Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Spidey Marthon!

Spiderman 1 8/10

Back when I first saw it I would have def give it 10/10, the fact that spiderman was finally in the big screen was enough for me. I reamber how I squeeld in joy when He broke through the webbings in the opening cradits biggrin.gif

Spiderman 2 9/10

The best of the trilogy. I loved how everything turned bad to peter in this film from the small things like never getting the appitisers to big things like Mary jane getting engaged. they handled well the question of power and responsibility, and doctor octpus was prob my fav villian in the trilogy.

Spiderman 3 4/10

Im not obejective on this film. Im a huge venom fan and I always considered him to be a part of the trinty of spidey's greatest villians (the other of course are Green goblin and Doc octupus) and insted of being the crazy psychtic villian he is, we got a cheap xenomorph knockoff, and why the do I need to see Topher grace's face every time he speaks argh!
Besides that the movie just your normal summer action flick. Topher grace would have made a great Venom and even a great spiderman I believe.

My main criticism about the films are the main actors, Toby maguire I a great pre-spiderman peter parker, but he keeps playing the same guy in all of the three films without even showing a sign of growing up.
Kristin dunst insted of being the strong yet vanruable mary jane is your normal damsel in distress girl, who gets kidnepped in every single film.
James franco I must say, is a great harry osborn, and one of the single lights in spiderman 3 is his story.

Edited by Dormin, 08 May 2008 - 01:35 PM.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#102 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ May 8 2008, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spidey Marthon!

Spiderman 1 8/10

Back when I first saw it I would have def give it 10/10, the fact that spiderman was finally in the big screen was enough for me. I reamber how I squeeld in joy when He broke through the webbings in the opening cradits biggrin.gif

I gave this a 7/10 on another review. When I was still in high school.... shesh, my teacher's friend who was on just one of the 11,seriously, ex-writing teams for the film, said the film was disjointed and the writing was all over the place. Knowing this i went into it a little biased against the writing. But doesn't mean I didn't jump for joy over the fact that Spidey was on the big screen!!!!!

Spiderman 2 9/10

The best of the trilogy. I loved how everything turned bad to peter in this film from the small things like never getting the appitisers to big things like Mary jane getting engaged. they handled well the question of power and responsibility, and doctor octpus was prob my fav villian in the trilogy.

My favorite of the trilogy. The best written of the three. Peter definitely does the most growing up of the trilogy during this film. The action is the best here too.

Spiderman 3 4/10

Im not obejective on this film. Im a huge venom fan and I always considered him to be a part of the trinty of spidey's greatest villians (the other of course are Green goblin and Doc octupus) and insted of being the crazy psychtic villian he is, we got a cheap xenomorph knockoff, and why the do I need to see Topher grace's face every time he speaks argh!
Besides that the movie just your normal summer action flick. Topher grace would have made a great Venom and even a great spiderman I believe.
My main criticism about the films are the main actors, Toby maguire I a great pre-spiderman peter parker, but he keeps playing the same guy in all of the three films without even showing a sign of growing up.
Kristin dunst insted of being the strong yet vanruable mary jane is your normal damsel in distress girl, who gets kidnepped in every single film.
James franco I must say, is a great harry osborn, and one of the single lights in spiderman 3 is his story.

I concur whole-heartedly with this last statement. Tobey and Kirsten felt like they didn't want to do the films anymore. disjointed writing and plot. the other two villians feel like add ons, especially Venom. They completely brushed Gwen Stacy, the comic book icon girlfriend until the whole.... doing stuff with Norman out of pity BS, anyway the point I was trying to make was they completely underused her. If they were going to make her a real issue for Pete and Mary's relationship, wait till movie 4 when you can fit that in, in this film, any other girl could've been used for that little, I mean little snag in their relationship. why didn't they just use Betty Brant? Or use Liz Allen, both of whom were already introduced?

A friend of mine made an astute observation though, I'm going to re-watch the last two films again, cause it sounds right, about how the last two films were romantic dramas parading as Super Hero films...

