195 replies to this topic

#101 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:39 AM

the humor in this oneshot was not up to snuff compared to the Lee and Sasuke SD either.

Part of it has to do with the recycled jokes.

A character does something ridiculous and others, including the serious character, praises it while the only 'sane characters' wonders what is wrong with everyone. It's been done before SO MANY times in many comedy series (including Lee and Sasuke SD). Now on its own that is NOT a problem because it can be legitimately funny. The problem is Sexy Jutsu isn't funny (even Naruto never found it funny and only used it to mess with and/or bribe his perverted teachers. I'm pretty sure that at 13 (after maturing a little) he was disgusted by anyone who fell for it). Sexy Jutsu on its own isn't outlandish enough to be ridiculous and so much of the humor was lost for me.

And using a surprising mundane and kinda stupid move in an important battle also can be really funny. But lemon juice was random in a 'LOL RANDOMZ' kinda way as opposed to a 'haha that's random' kind of way. Unless there's a joke I'm not getting, it was WAY too out there for the setting/characters to be funny. It was just, to be frank, stupid.

The other part is the characters.

We don't really know anything about ANY of them except Sarada and even she acted different. I understand making her the straight man but she wasn't shown to be violent in gaidan and so yes, that was a terribly cheap tactic to parallel her to Sakura (I would understand if she got angry because Bolt put her mother in there. We could've got a hilarious chase scene from that. But a standard 'stop fooling around'? I would've never guessed Sarada would get THAT upset over that). Bolt is a brat but instead of drawing humor from that he was basically a stand in for Lee (only less sympathetic. Lee was fun because of his genuine enthusiasm and naive nature meant that he would do everything with a gusto and seriously believe that what he was doing was cool. Bolt is a brat but supposedly born into greatness.) And who the hell cares about Mitsuki's and especially Konohamaru's opinion (Konohamaru hasn't been relevant since his introduction).

I mean I don't know if it was just me or what but this was not at all funny to me.

#102 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:57 AM

@laylo
Naruto doesn't stop using sexy jutsu in part 2.
He even compete with konohamaru.
So I don't think he find it disgusting.

#103 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:58 AM

I haven't read it, like I said I'm staying away from anything that has to do with Naruto. But from what I saw this is just meant to hype people for the movie.

And ever since November they're continuing with the lies. They decided to forget the old fanbase and now they're catering to a new one. And of course the new guys will believe these lies because they never followed the original. So they have no idea.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#104 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:19 AM

I hope people are calling BS on this one shot and don't buy it. Especially considering, just like @Laylo said, you can buy Lee's SD and find the exact same things in there. I mean a harem of the girls is just wrong, because they're so much older and have children for pete's sake. It's one thing if everyone are young teenagers, but thirty something year old mothers, is just disrespectful.

I haven't read the whole thing, but it just seems to portray Boruto exactly like Naruto, which is just boring and lazy, since we've seen it before.

Edited by redrose3443, 01 August 2015 - 03:41 AM.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#105 Laylo

Laylo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:37 AM

@laylo
Naruto doesn't stop using sexy jutsu in part 2.
He even compete with konohamaru.
So I don't think he find it disgusting.

Oh no I don't mean he found the technique disgusting. I know he doesn't stop using it and in fact, most of the time that he does use it it's for something he needs (training mainly). But I could've sworn that he was upset with Jiraiya and Ebisu because both of them fell for the jutsu very easily. He didn't talk too highly of perverts either so I'm saying he was disgusted by anyone who was a victim of the jutsu, not the jutsu itself. Admittedly it was hypocritical of him given the fact that he fell for it too in one infamous comedic moment..

#106 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:16 AM

Oh no I don't mean he found the technique disgusting. I know he doesn't stop using it and in fact, most of the time that he does use it it's for something he needs (training mainly). But I could've sworn that he was upset with Jiraiya and Ebisu because both of them fell for the jutsu very easily. He didn't talk too highly of perverts either so I'm saying he was disgusted by anyone who was a victim of the jutsu, not the jutsu itself. Admittedly it was hypocritical of him given the fact that he fell for it too in one infamous comedic moment..

Yeah, naruto is a hypocrite.

Naruto never said his famous catchphrase, "I will never take back my word because that's my ninja way".
The last time he use it when he reassure sakura after his fight with sasuke.

#107 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Oh great....A stupid and no-sense oneshot for encouraging the readers to go see the movie and find out Mitsuki's relatives.

Haha ,but who cares to know who are this unknown guy relatives ? It's pretty obvious ! I can't believe that there are people who are excited about this movie, and finds the plot "interesting" ...

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#108 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:54 AM

How are the SS and NH fans responding to Sarada acting like Sakura hitting bolt the was her mother does with her sensei?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#109 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

fan colored

i don't know what to think of this translation

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#110 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

How are the SS and NH fans responding to Sarada acting like Sakura hitting bolt the was her mother does with her sensei?

They will praise it like no tommorrow, since salad is not a threat for their ship.

#111 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

They will praise it like no tommorrow, since salad is not a threat for their ship.

Same with NH responding to Boruto acting like Dad. X-P It's just how NH and SS feared Sakura and Karin respectively, thus would insult them due to the threat they represented. And besides, NH and SS still see NS and SK fans as threats because we refuse to go quietly into the night.

#112 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

fan colored

What I don't get is, how can she steal something, that's already done?

The original manga concluded, with her being a side character and even Gaiden, she wasn't in it at all, besides when Boruto thought about her. So how can she be the "new heroine", when she's not important to the first story, or even the spin off? The only place she was the center of attention, was in the movie, but her movie was no different from all those other princess movies, so that doesn't make her the new lead.

I hope Japan doesn't support this crap.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#113 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

fan colored

:facepalm:

"stealing the role of heroine"...

Kk0kHUp.gif

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#114 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

Please, Sakura's still more of a fricking heroine than Hinata could ever be. Girl actually got crap done in the Last and Boruto the movie, while the Holy Goddess was stuck getting kidnapped and thirsting over Nardo :roll:
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#115 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

Please, Sakura's still more of a fricking heroine than Hinata could ever be. Girl actually got crap done in the Last and Boruto the movie, while the Holy Goddess was stuck getting kidnapped and thirsting over Nardo :roll:

Sakura while doing nothing still did more than Hinata.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#116 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Sakura while doing nothing still did more than Hinata.

You'd think for somebody to be the heroine, they'd have to have more feats than losing almost every battle they've been in and tripping over a rock during the middle of a war. But screw it. If Kishimoto doesn't give a f**ck, neither should I :roll:
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#117 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:03 PM

What I don't get is, how can she steal something, that's already done?

The original manga concluded, with her being a side character and even Gaiden, she wasn't in it at all, besides when Boruto thought about her. So how can she be the "new heroine", when she's not important to the first story, or even the spin off? The only place she was the center of attention, was in the movie, but her movie was no different from all those other princess movies, so that doesn't make her the new lead.

I hope Japan doesn't support this crap.

Same here, Rose, 'cause that's Grade A BS X-P

#118 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

fan colored

May I asked where was this heroine in her husband's gaiden? Where was this heroine during the Kaguya that she shook the world with her accomplishments  :roll:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#119 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

They got it wrong they mixed up the name of the Gaiden its wasn't Naruto Gaiden  , it was Sasuke and the Uchiha's BS just like the manga :zaru: .

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#120 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

Sakura isn't worth much anymore in this story, but Hinata never was worth a damn. Her greatest contribution to the story was getting the crap kicked out of her by her cousin, who died so she could get laid in order to make up for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users