Close
Photo

Liking Hinata and hating Sakura

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#101 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:23 AM

What was with Kishimoto and selective tsunderes? Sakura is a tsundere, but not towards Sasuke. Sasuke is a tsundere, but ONLY towards Naruto. 

No idea.... it just never made sense to me.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 01 December 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#102 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:39 AM

EZ, Sakura's was being a tsundere to her planned love interest, but the plan changed
And her behavior didn't.

And Sasuke is being a tsundere to his one true love :zaru:

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 01 December 2017 - 04:40 AM.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#103 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:00 AM

EZ, Sakura's was being a tsundere to her planned love interest, but the plan changed
And her behavior didn't.

And Sasuke is being a tsundere to his one true love :zaru:

Which is a character type long seen in many many other love stories and subtle romance subplots in other anime. Especially when it comes to high school stories.

She is extremely prissy and fake around the guy she lusts for, but is more real and sincere around the guy she actually loves. Even if the real personality is more aggressive than usual. Look to such examples as Toradora, Maid-Sama, Love Hina, Evangelion and Familiar of Zero.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#104 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:11 AM

I've always looked at Sakura and Naruto and thought "This is Yusuke and Keiko 2.0." Naruto is an attention seeking slightly perverted "delinquent." who actually had a good heart all along, whose in love with his fiesty, brainy friend. The only difference is Yusuke and Keiko were never in  a love triangle. 

#105 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:12 AM

I've always looked at Sakura and Naruto and thought "This is Yusuke and Keiko 2.0." Naruto is an attention seeking slightly perverted "delinquent." who actually had a good heart all along, whose in love with his fiesty, brainy friend. The only difference is Yusuke and Keiko were never in  a love triangle. 

Lucky them, and yet Studio Pierrot didn't do anything to make Keiko look bad when animating Yu Yu Hakusho, and shows how they have sunk so far...

#106 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

Lucky them, and yet Studio Pierrot didn't do anything to make Keiko look bad when animating Yu Yu Hakusho, and shows how they have sunk so far...

Well, Mizuki Nana didn't voice any character in YYH, right? So there was no other character that had to look better at her expense.

#107 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

The funny thing is Togashi admits he didn't even like Keiko. She was "Boring." and yet he stuck to his intent and he treated her with respect. Thus we got a GOOD ending. 

#108 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:07 AM

Well, Mizuki Nana didn't voice any character in YYH, right? So there was no other character that had to look better at her expense.

I think it was before Ms. Mizuki began her career, since Yu Yu Hakusho was in the 90's, dude.

The funny thing is Togashi admits he didn't even like Keiko. She was "Boring." and yet he stuck to his intent and he treated her with respect. Thus we got a GOOD ending. 

And we know Keiko also kept Yusuke grounded, like when she slapped him and told him to win when it came to the Dark Tournament. And her feelings bringing him back from the dead.

#109 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:32 AM

"UCHIHAS LURVEEE too much." Except their wives apparently.

The only Uchiha who loved a romantic partner so much they went nuts was Obito. Even Itachi was able to kill his GF, but not his brother. It's weird.

NARUTO is the only living person Sasuke seems to be willing to go to bat for.

IIRC, it merely said "lover", so who's to say it was a GF? :lulz:

2e5.gif

#110 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

I think it was before Ms. Mizuki began her career, since Yu Yu Hakusho was in the 90's, dude.

And we know Keiko also kept Yusuke grounded, like when she slapped him and told him to win when it came to the Dark Tournament. And her feelings bringing him back from the dead.

Heck, in the manga's special arc (taking place after the ending) where a rogue faction within the Spirit World tried to obliterate Earth with their Dimension Cannon, we find out that Yusuke thinks of Keiko as "his goddess" and she indirectly played a part in saving the world from being annihilated(he was able to push the right button to disable the cannon because its color reminded him of Keiko). 

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#111 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

IIRC, it merely said "lover", so who's to say it was a GF? :lulz:

The light novels reveal it's a girl called Izumi and it was more of a one-sided thing I guess :lmao:

I have a deep hatred for these light novels tbh. Itachi used to be so cool and mysterious but every time they show him he just gets more boring.

#112 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, I knew that. Mishandled snark. I don't remember any anime from the 90s where a minor character was given a ton of filler screentime because of a popular voice actress.

Edited by DrK, 02 December 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#113 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

Thats because it didn't happen lol. 

Megumi Ogata was the popular VA from YYH and they voiced a main char already :zaru:

YYH didn't have time for fillers. Just long ass fight scenes that lasted episodes. 

#114 RidiculouslyBored

RidiculouslyBored

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, games, literature (Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart), ice cream, strawberry cheesecake, sports (Tom Brady, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant are my favorite athletes)

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

Danderes are my weakness so I cannot hate Hinata, especially when she did nothing wrong. NaruSaku may be my favorite ship in Naruto but I don't dislike NaruHina. The same applies for Sakura and SasuSaku (even if I don't like their chemistry or rapport as a pairing).

#115 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Neither are Tsundere, actually. Temper does not equal Tsundere. Sasuke is closer than Sakura, and Boruto closer than both of them, but not one of them meets the definition.

Stop talking about tsunderes when you don't seem to understand them.

#116 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:03 PM

Stop talking about tsunderes when you don't seem to understand them.

She acted like a Tsundere around Naruto. She didn't act like one around Sasuke, because she suppressed her real self around him. She was supposed to grow out of that, but if she did then she would have wanted to be with Naruto, which would have caused Hinata to not be able to be with Naruto. So she wasn't allowed to grow out of it. So she's not a Tsundere anymore, technically. Since she doesn't talk to Naruto anymore, and she is still suppressing her real self to act like a 12 year old.

Why did Sasuke want to be with someone who acted like a 12 year old, btw? It wasn't even established that he wanted to be with even the real Sakura. He doesn't seem like the Lolita type. It's Uchiha Sasuke, not Sasuke Sasuke.

Edited by DrK, 07 December 2017 - 08:04 PM.

#117 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

She acted like a Tsundere around Naruto. She didn't act like one around Sasuke, because she suppressed her real self around him. She was supposed to grow out of that, but if she did then she would have wanted to be with Naruto, which would have caused Hinata to not be able to be with Naruto. So she wasn't allowed to grow out of it. So she's not a Tsundere anymore, technically. Since she doesn't talk to Naruto anymore, and she is still suppressing her real self to act like a 12 year old.

We've already explained the reasons why Sakura is an atypical Tsundere pages ago, I'm not going to keep writing the same thing over and over again...

But yea, she's not "anymore" but then again it's hard to be something when you're barely shown. Up to the moment Naruto told Minato she was his GF Sakura was a tsundere. That's the majority of the series.

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 07 December 2017 - 08:06 PM.

#118 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

We've already explained the reasons why Sakura is an atypical Tsundere pages ago, I'm not going to keep writing the same thing over and over again...

But yea, she's not "anymore" but then again it's hard to be something when you're barely shown. Up to the moment Naruto told Minato she was his GF Sakura was a tsundere. That's the majority of the series.

I know, I just wanted to snark about the situation more. It's so ridiculous to me that Sakura was reduced to a child again because of Hinata's existence.

Edited by DrK, 07 December 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#119 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

No they're really not.

And yes she was.

Just like you're wrong about Hinata not being Moe.

You're talking about things you have no concept of and it shows.

#120 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

I don't need explanations from someone who is patently wrong. Thats like asking a blind person about the color blue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users