#81 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Nov 4 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto isn't putting Sasuke before the entire world. In the training arcs he used Sasuke as motivation to become stronger, and then used his strength to protect the village from Pain. He's just not willing to cast him off as an evil villain without facing him first and hearing his side of the story.

And I don't think Sakura's death would really develop Naruto in a positive way. Jiraya's death seemed to served that purpose and if someone else that close to Naruto were to die he would only feel grief. Whatever immaturity Naruto still shows is because of his young age, and not because he's a bad ninja or because he lacks some kind of serious shock. He's dealt with all kinds of hardship his whole life, I don't think it's fair to say that somehow Naruto is naive to the ways of the world, especially after his encounter with Nagato.

It's not so much that I think he's naive it's just that he seems to turn a blind eye to Sasuke's actions.
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#82 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:54 PM

the problem with that Zin is that what your speaking of is HOW Naruto handles things an not WHY he does.

I agree with you he needs to learn some new ways HOW to handle them.

but Sakuras death would be a backward step and Kishimoto is not one to take backward steps in character growth. Naruto has allready dealt with the "death" of another character ((Jiraiya)), dealt with the "death" of a person in front of him ((Hinata))

if Sakura were to die in front of him he as mucha s admitted hed be driven by revenge, and this goes agaisnt everything he promised Nagato and Jiraiya.

however I dont rule out Sakura being injured or captured by Sasuke to use against him. to try and drive him over that edge an edge hed have to find the strength to walk away from and not fall into.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#83 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Nov 4 2009, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Death, it looks like she's on a suicide mission, but given history of characters we wouldn't know. I hope he doesn't for obvious reasons.

Kishi couldn't possibly kill her, I mean, that would just ruin the manga, because Sakura has a big part in the manga, liking or not. So by killing her, he wouldn't achieve anything, her death would only lead to Naruto's fury, and make him do something stupid.
Now, I do have to say that I don't think Sakura is powerful/strong enough to even lay a finger on Sasuke. I mean, if e didn't die with the fight with the kages, there's no way that he'll die because of a mere chunnin. And even though Sai, Kiba and Lee would be with her, none of them are strong enough. I mean, with Sasuke and his new sharingan thingy, they wouldn't even manage to touch a string of his hair. Sure, I like all of them, and I think they're strong, but I have the impression that they wouldn't last long against the Uchiha which is quite depressing, knowing that they had trained a lot So what I think would be awesome to see, would be them all defeated, unconscious, and Sakura the last one standing is about to fall when all of a sudden, Naruto appears. That'd be dramatic. But it's very unlikely to happen, so you can ignore my thoughts.

#84 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Zin @ Nov 4 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem is even after all of that Naruto is STILL seriously lacking. He continues to fight in a straight line instead of at a curve (there's a certain irony about that considering his name lol..). I'm not saying I want Naruto to turn into a Sasuke just that he needs to learn more than one elemental and more than just a handful of jutsus. He still thinks he can get away with raw power and it's annoying. Not only that but mentally he's still extremely immature there has been growth no one can deny that but, he's still excessively impatient and impulsive.

That maybe be true, but that is the whole premise of his character

He will always be the knuckle-headed ninja.

Naruto fits more in a zig-zag pattern if you ask me.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#85 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Nov 4 2009, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the problem with that Zin is that what your speaking of is HOW Naruto handles things an not WHY he does.

I agree with you he needs to learn some new ways HOW to handle them.

but Sakuras death would be a backward step and Kishimoto is not one to take backward steps in character growth. Naruto has allready dealt with the "death" of another character ((Jiraiya)), dealt with the "death" of a person in front of him ((Hinata))

if Sakura were to die in front of him he as mucha s admitted hed be driven by revenge, and this goes agaisnt everything he promised Nagato and Jiraiya.

however I dont rule out Sakura being injured or captured by Sasuke to use against him. to try and drive him over that edge an edge hed have to find the strength to walk away from and not fall into.

