19441 replies to this topic

#11461 NS4Life

NS4Life

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

I think that may have been the point, if what myself and many others have said is true with thinking that the ending was changed at some point this year then it makes sense that it would get changed to SS it is the most popular hetero pairing in both Japan and in the west so at least some parts of the new ending were changed to reflect positively on SS that being 699.

NH seems like an afterthought because I think it was an afterthought if Naruto wasn't going to get Sakura then that really only leaves Hinata so in the interest of not having Naruto being alone it got pasted into the epilogue and any development they needed was pushed to the movie as a way to explain it.

I don't know if I believe that SS is the most popular.

From some of the info on this site; it sounds SS was thought of at the last second. Sounds like NH came first and then SS at the very last.

#11462 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:04 PM

http://rinareblogs.t...s-from-japanese

- Kishimoto played a roll as a character designer and a editorial supervisor in the movie. 

- The theme of love romance was proposed by the movie staff.

- Kishi wanted to try to draw romance in the original manga but he’s shy and not good at drawing it.

Edited by Slextrem, 12 November 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#11463 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:06 PM

http://rinareblogs.t...s-from-japanese

Sold out confirmed!

#11464 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:08 PM

Sold out confirmed!

Basically.

SP: "We'd like to propose that the final movie be a romantic love story."

Kishimoto: "I'm not very good at writing romance, so I left it out of the manga. I will leave this in your capable hands."

SP: *evil laughter in the background*

#11465 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:11 PM

I don't know if I believe that SS is the most popular.

From some of the info on this site; it sounds SS was thought of at the last second. Sounds like NH came first and then SS at the very last.

I'll admit my data is a few years old and I haven't seen any up to date rankings but I remember a few years ago SS being the most popular hetero pairing. I don't think I could believe SS being the last minute one when so much of the final arc dealt with Sakura's feelings for Sasuke and Sasuke's feelings for Team 7 and they actually got a) another confession from Sakura and b) interactions in 699 that are romantic in nature.

NH is just kind of glossed over and then suddenly they're together in 700. Info we've got about The Last says it fills in the gap between 699 and 700 but would not be necessary to understand the ending. That to me says that SS was the pairing Kishi wanted to focus on at the very end.

So it seems like Kishi actually doesn't have all that much to do with The Last outside of character designs?

It seems as though romance to him wasn't such an important thing to his story that he was willing to let others decide it for him?

#11466 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:16 PM

I've come to dread anything that you post, Slextrem.

This movie doesn't interest a number of us anymore. Part of me, the selfish and defiant side, is asking why this topic still exists. It represents everything that's false and unjust with NS. 

Edited by Atheck, 12 November 2014 - 10:22 PM.

#11467 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

Where was that scan from?

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#11468 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

Basically.

SP: "We'd like to propose that the final movie be a romantic love story."

Kishimoto: "I'm not very good at writing romance, so I left it out of the manga. I will leave this in your capable hands."

SP: *evil laughter in the background*

Well ... this pretty much confirmed that SS and NH had no developement and happened out of nowhere. 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#11469 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:24 PM

http://slextrem.tumb...barbiiharuno-is

Naruto's VA supported NaruSaku and even drew fan art of herself interacting with their child, who she named Melondy. My heart hurts when I think about how she had do all of Naruto's voice acting for The Last while mourning the death of her OTP. At least we are able to spare ourselves from having to sit through it. She had no choice. :sad:

Where was that scan from?

It's from a Japanese news article about the movie.

I'm the bearer of bad news. :sweatdrop:

Edited by Slextrem, 12 November 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#11470 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:37 PM

SP may have played a big role here, but it's always Kishimoto himself the one who has decided to make NH and SS canon.

@slextrem

the source of this stuff from takeuchi? It seems weird to me since melondy, narusaku, sasusaku are all written in romanji, not in kana. I smell NH/SS trolling.

Edited by 六道仙人, 12 November 2014 - 10:39 PM.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#11471 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

Then why did he made this cpr Moment?

Why did he compare Kushina and Sakura?

Why made Naruto tell his dad that Sakura is his GF in front of his dad?

It.Makes.No.Sense.NO.SENSE!!!

To make NS the red herring. Hurts to admit it, but that's the only thing that makes sense.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#11472 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

This movie doesn't interest a number of us anymore. Part of me, the selfish and defiant side, is asking why this topic still exists. It represents everything that's false and unjust with NS. 

I agree with you, this movie will destroy NS and everything it represented.

#11473 Lilac

Lilac

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

Narusaku is not destroyed. The point of shipping is to have fun and find enjoyment. If you can only do those things with a canon ship, then you might be in this for the wrong reasons. Yes, in canon Naruto loves Hinata and Sakura loves Sasuke (Well, she never stopped, so that's not a surprise...) but that doesn't mean Naruto can't love Sakura and marry Sakura and have a family with Sakura in fanon. There's lots of talented artists and writers in the Narusaku fandom, and writing/drawing is a much, much better way to spend your time than harassing/spreading hate.

And if the only reason you loved Naruto was because of the expectation of Narusaku, then perhaps it is better to just move on. I know it's easy to put blame on someone, and direct hate towards someone you feel wronged you, but remember Kishimoto is a human being. A man with a wife and kids, who spent fifteen years working very hard on a story he loved. His vision might not be your vision, but that doesn't mean he should be killed/harassed over a fictional pairing. Would LadyGT deserve this treatment if her future manga ended in a way her fans didn't like? No?

Perhaps that will put that in perspective for you.

Edited by Lilac, 12 November 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#11474 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:08 PM

tumblr_nevwmzCK4b1rb8dpoo5_400.jpg

Sakura keychain? :o

finally something!

