#1141 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:38 PM

Bulma is four years older than Goku, which really isn't that big of a deal, but none of those pairings (Goku/Bulma, Goku/Chi-Chi or Vegeta/Bulma) can be used as a parallel.

I never understood the whole DBZ comparison. It's ridiculous to say that since so and so got together on one show, that means that so and so with get together on this show.

Cripes, I still remember the whole 'DBZ color schemes' evidence. Since the hero was wearing orange (because ZOMG Naruto wears orange too!), he'd get together with a dark haired girl (ZOMG doesn't Hinata have dark hair????). *dies*

Look, NaruHinas ... let go. If Kishimoto really was going to have Hinata become Naruto's love interest, she already would be. He would NOT have wasted 247 chapters of Naruto pining over Sakura and then to have her start to RETURN these feelings, just to have Hinata come in NOW and steal Naruto's heart. It doesn't fit in with all that Kishimoto has done in the manga so far.

So far, the NaruSaku implications have been pretty obvious. The question is whether Kishimoto will follow up on his hints and foreshadowing, and I think he certainly will. He is a mangaka who very much values foreshadowing, and if he started foreshadowing NaruSaku as early as chapter three, he's not going ot switch half way.

Ah, they say, but Kishimoto is wonderful at the art of the unexpected plot twist! Perhaps Naruto WILL come to love Hinata!

Yes, he is, isn't he?. But not when it comes to relationships. His plot twists involve unexpected villians (Seriously, in the beginning of the manga, who thought that Sasuke would become the main villian?) and heroes, but never with unexpected emotions. Naruto isn't going to suddenly decide he's in love with Hinata after 247 chapters of indifference, just as Sasuke won't turn around and proclaim his love for Sakura after all his withdrawl and irritation.

That is all.
Posted Image

#1142 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:05 PM

tehe, I wonder what they're saying about this "new" development in the manga. kukukuku...
I'd go there, but I'd probably bust out a blow torch and start falming people... >.>

#1143 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:11 PM

Ku ku ku ... I'm going to go look at the NaruHina forum. Ku ku ku ....
Posted Image

#1144 HinataFanBoy

HinataFanBoy

THE HinataFanBoy

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:18 PM

bah who cares if kishi doesnt actually make naruhina a reality? theres always fanfiction, like dave-d's

spoiler for anime ppl
Click For Spoiler

I worked on the railroad
For t'pence a day
Drank down one penny
The other I'd save
I hammered and I hammered
For God knows how long
Well into madness, with each setting sun
I put my head down and I dreamt you were here
With me by the ol' tree, where no one could care

Far Away Boys, Far Away Boys
Away from ya now
I'm lyin' with my sweetheart
In her arms I'll be found

Then the sun belched upon me
You were no longer here
Lyin' in your place was my hammer and my gear
We came to a mountain
Dynamite and she'll blow
A big hole in that rock
Like the one in my soul

With the heat I was melting
Into your sweet lips
Ah, your kiss takes me back
Takes me back from all this

Far Away Boys, Far Away Boys
Away from ya now
I'm lyin' with my sweetheart
In her arms I'll be found

#1145 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:26 PM

Well HFB, if everyone was like you, we wouldnt have all those 540540 page debates.
There are 405!!! ( NaruSaku ) stories in the C2.
And 297 subscribers currently!!

The BIG archive of NaruSaku stories
Tell me if im missing any fics

#1146 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (alphabet @ Feb 12 2005, 09:11 AM)
Ku ku ku ... I'm going to go look at the NaruHina forum.  Ku ku ku ....

OOO, Alpha! Tell me whatcha see!! XD

#1147 Yuriko

Yuriko

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (Soritia @ Feb 12 2005, 02:09 PM)
OOO, Alpha! Tell me whatcha see!! XD

I went there also this morning and all I see is discussion of fanfics, nothing more and nothing less.
Boy, they sure are on denial tongue.gif

#1148 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:17 PM

HFB... if only everyone was like you! happy.gif As I have said so many times, I really don't mind the NHs and SSs enjoying their pairings - I just wish they would admit what is happening in the manga! It just irks me when they disregard NaruSaku no matter how obvious Kishi makes it.

I like your Gaara sig. happy.gif I'm really looking forward to seeing him in action.

247 chapters of buildup, and now Naruto and Sakura are beginning to date. wink.gif I will admit that I am in slight disbelief, but that is only because I was expecting Kishi to really string out the love relationship triangles (a la Takahashi). I really, honestly did not expect Sakura to confess her feelings in 245 (even if it was in a rather unorthodox way XD), and for a date to quickly follow in 247 (in an unorthodox way again, lol).

