54188 replies to this topic

#11641 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Don't mean to butt in, but I just wanted to say this:  You don't fall in love with someone because of what they do for you - you fall in love with someone based on who they are as an individual.  Naruto was able to learn more and more about who Sakura was as a person, and that's why Naruto's love for Sakura is more believable than Hinata's for Naruto.  Naruto actually got to know Sakura as a person, so I can believe that he started out with a rather juvenile crush in chapter 3 that grew to genuine and selfless love for who she was in chapter 183 (since part one spanned about a year in Naruto's world, and he interaccted with her a lot in that time).  Hinata barely interaccted with Naruto (just in one arc in part one), so I have trouble believing she knows him well enough to actually love him the way Naruto does Sakura.

If it was like this then Sakura would be in love with Naruto since the PAIN arc, the manga states a combination of both, what they do for you and what they are as individual.

And also to compliment it's not Hinata, before PAin arc the databook stated she had a infatuation not love.

In fact, its filler, its the episode Sakura's resolve in shippuden, Sakura has a flashback saying she fell in love with Sasuke but she could not remember when or why and that looking back she never even got to know him for who he truely was. Even in this flashback it had a lot and I mean a lot of the negative events between them before sasukes defection occured. It included stuff like him going berserk on Zaku in the forest of death, telling Sakura to keep quiet about the curse seal, just even striking the apples she tried to feed him and then he got up to challenge naruto. This statement was a filler, but it still makes sense in the context of the manga.

It was to compliment anyway, she said she could not remember but when she was about to kill Sasuke the canon facts of the manga showed.

She fell in love with him because of the Team 7 and how she was happy.

It was never because who he was and etc...

That's why i believe that she will only let it go when she find or realize another source of happiness and we know that's she's happy with Naruto just the fact Naruto and Sakura hasnt realized that.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 01 December 2013 - 11:29 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#11642 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

Also just everything on Sakuras end to a bigger degree. She thought naruto was a pest but later saw everything he did. If anything, kishi writing events like her coming to completely trust him during the POAL and Sai's reveal only adding more of a revelation to her, theres got to be another event in which something big happens between them. As Naruto fell in love because of who Sakura was, he didnt care about her imperfections he came to love her as he liked her for who she was, Sakura on the other hand learned a lot more about naruto over the entire series.

In fact, its filler, its the episode Sakura's resolve in shippuden, Sakura has a flashback saying she fell in love with Sasuke but she could not remember when or why and that looking back she never even got to know him for who he truely was. Even in this flashback it had a lot and I mean a lot of the negative events between them before sasukes defection occured. It included stuff like him going berserk on Zaku in the forest of death, telling Sakura to keep quiet about the curse seal, just even striking the apples she tried to feed him and then he got up to challenge naruto. This statement was a filler, but it still makes sense in the context of the manga.

Sakura is simply growing up, what she does next involving sasuke, well its not going to be love oriented, she doesnt trust him. This was sakura, the girl who was always said to love him endlessly, well she doesnt trust him and still has the shock of what he tried to do to her. If anything, Sasuke almost killing her was in a way a form of emotional development on her, she saw the guy she loved and even admitted to loving him go as far to kill her without hesitation or remorse. Basically at this point, she can always be happy with Naruto involved but have some negative impact with Sasuke.

Oh yeah, I remember that middle paragraph. At that time, I was saying to myself, "Huh, does anime hates SS or they're just stating the obvious?" If only I remember the episode...

#11643 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

I never understand how part 1 can be disregarded by fans. To say she was nothing more than a complete arse to him is wrong and to say that their relationship was nothing compared to say SS and NH is just plan wrong considering everything that happened in Part 1. I always see a lot of people claiming Sakura was a kitten because she didn't return her feelings or show romantic interest but Part 1 wasn't about that IMO. It was a slow progression and yes, it was progression. From Chapter 3 onward, Naruto and Sakura have continously gotten closer and got to know one another. He encouraged hee, inspired her and went all put for her. Just because a lot of the monents wity Sakura were inner moments don't make them any less meaningful because it built her relationship with him up to now. Look how she views him, and the risks she's willing to take for him. This didn't start at the end of Part 1.

Meh, lol. Sorry for rambling. Haven't really posted here in awhile and just thought I'd get that off of my chest.

#11644 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

What episode was this filler?

Oh yeah, I remember that middle paragraph. At that time, I was saying to myself, "Huh, does anime hates SS or they're just stating the obvious?" If only I remember the episode...

I think you guys are referring to episode 212.

Edited by Nostradamus, 01 December 2013 - 11:51 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#11645 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

6 months later and some people still think 631 is a joke  :lmao:

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#11646 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm really looking forward to the animation of it. The context will be even more obvious. And Minato too, ohboy he's so pretty to look at. :fan:

ナルサク

#11647 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Wait to we have chapter of :narusaku: well them kissing imagine what poeple are goanna say to twist that

#11648 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'm really looking forward to the animation of it. The context will be even more obvious. And Minato too, ohboy he's so pretty to look at. :fan:

When they reach that moment, NS would already been canon.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#11649 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

When they reach that moment, NS would already been canon.

