1209 replies to this topic

#981 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm not dismissing that she love him, but rather, it's not serious as love triangle, regardless if Sasuke really not in the game. I mean if NS confession have a cliffhanger in a manga, then you know it's serious.

That said you're right about that. I still can't believe I didn't see the movie....

How come? You should totally watch it!!!

I really do think Kishi has turned Hinata into part 1 sakura. I wonder if he will have Hinata do a sakura confession like in part 1 to NARUTO?

The problem is that recently Hinata is acting like a typical shoujo manga heroine: the only thing she's got on her mind is this guy and nothing else matters~♪ If NARUTO was indeed a shoujo I wouldn't be surprised if Hinata was given a happy ending with Naruto despite having no real development. That's why I sort of despise this genre.  :down: 

#982 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

How come? You should totally watch it!!!
The problem is that recently Hinata is acting like a typical shoujo manga heroine: the only thing she's got on her mind is this guy and nothing else matters~♪ If NARUTO was indeed a shoujo I wouldn't be surprised if Hinata was given a happy ending with Naruto despite having no real development. That's why I sort of despise this genre.  :down: 

I know. Maybe I should say screw it with Taka sub. Link me a HD sub!

As for Hinata, well if anything, she reminds me of that fangirl from Fruit Basket (I forgot her name), only to never win the guy's heart. Respect/friend yes, lover no.

#983 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

I really do think Kishi has turned Hinata into part 1 sakura. I wonder if he will have Hinata do a sakura confession like in part 1 to NARUTO?

Doubt it Hiinata's feelings for Naruto don't play a vital part in the story unlike's Sakura's feelings for him.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#984 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

I know. Maybe I should say screw it with Taka sub. Link me a HD sub!

As for Hinata, well if anything, she reminds me of that fangirl from Fruit Basket (I forgot her name), only to never win the guy's heart. Respect/friend yes, lover no.

Ehh... I watched a Russian-dubbed version. I can give you a link but I doubt you speak Russian.  :sweat: 

I tried watching Furuba once but got bored quite soon (I watched like 10- episodes or something, then dropped it). I don't feel like finishing it too.

#985 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

I re-watched a few scenes from RtN yesterday, and the way AU!Hinata acts clearly tell us that she has some kind of romantic feelings towards Menma = Naruto: "Are you guys on a date?", "Menma is mine, if you touch him I'll kill you." etc.

It's only natural to look up to / admire a person you like in romantic way. Naruto is Hinata's source of strength/encouragement  as well as her love interest. But I doubt that the girl truly knows what real love means...  :sweat: 

That girl was under the impression that her breasts would offer enough incentive to Naruto for him to be dissuaded from pursuing Sakura romantically. As the girls were resting at the bath house Hinata made it an objective to rebuke Sakura because of her simply being associated with Naruto (or "Menma") whilst also using her physical appearance as an arguing point to demean Sakura. People will argue that Sakura's "love" in P1 for Sasuke was wrought with frivolous, immature fantasies but can anyone truly argue that RtN Hinata's interest in Naruto was more positively motivated? Hell, I would argue that preteen Sakura's crush was better developed because at least it could be traced back to her fundamental character desire to be acknowledged by others in a favourable manner after being reproached when she was a child because of her forehead. From what could be inferred RtN Hinata was expecting Naruto to rush forward into her arms after realizing that her cleavage is larger than Sakura's. Has anyone from other fandoms realized this?

Edited by Atheck, 09 June 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#986 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

That girl was under the impression that her breasts would offer enough incentive to Naruto for him to be dissuaded from pursuing Sakura romantically. As the girls were resting at the bath house Hinata made it an objective to rebuke Sakura because of her simply being associated with Naruto (or "Menma") whilst also using her physical appearance as an arguing point to demean Sakura. People will argue that Sakura's "love" in P1 for Sasuke was wrought with frivolous, immature fantasies but can anyone truly argue that RtN Hinata's interest in Naruto was more positively motivated? Hell, I would argue that preteen Sakura's crush was better developed because at least it could be traced back to her fundamental character desire to be acknowledged by others in a favourable manner after being reproached when she was a child because of her forehead.  

I always viewed Hinata's interest in Naruto as somewhat creepy or unhealthy. It's still hard to forget "I've been always watching you" (stalking reference) which has now turned into "I want to be by Naruto-kun's side all the time". *shrug*

#987 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ehh... I watched a Russian-dubbed version. I can give you a link but I doubt you speak Russian.  :sweat: 

I tried watching Furuba once but got bored quite soon (I watched like 10- episodes or something, then dropped it). I don't feel like finishing it too.

No, I'm afraid not. Lol.

Well, it was pretty good. It somewhat suffers the "manga is better" syndrome. I don't mean like how Naruto got their differences but to the point the direction has changed alas Love Hina. It's pretty good still, but if you want the conclusion, time to hit the book.

#988 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

I find a lot of Hinata's dialogue to be somewhat ambiguous and confusing. I'm talking specifically about her speech at 573, and what she said in 633. In 573, I can think of two possible scenarios;

1) She will stop being so docile about her feelings and seriously go after Naruto in hopes of making him fall for her eventually. 

2) She realizes that she can't be with him and support him like a lover, so she will support him like a good comrade.

And in 633... (basically what you said)

1) Wanting to be by his side romantically.

2) Wanting to be by his side like a good comrade.

