4976 replies to this topic

#101 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

Come to think of it, Sarada does have a pretty large forehead. I looked it up and it turns out a lot of fans(not just SS) notice it too. Sakura has three defining physical characteristics(her hair color, eye color, and large forehead) and it looks like Sarada got one out of three.

Works for me :)

#102 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Come to think of it, Sarada does have a pretty large forehead. I looked it up and it turns out a lot of fans(not just SS) notice it too. Sakura has three defining physical characteristics(her hair color, eye color, and large forehead) and it looks like Sarada got one out of three.

Works for me :)

Whatever works for you, buddy.

Because Sasuke happened to have similar thing. I'll go as far as saying Kishi forgot about that feature because well, he did forget she is a genjutsu user, right.

Just have her pink hair, that's all it needed...

#103 TheBestUsernameEver

TheBestUsernameEver

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

it is subjective because not everyone see's it the same way you do, and you don't see it the same way some other people do. honestly, it doesn't even matter what the child looks like. what's not subjective is sakura being the biological mother of sarada. that is fact.

Everything is subjective untill an arbitrary set of rules or principles are established stating otherwise.
I'll give you an example:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. That implies that beauty is subjective and its presence or absence depends on the point of view of the Judged or the narrator.

However its subjectivity has a limit. That limit is when you arbitrarily establish a set of rules for judging beauty.

For example in a beauty pageant the participants have to fulfill a certain set of requirements. The person needs to be taller than 5'10'', needs to have long hair because its necessary for the styling which is to be done in the various rounds.

The contestants not meeting the above criteria are not selected. That's not to say they aren't beautiful. Its to say that they aren't beautiful ENOUGH for the established frame of reference.

I can write subjective essays on how those other contestants are equally beautiful but the objective rules state otherwise and the opinions that are in accordance with those rules will have more weight.

Similarly with the manga. Like you said if its already canon fact that Sakura is the mother it makes more sense that there exist similarities between Sakura and Sarada. And the opinion that says so will automatically hold more weight because it is in line with what is canon. In other words in accordance with the already established set of rules/principles.

Of course I don't see things the way other people do and other's don't see things the way I do. I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that my opinion fits better with canon.Thus it should both objectively and subjectively have more weight.

Of course if anybody says i'm wrong they're absolutely entitled to their opinion but as this thread exists for a discussion of this very kind I'm arguing my point of view and the others are debating their's.

#104 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Everything is subjective untill an arbitrary set of rules or principles are established stating otherwise.
I'll give you an example:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. That implies that beauty is subjective and its presence or absence depends on the point of view of the Judged or the narrator.

However its subjectivity has a limit. That limit is when you arbitrarily establish a set of rules for judging beauty.

For example in a beauty pageant the participants have to fulfill a certain set of requirements. The person needs to be taller than 5'10'', need to have long hair because its necessary for the styling which is to be done in the various rounds.

The contestants not meeting the above criteria are not selected. That's not to say they aren't beautiful. Its to say that they aren't beautiful ENOUGH for the established frame of reference.

I can write subjective essays on how those other contestants are equally beautiful but the objective rules state otherwise will have more weight.

sounds just like preference, which again is a subjective look.

Similarly with the manga. Like you said if its already canon fact that Sakura is the mother it makes more sense that there exist similarities between Sakura and Sarada. And the opinion that says so will automatically hold more weight because it is in line with what is canon. In other words in accordancw whit tje already established set of rules/principles.

i think you're under the impression that i'm arguing against this, which i'm not. why argue against certain similarities when the manga already established one, like sarada mimicking the exact same verbal tic her mother says. again, that's not an opinion, that's fact. sakura and sarada share similar characteristics.

Of course I don't see things the way other people do and other's don't see things the way I do. I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that my opinion fits better with canon.Thus it should both objectively and subjectively have more weight.

Of course if anybody says i'm wrong they're absolutely entitled to their opinion but as this thread exists for a discussion of this very kind I'm arguing my point of view and the others are debating their's.

of course, and there are plenty of users here who feel the same way you do in regards to how much weight their opinion holds over yours.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#105 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

Because Sasuke happened to have similar thing. I'll go as far as saying Kishi forgot about that feature because well, he did forget she is a genjutsu user, right.

Give salad pink hair will against the spirit of hetero narusasu.
It will make salad as sakura with black eye. Thus you got NS, yellow and pink.

#106 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

His forehead looks normal sized to me. Besides even if it wasn't, it was never lampshaded by other characters. In Gaiden, I wouldn't be surprised if others(or even Sarada herself) points out her forehead being like Sakura's

#107 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

His forehead looks normal sized to me. Besides even if it wasn't, it was never lampshaded by other characters. In Gaiden, I wouldn't be surprised if others(or even Sarada herself) points out her forehead being like Sakura's

We'll see. I get the feeling that boat has sailed. Chapter 700 was pretty much your intro to them. Inoji calling out names with no remorse, ChouChou loves to eat and don't care what others say, and so on. Salad seems to be examining person, thoughtful if I may add. Bolt is Naruto 2.0, now with hate on his father included. Sasuke new hairstyle is similar, so that's why I don't buy it. Again, don't be giving Kishi credit when he literally said sorry for making an error on Naruto's kids. That moment is a worthy falling down gag, facepalm, funny over the top face expression, and so on.

