Close
Photo

The Great "A-Z of NaruSaku" Challenge (FINAL WEEK!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#81 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (NaruIno4ever)
What's a Xeranthemum?

QUOTE (ciardha)
Here they are, going to give a link for the X prompt, it's a flower (and pretty too)

http://www.eps4.coml...xeranthemum.jpg
http://www.swallowta...eranthemum.html

Seriously.

#82 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 26 2007, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously.

Thanks, that's why I gave the link. Not too many useful "x" words, and I wanted to use one that would work in Naruto's world. I remembered this flower and thought- hey that'll work. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#83 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:10 AM

I'll start with this one. In the Rain or Shine fanfic universe, but in the future, Saori is 13.

Xeranthemum

“Congratulations, Saori!” Sakura and Naruto hugged their daughter. Saori grinned, hugging them back. She was Chunin now.

Sakura gave her daughter a large bouquet of flowers. They were simple looking, but colorful. Saori loved flowers. Aunt Ino taught her about flower meanings. Xeranthemum meant "never fading remembrance" or "eternity" and was her favorite.

Mom and dad kept a bouquet of Xeranthemum beside a picture of his parents. Mom found the picture when dad became Hokage . Grandma and Grandpa looked so happy in the picture. Xeranthemum made Saori think about family and love. That’s why it was her favorite flower.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#84 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

Ring (may put this or something like it in my sequal to "Playing Cupid")

“I’m gonna marry you someday, that’s a promise,” Naruto mumbled as he snuggled closer.
“Is that a proposal Mr. Uzumaki?”
“You’re awake?”
“Of course I am silly. And you didn’t answer my question,” Sakura turned to face him.
“Well, what if it is?”
“If it is, then where’s the ring?”
“Well, um . . .” Naruto fumbled. Then his face brightened as he jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Naruto returned bending down on one knee holding out a lock of his hair tied together in the shape of a ring.
“Will you marry me Sakura?”
“Yes.”

Vibrant

Sakura always loved his eyes. They twinkled like sapphires or stars lighting the night sky. They were vibrant, just like him. She could find herself drowning in the ocean of his eyes and she knew she would never want to be rescued. She found it funny when he once told her that he thought her eyes were also vibrant. Something she never quite saw whenever she looked at herself in the mirror. The twinkle was there, yes, but nothing she had could compare to the energy in Naruto’s eyes. Maybe they shone brighter whenever she saw him. Maybe that’s why.

End of line.

#85 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Mar 27 2007, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ring (may put this or something like it in my sequal to "Playing Cupid")

“I’m gonna marry you someday, that’s a promise,” Naruto mumbled as he snuggled closer.
“Is that a proposal Mr. Uzumaki?”
“You’re awake?”
“Of course I am silly. And you didn’t answer my question,” Sakura turned to face him.
“Well, what if it is?”
“If it is, then where’s the ring?”
“Well, um . . .” Naruto fumbled. Then his face brightened as he jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Naruto returned bending down on one knee holding out a lock of his hair tied together in the shape of a ring.
“Will you marry me Sakura?”
“Yes.”

Vibrant

Sakura always loved his eyes. They twinkled like sapphires or stars lighting the night sky. They were vibrant, just like him. She could find herself drowning in the ocean of his eyes and she knew she would never want to be rescued. She found it funny when he once told her that he thought her eyes were also vibrant. Something she never quite saw whenever she looked at herself in the mirror. The twinkle was there, yes, but nothing she had could compare to the energy in Naruto’s eyes. Maybe they shone brighter whenever she saw him. Maybe that’s why.

They are pretty good, especially Vibrant

#86 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:26 PM

Smile

It was a long hard day at the hospital and Sakura was dead tired. She walked mindlessly to the Ichiraku ramen bar to meet up with Naruto. Honestly, she was so tired right now she didn’t think ramen would be a good idea; she might fall asleep in the bowl and drown. That wasn't good.
“Hey Naruto.”
“Ah, Sakura-chan!”
Oddly enough, after seeing Naruto’s beaming smile, she felt a little more energized. He always had that charm to him. With a bit more energy, she happily chatted with him while they ate in each other’s company; enraptured by his smile.

Yes

“Ah, come on, you want to take a nap, right?”
“No!”
“Will you do it for Daddy?”
“No! No nap!”
“Naruto, let me try.” Sakura said. “Sweetie, do you want to be big and strong like Daddy?”
“Yes.”
“Good, why don’t we close our eyes and dream about how big and strong you’re going to be, okay?”
Their son nodded his head and after some soothing words from his mother, he was asleep.
“You finally got him to say ‘yes,’ that’s amazing.”
“No, you’re the amazing one. You got me to say ‘yes’ to you years ago.”
“Yeah, I did.”

End of line.