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#103 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

Iron man 8/10

A great movie, Robert was pretty much half the reason I loved this movie so much, the other half is the jaw dropping action sequences, great humor, and a large amount of fan service. (For an half of the movie I chanted "shield!" "shield!" while everyone else thought I was crazy or somthin')

Recomnded to go with someone who understands comics, or you would end up anoying the hell out of the entire audiance.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#104 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean III - 8/10

There was soooo much stuff going on. @.@

#105 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

Im Not There 8/10

I think in order to enjoy this movie you either need to really enjoy Bob Dylan or like crazy art house style movies. It was awesome to see the different facets of Dylans personality portrayed by various amazing actors. Standout performances from all involved. I especially loved Cate Blanchett and Christian Bale. For those that are not really familiar with Dylan and don't like the bizzare you might not really like it.

#106 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

I watched the first 6 Batman movies back to back for the first time in years in anticipation of The Dark Knight, I already reviewed Begins which I gave a 10 so here's the rest.

Batman (1966)-7/10
Feels more like a 90 minute episode than a movie.

Batman (1989)-9/10
The performances by both Keaton and Nicholson are what make this film, it also has great cinematography and a very memorable score.

Batman Returns (1992)-9/10
Danny DeVito and Michelle Pheifer are great as The Penguin and Catwoman not to mention the always good Christopher Walken. If only this movie had more cowbell....

Batman Forever (1995)-7/10
Jim Carrey steals this otherwise lightweight and hokey sequel.

Batman and Robin (1997)-0/10
Simply the worst Superhero movie ever made.

uc.png

#107 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:43 AM

Iron Man - 8/10

Speed Racer - Despite the fact that the colours BURN your eyeballs from the beginning of the movie to the end...I actually enjoyed it more than Iron Man.

>.>

<.<

>.>

8.5 for Speed Racer...when you find yourself yelling at the movie screen, "Go Speed Racer GO!", with the rest of the audience because the movie is...just...that...fun...you that it's hella awesome :thumbs:

GO SPEED RACER GO! wow.png

#108 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

8/10 - What Happens in Vegas

It was so hilarious! I honestly didn't like the beginning of how he actually met her though.

#109 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:16 AM

Speed Racer (2008)-3/10
I actually got a headache watching this nonsensical, loud and stupid mess. The Wachowski Bros. need to get their kitten together cuz they haven't made a decent film since the first Matrix.

uc.png

#110 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (Ed-Kun @ May 11 2008, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speed Racer (2008)-3/10
I actually got a headache watching this nonsensical, loud and stupid mess. The Wachowski Bros. need to get their kitten together cuz they haven't made a decent film since the first Matrix.

You're always so full of hate, Ed XD

I admit that the bright colours were incredibly over the top, and if it wasn't for that I would have given it an 8.75. But if you actually looked past the bright colours...which was incredibly hard to do, I know XD...you would have found a fun, action-filled movie ready and willing to entertain you happy.gif

But every person is his or her own critic, and will pass their own judgement, so I respect your rather...colourful...opinion on the movie, but I know that I still enjoyed it very much happy.gif

#111 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:24 AM

If I really don't like a movie I don't pull any punches. And I did not have any fun watching Speed Racer in fact I was rather repulsed and I want my 7 dollars back. Speaking of movies the Wachowskis did....I actually did a Wachowski marathon today before going to see Speed Racer.

Bound (1996)-8/10
Though mostly remembered for it's girl on girl sex this is actually a rather smart and well acted thriller that runs on about a half hour too lomg.

The Matrix (1999)-9/10
Entertaining and innovative for it's time (though I'm getting sick of seeing bullet time in every freaking action movie since).

The Matrix Reloaded (2003)-4/10
A long, drab, often boring sequel. It has one great fight scene and then falls apart.

The Matrix Revolutions (2003)-2/10
A movie so boring and pointless I actually fell asleep watching it....twice.