Depends how many fillers.

We are more than 40 chapters behind, right? It's possible, but it depends if they become canon in this war, or right after. I picture either a near death-scene or another bench scene.

ナルサク

#11650 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

Also just everything on Sakuras end to a bigger degree. She thought naruto was a pest but later saw everything he did. If anything, kishi writing events like her coming to completely trust him during the POAL and Sai's reveal only adding more of a revelation to her, theres got to be another event in which something big happens between them. As Naruto fell in love because of who Sakura was, he didnt care about her imperfections he came to love her as he liked her for who she was, Sakura on the other hand learned a lot more about naruto over the entire series.

Sakura is simply growing up, what she does next involving sasuke, well its not going to be love oriented, she doesnt trust him. This was sakura, the girl who was always said to love him endlessly, well she doesnt trust him and still has the shock of what he tried to do to her. If anything, Sasuke almost killing her was in a way a form of emotional development on her, she saw the guy she loved and even admitted to loving him go as far to kill her without hesitation or remorse. Basically at this point, she can always be happy with Naruto involved but have some negative impact with Sasuke.

I agree - it definitely fits just as well with Sakura > Naruto, since both of them have spent significant time interacting with one another, allowing their relationship to deepen as a result over the course of the series to the point we see now.

Kishimoto said himself that Sakura needs to grow up just as Naruto and Shikamaru did.  Since Tsunade and Kakashi are not likely to die at this point (given their numerous and incredibly close calls with death in this Arc and the Pein Arc), I feel it inevitable that her growing up will center around Team 7, and include her reevaluating and moving on from her romantic feelings for Sasuke (since I think she's already grown up in all others areas at this point).

But that disregards what Naruto said back in Chapter 3 about understanding why he started to like her.

At the start of Chapter 3 it does imply that Naruto simply had a typical crush ("A cute girl that I like a lot"), but as the chapter progressed we found out that Naruto actually had a reason beyond the superficial to actually like Sakura. It's just that previously he wasn't sure of what it was, like when you have a feeling in your gut. Only after Sakura talked about wanting to be acknowledged is that it finally clicked inside Naruto's mind ("I finally understand why I like her").

Did Naruto fall even more in love with Sakura as time went on? Definitely. But to say that in the beginning it was just a typical crush is to disregard what Naruto said back in chapter 3.

I wasn't saying that Naruto didn't have a meaningful reason for liking Sakura in chapter 3 - I agree, it wasn't superficial at all.  When I say juvenile, I am referring to the fact that chapter 3 Naruto was perfectly okay with transforming into Sasuke to trick Sakura into thinking less of Sasuke, into telling her personal information she would not have otherwise given him, and to even get a kiss from her (probably her first) that was never intended for him.  He was focusing far more on his own feelings, and not really taking into consideration or respecting Sakura's feelings at all in that instance.  It's in that aspect that I feel Naruto's crush on Sakura was initially juvenile.

I both appreciate and feel that it was necessary for Kishi to do this, since it allowed us to see just how much Naruto's feelings for Sakura and Naruto himself have matured over the course of the part one.  By chapter 183, he is willing to place Sakura's feelings before his own in order to make her happy, despite it breaking his heart to do so.  In this way, we get development from both sides of the relationship (Sakura develops a strong foundation of friendship from her end, and Naruto's crush develops into genuine romantic love, both based on them getting to know one another better).

If it was like this then Sakura would be in love with Naruto since the PAIN arc, the manga states a combination of both, what they do for you and what they are as individual.

Personally, I think that Sakura has been in love with Naruto since chapter 296 where she dashes at Naruto in his 4 tailed state and that she just hasn't realized the nature of her feelings for him yet.  Even if she wasn't and still isn't in love with Naruto, this still fits because she is still coming to learn more about him - her realizations regarding Naruto haven't stopped after the Pein arc.  Heck the events right before and during the summit are chock full of her coming to learn more about Naruto's feelings, both in regards to her and to Sasuke.  Then in war we see her being able to see Naruto's memories, and feel his heart.

I agree it could be a combination of both, but I personally don't feel that what a person does for has anything to do with falling in love with them (for example, I think Sasuke should have been in love with Sakura by the end of part one if this was the case, given she said she'd do anything and had risked her life to save his numerous times and stayed by his side despite him being an ass to her).    I respect that you feel differently however, and that your interpretation is possible as well.

