARTING A PAIRING DISCUSSION!! ACK! >__< And in response to my previous post i actually do respect NaruHina/SasuSakuers! Really! T___T Sorrrry Nick & Mizura!

Well, how you post them in the debate Thread. They wouldn't be out of place there since that's the Thread's purpose.

#115 Arcticfox

Arcticfox

Foxness get used to it

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

*stands and applauds*

excellent excellent observations read the whole thing and agree with your findings, you went deeper into the relashioship then I did with smiles and face reactions, I was into alot of what was said. from taking relashionship marketing and relashionship theory what your saying makes sence with the slaps. even though I know a girl is probally going to smack me Ill bring up something embarrising.

thanks for you hours spent on this you've cleared up alot of questions that would take hundreds of discussions and posts to go over!

work through the pain :love:

#116 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (ChibiChan @ Sep 2 2007, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NF isn't that bad.

The pairing threads aren't tons of fun, but that's true for all sides. I get along fine with plenty of NaruHina or SasuSaku fans.

I don't know about YouTube because I don't hang out much there or read the comments.

And yeah, debate is fine. We're trying to keep the general NaruSaku debate stuff on one thread and not let things cross too much. But hey, it's pretty much impossible to keep everything completely distinct because a lot of thread topics are different, but still similar enough.

#117 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:31 AM

^^

O.K. happy.gif
Yeah NF isn't terrible.....I just exaggerate a lot but true true the pairing threads. I think that's just what turns me off mellow.gif It can get rabid up in those threads! ...But yeah, there are a lot of nice people around there, yeh just gotta find em laugh.gif
Youtube can get pretty crazy though, that is a pretty sure shot unsure.gif

And I get along w/a lot of NH/SS fans too actually laugh.gif
It's just the scary ones that frighten me :shamefulcry0js:
But it's true that the pairing world goes all around; there's rabid fans everywhere, with any pairing...it's just that some get more from others because the pairings don't support each other....*sigh* it's all quite sad... sad.gif
Once the pairing wars are over, i think every person who ever supported a pairing in the series should get together and throw a big party just for kicks and in memory of the terrible war/celebration of its end smile.gif

#118 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:50 PM

Once the pairing wars are over, i think every person who ever supported a pairing in the series should get together and throw a big party just for kicks and in memory of the terrible war/celebration of its end

Lol, I see it this way:

When the manga finishes there will be gloating from fans of the pairing which happened.
Then the forums will go nuts and I gurantee there will be some Kishimoto bashing.
I can actually see the war continuing a year after the manga ends, then we may get Pairing peace.

#119 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:38 PM

We all must remember for us to receive respect from NH/SS we must offer the same towards them. Yes I know some NH/SS fan are complete bastards but not all of them. Some are generally nice while other are respectiful and is capable to carry good agruments like Phoenixblood (you probably heard of her Nick since you go on NF alot). I know cool crowd of SS and I see them as my family onNS vs. SS unfortunately I dont any NH nor i speak them.

Probably because I figured it would be a waste of time debating topics which its obvious and pointless to discuss, since they barely have evidence to support. Just more so a waste of effort, time, & energy.

Thanks to Kishi, the war is in a grace period since neither of the 3 sides have any new evidence to start new battle. I assume another might erupt after the amine is finish with the Sasuke & Sai arc.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#120 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:49 PM

I know a few nice NarutoxHinata and SasukexSakura fans as well happy.gif .

I hate the red herring argument as well......Sounds more like an excuse to hate rather than a reason....

Anyway, your manifesto is the best there is, Mizura! I absolutely adore it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users