54175 replies to this topic

#10821 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

What kind of effect that will happen if kishi show that naruto is still in love with sakura?

#10822 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

What kind of effect that will happen if kishi show that naruto is still in love with sakura?

he does still love sakura

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#10823 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:45 AM

the better question is why would he do that? the romance is blatantly obvious and he is writing a shonen not a shoujo

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10824 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:55 AM

I was being non-spoiler guy but thank you. :lol:

Oh, right.  I fixed it.

the better question is why would he do that? the romance is blatantly obvious and he is writing a shonen not a shoujo

Another question would be what if Kishimoto has Sakura say "I love Naruto." How would the American fans react?

#10825 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

Exactly! That's what a lot of people don't get. It's a shonen. So of course, Naruto won't remind us 24/7 that he likes Sakura. And that's also why I'm convinced that Obito won't be redeemed by a parallel, it wouldn't have its place in a shonen.

Also, some fans tend to see hint for pairing in every chapters while I'm sure Kishi doesn't even think about it when he do the chapter. And that's their own fault for not keeping in mind that it's a shonen and not a shojo. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#10826 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

Do we really need to know 24/7? Well doing one more time is like having a rematch with a pro as a noob.

Oh, right.  I fixed it.

Another question would be what if Kishimoto has Sakura say "I love Naruto." How would the American fans react?

Lol. Well I can see massive damage control.

#10827 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

Exactly! That's what a lot of people don't get. It's a shonen. So of course, Naruto won't remind us 24/7 that he likes Sakura. And that's also why I'm convinced that Obito won't be redeemed by a parallel, it wouldn't have its place in a shonen.

Also, some fans tend to see hint for pairing in every chapters while I'm sure Kishi doesn't even think about it when he do the chapter. And that's their own fault for not keeping in mind that it's a shonen and not a shojo.

The parallel could come from Sakura healing Obito should he need it after having the Bijuus extracted.

Do we really need to know 24/7? Well doing one more time is like having a rematch with a pro as a noob.

Lol. Well I can see massive damage control.

No, the people who argue against say it's because Naruto never said he loves Sakura. :twitch:

Just a spoiler tag, hardly massive.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 05 November 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#10828 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

Since NarHin and SasSak are the most popular in America, it'll have a full of rage, salty tears, denial, etc. All Naruto-related forums (except this site), Tumblr, Facebook, Youtube, and other internet sites will be affected.

@ the bolded: That'll be a glorious day.  :fu:

Edited by sakutonaru, 05 November 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#10829 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

The parallel could come from Sakura healing Obito should he need it after having the Bijuus extracted.

As long as it's not emphasised on, I'm okay with it. But as I already said before, the parallel will surely get a confirmation. I just don't think it will get a big emphasis.

I think it will be more like when Minato recalled Kushina by seeing Sakura. He just think about ker and that's it, then we move on, and I think it will be the same thing with Obito. It won't make the main plot move. 

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#10830 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

No, the people who argue against say it's because Naruto never said he loves Sakura. :twitch:

Just a spoiler tag, hardly massive.

I know. No worries.

As long as it's not emphasised on, I'm okay with it. But as I already said before, the parallel will surely get a confirmation. I just don't think it will get a big emphasis.

I think it will be more like when Minato recalled Kushina by seeing Sakura. He just think about ker and that's it, then we move on, and I think it will be the same thing with Obito. It won't make the main plot move. 

That's pretty much it, though we'll take it.

#10831 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

Saying that Sakura believes herself to be unquestionably in love with Sasuke would mean the slow journey she's been making -- the change in perspective and attitude that Kishimoto has been showing in her since the beginning -- has led her nowhere.  Saying that Sakura has chosen Naruto in resignation -- and only because it is the "right thing to do" or out of obligation because of his kindness, bravery, and feelings for her -- implies that her heart has not been fundamentally changed in his favor at all.

If that were to be true, and then a single event could switch her feelings for Naruto on like a light, it would not only be ridiculous considering the build up but unrealistic.  It would suggest that Sakura's feelings for Naruto were not based on anything deeper, more substantive, or more deserved and cherished than her original feelings for Sasuke.  It would suggest that emotionally speaking, Sakura had not grown at all throughout the story.

No.  I cannot agree that Sakura is still in love with Sasuke the way she was, or that she is completely unaware that her feelings for Naruto have shifted and begun to grow more romantic in nature throughout the manga.  She is much, much closer to Naruto now, and MUCH closer to him than she ever was Sasuke.  

