19441 replies to this topic

#11321 nswillhappen

nswillhappen

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:26 AM

A nightmare for US but a dream come true for others(you know who I'm talking about)

kitten that. I'm already gagging every time I see those manga panels of 699 and 700. Now I'll have to deal with movie screenshots and gifs as well? Hell no.

Edited by nswillhappen, 12 November 2014 - 01:27 AM.

#11322 Coca Cola

Coca Cola

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Plotting to kill Masashi Kishimoto.

Fav Characters in Naruto: Sakura, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, Naruto, Lee
    Sports: Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers, FC Bayern München
    Dislikes: Hinata Hyuuga and whatever team Lebron James is on

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:31 AM

So after 2+ years of being ignored by Naruto, Hinata will just come running right into his arms after Sakura is engaged to Sasuke... knowing that he is using her as a rebound to get over Sakura and that he doesn't really love her.

God what a disgustingly pathetic woman. No self respecting woman would accept that kitten.

naruto_s_smile__remake_of_the_remake____

I will not let you stand alone anymore...

I will protect that smiling face.

#11323 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

It's why I think it was after that that the ending was changed, until the beginning of this year I think it was planned to be NS and SK but for whatever reason it got changed, how much of that is on Kishi we may never know nor may we never know if I'm right but I just can't accept that more time was spent developing the red herrings than the main pairings.

Kishi's prioritising of false commitments and hopes was certainly the ill-advised method to go about building a foundation for relationships deemed unsupportable, derogatory, and cruel until the very end of the manga. There was so much more that he could have done. Would it have convinced any of us? Make us believe that a reasonable commitment filled with love, laughter, and happiness was achievable with NH/SS in whatever span of time this war originally intended to use? In all likelihood, no. The evidence even prior to these last few arcs was so strongly in favour of NS and the SS/NH dynamics so badly disjointed and neglected that no rational person who was capable of putting aside their adoration for a character would be satisfied in watching these pairings come to life as we're seeing now with this movie.

Kishi sold himself out in order to appeal to the grabby businessmen at SJ/Pierrot. He's lost my respect as a writer because he turned his back to the motives and ideals that helped defined what his manga was about. And I wonder something else. If money was so important, why not take another approach like the one seen in RtN? It was a successful movie in spite of the heavy emphasis on NaruSaku and negligible screen time of Hinata (and her precious voice actress). Did the marketers overlook this detail? Or is it their impression that overplaying this Nana Mizuki person will somehow compensate for the utter humiliation and disgrace that the producers and Kishi have brought upon their series? There's no denying how much of an emotional and moral shockwave is being felt as a result of the ending and the direction of the movie by the admirers who supported NS or were disgruntled over the stupidity of it all.

Will this deter the unsatisfied anyone from watching a movie that's being used as a cheap, shameless cop-out to justify a bad ending? I would hope so. The fans from overseas certainly don't appear to be as concerned with this Nana Mizuki's unjust and undeserved spotlight. And surely not every fan of Naruto in Japan would allow themselves to become entranced by this flagrant attempt to squeeze more money out of them. If they're going to watch this movie regardless then they should at least be made aware of the sacrifices used to have this setup with the characters and the plot arranged.

I know The Last has been in development for 2 years but that doesn't mean that story has been in development for 2 years, they were making the movies yearly prior to it so it's not a huge stretch to think The Last's story was changed when the pairings were. Because correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the movie to come after RtN meant to be about Sasuke?

I know that Kishi did express interest in wanting to dedicate a whole movie to Sasuke and his morally questionable adventures. But what the mangaka wants isn't always the deciding factor in which plot concept is chosen during the planning process (events leading up to this movie are a clear example of profit and popularity overriding cohesion and logic). Sasuke has often ranked above Naruto in the polls and I'm guessing that he has a very strong following in Japan (no doubt it acted as a major factor in allowing the abomination that is SS to come alive). But ultimately the series is still about Naruto and his story. So a movie that's completely shifted attention to the deuteragonist may not earn the companies in charge the revenue they're aiming for if the titular character isn't relevant or shown in the publicity leading up to release.

