Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 24 2012, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice.

My teacher used to have one on his door that says

"If life gives you lemons, make lemonade and if you are smart you'll make a profit"

fu.png

I don't know why, but i feel like i just been three hours in an economics course.

#103 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

Konohakitten: That would be a sour moment in life. XD

James: I might need to try that someday, hehehe. Oh, and the video is.... I don't know how to describe it... maybe like this: *pukes rainbows*

T XD: Did you take a class like that? If so, how was it?

_________

Stomach pain which is so strong I feel it in my throat... so annoying. wallbash.gif

That aside, these days have been passing me by in the blink of an eye. I hope winter doesn't catch me off-guard.

"After all has been said and done, will I be able to say that I was a good person after all?"

With that thought in mind, I'm off to sleep.

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#104 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

As in college, i didn't take a course of pure economics yet but i have taken microeconomics and macroeconomics so it's close to the economics, and trust me on this one that sometimes you feel like your head is going to explode from all the information, not to mention new techniques and the curves and all these stuff, and when, finally, your course is finished, your head feels like it's a rock, don't ask fu.png
So when i study for the finals, i'm on the edge to be like this: blowup.gif

*Take a deep breath and let it out*

Yea, that the summed up for this XD

Edited by T XD, 27 September 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#105 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

Sorry you are not feeling well.

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Sep 26 2012, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James: I might need to try that someday, hehehe. Oh, and the video is.... I don't know how to describe it... maybe like this: *pukes rainbows*

yeah I get the same feeling when I watch too much Nyan Cat
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#106 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

T XD: Oh, wow... well, I apologize for making you recall all that. Still, it made me laugh a bit. It reminded me of a picture I saw on the web: This guy is staring at the blackboard in his math class and the only thing written is "3 x 2 = 6". A mosquito passed by and he notices it, getting distracted for a short while. When he stares again, the blackboard is filled with a lot of complex formulas.

James: That's alright.

And well, now I'm not sure if to watch that or not. sweat.gif

I only get the "bone-breaker" (cold with a feeling similar to pain in the bones) maybe once every year or so, but when it hits me, it takes me down for good. Headache, fever, nasal congestion.... but what frustrates me the most is not being able to taste some food (and some even tasting like pills). Not being able to think well, I prefer to spend most of my day in bed.

However, I remembered a few things I wanted to write before I get back to that:

-Many people believe in ghosts and spirits. In my case, I also believe in it, and I have noticed that I have one spirit with me. I won't enter into details, but let's say that it doesn't do me any harm. Have you had a similar experience? If so, I would love to hear some of them.

-On the topic of feeling sick, I remembered that one thing many parents do is take care of their children with homemade recipes and things like that. In my case, my parents made tea, and they also had a mix of honey and fish oil for some symptoms of it. Do you know of any other of these homemade recipes?

-Finally, the topic of dreams: A friend of mine was very surprised that I was able to recall my dreams with such precision. Studies say that people forget 95% of their dreams, and the ones that they remember... well, let's say that they only recall part of those dreams. Do you recall your dreams easily, or do you simply forget about them?

Anyway, back to rest.

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#107 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Sep 28 2012, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Many people believe in ghosts and spirits. In my case, I also believe in it, and I have noticed that I have one spirit with me. I won't enter into details, but let's say that it doesn't do me any harm. Have you had a similar experience? If so, I would love to hear some of them.

I do have something similar. I see it as mu guardian angel cause it only really shows up when something is about to happen. Not sure who it is because he/she shows up as jut a black silhouette.

-On the topic of feeling sick, I remembered that one thing many parents do is take care of their children with homemade recipes and things like that. In my case, my parents made tea, and they also had a mix of honey and fish oil for some symptoms of it. Do you know of any other of these homemade recipes?

Personally, I either put mint leaves in my tea or jut drink pre-made mint tea. Or I squeeze a bit of lemon. This is good for sore throats, chest colds, sinus problems, and stomach problems.

-Finally, the topic of dreams: A friend of mine was very surprised that I was able to recall my dreams with such precision. Studies say that people forget 95% of their dreams, and the ones that they remember... well, let's say that they only recall part of those dreams. Do you recall your dreams easily, or do you simply forget about them?