I realize why Naruto does the things he does and that's why I feel he's still incredibly immature. Who here can honestly say that the Sasuke he was friends with and the Sasuke that is doing the things he is now can still be considered to be the same person ? Sasuke has just been corrupted by his hate by such an enormous degree that he can't see what's in front of him (I realize it was the same with Nagato so yea...). I'm not saying he should completely give up on Sasuke just that he needs to stop considering Sasuke an innocent like he seems to be doing.

Note: I imagine you're right but, he does need some kind of jolt whether it's Sakura being injured or otherwise.

Edited by Zin, 04 November 2009 - 11:08 PM.

"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

#86 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

Um they are teenagers, that what Teenagers are at the emotional state. Trust me I was a teenage two years ago.

#87 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

^They might be teenagers, but they're ninjas too.

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 04 November 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#88 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Nov 4 2009, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um they are teenagers, that what Teenagers are at the emotional state. Trust me I was a teenage two years ago.

Meh, and I was a teenager a year ago but honestly, hate is a worthless emotion all it does is turn you inside out and leave you a shell of your former self. It's just not worth it. But, I completely understand the problems with Naruto's and Sakura's relationship. smile.gif

#89 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Nov 4 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
huh.gif After all the character and fighting skills Sakura has you think she can't last angst Sasuke?

Last angst Sasuke?

Against, you mean?

And no, I really doubt she could stand up to the Sharingan's power. After all, Sasuke uses that often, and combined with his hi-speed ninjutsu, taijutsu and kenjutsu... Sakura would get skewered by the lightning powered Kusanagi.

I'm not being discriminatory here, but after we've seen him stand up for a few bouts with Raikage and manage to burn the leader's arm off, Sakura would honest have to try hard to even land one punch.

#90 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Nov 4 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last angst Sasuke?

Against, you mean?

And no, I really doubt she could stand up to the Sharingan's power. After all, Sasuke uses that often, and combined with his hi-speed ninjutsu, taijutsu and kenjutsu... Sakura would get skewered by the lightning powered Kusanagi.

I'm not being discriminatory here, but after we've seen him stand up for a few bouts with Raikage and manage to burn the leader's arm off, Sakura would honest have to try hard to even land one punch.

Yea, speed is far more important than strength really, few ninjas in the Naruto world use a constant defensive jutsu and especially not Sakura. Combine that with the fact that Sasuke uses assassination techniques almost exclusively and it's not pretty...

#91 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Nov 4 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what makes me think. Tell him what? That the whole speech was a lie? Part of a plan? It all looked like it. I don't know. I still don't know if Sakuras feelings are true.

that Konoha 11 decided to kill Sasuke.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#92 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Nov 4 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what makes me think. Tell him what? That the whole speech was a lie? Part of a plan? It all looked like it. I don't know. I still don't know if Sakuras feelings are true.

pretty sure naruto doesn't know sasuke's been labeled as a missing ninja yet, actually i don't even remember.
But with Sakura going to chase sasuke now with this team, and no one knows their doing this(like the rookie nine,or hokage),i feel major sakura bashing if one of them gets hurt badly
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#93 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (StrawberryAcappella @ Nov 4 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pretty sure naruto doesn't know sasuke's been labeled as a missing ninja yet, actually i don't even remember.
But with Sakura going to chase sasuke now with this team, and no one knows their doing this(like the rookie nine,or hokage),i feel major sakura bashing if one of them gets hurt badly

I think Naruto knows. The minute a ninja walks out the village gates and goes after his own goals, he becomes a nukenin. Plus, I think Tsunade would have acted on that and put him in the bingo book.

#94 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

I think this is leading to a pattern. I think Sakura might get captured and used as a bait to lure Naruto into the clutches of Akatsuki...