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#11475 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:11 PM

I'm not a fan of Naruto because of the romance. It has always been a bonus for me, NS came much later on. I do accept that this is the ending, but that doesn't mean I can't dislike his choses regarding the pairings. I was never against the idea of NH so it really did bother me, it was only SS that did that.

Edited by yellowflash, 12 November 2014 - 11:42 PM.

#11476 DJSparty

DJSparty

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:25 PM

Here's what I can't get past.

Let's assume that as NS shippers we totally misinterpreted a number of Sakura's moments as regards Naruto.  

+ The fact that Naruto instinctively knew what Sakura wanted to hear about her forehead meant nothing.

+ Although Naruto was nearly killed by Gaara while fighting to save Sakura's life, Gaara found it a life-changing experience but Sakura was left unmoved and unimpressed.

+ Yamato didn't mean that Sakura felt true love for Naruto.

+ Despite her vow to not make anymore mistakes or keep getting things wrong, Sakura's confession to Naruto was nothing more than a manipulative half-truth to coax him out of danger.

+ Sakura wasn't talking about Naruto when she told the Lover-nin that she already had someone.

+ Instead of showing any concern or indication that Naruto was misleading himself thinking she was his girlfriend, Sakura hits him in the head in a comedic way -- even though she knows from Sai and her own observation during the confession that Naruto loved her.

+ The fact that Naruto acknowledged her strength and desire to fight as Team 7 while Sasuke offered nothing, Naruto's support of her achievement didn't really matter to her.

+ Despite Sakura's passionate identification with Naruto and his dream, she did not see herself as part of what he loved or what made him strong.

+ Despite indicating to Sai that she didn't trust Sasuke's motives when he returned, and admitting that her feelings for Sasuke were pathetic, Sakura did not hesitate to abandon Naruto's feelings for her when Sasuke made a sudden reversal at the end.

Okay.  So we were wrong about all of that.  Got it.  Likewise:

+ Although we never knew it, Sasuke was in love with or interested in Sakura all along.

+ When he originally left Konoha, saying she was annoying and then saying "thank you" really meant he loved her.

+ The times Sasuke tried to kill Sakura or was not interested in saving her because he deemed her inconsequential, it really meant that he loved her so much that he preferred she died so he could be hated.

+ When Sasuke was trying to kill Naruto as his "only friend," he wasn't mentioning Sakura because she meant so much more to him than a friend because he was in love with her.

+ At the end, Sasuke instinctively knew to focus his attention on Sakura's forehead after all, and reveal that he always loved her.  

So our interpretations of SS were completely wrong the whole time.  Okay.  I suppose it is technically arguable that all of those moments were misread by NS fans, and actually supported SS and we simply didn't see it because of our shipping blinders.

Okay.

But I submit that NS fans were persuaded by the main theme of the story to view NS as likely to succeed.  It wasn't so much that we ignored the possibility of SS, but why on Earth would we expect that at the end of the story Naruto's feelings and nindo would actually not mean anything?  That in the end, the hero's reward for his hard work, determination, and selfless love for his friend and girl would be rejection and heartbreak?

Naruto was in love with Sakura for the entire manga.  Hinata may have loved him, but he never returned her feelings.  He never even thought of her in a potentially romantic light once.  We as NS fans weren't blind to Naruto's feelings for Hinata; such feelings were never there.  

As I said on the other thread, the existence of this upcoming movie is a cheap, insulting retcon to explain how he falls in love with Hinata.  If it's necessary to show him falling in love with Hinata in a movie, it means he was never interested in her in the manga.  It means his love for Sakura existed until the last chapter, and was not only rejected in a disgusting manner but was never even addressed again.

I don't accept that NS fans were idiots with poor reading comprehension skills.  In a story bearing the hero's name as its title, and the hero therein is consistently characterized by his difficult past, his need to be loved and accepted, his determination, dedication to righteousness, his devotion to saving Sasuke, and his love for Sakura, it wasn't crazy to think Naruto would be the one to succeed in love.

Instead, Naruto is the only one who lost and ends up settling.  It makes me sick.

^^

We also totally misinterpreted:

• The literally panels of Minato/Naruto saving Kushina/Sakura in the EXACT SAME WAY!
  • Naruto disregarding his mother's last words about finding a girl like her and Minato acknowledging that parallel (I guess no one honors their dying mother's last words).
  • The momentous foreshadowing device and contextual implications of Sakura beating Naruto's heart for him (giving new meaning to the phrase "You make my heart/My heart beats for you.")

If I could give you a second like, I would.

#11477 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

http://slextrem.tumb...barbiiharuno-is

Naruto's VA supported NaruSaku and even drew fan art of herself interacting with their child, who she named Melondy. My heart hurts when I think about how she had do all of Naruto's voice acting for The Last while mourning the death of her OTP. At least we are able to spare ourselves from having to sit through it. She had no choice. :sad:

This looks really fake.  Do you have the actual website/source where Junko said/did this?

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#11478 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:39 PM

tumblr_nevwmzCK4b1rb8dpoo5_400.jpg

Sakura keychain? :o

tumblr_nevwmzCK4b1rb8dpoo1_1280.jpg

What's this?

Looks like Hinata is the new member of team 7 LOL

img07.jpg

She needs to get the kitten out...
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#11479 Ether

Ether

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:41 PM

What's this?

Looks like Hinata is the new member of team 7 LOL

Sai & Yamato who?

#11480 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:45 PM

Sold out confirmed!

I wouldn't doubt it ppl need an explanation after that horrible ending.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users