#102 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

I'm glad to see the film is doing well, ad them wanting to do a sequel is awesome, but I still have to wonder who they'll introduce into the second film... perhaps MechaGodzilla or maybe King Ghidorah? It seems likely or maybe we'll get a crossover of sorts since Del Toro was interested in that if Godzilla was successful.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#103 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Have any of you read the Godzilla Awakening? It explains more on Godzilla's origin and also has a lot of information on Dr Serizawa. I think they will might include some of that information in the sequel.

10wnpqp.jpg

#104 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

I'm glad to see the film is doing well, ad them wanting to do a sequel is awesome, but I still have to wonder who they'll introduce into the second film... perhaps MechaGodzilla or maybe King Ghidorah? It seems likely or maybe we'll get a crossover of sorts since Del Toro was interested in that if Godzilla was successful.

I can see them going the direction of mech, as a form of defense from future attacks, but I think if they're going more realistic, it'd be more human in design than kaiju. The issue is that Legendary already has Pacific Rim to do that with. 

Have any of you read the Godzilla Awakening? It explains more on Godzilla's origin and also has a lot of information on Dr Serizawa. I think they will might include some of that information in the sequel.

I have read it, I don't think it explains much about Godzilla's origin, it's similar to the movie: he's nature's balance, a predator hunting prey. It's almost like Godzilla vs Hedorah (the creature he's following around eats radiation and gets bigger). It also dives into Serizawa's dad's account of the events. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#105 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

I can only hope for a dropkick.

#106 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

I can only hope for a dropkick.

I don't think he can even jump with all that junk in his trunk. :P

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#107 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:09 AM

Fine. How about a body slam?

#108 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

I do like how in the novel it shows off how durable Godzilla is.

He survives both Castle bravo (15 MT) and the kittening primordial asteroid...

eh10ut.jpg

#109 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

I finally got to see it this weekend when I went back to visit my home town. That's were all mt family is and its the only place that allows us to leave our kids with someone so we can watch movies. This is one I wanted to see and I wasn't disappointed. We saw it in 3D on the IMAX and when he roared it shook me to the core! My husband and I loved it. My only complaint was that I wanted to see more of the monsters, but that's about it, oh wait, Aaron Taylor-Johnson showed just one face throughout the entire movie! He had one expression that was used to convey all the emotions he was "supposed" to be feeling. It was annoying really, he had the same blank look, but I was warned by a friend so I was prepared, lol. Other then those two things I was very happy with the film.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#110 Hiyuusha

Hiyuusha

Hanzo Hattori

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Hanging out with bros, writing, prepping ingredients for pizza, making pizza, cooking pizza, slicing pizza, boxing pizza, packing pizza, delivering pizza, opening pizza boxes, grabbing slices of pizza, eating pizza, tasting pizza, swallowing pizza, digesting pizza, and ramen too! Also, I love to make Rasencookies - dattebayo! Lolno.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

The Graphic Novel was pretty good I thought. I also liked the little "Monsta Island" thing they had in there as a ref to Monster Island. Spelling is probably a bit off, but oh well.

#111 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

Just saw it a few hours ago, and...meh. The parts that were exciting were REALLY exciting (LIKE THAT LAST KILL WOWWWWWW), but mostly I was kinda bored :/

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#112 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

I don't understand the hate on Aaron Taylor Johnson's performance in this movie. He did a lot of subtler stuff. If anything, the script is what's to blame for the lack of depth his character gets in comparison to Cranston's, not the actor.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 29 May 2014 - 04:45 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#113 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

Fine. How about a body slam?

I doubt Godzilla could do that... he weights 90,000 tons, 30,000 more then Heisei Godzilla was.

"They don't want none"

#114 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:37 AM

I doubt Godzilla could do that... he weights 90,000 tons, 30,000 more then Heisei Godzilla was.

No dropkick or a body slam. Fine. He could fly though.

#115 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

Though for weighing that much, Godzilla can move quite fast, and unlike Heisei Godzilla he's not afraid to get in there and do a little hand to hand combat.

"They don't want none"

#116 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Whaaaa? What'chu talkin' about? Heisei tends to do "Spam Atomic Breath then close in for tackles and tooth and claw," he just spams his atomic breath more often.  Did you see how he demolished Destoroyah, King Ghidorah, and his first fight with MechaG was fairly close combat as well.

#117 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

True Heisei always did the Atomic Breath thing, but I mean Legendary Godzilla actually fights a bit more without relying so much on his Atomic Breath.

"They don't want none"

#118 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

True Heisei always did the Atomic Breath thing, but I mean Legendary Godzilla actually fights a bit more without relying so much on his Atomic Breath.

In a way, their approach to his breath was their approach to him -- less we see it the greater the anticipation and the greater the excitement when he does appear.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#119 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

That's how they did it, and I appreciate them for doing so, but I have to wonder... is LegendaryGoji's atomic breath as strong as his other counterparts or could it be weaker since it didn't blow up the MUTOs when he used it?

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 02 June 2014 - 10:24 AM.

"They don't want none"

#120 MoonStar

MoonStar

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Lot's of spoilers and ranting.

Saw this movie last week. It was really "eh". First of all, the characters didn't really have much time to flesh out as the one you held the most attachment to doesn't even last to the critical points of the movie. The other main character felt so... transparent. Not only in personality but also in appearance. There were even times where I couldn't tell him apart from the other soldiers.

While the CGI was good, the fights were really lackluster. The monsters would collide and then it would cut away to something else. The only thing that got me hyped was when Godzilla did its Atomic Breath. You just saw the spikes on his back light up in the background and then he unleashed that mother! Also, these are probably the sneakiest colossal monsters I've ever seen! They just... appear behind people on some ninja kitten and then start making loud noises. I'm also a bit confused as to why the other two monsters were clearly violent towards humanity and yet Godzilla wasn't. At the end it just strode back into the water after saving humanity while they clapped and hailed it a hero. How cheesy!

I cringed every time the scientist was on screen. They couldn't have a monster movie without having a wise old Asian man saying profound things for no reason. All he did was look bewildered and say profound kitten. "The arrogance of man is thinking they are in control of nature and not the other way around. Let them fight." Pfft! Had no problems with letting three colossal monsters fight in a populated city.

And finally, too much damn focusing on the kids! What was the point of the Japanese boy on the train? What an absolute waste of time.

Sorry but the movie was disappointing for me, but I did have a lot of fun making fun of it with my friends in the cinema.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
A perfect poem
For the perfect two

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Godzilla, LegendaryPictures, Reboot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users