Edited by Strangelove, 04 November 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#95 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

Even though I think Sakura's pretty BA, I don't think she could beat Sasuke with her team. XD

That's a pretty baller plan though. I wasn't expecting her to use the confession as something to throw Naruto off while she went and hunted down Sasuke. XD

=) I'm much happier this week.
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#96 AsianGal2

AsianGal2

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:spend some quality time wit da family, hang out wit friends,sketch anime/manga,dance routine,snow-sled,surfing,swimming, wateva is fun, i'll do it...

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:05 AM

i can't wait for it to be uploaded biggrin.gif

#97 Raiya

Raiya

Rogue Shinobi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:51 AM

After this chapter my mind is overheating from speculation. I have no idea where this is going XD Good job Kishi. I worry about him killing off Sakura too, but I doubt that after all that developement he's just going to throw it away.. But then again, you never know sad.gif

The manga is far from over, we still haven't seen Kakashi's face!

#98 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Nov 5 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though I think Sakura's pretty BA, I don't think she could beat Sasuke with her team. XD

That's a pretty baller plan though. I wasn't expecting her to use the confession as something to throw Naruto off while she went and hunted down Sasuke. XD

=) I'm much happier this week.

If you think about it, that sounds like she is a complete b****

#99 The Sincerities

The Sincerities

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

Well if these turn out to be true, which they probably will, all I can really say is that this is getting good. xD

I dunno, when Kiba asked Sakura what they should do, I got suspicious but I think mostly he was saying that because Naruto didn't give up on chasing after Sasuke? I don't think Sakura's lying so maybe it's because Naruto said he's doing it from himself also.

When Naruto said that Sakura's promise doesn't matter anymore, I kinda got silent. :X But hey, we all know he still loves her but he really does seem to think it's all too good to be true. He'll figure it out sooner or later.

Eh, I like this chapter more than last weeks. That one put me in a bad mood. Can't wait for tomorrow so I can read after I come home from school. 8D

#100 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:30 AM

could Sakura defeat Sasuke?

Yes quite easilly too.

how? simple arrogance.

he underestimates Sakura entirely to the point of dismissal. remember he has never seen her fight, never seen the damage she can do.

one punch and its over for him. Susanoo cannot protect agaisnt broken bones, and its ahrd to use amtateratsu and Tsukiyomi when half your face is caved in.

also at stake is the reasons for the fight. Kishimoto has been very solid about staying within the bounds of the themes of greatest strength by protecting whats precious to you. Even Sasuke benefitted from it when Karin was endangered.

Sakura is protecting naruto so her strength is limitless.

the potential for the fight may runs oemthing like this.

Sakura initially has trouble as Sasuke wipes the floor with Kiba and after a brief but brillaint fight smacks Lee down. meanwhile Sakura and Sasuke fight on a mental and emotional level. with Sasuke telling his side of the story, while sakura appeals to their former friendship and his bond with Naruto ((not her)).

She one last time brings up the bench scene, demanding an explanation for his behavior on that date, Sasuke laughs and tells her the truth, explaining what happened.

Sakuras shock is replaced first by anger then as the memories flash abck fo all narutos done for her.

then as Sasuke tries to just cut her down Sakura makes an choice. with the truth buoying her feelinsg and making them real. She proceeds to beat sasuke like a rented mule.

the fights end then depends on which way Kishimoto decides to take things.

If he goes for the capture/hostage idea. then Karin may involve herself, or Madara may get involved hismelf and overwhelm Sakura. this leaves Lee and Kiba to pass on the information to Naruto leading to the future confrontation.

If he goes straight to a Naruto Sasuke fight Sasuke pulls off a last second miracle use of the Sharingan and stops Sakura with Tsukiyomi tormenting her with her past and with watching naruto be killed over and over. In the meantime Karin heals Sasuke with her ability so hes at full strength.

a badly shaken Sakura is saved when naruto appears and the fight between the two begins in earnest.

just speculation but either scenario is plausible.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users