We are inching ever closer to canon. It's so tempting to call it practically canon, but we know couples are never canon until sealed with a kiss.

That said it is impossible to see how NaruHina and SasuSaku can come back if Naruto and Sakura have the hots for each other. As Alpha said, Kishimoto wouldn't waste 240+ chapters of buildup. The original NaruSakuSasu triangle already fooled enough people, anyway.

#1149 blessed_devil

blessed_devil

...Advanced Member?

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Making fanfics, reading fanfics, watching TV especially Naruto, eating, sleeping, playing...

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:29 PM

Yes, it is true that Kishi is the master of unexpected plot twists, but he doesn't just twist the plot. He twists the plot in a realistic way. And besides, Naruto and Sakura kissing is an unexpected plot twist if you look at the fans of NaruHina and SasuSaku.

I think that sometimes I may have already called NaruSaku canon. Yes, I know the temptation of saying, "OMG NARUSAKU IS CANON NOW! XD"

The other fans are certainly taking their time in denial. Such a long time that I wouldn't be surprised if they denied NaruSaku when it becomes canon. Geez, I wonder what they would say when they accept that NaruSaku is canon.
Nothing is more reassuring than Kakashi saying "They'll be alright. Pakkun is with them."

#1150 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:44 PM

What they would say if they ever accepted NaruSaku as canon? That's easy:

"I knew it all along!"

tongue.gif

Yeah, Kishi twists the plot in a realistic way. happy.gif He always foreshadows future events and sets the foundations for any developments. For instance, you can trace Sasuke's betrayal right back to his first meeting with Kakashi before they do the bell test. Even before that, you see how he is a loner and pushes others away.

And there is Sakura's feelings for Naruto, which have been growing ever since the Zabuza arc.

#1151 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:52 PM

Actually, if you looked at the pairing thread, there are some people that said that NaruSaku was SO obvious since the start... and they arent NaruSaku fans... lol

#1152 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:54 PM

XD

I haven't looked in there for such a long time! I was just getting annoyed about how they seemed to blank out Sakura's feelings in 245 so I never went in there again.

Well, at least some people are accepting it can happen. happy.gif

#1153 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:02 PM

Yeah, there are still some people that say the feeling Sakura is having at Naruto is only friendship or something like around... by the looks of Sakura, i dont think it's simply friendship...

#1154 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:43 PM

Heh it's funny also how the NaruHina's go "Oh Hinata is obviously in love with Naruto because she blushes around him." yet when we bring up Sakura blushing around Naruto they claim it means absolutely nothing.

#1155 Faucon

Faucon

Keeper of the C2

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:02 AM

They will do ANYTHING to show that there pairing will work, ignore, denial, flame, change, create, you name anything, and they already did to try and counter everything we say.

Yea, the blushing part by Sakura in 245, they said it was a friendly blush because they dinit see each other for 2 1/2 years... stupid eh? lol

#1156 Yuriko

Yuriko

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 02:08 AM

Maybe
Here's a longer list:

1. denial
2. create random manga scenes
3. bring up fanfic scenes to justify their pairing
4. flame narusaku to death
5. post up fanarts and say that they were taken from the anime
6. make up false quotes
7. have spies to make us look bad (none that ever will anyway XD)
8. make up random essays about why their desired paring should be the one that happens
9. have a extreme overlooking of any scene that could have their characters atleast 20 feet or range
10, say that they should end up bcz they're cute together

ahh, so many possibilities that's even scary
thank God we're not like that

#1157 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 03:04 AM

XD They need a 12-step program!!!

#1158 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:48 AM

Aye, it is silly to see how a blush by one person is oh so totally different to a blush by another person. tongue.gif

Here at the NaruSaku FC, we are indeed different. We do see that Hinata has/had (don't know what she will be like in terms of feelings in Pt2) a crush on Naruto since she blushes around him. Of course, she does blush a little around the other guys, but she is attached to Naruto because of his self-belief. We also know Sakura had a crush on Sasuke, because he was the #1 rookie.

The difference here is that we do not deny what is in black and white in the manga! We also use ONLY the manga and real-life models (in terms of feelings and relationships) to argue our case! No fanfics. No colour schemes. No false quotes.

Sakura's blushes for Naruto were definitely different to the ones she showed for Sasuke - they are not done in a 12-year-old schoolgirl crush way. She's shyer and more affectionate than the "OMG, Sasuke-kun is SO COOL!" she used to be. tongue.gif The affection she showed in 245 feels more real than the heart-eyed crush she showed for Sasuke in the early manga.