The last remaining threads that have kept any measure of Sakura's romantic ideals tethered to Sasuke will soon be cut.  She will be able to love him as a friend and teammate, but there won't be anything holding her back from Naruto.

As I said a week or so ago, the way the panels were drawn, the fact that Kishi indicated that it was Sakura who blocked the entire village out of her mind as she held Naruto in her arms must have been drawn as such to depict a (possible) change in Sakura's feelings.  I think that panel, the way it was drawn, the fact that just before Naruto seemed shocked and hyper-aware of the people around them, was drawn as such to show us that Sakura's feelings are changing.  As drawn, that indicated the romantic potential of Sakura's feelings while nothing about Naruto and Hinata's handhold indicated any romantic possibility from Naruto's side (especially when read in bulk, as opposed to on a chapter basis).  In fact, I only knew that it was taken as such after I re-joined the Internet fandom.

#10832 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

for those that were on this or other forums during 450 : What was it like? Was it anything compared to 599 or 615 or 631?

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#10833 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

^That day was amazing..... I was an user only on NF so you can imagine the chaos. It was sorta 631: the only different thing was that the spoilers came out on Wednesday while the chapter came out on Friday.

Edited by LadyGT, 05 November 2013 - 09:05 AM.

aw9vkj.gif

#10834 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Saying that Sakura believes herself to be unquestionably in love with Sasuke would mean the slow journey she's been making -- the change in perspective and attitude that Kishimoto has been showing in her since the beginning -- has led her nowhere.  Saying that Sakura has chosen Naruto in resignation -- and only because it is the "right thing to do" or out of obligation because of his kindness, bravery, and feelings for her -- implies that her heart has not been fundamentally changed in his favor at all.

If that were to be true, and then a single event could switch her feelings for Naruto on like a light, it would not only be ridiculous considering the build up but unrealistic.  It would suggest that Sakura's feelings for Naruto were not based on anything deeper, more substantive, or more deserved and cherished than her original feelings for Sasuke.  It would suggest that emotionally speaking, Sakura had not grown at all throughout the story.

No.  I cannot agree that Sakura is still in love with Sasuke the way she was, or that she is completely unaware that her feelings for Naruto have shifted and begun to grow more romantic in nature throughout the manga.  She is much, much closer to Naruto now, and MUCH closer to him than she ever was Sasuke.  

The last remaining threads that have kept any measure of Sakura's romantic ideals tethered to Sasuke will soon be cut.  She will be able to love him as a friend and teammate, but there won't be anything holding her back from Naruto.

Slow journey who has nothing to do with "falling in love with naruto", getting over Sasuke doenst imply that she will magically fall in love with Naruto afterwards.

Kushina fell in love with Minato on a single event, Naruto the same(On the bench), Sakura also got it too for her crush on Sasuke.
Why she cant have the same, it's not unrealistic or absurd.

No, i never said that she loves Sasuke the same way back on part 1, dont even know where did you get this, and in fact despite her feelings for him being weaker than part 1 she still acknowledges that she's in love with him, 540 shows that

What suggest that Sakura has grown up is when she start valuing her own actions and stop thinking she only does mistakes, by rejecting her feelings or getting over Sasuke because she believes she deserves someome better is a sign of growing up.

I dont know about this "completely unaware" i would say on the summit she did thought about her feelings for Naruto and if you can may agree or not she knew she didnt loved him however decided to return his feelings because she cares about him more than her feelings for Sasuke, and based on those feelings she had for him, she decided to give a chance on Naruto, but Naruto rejected this because he knew that she still loved Sasuke.

The last, Naruto himself, Sakura already chose Naruto by the things i stated on my previous post, she already made up her mind to return Naruto's feelings but what lies is that she's not in love with Naruto, that's why i believe on this event.

On the current moment, Naruto will never accept Sakura because he strongly believes she loves Sasuke and Sakura will never be with Sasuke because she knows Naruto loves her and took his feelings in consideration to a point that she prefers to return Naruto's feelings and make him happy in exchange to keep chasing Sasuke a guy that only did bad things to her.

So in fact what is missing is Sakura falling in love with Naruto and it's canon at least on my opinion.