V For Vendetta (2006)-9/10
A great performance by Hugo Weaving leads one of the best Comic to movie adaptations of the last 5 years. (The Wachowskis produced this film they didn't direct it so don't quote me on saying the Wachowskis havent made a good movie since the first Matrix cuz directing wise they haven't.)

uc.png

#112 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

Meet the Robinsons - 9/10

I was really impressed with it, and I think the whole plotline and everything goes together extremely well.

The only reason why I didn't give it a ten is because it *is* kind of a kids' movie, so it was fairly predictable.

#113 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure - 5/10

I remember having the tape when I was little but later I gave it away. One of the rare old school animated movies with great animation but bad story plot, focus on the new characters way too much, too many songs (like songs came up at after least 5 minutes per dialogue) and Ann and Andy are suppose to be siblings yet the movie almost made them as a couple with little or no character development.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#114 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:24 AM

Elizabeth: The Golden Age- 10/10

I thought this movie was very well done and even inspiring, I enjoyed it a lot.

#115 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo a.k.a. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, 7.9/10

As the title implies, this film is about a girl, Konno Makoto who has the ability to time travel. The trailer makes it seem like a very magical cross-breed between a Hayao Miyazaki film and the Kazuki Akane Escaflowne movie, but what one gets is a very down to earth, realistic, modern day human story, where time travel is used for dramatic and comedic effect. I honestly don't know what to feel about this film. I give a 7.9 because I felt like the film didn't planet enough seeds early on in the film. It starts off like a comedy, but then becomes very romance based half way through the second act and all the way through the third act. I also didn't feel there was a real growth in the main character until the last 5 minutes.... making her seem static throughout.

The animation is very well done. It's no secret that I liked the animation from the first Digimon movie, ironically here, Mamoru Hosoda, who directed this film, was the director there as well. Unfortunately I don't remember who the animator is but I'm sure it's the same person. The facial features, save for maybe 7 or 8 chibi moments at the beginning of the film, is very realistic, and they really capture the passionate and emotional expressions, without being chibi.

The music.... it's hard to say, it was present but not really. It's strange. The music is mixed so that unless the moments are extremely emotional, it's quiet, almost to the point where one wonders why it's there at all or if it was a choice to enhance something. I can't remember too many scenes in the movie with music, and this might just be the reason why, but if it was a choice, it was effective. There's a scene where Makoto is simply running for a minute, with the voice actress just panting, it really got me emotionally revved up with her.

The voice acting, pretty solid all around, although there are moments of crying on Makoto's part that ... sound fake... not that I don't understand. Crying instantly on the spot, realistically, is hard, especially in a studio.

overall, good film, I'd recommend it to people who enjoyed the romantic side of Escaflowne, and InuYasha.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#116 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:28 PM

Iron Man 8/10
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#117 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

The Replacements-8/10
An underrated football comedy starring Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman that parodies the 1985 NFL strike. This movie is mostly hilarious, the only problem is it runs on a bit too long and while most of the jokes work there are quite a few that fall flat. I recommend this movie for John Madden and Pat Summerall's commentary during games alone.

uc.png

#118 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

Ironman 9/10 - I saw it on sunday with my brother and am just getting around to posting on it now. So the story was altered to fit with modern times, that's okay, it was still very well done. I did stick around for the Advengers spoiler clip at the end, well duh, I'm a nerd, you knew I'd be there. Was pleased to see a red head through out the movie, always a selling point for me.

I found a free movie pass in my room, but I think I need to save it for a date. Dunno yet.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#119 josh32

josh32

same with Ichigo

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video Games, Random sword &amp; gun fights with my brother, FF VII: ACC, Dead Fantasy

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

Casshern - 10/10

I don't even know how to put this movie into words, go watch it now!

#120 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (josh32 @ May 16 2008, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Casshern - 10/10

I don't even know how to put this movie into words, go watch it now!

Yes, it's one of my favorite films. But be warned, this film has been known as a hit or miss.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users