I never understand how part 1 can be disregarded by fans. To say she was nothing more than a complete arse to him is wrong and to say that their relationship was nothing compared to say SS and NH is just plan wrong considering everything that happened in Part 1. I always see a lot of people claiming Sakura was a b*tch because she didn't return her feelings or show romantic interest but Part 1 wasn't about that IMO. It was a slow progression and yes, it was progression. From Chapter 3 onward, Naruto and Sakura have continously gotten closer and got to know one another. He encouraged hee, inspired her and went all put for her. Just because a lot of the monents wity Sakura were inner moments don't make them any less meaningful because it built her relationship with him up to now. Look how she views him, and the risks she's willing to take for him. This didn't start at the end of Part 1.

Meh, lol. Sorry for rambling. Haven't really posted here in awhile and just thought I'd get that off of my chest.

Well said - I couldn't agree more.  People seem to forget that Sakura had zero clue of what Naruto had gone through or who he really was before joining a team with him.  Heck, she thought he enjoyed seeing her struggle (she probably felt his romantic advances were simply him making her the butt of his jokes and preventing her from getting any closer to Sasuke).  And despite the fact that I adore Naruto, he WAS annoying, especially in early part one.  He was deliberately acting out to get attention, even if it was negative attention - Naruto flat out says this in his talk with Four Tails, so how can people blame Sakura for being short with him at times?  When he did something impressive, she never hesitated to let him know.  When he was in danger and when he seemed upset, she showed concern and tried to help him.  When he helped her out, she acknowledged it and thanked him.

Naruto wouldn't have thought of her as one of the people who saved him from the hell of loneliness if she was the heartless b*tch people so often make her out to be.

I fully agree that there it was a gradual progression in their relationship that carried over into part two, where it continued progressing from both sides.

Edited by Paptala, 02 December 2013 - 02:34 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#11651 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

Wait...has it seriously been that long????

I'm going to take a guess that another NS moment has happened judging by some of the comments here...

Edited by Dalton (I stink at names), 02 December 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#11652 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

Wait...has it seriously been that long????

I'm going to take a guess that another NS moment has happened judging by some of the comments here...

not really.. we only had sakura thinking more of naruto in recent chapters, thats all  :P

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#11653 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Personally, I think that Sakura has been in love with Naruto since chapter 296 where she dashes at Naruto in his 4 tailed state and that she just hasn't realized the nature of her feelings for him yet.  Even if she wasn't and still isn't in love with Naruto, this still fits because she is still coming to learn more about him - her realizations regarding Naruto haven't stopped after the Pein arc.  Heck the events right before and during the summit are chock full of her coming to learn more about Naruto's feelings, both in regards to her and to Sasuke.  Then in war we see her being able to see Naruto's memories, and feel his heart.

I was going to say it too, i mean databook 3 states it, but it's kinda different because on the summit she did thought about her feelings for Naruto but unfortunately she wasnt in love with him despite realizing she should be with Naruto(because of the things he did to her) and because Sasuke is trash.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 02 December 2013 - 02:11 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#11654 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but NarutoForums is having some sort of "Miss Naruto 2013" event, and the current vote is between Sakura and Shizune. If anyone is interested in voting, here is the link:

http://www.narutofor...ad.php?t=954873

I think you need to register for an account before you can vote.

#11655 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

It's surprising how close the poll is. Granted her contender is nowhere near as prominent in the manga as she is (with a smaller amount of characterisation), but considering the stigma that Sakura's name has in the West, it comes as a pleasant shock to see her doing so well. From reading some of the comments one of the focal points of appraisal seems to be physical appearance. Is the poll supposed to be like a beauty contest? Either way, my vote would go towards Sakura. 

#11656 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

It's surprising how close the poll is. Granted her contender is nowhere near as prominent in the manga as she is (with a smaller amount of characterisation), but considering the stigma that Sakura's name has in the West, it comes as a pleasant shock to see her doing so well. From reading some of the comments one of the focal points of appraisal seems to be physical appearance. Is the poll supposed to be like a beauty contest? Either way, my vote would go towards Sakura. 

I'm not really sure if voting is based on the physical appearance of the characters, or if it's simply about which is more popular. Personally, I'd vote for my favorite of the two, which is Sakura.

#11657 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet or not, but NarutoForums is having some sort of "Miss Naruto 2013" event, and the current vote is between Sakura and Shizune. If anyone is interested in voting, here is the link:

http://www.narutofor...ad.php?t=954873

I think you need to register for an account before you can vote.

voted, but no point really we all know hinata's going to win at the end of this competition. and it's a pity shizune dont get much screentime, even with dan. i really liked her in the the early arc with kabuto..

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#11658 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:28 PM

With all due respect to Shizune, who I like, but in a way, this poll can tell you the hatred on Sakura.

#11659 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

With all due respect to Shizune, who I like, but in a way, this poll can tell you the hatred on Sakura.

Well, there are users in the comments that have admitted to voting for Shizune out of spite for Sakura. I dislike it when people let their hatred for her drive their actions because it takes the fun out of these events. :ermm: 

#11660 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

actually both of them are really cute. i just love green eyes better.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users