#108 TheBestUsernameEver

TheBestUsernameEver

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

sounds just like preference, which again is a subjective look.

It sounds like preference to you but how exactly? That's what I'm saying. You countered none of what I said.

i think you're under the impression that i'm arguing against this, which i'm not. why argue against certain similarities when the manga already established one, like sarada mimicking the exact same verbal tic her mother says. again, that's not an opinion, that's fact. sakura and sarada share similar characteristics.

No I'm not. I read what you said. I understand that you said that. Sakura is Sarada's mother. But I also explained why I don't agree with the rest of your post saying that looks are subjective in a manga.

of course, and there are plenty of users here who feel the same way you do in regards to how much weight their opinion holds over yours.

Now THAT-is personal preference. How much opinion my weight holds in my eyes is my preference. How much weight others' opinion holds in their eyes is their preference.

But in a debate if you can't counter what someone says with your opinion/facts/reasons whatever your opinion cannot be taken for the winning position.

Edited by TheBestUsernameEver, 15 April 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#109 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

We'll see. I get the feeling that boat has sailed. Chapter 700 was pretty much your intro to them. Inoji calling out names with no remorse, ChouChou loves to eat and don't care what others say, and so on. Salad seems to be examining person, thoughtful if I may add. Bolt is Naruto 2.0, now with hate on his father included. Sasuke new hairstyle is similar, so that's why I don't buy it. Again, don't be giving Kishi credit when he literally said sorry for making an error on Naruto's kids. That moment is a worthy falling down gag, facepalm, funny over the top face expression, and so on.

Yeah, i don't get why doesn't give byakugan to naruto children. I mean why himawari doesn't get byakugan too. What's the point to marry Hinata? Naruto could marry tenten and naruto son will be the clone of himself.

#110 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, i don't get why doesn't give byakugan to naruto children. I mean why himawari doesn't get byakugan too. What's the point to marry Hinata? Naruto could marry tenten and naruto son will be the clone of himself.

That's what I said: mothers don't mean anything.

Like if the mother is off-screen character, fine, do what you want. But if it's on-screen, you should make it sense out of them. Again, I find it more easier to tell in Mortal Kombat X than here.

#111 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:37 PM

That's what I said: mothers don't mean anything.

Like if the mother is off-screen character, fine, do what you want. But if it's on-screen, you should make it sense out of them. Again, I find it more easier to tell in Mortal Kombat X than here.

Yup, kind of ironic that naruto and sasuke take characteristic of their mother. Sasuke especially.

Anyway what happen with mortal kombat? Subzero and scorpion have love child name snowpion.

Edited by rocci, 15 April 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#112 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Yup.

Anyway what happen with mortal kombat? Subzero and scorpion have love child name snowpion.

They do? Or you're messing with me?

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 15 April 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#113 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

They do? Or you're messing with me?

I don't know, that's why I ask you.

#114 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

I don't know, that's why I ask you.

Lol that's not true.

#115 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:41 PM

Lol that's not true.

Oh I though there's something happen in the game.

#116 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:45 PM

Oh I though there's something happen in the game.

Well then, I got to play it then. I haven't start the story mode, so I'll see. But I wonder how then...if it's true that is.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 15 April 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#117 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

It sounds like preference to you but how exactly? That's what I'm saying. You countered none of what I said.

not meeting up with the judges preference is all it is. they have their own standard in beauty, which i'm sure a lot of people won't agree with.

No I'm not. I read what you said. I understand that you said that. Sakura is Sarada's mother. But I also explained why I don't agree with the rest of your post saying that looks are subjective in a manga.

but it is. hell, we even have evidence of it.

f3Soz.jpg

dn4Sb.jpg

Now THAT-is personal preference. How much opinion my weight holds in my eyes is my preference. How much weight others' opinion holds in their eyes is their preference.

But in a debate if you can't counter what someone says with your opinion/facts/reasons whatever you're opinion cannot be taken for the winning position.

and who deems their opinion to be more favorable, the person you're debating or yourself? because as i see it, a lot of people don't agree with you that sakura looks like sarada. so your opinion is the only opinion that wins, and everyone else that disagrees with it is the loser. i say this because you'll find more people on this site disagreeing with your opinion.

Edited by luffyq1, 15 April 2015 - 03:55 PM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#118 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

Oh my! so much for Sasuke's spawn...

I think soon there will be a separate topic on Sa-ra-da :zaru:

#119 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Luffy's right. Sarada's appearance is 100% subjective. Some people thinks she looks like Karin others see some resemblances to Sakura. Regardless, I do think Sarada is Sakura's daughter without a doubt. This whole thing has been ridiculous and really mean spirited.

#120 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

That because glasses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users