It's realistic because on Sakura's case is the following, she loves a jerk who treated her like a trash but there's a nice guy who was being nice with her all the time, she chose the nice guy but the nice guy believes she loves the other guy.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 05 November 2013 - 10:18 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#10835 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Well it seems for most people outside the NS fandom is that do need to be reminded 24/7. As for if their will be a direct parallel with Sakura and Rin, it was already obvious that they were when Team Minato was introduced. I mean the team setting, it similar love triangle and the last chapter made it even more obvious that the two are paralleled. For whether or not it will be the redeeming factor of Obito's redemption I don't know, his love for Rin is goanna be brought up for sure.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 05 November 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#10836 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

In regards to the Sakura-Rin parallel, do you think it will be left to interpretation with subtle hints or will it be directly addressed by Naruto saying he can understand Obito because he's also in love or even by Kakashi acting as a sort of narrator on how Naruto and Obito are similar.

Personally I think the comparison is going to be made very soon since right now is the big talk no jutsu and after this will probably be a pre-death monologue from Obito. How the comparison will be made I'm not sure but I would bet on Kakashi or Minato since they know the most about Obito and they also both know about Naruto and Sakura's kinda-sorta-but-not-yet-lovers relationship.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#10837 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

I think at some point it will  be confirmed like Kushina-Sakura one, however, I am curious how Kishi will do it since it seems that he treats it a little bit different this time... Though it makes sense in a way, it's the last parallel most probably and the most important one, imo, given that out of everyone, Obito is Naruto's most important parallel.
I think this is why people are fighting on this parallel so much...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#10838 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

You're not.  :)  I think you're absolutely right.  The reason Naruto holding Hinata's hand in #615 is irrelevant to shipping is not because other character have held hands at some point; it is not relevant to shipping because Naruto has no romantic feelings for Hinata.  None, and there is no convincing or compelling evidence to the contrary.  

If there was one single panel to be found where Naruto expressed a thought or feeling about Hinata that even remotely approached the blatant romantic thought/feelings he has expressed for Sakura, then #615 might have meant something.  But in the absence such, all it meant was Hinata achieved her goal.

The hand-holding in #615 was significant and different than other examples because it was Hinata's opportunity to stand by Naruto's side and hold his hand, tying off that loose end and going a long way toward bringing her development to a conclusion.

Both the hug and hand holding were significant, but the deal I truely find from the hug being more important was that it was a major step in difference and dynamic from when we first saw how naruto and sakura interacted. Hinatas moment was good for her, but it was focused mainly on her, narutos end seemed more thankful and just went with the power transfer. I feel the hand holding on narutos end was one way thanks another to consolidate her for the lost of neji. Yet the difference was it not to the point I would say he should just love hinata somehow. To me the handholding is best said romantic on hinatas end, holding his hand as she wished and fighting alongside him. On narutos end though, it's to see that hinata is capable of more, but not to the effect that this view would turn him away from sakura who he has liked so much. Basically for hinata to naruto, I feel narutos view of her is that she is capable and can do a lot but it's not to change the fact of who he loves. I feel the hug is more important though cause aside from the drama, just looking at the change in dynamics, the fact it was sakura, the girl who doesn't love naruto, gave him a genuine warm reception he even didn't expect. He was expecting more pain after the punch and thought sakura was angry, the hug is what suprised him. I feel the scene is more important because it was a major scene in how far the dynamics had gone between them from in the start sakura hating and hitting naruto to him seeing she cares with doing something like this and sakura herself being mature and open with him with an act like this. I feel for ns right now, we can chop it into 5 scenes of progress at this point, 3 of which have occurred:

1 is when they are first introduced! naruto loves her but sakura hates him, this is the immature phase

2 is when the promise is made and she becomes fully trusting of him, this is the friendship phase

3 is the hug which is when she has come very concerned and appriative of him, basically she is starting to go into the maturity stage here with both the realization of the pain she caused him and supporting him. This is her mid maturity and conflictive stage the conflict being what Sasuke has done and her own feelings for him.

4 is impending but close by, basically it s taken a preform with the support, trust, and compassion sakura has been showing for naruto. Basically this around the current timeline and what it can become. Sakura has shown all the prementioned for naruto but also has the aspects of Sasuke. This is Sakura's care and conflict stage. She is shown much support for naruto this battle, yet she is not trusting of Sasuke which can be the start of a major mentality change for her, her love for Sasuke is finally taking a major change after so long, she loved him but now does not trust him. Plus the fact of what can happen to naruto is something she cares about as well. This is going to be her climax for good and bad aspects as to how she feels between narutos efforts and dreams and what Sasuke has done and will do even though it's dark. This stage will have a positive and negative moments, kinda displayed already with the positive stuff with naruto and negative with Sasuke.