They say you can have 10,000 (yes, ten thousand) dreams a night with you maybe remembering one or two.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#108 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Sep 28 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
T XD: Oh, wow... well, I apologize for making you recall all that. Still, it made me laugh a bit. It reminded me of a picture I saw on the web: This guy is staring at the blackboard in his math class and the only thing written is "3 x 2 = 6". A mosquito passed by and he notices it, getting distracted for a short while. When he stares again, the blackboard is filled with a lot of complex formulas.

I guess it happens to everyone when we get distracted and then looking back at the board laugh.gif

I don't have like your case nor experienced something similar to this in any form but sometimes i see in my dreams like a person who protects me when i feel scared or in danger, though i can't see him/her/it.

I make soup and drink green tea and most importantly, drinking water from time to time.
I don't like feeling sick dry.gif

A lot of times i recall my dreams easily especially the ones that were good dreams or nightmares but of course, i forget some details.

#109 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Topics:

Math:
T XD - Hehehe, it happened so many times during math...

Spirits:
James - You think it could be a familiar, or just an unknown person *curious*?
T XD - You could say that you can only feel said spirit's presence, correct *curious*?

Sickness:
Both: Hmm... so tea is the best choice then. I'll keep that in mind.

Dreams:
James: Could you provide me the link of that article if possible? You could send it to me via PM. I'm interested is seeing how they came up with that data. Oh yeah, and I believe you had a recent dream *puts puppy eyes*
T XD: Do you recall one of recently?

________

OK, so the cold is gone (though my nose gets a bit clogged every now and them). a_dance.gif

That aside, I have immersed myself in Final Fantasy VIII these lasts days. And you know, I would probably recommend every gamer to play a game they haven't played at least 4-5 years ago. Why do I say this? Well, now that I'm playing FFVIII again, I can safely say that I like it even more now. Maybe its probably because I skimmed through the conversations before and now I read each one, or maybe because I have a better grasp of paying attention to details I overlooked before, but it definitely makes me appreciate the game even more.

Right now I have made my stop on disc 3 and currently have the goal of getting all the GF's. Remaining: Jumbo Cactuar (get ready for meltdown + Renzokuken combo), Doomtrain (items, items, items), Bahamut (Epic battle of man vs dragon), and Eden (epic GF taken from the annoying Ultima Weapon). After that it's The Island Closest to Hell and lv100 quest. Hehe, let's do this!

But before that... Bread and Nutella for breakfast. Later!

#110 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

About the spirits, if you mean in dreams than no, I see a physical body but don't recognize who is it or what is it.
If you mean in real life, umm.... no, though I sometimes get carried away and scared when I am alone and feels like there's a spirit or a ghost with me sweatdrop.gif

About remembering dreams recently, I remember that I was running with a friend to somewhere, and I think we were in college and I don't know why I was happy though XD That the best that I can recall of today's 1000 dreams. It seems that it had the most impact on me since I remember how I was feeling biggrin.gif

You sure like a lot of video games to play with biggrin.gif I like video games, but I don't play that much of a video game after the other since I stick to one or two for a while.

Nutella ?! XD I love it so much that I have my own ones which I eat it with a spoon pictureem0.gif

Edited by T XD, 03 October 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#111 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Oct 3 2012, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James - You think it could be a familiar, or just an unknown person *curious*?

It is definitely a person because it is shaped of a person. A familiar is more like an anime, which I have seen as well. I believe my familiar is the white wolf because I see it sometimes leading me down paths out of the corner of my eye. One time I saw this white wolf in the middle of a street, (I am 100% sure it wasn't a dog because it was much bigger and it disappeared almost immediately,) and when I followed it, a bad accident happened in the same spot right where I was standing. Weird huh? I guess that is why I am fascinated by wolves.

I think it is one of two people. It is either a man, or my Aunt Margaret. She died in my mom's house

James: Could you provide me the link of that article if possible? You could send it to me via PM. I'm interested is seeing how they came up with that data. Oh yeah, and I believe you had a recent dream *puts puppy eyes*

I am afraid I exaggerated a little bit. No real definitive source cause they all say something different, but you can have anywhere from 3 to 1000 dreams per night from different scientific sources. There is no real science behind dreams and there is no real way to tell how many as the dream state (REM) is only known when it happens. It all has to do with measuring brainwaves and I have seen it down with patients from what they call "Night Terrors."

http://www.dreammood...ference/faq.htm

This gives a general idea.