Kishimoto is definitely trying to show the feelings of his characters in a "real" way. Crushes come and go. Feelings change. Sakura has been shown realising that Naruto is a really good guy (even if he is a bit dense outside of battle), and the two of them were given SOLID reasons for their feelings - unlike Sakura's crush on Sasuke, which was never given any real reason, nor any encouragement.

I find it amusing how they can dismiss loving affection as a "friend" thing, when I'm sure they very well know their own friends would NEVER behave that way towards them. tongue.gif They seem equally as clueless as Naruto, if not more so!

Crushes come in a flash, but real love takes time to grow.

#1159 sharingank

sharingank

Inner Kyuubi

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Interests:Uh...stuff. I like Naruto. Wow. What a surprise. Gaara, Kakashi, Neji, and Kankuro are the boys.

Posted 13 February 2005 - 09:49 PM

YES SMITER!!! YES!! THAT IS IT!!!!

"Crushes come in a flash, but real love takes time to grow." <--Genius. *waves around flashing genius flag*

Let's be realistic, mmkay? How often does a 'relationship' such as S/S and N/H work out in real life? *taps chin* I could be delusional and say "LURVE ALWAYS WINS IN THE END!!! IF THEY LURVE EACH OFFER, THEN IT'LL BE FINE!! WHO CARES IF THEY HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO EACH OTHER!! WHO CARES IF THE ONLY TIME THEY INTERACT IS IN THE SACK!! THAT'S OKAY!!! THEY'RE IN LOOOOVE!!!"

Ahem.

No. Just no.

We're talking fizzle-central here. I can SMELL adultry...

But I digress.

I hope (hope) that I am not seeing things that do not exist. When I read the manga, I take it for what it is. If I had clear cut evidence in front of me that would suggest that S/S and N/H were plausible, then fine. I'd accept it. I would not LIKE to accept it, but I would just the same. No use crying over spilled milk. I'll nurse my broken heart in peace, thank you. However, this is not the case. As of now, Kishi has been very realistic in dealing with character relationships (and not necessarily on a romantic level, here).

Take the dynamics of Team 7, for example. It has been two, nearly three years since they have seen each other. Sasuke is gone, and that is obviously affecting both of them very deeply, as it should. He was their comrade and friend. Talking about him is like taking salt and smearing it in an open wound. He betrayed them. Betrayal is not a pleasant thing, yes? I'm sure Sakura still has feelings for Sasuke, but they may not be as cut and dry as so many people wish to think. There are so many layers to be peeled away here, and only time (and Sasuke's return) will give us a glimpse into to what she's become. I find it ill logic to claim that Sakura turn traitor as well just to be close to Sasuke. It is not that simple, my dear, misguided friends. And what of Naruto, you may ask? Naruto is Naruto. He will not betray his village. Never. He will do what he can to bring Sasuke back, but if it means betraying his village, that's a no-no. Will this cause him mental turmoil when Sasuke does not come willingly? You bet your ass it will.

Hmm...I know I had a point in here somewhere.

Since I am already a broken record, I may as well say this again. Sasuke is not going to have some miraculous turnaround and realize that he is in love with Sakura, which of course will cause him to turn his back on his revenge and return happily to the village. If this does happen, my respect for Kishi-san will go down the drain very quickly. So far, he has kept it real. I sincerely hope that he intends to continue on in that vein.

My brain hurts.

#1160 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:18 PM

lol, Ash. XD

Thanks. wink.gif

Well, I have just gone in the Pairings Thread in NarutoForum, and there is definitely an increase in people seeing NaruSaku as very plausible. There was a discussion about the date in 247!

If we're deluded, then our delusion is very contagious. tongue.gif

Kishimoto's approach to the characters and their relationships so far has been excellent. He is actually slowly making many readers realise that there is something deep and profound between Naruto and Sakura - only the really stubborn SasuSakus and NaruHinas are refusing to see it. I would not be surprised if the Naruto community's collective opinion of NaruSaku becomes better and better as Part 2 continues.

I do think Sakura cares about Sasuke, but only as family these days - however, I do agree that we need more chapters and developments to truly understand how Sakura sees Sasuke now! But it is definite that she is feeling something for Naruto and she knows it. She's realised that since Chapter 183, had two days while Naruto was gone (a manga cover hinted she was thinking about him a lot), then three months after he returned... then two and a half years. Bam. 245 hits us with Sakura opening up and showing her feelings for Naruto!

Damn. I blabbered on again.

Anyway, I'm just saying that Kishi is very likely to keep going in this vein. smile.gif He's done that for over five years - if he had felt like going to formula, he could have done so at any time in the past. But he didn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users