For me, I would like to believe that Kishi's original intentions, the true desire to see an ending separate from this one, is what spurred him to give all of these prevalent NS moments and hints in the final 150 chapters of the manga while trying to discredit SS and NH as much as possible. He might have eventually bowed to editorial and executive pressure, but he wanted to ensure that the atmosphere and setting in the epilogue was as ambiguous, dissatisfying, and erratic as he could make it. It wouldn't atone for the breach of trust(nothing short of an interview offering his admission of sorrow for this being the ending he did not envision and the promise to create the proper finale would make amends), but it would restore a little of my faith in his character as a writer and artist.

#11324 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

I am not a Twilight hater...but I have to say it.
This movie is gonna be like Twilight.

#11325 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:34 AM

Man, I think I'm gonna throw up if I'm going to have to put up with all of those gifs and crap that will inevitably come up D': Well, I suppose we'll just have to have a gif battle - except OURS will actually come from the story itself, not some stupid bullcrap romance movie.  :zaru:

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#11326 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

So after 2+ years of being ignored by Naruto, Hinata will just come running right into his arms after Sakura is engaged to Sasuke... knowing that he is using her as a rebound to get over Sakura and that he doesn't really love her.

God what a disgustingly pathetic woman. No self respecting woman would accept that kitten.

I have a feeling that the movie will make Hinata not look like the second choice. They will asspull anything to make it look good.

#11327 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

I think I'm more sad that Hinata will still have problems or no struggle because she will get her ass handed to them. Everything else is...dart to my face game.

#11328 Lilac

Lilac

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:46 AM

Well, here are the translated lyrics for Star Vessel. I snagged them of Saiyan Island discussion thread. So take that with a grain of salt until the lyric sheet comes out lol

song

Guess that's the explanation for why he took so long lol.

#11329 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:47 AM

Well, here are the translated lyrics for Star Vessel. I snagged them of Saiyan Island discussion thread. So take that with a grain of salt until the lyric sheet comes out lol

song

Lmao, what? We already have the translation and is not that at all. Lmao.

Lyrics with their respective romaji: 

8eardLu.jpg

Edited by theunburnt, 12 November 2014 - 01:52 AM.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#11330 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

aaaww, Naruto-kun will find the love of his life :wub:

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#11331 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:52 AM

song

Guess that would be more fitting from Sakuras side to Naruto...

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#11332 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:55 AM

"my feelings were confused"... seems like Sasuke towards Sakura LOL
Otherwise it's Naruto -> Hinata.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#11333 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

"my feelings were confused"... seems like Sasuke towards Sakura LOL
Otherwise it's Naruto -> Hinata.

That's not the translation, lol. 

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#11334 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

Hinata's voice actress is singing this song so it's 100% Hinata's feelings here.  THAT is not up for debate.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#11335 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

Man, I think I'm gonna throw up if I'm going to have to put up with all of those gifs and crap that will inevitably come up D': Well, I suppose we'll just have to have a gif battle - except OURS will actually come from the story itself, not some stupid bullcrap romance movie.  :zaru:

A gif battle...I like that!

#11336 Guest_yellowflash_*

Guest_yellowflash_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

Hinata's voice actress is singing this song so it's 100% Hinata's feelings here.  THAT is not up for debate.

So can we expect to see Hinata singing in this movie, like some kind of musical.

#11337 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

http://ultimaxreveng...st/102405802362

UGH. I want to punch her so kittening hard right now. 

They are kittening exaggerating about Hinata, she's so overraterd. UGH.

Edited by theunburnt, 12 November 2014 - 02:04 AM.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#11338 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:08 AM

You know, I usually don't despise characters. I mean, I can think they're boring and be neutral about them, but when they get in the way of something beautiful... *cracks knuckles*  :smashy: Then I just hate them. Sooo, that's how my feelings are for Hinata! I didn't like or dislike her or anything before. I thought she was pretty boring and overrated, whatever, but now I HATE her because that stupid idiot got in the way. GET OUTTA HERE!! 

Edited by Win-chan, 12 November 2014 - 02:08 AM.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#11339 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:08 AM

Ummm...I'm pretty sure Sakura didn't cheat. Also, Hinata tried to get Naruto to cheat. Lmao. But jesus yea that's fan worship to the max. 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#11340 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=0IV1kMxDHso

Just found an amazing NS amv. Made me feel better!

Edited by Sedna, 12 November 2014 - 02:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users