Close
Photo

If Naruto: The Last didn't exist, would Naru/Hina be more swallowable?

Naruto The Last

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Poll: Would Naru/Hina been easier to swallow without Naruto: The Last? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Would the pairing of Naruto and Hinata been easier to swallow if Naruto: The Last was never made?

1. Yes (4 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No (32 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:25 PM

And to say "the story would be the same" regardless of which girl got with Naruto throughout most of the story...yeah...just like how that annoyance, remedialaction tries to say the story wouldn't have changed if Sasuke wasn't in it. XP

Agreed so much my story changed when Sasuke decided not to go to Orchimaru and decided to train on his own and thus mets Karin in a small village were he battles Orchimaru but is badly injuried but is kept safe by the villagers and Karin who heals him with her abilties. However, if I took those two characters out it would change things drastically too the point where its not the same story anymore.

Edited by Ryriena, 04 November 2015 - 11:34 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#102 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

milan kyuubi & Hanabi

Pairing war happen because SP tamper scenario with their own romance scenario.  Basically until 615, Naruto is can be everybody boyfriend in manga.  All girl can became Naruto shell (if you don't like Hinata) and story basically still same.

What pipe are you smoking from? The manga supported NS while some of the people in SP supported nH. So when those nH fans had the reins it had hinata scenes. When it was adapting the manga or some other faction was in charge it was NS or SNS. Are you talking about those filler girl like the girls in the movies?

#103 Dexter

Dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:04 AM

I agree to an extent, but I would have taken Naruto moving on over him only loving Sakura out of rivalry

An explanation that doesn't even make sense.

How can you love someone out of a rivalry? Why Sakura? Sasuke literally treated her the same as everyone else hell Sasuke never interacted with her. Why would him pretending to fall for Sakura to get at Sasuke justify how heartbroken he was when Sakura hugged Sasuke and not him after the Sannin arc

#104 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

hell nawl!!!

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#105 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

No.

The entire war arc, especially the second half was terrible. It was a slow-motion train wreck and that remains true even of that movie was never made. The Last incorporates the main series literary crimes (notably the reconning), but it's not what ruins the manga. The manga ruined itself. The true unforgivable thing it did was destroy one of the few redeeming qualities that still existed for Naruto the character. When it comes to romance he went from largely mature (at least in Part 1) to exceptionally petty, which is a direct contradiction to what the manga showed. No way to square that.

However, the series had already turned him into a reactionary self-parody (Obito is cool being the coup de' grace) by that point, so it's not like he was ruined because of the last. The post series stuff is just what finally put him out to pasture. 

As to NH specifically, the Last was a poor attempt to solve obvious gaps in its development. That it was even needed for that purpose highlights that the series failed in its job to properly develop NH. Thus, removing the last doesn't make it anymore tolerable. 

#106 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

No.

The entire war arc, especially the second half was terrible. It was a slow-motion train wreck and that remains true even of that movie was never made. The Last incorporates the main series literary crimes (notably the reconning), but it's not what ruins the manga. The manga ruined itself. The true unforgivable thing it did was destroy one of the few redeeming qualities that still existed for Naruto the character. When it comes to romance he went from largely mature (at least in Part 1) to exceptionally petty, which is a direct contradiction to what the manga showed. No way to square that.

However, the series had already turned him into a reactionary self-parody (Obito is cool being the coup de' grace) by that point, so it's not like he was ruined because of the last. The post series stuff is just what finally put him out to pasture. 

As to NH specifically, the Last was a poor attempt to solve obvious gaps in its development. That it was even needed for that purpose highlights that the series failed in its job to properly develop NH. Thus, removing the last doesn't make it anymore tolerable. 

In retrospect, the war arc was atrocious. I got caught up in the fury of the last 100 chapters or so. But there was a long period before I joined H&E where I briefly skimmed the chapter each week largely out of habit rather than interest.

#107 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:59 PM

In retrospect, I agree reading the war arc it was in decline greatly after Sakura's confession. Her so called fake confession was the down turn of this manga into a badly done shoujio manga.

Edited by Ryriena, 12 November 2015 - 12:59 PM.

Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.

#108 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:25 AM

In retrospect, I agree reading the war arc it was in decline greatly after Sakura's confession. Her so called fake confession was the down turn of this manga into a badly done shoujio manga.

It really started going down much more noticeably, IMO, since Hinata's (unrequited) confession. I mean, immediately after that, you have them seeming to forget things that were emphasized before, like Naruto simply going 4-tailed berserker state was so dangerous that it shortened his lifespan (due to the constant self-injury and healing over and over) and yet here, we had Naruto going 6-tailed and even almost releasing Kurama entirely at 8-tails (were it not for convenient seal haxing because Minato could somehow see the freaking future essentially) and then is instantly completely healed up afterwards with the last Sage Mode Kage Bunshin, but nothing on how much more his life had to have been shortened during that brief stint in a far WORSE state than he was before, and also never fully explaining how Sage Mode helps the Rasenshuriken not hurt Naruto as much (as it wasn't just the explosion, but even just forming/holding it that damaged his arm), and so on.

It's also really when things were attempted to be a lot heavier and deeper...and failed...

2e5.gif

#109 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

Sage mode augment his body defense to be able to use rasenshuriken. While kurama mode only shield him.