OK, so the cold is gone (though my nose gets a bit clogged every now and them). a_dance.gif

That aside, I have immersed myself in Final Fantasy VIII these lasts days. And you know, I would probably recommend every gamer to play a game they haven't played at least 4-5 years ago.

I LOVE Final Fantasy VIII. It is probably the only one I think is better than FF7 imply because the characters are just so much more liked. Irvine was such a good character too. I loved him being that womanizer.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#112 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

Fanatics find their heaven in never-ending storming wind
Anguries of destruction be a lullaby for rebirth
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#113 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

hi there . i saw that something interesting going on here let me join you guys. can i.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#114 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

T XD: Oh, I see. Well, as long as it protects you, then it's probably a good spirit IMO.
(Hey James, now we know we can tease T XD with ghost stories, hahahahaha tongue.gif )

Hehehe, then it was one nice dream.

Nah, not really. I also need to stick to one or two games at a time. If I try to play many games, I end up leaving all of them halfway through. Right now, I just finished Final Fantasy VIII and I'm currently playing an MOBA game called League of Legends. Oh and I'm also watching the world championship of said game... but wow... they had a really bad day yesterday with all the technical issues. I kinda feel sorry for both the announcers and the players in the championship. Oh, sorry... got a bit carried away. Anyway, are you currently playing one right now?

Heheheh, well, I better hide my Nutella if you visit me someday, hahahaha. Nah, just kidding. I'd probably share it. happy.gif

_______

James: Oh, my bad. When I said "familiar", I meant someone who was a family member (kinda forgot that familiar has also that meaning). Still, if you have both a familiar and a family member protecting you, then you're really fortunate to have them.

Ah, OK then. I was scared that I would have to open 1000 word documents after just one night, hahahahaha.

I'm not sure how FF7 is played (and I know many gamers would rage at me for that), but I just haven't really felt interest in playing it. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to put it, but I'm usually biased towards overrated games (yes,, I'm saying FF7 is an overrated game). You could say that it kinda discourages me from playing them. That aside, I have always considered FFVIII one of the best Final Fantasy games ever. The Junction system is strategic and important when preparing for enemies (especially that annoying Malboro); the Gf animation sequences were definitely enjoyable (Tonberry makes me smile), the setting is a more realistic one (pretty much college life... except with battles); you could identify yourself with the characters (the quarrel between Zell and Seifer always manages to make me laugh, and yes... I agree with you one the Irvine Kinneas part); and well, even though it may get really corny sometimes, the progression between Squall and Rinoa is something which inspires me to progress in the game. And of course, let's not forget Laguna (owwww... leg cramp, hahahahaha). And for competition's sake, compare Coud's Omnislash with Squall's Leonheart limit break and see which is the most lethal.

By the way, I assume that last post is probbaly a lyric from a song, correct?

________

narulsaku: Sure, why not? happy.gif

________

Well, these days are getting colder by the minute...

That aside, something really random happened today at 4am: I currently live with my best friend Gaby and his dad. Today (it seems he was drunk), he woke us up at 4:30am to eat dinner. I can't remember what did we ate exactly, since I only remember two things: "I need sleep" and "my stomach feels heavy after that dinner". Still, it makes me think on how people seem to express their "fears" when they're drunk. Maybe his main concern is his son and that's why he worries so much about him eating and the like. Even so, it doesn't stop me from thinking that people can be really random when under the influence of alcohol. headscratch.gif

The other thing -which I'm still thinking about- is that for some reason, I didn't ream of anything today... but, I did heard someone telling me to wake up. Who would want me awake on a Sunday at 12pm? I don't know.

Breakfast time!

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

#115 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    ect....