5 is still a while off, but this is the maturity and acceptance stage for sakura, her ending development. What fate lies for team 7, if she truely overcomes Sasuke and realizes her answer towards her feelings for naruto basically all the care she has for him ends here. Of simple character development is anything along with the development alongside naruto and some hints by like Kushina, this is the narusaku canon stage. This one will occur at some point around the naruto vs Sasuke fight and for sakura herself, she will have something major in the fight or around it not directly but still have a reason for it. I simply believe this is when sakura grows up and becomes fully open towards naruto.

In the case of the hug vs the hand holding, I feel the hug is more important because well, it follows more dynamics. Is not just like hinata said she wants to hold his hand and naruto not even thinking of hinata half the time unless she makes the first move, I mean naruto has thought about sakura tons of times without her presence as sakura has thought of naruto. Even after pain and the short 559 meeting, he spends no time thinking of hinata unless she was directly there. He doesn't even keep those thoughts around as much. It's because if the dynamic between naruto and sakura, the hug was just a connection element which carried more dynamics with it from something that started negative to something positive. Naruto knew he was friends with sakura but never expected her to be open like that after the fight. With events like the land of iron, 630 building on the land of iron events from Sakura's speech, and even Sasuke present but her still focusing on naruto, Sakura's changed a lot, she isn't blindly following Sasuke, yet it's funny how neither naruto nor her realize she is focusing on him, just wanting him to be okay and not overdo it. This is why many fans feel sakura is starting to subconsciously reveal more openness and care for naruto before what we expect to be full openness and care in the end.

I mean scenes always leave people to debate but with stuff like 631 causing such a disaster in the fandom, despite how people argued stuff like the meaning if girlfriend despite a simpler fact like kushinas foreshadow and sakura being the only girl compared to Kushina, the only girl in the series so far by minato no less, even as a minor joke, because everyone was so focused on kushinas foreshadow, well. 631 is the only continuation clue we have for kushinas foreshadow, besides the fact everything she said for naruto to do was done or in progress. It's oversimplifying things, but sometimes the easiest answers are the true ones. Sakura being the only girl like Kushina, even with Kushina being paralleled to naruto as well, this doesn't change anything. Minato was a bit of a lug head and this comparison didn't change narutos mentality.

Nh fans can show their love or try to overstate the importance of 615 but as of now, it just hasn't been something of the forefront if naruto hasn't been concerned with it, rather he is focused on Neji's death and yet still likes the idea of sakura as his girlfriend. I'm not saying we need a rin sakura parallel even though it can come up, but for stuff already established in canon and how strongly the similarities exist between sakura and rin, just likes sakura and Kushina, it's just too obvious who is like who. Even then if no sakura rin parallel came up, the one we have is still enough to just say look at sakura and Kushina maybe something will happen here. If rin hinata was established though, would it honestly feel right? No it wouldn't, the events for them are so widely different, they carry different contexts and it's just not fitting to link them. As much as they love it, hinata hasn't been anything important since 615, anything else with her was a side role or working with everyone else without giving a sight of clear development for her future. Even then with 615, Sakura's development was far from over, it's not ended till everyone has their say and this is why many nh fans jumped the gun last year. 616 became a moment to show it was just a leave off event and things continued and then 631 came in May and caused pairing rage. Many got angry at naruto sakura and minato and forums were shut and makes me fear the next time a ns event occurs, what will happen?

Ns has the development and it's just been following a path that's easily seen. Nh has it's moments, but it's just not as developed or come enter we can say as ns has been. Ns has more focus and well it's been in the forefront of the story so much more, the romance subplot basically is ns this late in the game. We believe naruto never stopped loving her, it's not too hard to believe that. And with the wrap up stuff everyone has said, well if naruto will resolve things with Sasuke on a positive note then surely he will resolve things greatly with sakura. We are getting a team 7 ending but part of that ending involves ending development in all characters and for sakura, part of her ending without any problems, conflicts, or loose ends is aside from forgiving Sasuke, it's coming to love naruto, opposite the start of when she hated him.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#10839 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

I remember the twist that the spoiler or someone did for 450, making Hinata remembering all the time of Naruto, as if he is that important to her. It turned out it was Iruka instead. I think that was my cue that Hinata isn't meat to be the way I thought she would be, but hey, I was young and I just went along with all fandoms.

#10840 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think at some point it will  be confirmed like Kushina-Sakura one, however, I am curious how Kishi will do it since it seems that he treats it a little bit different this time... Though it makes sense in a way, it's the last parallel most probably and the most important one, imo, given that out of everyone, Obito is Naruto's most important parallel.
I think this is why people are fighting on this parallel so much...

Couldn't Sakura still be paralleled with Mito?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users