Of course, I'm hoping for the latter in both situations, but I'm a NS fan so that's pretty obvious. I'll admit, it's slightly unnerving, but it's really nothing new. We've known that she's loved him for like 200 chapters and that she's had feelings for him since early Part 1, so it doesn't really change anything in the SakuNaruHina or the NaruSakuSasu love triangle. Couple that with the fact that Naruto confirmed his feelings for Sakura two chapters ago, and we're in pretty good shape either way.  :cool:

Yeah it was ambiguous howerver the first one was fullfilled, we all thought it would be romantically speaking off and what we got was 615 and her acknowledgement, everyone who made their wishes there got fullfilled, even Sakura's "no matter what you say we will fight together" which happened on 631/632.

For me 579 wasnt the romantic outcome where people might been thinking off and the second i also believe on the later because of what happened with 579 and 615.

Because it makes sense with her thoughts, she thought she was nothign to Naruto, and 615 Naruto acknowledged her as his comrade, now she wants to keep being strong to keep being Naruto's comrade.

I feel that it does make sense.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 09 June 2013 - 07:16 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#989 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

No, I'm afraid not. Lol.

Well, it was pretty good. It somewhat suffers the "manga is better" syndrome. I don't mean like how Naruto got their differences but to the point the direction has changed alas Love Hina. It's pretty good still, but if you want the conclusion, time to hit the book.

One of the advantages of being a Russian-speaking anime fan is that we have quite a few great teams of dubbers: they release almost all the series/movies that are currently airing with HQ video and sound. So go and study Russian!  :argh: 

Okay, thanks for the tip.  :thumb:

#990 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

One of the advantages of being a Russian-speaking anime fan is that we have quite a few great teams of dubbers: they release almost all the series/movies that are currently airing with HQ video and sound. So go and study Russian!  :argh: 

Okay, thanks for the tip.  :thumb:

Ah lucky you.

No problem. I remember loving it a lot. Going back, well I still do. Probably the few Shoujo anime/manga that I ever take on. Nothing wrong with them, just don't have many.

Also Darkerest, I do see your point. That's a good way to put it. Honestly, I think there's not much to say for NH anymore but friendship.

#991 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Ah lucky you.

No problem. I remember loving it a lot. Going back, well I still do. Probably the few Shoujo anime/manga that I ever take on. Nothing wrong with them, just don't have many.

Also Darkerest, I do see your point. That's a good way to put it. Honestly, I think there's not much to say for NH anymore but friendship.

You might wanna check works of CLAMP. These 4 ladies make some decent manga. Tsubasa: RC and xxxHOLiC are one of the best manga out there.  :smile:

#992 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

You might wanna check works of CLAMP. These 4 ladies make some decent manga. Tsubasa: RC and xxxHOLiC are one of the best manga out there.  :smile:

Oh I know about them. Yeah, they're good as well.

But back to topic: do you guys think we will learn the news on Tsunade or at least a hint? Like imagine the new slug tells Sakura that for some reason, Katsuya hasn't return or something.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 09 June 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#993 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

For me it's card captor sakura.

#994 Killer Bee's Album

Killer Bee's Album

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Wow, I took a break from the manga until today and I'm surprise by how much of the predictions by the people on this message board made came true! or really close to it! I love the fact that Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are mirroring the 3 Legendary Sanin. Badass so far, although, I wish Yamato would come out of the woodworks already. Does Kishimoto have a special plan for him or he's just neglecting him?

#995 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

Oh I know about them. Yeah, they're good as well.

The only thing I don't like about this group of mangakas is that they tend to drop / put on a hold a lot of good series like X/1999 and Clover.

For me it's card captor sakura.

That's one pretty decent too. It was my first CLAMP anime. As for their manga it was Chobits. Loved it to bits.  :happy:

Yeah gotta get back to topic.  :pinch:

Edited by Tauriel, 09 June 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#996 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

The only thing I don't like about this group of mangakas is that they tend to drop / put on a hold a lot of good series like X/1999 and Clover.
That's one pretty decent too. It was my first CLAMP anime. As for their manga it was Chobits. Loved it to bits.  :happy:

Yeah gotta get back to topic.  :pinch:

That's true.

Ok, topic:

But back to topic: do you guys think we will learn the news on Tsunade or at least a hint? Like imagine the new slug tells Sakura that for some reason, Katsuya hasn't return or something.

#997 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

That's true.

Ok, topic:

If she does I doubt the new slug would tell her right in the middle of battle. She'll probably find out after the battle with 10tail. At least I hope. I don't want her distracted when she's about to show us her true power

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#998 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

That's true.

Ok, topic:

Depends on what is the slug Sakura has summoned AND if different slugs have some kind of "radio".

If she does I doubt the new slug would tell her right in the middle of battle. She'll probably find out after the battle with 10tail. At least I hope. I don't want her distracted when she's about to show us her true power

The news about Tsunade could also trigger some other power-up.  :yes:

Edited by Tauriel, 09 June 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#999 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

Well like I said, the new slug could tell her that Katsuya is still away for some reason, which that could hint us that it's still going on. That way Sakura could wonder what does that mean. If anything, I can see Naruto telling her not to worry, but deep down he know that Tsunade is in danger because Madara was the one that fought them and yeah...So I can see Naruto holding to himself until everything is over.

#1000 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

That's true.

Ok, topic:

I thought about that but right now having Sakura retreat or at least have her resolve shaken doesn't fit right now.

If she finds out if Tsunade is in trouble she will be in a dilemma to leave the battlefield or continue the battle. Now probably Naruto will be all like: "go save the hag we can handle it" and then the possibility of something happening with Naruto doubles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users