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

so shadow ff8 that a long way i only played till 1 . i dont get much time to play . as this year there are only exam exam and then exam and it goes on. till the end of my life. and you live with your best friend and his dad . why? please forgive me if i asked something wrong,

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#116 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (narulsaku @ Oct 7 2012, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so shadow ff8 that a long way i only played till 1 . i dont get much time to play . as this year there are only exam exam and then exam and it goes on. till the end of my life. and you live with your best friend and his dad . why? please forgive me if i asked something wrong,

OK, let's see now:

-Yeah, I really like Final Fantasy VIII, and since I played it before, I'm familiarized with what strategies I have to use and what should I junction. Thta's why I was able to beat it so quickly and gather everything with ease. In fact, I'm kinda surprised that I managed to beat Omega Weapon before it could cast Terra Break a second time.

-I guess that pretty much tells me that you're currently in high school, correct? If so, then keep going. It can be tedious at times, but that diploma is essential for anyone's future. By the way, you said "'till the end of your life". Does that means that you have a long university career after school?

-As for my current situation, it is only temporary. I plan to live only with my friend as roommates in a two bedroom apartment and we plan to divide the expenses. His dad is going to move with a friend he knows to a new location and he will leave this apartment to us. It's a long story on how I ended here, but if I had to choose between this place, the place before this one (where a lot of problems happened) and living with my parents, I would definitely choose to stay here. happy.gif

Oh, and no worries, you haven't said or asked anything wrong.

#117 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
    ect....

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

oh man you have defeated omega wepon . what the heck is happening . and yes i ve got a seven year course after my high school and you are right i am in high school.and about the home live in that place where you were happy . or you are now and you will be in future. and in india reading is every thing .esspecially in orisha.haha. so hard working is nesessary.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#118 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Oct 7 2012, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
James: Oh, my bad. When I said "familiar", I meant someone who was a family member (kinda forgot that familiar has also that meaning). Still, if you have both a familiar and a family member protecting you, then you're really fortunate to have them.

Ah, OK then. I was scared that I would have to open 1000 word documents after just one night, hahahahaha.

I'm not sure how FF7 is played (and I know many gamers would rage at me for that), but I just haven't really felt interest in playing it. I'm not sure if this is the correct way to put it, but I'm usually biased towards overrated games (yes,, I'm saying FF7 is an overrated game).

Louis (Shadow Wolf)

Im sorry, but I am going to really have to disagree with you. Just because I like FF8 better doesn't mean I find FF7 overrated. It got the popularity that it did because it was a good game. Some people actually think FF8 is overrated.

Why do you think it is overrated?

There are many reasons Ive heard why people think any game is overrated.
-It's popular. Yeah hundreds of games are popular and made millions. I think Call of Duty is a bores fest, but I know why people liked it. The only COD I liked was WaW because it felt much better to play....except when the hackers came in it ruined the game. So Halo is overrated, Resident Evil is overrated, Gears, Uncharted, God of War, etc.

-It's overhyped. What game isn't now-a-days? I don't think that's the game's fault though, that's the marketing department. If they overhyped a game, then of course it is going to be a disappointment. This is why I never buy into advertising alone. It only goes so far with me.

-It doesn't stand up to today's gaming Uhh, the game was made in what 1997? That was over 15 years ago, of course it wont stand up because it is completely different technology. Does Resident Evil 1 stand up to Resident Evil 4? Yeah they got the remake(s), but that was only a graphical boost, not a game changer. The original could never stand up to today's standards.

I guess the reason why I ask is while we all have an opinion on what games are good and bad, I do feel people hate some things for the wrong reasons though. When I think a game is overrated, I think of a game that really is bad, most gamers don't like it, and yet it still got perfect scores. I don't think we can call a popular game overrated because it seems like you can apply that to any game or any trend that is popular. It may seem overrated today, but back then it was the kittens. (I want to bring back that idiom. XD)

If you don't like FF7 because you it didn't find it appealing that's fine, but I don't like to use the word "overrated" for any game simply because people throw it around too much and it lost it meaning thank to them.

FF7 was a good game. The story was good and it pushed the boundaries that standardized games today. It was one of the very first game to actually kill a main character off I believe. The story was good and the gameplay was excellent. Some problems, but no game is perfect. It was popular and it still is to this day.