#110 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:06 AM

I might tolerate NH more if Sakura had died at some point in the war, provided that they don’t delve into the realm of inconsistency and stupidity by claiming that Naruto only loved Sakura for superficial reasons. Hinata would come to Naruto in his time of grief and throughout her comforting him, he could come to appreciate her for the support she has provided. 

In that scenario, the bond shared between Naruto and Sakura remains in tact while the horror show known SS never sees the light the of day. It’s morbid, yes, but I believe that a selfless sacrifice for Sakura would have been preferable to the ending we’re seeing today. 

Posted Image

#111 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:33 AM

I might tolerate NH more if Sakura had died at some point in the war, provided that they don’t delve into the realm of inconsistency and stupidity by claiming that Naruto only loved Sakura for superficial reasons. Hinata would come to Naruto in his time of grief and throughout her comforting him, he could come to appreciate her for the support she has provided. 

In that scenario, the bond shared between Naruto and Sakura remains in tact while the horror show known SS never sees the light the of day. It’s morbid, yes, but I believe that a selfless sacrifice for Sakura would have been preferable to the ending we’re seeing today. 

I doubt Hinata would have the courage to approach him even then. They could have had such a moment (minus Sakura being dead) during the time after Hiruzen's funeral following the invasion, but no sign of her whatsoever.

2e5.gif

#112 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:46 AM

It will be much more easier if kishi make naruto doesn't love sakura anymore.
Sakura confession could be the right moment to do that.

#113 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:37 PM

That would be better than what we got but I don't think naruto would move on to Hinata but maybe else maybe Ino since she knew Sakura better than anyone. Hinata wouldn't have done anything since where was she when Naruto was getting over Jiraya's death. At Least let have Sakura have a Heroic death unlike Obtio but more like Thorin or Boromir form the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings or Supergirl form Crisis on Infinite Earths.

#114 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

@vanitas
If sakura dead, naruto will move on to Hinata.

#115 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:45 PM

@vanitas

Why not pick another girl or even a guy or even just stay single?

Seriously any one of those options is a better option than Hinata.

Edited by Nostradamus, 29 December 2015 - 03:48 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#116 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Anime/Manga - Gaming

anti Allurance

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

@vanitas

Why does he have to move on to Hinata of all people she bearly spoke with him. Hell, Ino had more screen time with him than Hinata did in the manga.

#117 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:07 PM

Why does he have to move on to Hinata of all people she bearly spoke with him. Hell, Ino had more screen time with him than Hinata did in the manga.

i can't recall a ino-naruto interaction thou

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#118 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,590 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:36 PM

i can't recall a ino-naruto interaction thou

If kishi were to go with Sakura dead. A Naruto Ino interaction would be bound to happen since she was Sakura best friend, her former protector, her initial role model, and rival. Let's face it if hinata tried having a moment with Naruto after Sakura's death where she tried to comfort him it would come off as incredibly hollow. Also come off as her taking advantage of the fact her main obstacle is gone. That why neji had to die in the manga because that is one of the few people she has any connection with that also have a connection with Naruto(other then kiba).

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 29 December 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#119 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:41 PM

If kishi were to go with Sakura dead. A Naruto Ino interaction would be bound to happen since she was Sakura best friend, her former protector, her initial role model, and rival. Let's face it if hinata tried having a moment with Naruto after Sakura's death where she tried to comfort him it would come off as incredibly hollow. Also come off as her taking advantage of the fact her main obstacle is gone. That why neji had to die in the manga because that is one of the few people she has any connection with that also have a connection with Naruto(other then kiba).

But does Hinata even know that they love each other? Why does the other side keep saying that Sakura's confession was fake when it wasn't. When Naruto said she was lying he has talking about what she said about sasuke. Also i believe Sakura was asking Naruto not telling him and since he didn't say anything(Sp and/or who ever forced him to not say otherwise) she ran with it, that he only loved her because of his rivalry with sasuke. Even though sai and a number of others would of told her that was false.Also she didn't have any reason to question it,since he kept trying to bring sasuke back even though she and the others accepted him as a criminal, and and because she wanted to kill him to free Naruto for the POAL. But he kept trying to bring Sasuke back because he knew that would make her happy. Naruto not telling Sakura the he loved her not because of Sasuke was the downfall of our ship. Sakura is so shallow,can't even notice a guy who is willing to do anything to make her happy.

Edited by DeathGodMack, 29 December 2015 - 06:02 PM.

Posted Image

#120 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:08 PM

But does Hinata even know that they love each other? Why does the other side keep saying that Sakura's confession was fake when it wasn't. When Naruto said she was lying he has talking about what she said about sasuke. Also i believe Sakura was asking Naruto not telling him and since he didn't say anything(Sp and/or who ever forced him to not say otherwise) she ran with it, that he only loved her because of his rivalry with sasuke. Even though sai and a number of others would of told her that was false.Also she didn't have any reason to question it,since he kept trying to bring sasuke back even though she and the others accepted him as a criminal, and and because she wanted to kill him to free Naruto for the POAL. But he kept trying to bring Sasuke back because he knew that would make her happy. Naruto not telling Sakura the he loved her not because of Sasuke was the downfall of our ship. Sakura is so shallow,can't even notice a guy who is willing to do anything to make her happy.

Hinata never cared. That has always been her character. She only cared about herself.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, The Last

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users