But I guess we all have our opinions. For example, I don't know why FF12 is so popular. I personally hate the game. I am sucker for subtle romance stories and FF12 didn't have one. To me, the story was just way too confusing and the characters were...well, they weren't bad, but I couldn't find a character I liked.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#119 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Oct 7 2012, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im sorry, but I am going to really have to disagree with you. Just because I like FF8 better doesn't mean I find FF7 overrated. It got the popularity that it did because it was a good game. Some people actually think FF8 is overrated.

Why do you think it is overrated?

There are many reasons Ive heard why people think any game is overrated.
-It's popular. Yeah hundreds of games are popular and made millions. I think Call of Duty is a bores fest, but I know why people liked it. The only COD I liked was WaW because it felt much better to play....except when the hackers came in it ruined the game. So Halo is overrated, Resident Evil is overrated, Gears, Uncharted, God of War, etc.

-It's overhyped. What game isn't now-a-days? I don't think that's the game's fault though, that's the marketing department. If they overhyped a game, then of course it is going to be a disappointment. This is why I never buy into advertising alone. It only goes so far with me.

-It doesn't stand up to today's gaming Uhh, the game was made in what 1997? That was over 15 years ago, of course it wont stand up because it is completely different technology. Does Resident Evil 1 stand up to Resident Evil 4? Yeah they got the remake(s), but that was only a graphical boost, not a game changer. The original could never stand up to today's standards.

I guess the reason why I ask is while we all have an opinion on what games are good and bad, I do feel people hate some things for the wrong reasons though. When I think a game is overrated, I think of a game that really is bad, most gamers don't like it, and yet it still got perfect scores. I don't think we can call a popular game overrated because it seems like you can apply that to any game or any trend that is popular. It may seem overrated today, but back then it was the kittens. (I want to bring back that idiom. XD)

If you don't like FF7 because you it didn't find it appealing that's fine, but I don't like to use the word "overrated" for any game simply because people throw it around too much and it lost it meaning thank to them.

FF7 was a good game. The story was good and it pushed the boundaries that standardized games today. It was one of the very first game to actually kill a main character off I believe. The story was good and the gameplay was excellent. Some problems, but no game is perfect. It was popular and it still is to this day.

interest in them. (Hence why I have lost interest in games like Halo, God of War, Assasin's Creed, and even Sonic -though I still like the Adventure series- just to name a few).

But I guess we all have our opinions. For example, I don't know why FF12 is so popular. I personally hate the game. I am sucker for subtle romance stories and FF12 didn't have one. To me, the story was just way too confusing and the characters were...well, they weren't bad, but I couldn't find a character I liked.

Well, gamefaqs gave Final Fantasy VIII an 8.0 so I don't think that's overrated. Anyway, let me analyze what you've just said before answering the question:

-I can handle the fanbase of some popular games, but not of all of them; so yeah, I agree with you here. I get discouraged when people begin comparing one game to another and they begin criticizing each other (hence why I don't play either the Call Of Duty nor the Battlefield series). And yes, the games you've mentioned are overrated.

-Overhyped games can be a double edged sword, since if they fail to impress, they will get a huge amount of reviews with the word "disappointing" (take Dead Island and Duke Nukem Forever, for example). I don't think I would care much about this, since I barely watch TV and the only game ads I actually see are the ones shown sometimes when I buy games at Gamestop. So yeah, I'm also with you on this point.

-It's really unfair to compare games from 15 years ago to today's games because there are many improvements in technology. Plus doing a remake of a game has it's risks, so the best thing to do would be to analyze the game while keeping in mind the technology available at that time, combined with the brains behind the production of the game (I'm not an expert on games, so I'm probably missing some details as I say this).

Now then, let me correct my statement: The game is good, I won't deny that. But I'm honestly sick of the fanbase behind Cloud and Sephiroth, which "in my opinion" (and I repeat, in my opinion), are not such great characters (and if you want a simple proof of how annoying these fanboys are, just check the Link vs. Cloud Death Battle). I've definitely seen better heroes than Cloud (to compare with other FF games, to me FFIV's Cecil Harvey has a better development in terms of storyline and personality. Plus he has the legacy for other FF heroes, including Cloud himself, Squall, and even FFXIII's Lightning) and I've definitely seen better villains than Sephiroth (to me Sephi has nothing on FFVI's Kefka). So you could say that what discourages me are overrated characters.

As for killing main characters, Chrono Trigger did that first. tongue.gif

Anyway, I'm not sure if I have backed up my statement correctly, but games with extremely overrated characters can really make me lose

I really don't have anything against FFXII, thought it's probably because I didn't really play it (much like FFIX and FFX, I haven't played those two either). I do dislike Final Fantasy XIII, though.

#120 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Shadow Wolf @ Oct 7 2012, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-I can handle the fanbase of some popular games, but not of all of them; so yeah, I agree with you here. I get discouraged when people begin comparing one game to another and they begin criticizing each other (hence why I don't play either the Call Of Duty nor the Battlefield series). And yes, the games you've mentioned are overrated.

So every popular game is overrated is what you are saying. This includes Final Fantasy 1-9 (at least. The others debatable) because they were all popular, Halo, Gears, God of War, All Super Mario games. All Legend of Zelda games...basically any video game that has a "fanbase."

So, what is not overrated? Psychonauts? This game probably has the biggest fanbase out of any underappreciated game. Killer 7?

Now then, let me correct my statement: The game is good, I won't deny that. But I'm honestly sick of the fanbase behind Cloud and Sephiroth, which "in my opinion" (and I repeat, in my opinion), are not such great characters (and if you want a simple proof of how annoying these fanboys are, just check the Link vs. Cloud Death Battle). I've definitely seen better heroes than Cloud (to compare with other FF games, to me FFIV's Cecil Harvey has a better development in terms of storyline and personality. Plus he has the legacy for other FF heroes, including Cloud himself, Squall, and even FFXIII's Lightning) and I've definitely seen better villains than Sephiroth (to me Sephi has nothing on FFVI's Kefka). So you could say that what discourages me are overrated characters.

I was afraid of this. It really sounds to me that it's not that you think the game itself is overrated, but the fanbase around it. This paragraph alone proves it. The fanbase over praises something, the fanbase pushes their views onto you. That's not the game's fault. The game never said to you "Oh, this is the best villain ever or best hero." I am going to say this is similar to "Overhyped."

That's like saying you hate someone because of the people they hang out with. Not that they are a bad person. Hell, they might be the best person ever.

Of course, this is a double edged sword because well, why is the game popular? Cause it's good. When something is good, it is popular. Are you going to say that Final Fantasy 8 is overrated because it is popular with the fans and which you are apart of it? In fact, in an ironic sort of twist, you are doing the same thing when talking about FFIV Cecil. "He is the better than Cloud, Squall, and Lightning combined and Kefka is the better villain." Sounds familiar, doesn't?

Cecil, Squall, an Cloud are my top three heroes in the Final Fantasy universe.

Like I said. Your opinion is your opinion, but I kind of hate the whole "I hate it because of the fanbase" excuse. In retrospect, I hate the Sony fanboys, but I think the PS3 is awesome. I kind of treat the fanbase like it doesn't exist.

As for the Death battle of Cloud vs Link. I kind of was iffy about that. I am going to look at this at a power bases, not as a popularity contest. In truth, Cloud was severely weakened. Especially if you play FFVII like I played it. Cloud in my game was a beast when maxed out. He even had the ability that if he went down he can revive himself and everyone in his team. Materia is key here. I always figured they had to severely cripple Cloud to make him at an even level with Link, but I guess this is going to be the case with any RPG character they choose.

One thing I did find odd what the whole "Link can withstand >1000 tons of pressure." I never knew the gloves could do that and I wondered why if that is true why he still takes damage when he is hit by a boulder or something or even why he still takes fall damage. You'd think he's just eliminate the force all together.

As for killing main characters, Chrono Trigger did that first. tongue.gif

I reiterate: ONE of the first. I don't remember that very many games where a main character bites the dust at that generation of gaming. There were some here and there, but nothing really a concrete practice. It's only up until recently that developers decided to do this with very few actually doing it well.

Now it seems like every game has at least one main character bite the dust, if not all of them. Loses it's shock and awe when you can predict the red shirt.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I have backed up my statement correctly, but games with extremely overrated characters can really make me lose

I have to ask, do you believe in the whole "Squall is Dead" theory? Cause I don't.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 October 2012 - 07:05 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users