#87 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:21 PM

Tender

Her punches could level a mountain if she wanted to. They could also knock some sense into him, which she did more often than not. Ironically, those hands could also heal severe wounds with tenderness. A mix of destruction and creation all rolled up into one. Yes, that was Sakura-chan. He loved all of her, especially her hands. Soft yet callous, harsh yet tender, but more importantly they were a part of her and a part of him. Everything from the punches she inflicted to the soft healing touches. Naruto loved that dichotomy about her because she was all his.

Zipper

“Naruto! What are you doing?”
“Um, well . . . my zipper’s stuck,” Naruto blushed.
“It’s stuck?” Sakura flushed. “Then fix it!”
“I’m trying.”
“Try harder!”
“It’s not budging.”
Sakura shyly spoke, “I can fix it for you.”
“What?!?”
“Don’t get any funny ideas! It’s just that, I’m skilled with . . . I mean . . . here, let me.”
Naruto nodded as Sakura got down on her knees in front of him.
“Sorry guys, I got lost on the road to . . . maybe I should come back,” Kakashi said, leaving the teens to their own devices.

End of line.

#88 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

I'm gonna finish this alphabet if it's the last thing I do! :shamefulcry0js:

Underneath

“I don’t know how Kakashi-Sensei ever dealt with us!”
“Trouble with your genin team again?”
“They’re so annoying Sakura-chan, it’s scary.”
“So what did they do this time?”
Naruto blushed. “You don’t want to know.”
“Why not? You tell me everything your team does.”
“Well, it’s just that it involves you.”
Sakura glared at Naruto. “Spill it.”
“Um, you know how Kakashi-Sensei always talks about seeing underneath the underneath?”
“Yeah.”
“I was talking to them about that and . . .,” Naruto whispered the rest into her ear.
“Those brats are dead!” Sakura fumed, intent on injuring some immature genins.

Whirlpool

Sakura took a break from sewing and gazed at the spiral pattern on the back of Naruto’s torn jacket. She smiled realizing how the swirl truly represented Naruto. He had a way of sucking everyone in, like a whirlpool. They would resist at first thinking, “what sort of madness is this crazy kid up to?” But in the end they’d find that it wasn’t madness, it’s just Naruto. She traced the pattern circling her fingers until she reached the very center of the spiral. Yes, even she got sucked into his whirlpool, but it wasn’t like she didn’t want to.

End of line.

#89 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Apr 6 2007, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm gonna finish this alphabet if it's the last thing I do! :shamefulcry0js:

Underneath

“I don’t know how Kakashi-Sensei ever dealt with us!”
“Trouble with your genin team again?”
“They’re so annoying Sakura-chan, it’s scary.”
“So what did they do this time?”
Naruto blushed. “You don’t want to know.”
“Why not? You tell me everything your team does.”
“Well, it’s just that it involves you.”
Sakura glared at Naruto. “Spill it.”
“Um, you know how Kakashi-Sensei always talks about seeing underneath the underneath?”
“Yeah.”
“I was talking to them about that and . . .,” Naruto whispered the rest into her ear.
“Those brats are dead!” Sakura fumed, intent on injuring some immature genins.

Whirlpool

Sakura took a break from sewing and gazed at the spiral pattern on the back of Naruto’s torn jacket. She smiled realizing how the swirl truly represented Naruto. He had a way of sucking everyone in, like a whirlpool. They would resist at first thinking, “what sort of madness is this crazy kid up to?” But in the end they’d find that it wasn’t madness, it’s just Naruto. She traced the pattern circling her fingers until she reached the very center of the spiral. Yes, even she got sucked into his whirlpool, but it wasn’t like she didn’t want to.

Very nice, I liked these two a lot. smile.gif I gave some clues of how to work with the Xeranthemum prompt in my drabble- look at the two meanings of the flower. smile.gif I haven't done the last prompts other than that one because I was at Costume Con in St Louis from Thursday-Tuesday. Plus I wanted to let someone else finish first. smile.gif Looks like you just have Xeranthemum to do. smile.gif

#90 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

Xeranthemum th_glomp.gif

“Sakura-chan?”
“Naruto, you’re finally awake.”
“What are you doing here?”
“Isn’t it obvious? Oh, I brought you some flowers. Xeranthemums. They remind me of you.”
“I failed again, didn’t I?” Naruto sighed. “Don’t worry, I swear I’ll bring him back. Once I get better . . .”
“Shh. It’s okay Naruto. It’s okay.” Sakura held him close. “Do you have any idea how scared I was?”
“I’m sorry Sakura-chan. I didn’t know.”
“Of course you didn’t.” Sakura smiled. “But, you’re here with me so, it’s okay now. Everything’s gonna be fine.”
Naruto closed his eyes and smiled. “Yeah, it is.”

End of line.

#91 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

AchikaMiyu has claimed godhood. Congrats, on finishing the alphabet. By the way, great work on all your stories. smile.gif

#92 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

*ahem* KLATU....VERRATA....NOM*coughcough*

That didn't work? Fine, fine...Life 3.

Now that I've resurrected this thread... sorry. But I did say that I'd finish all 26 no matter how long it took me, so expect to see this necro'd every 3 months or so!

*matrix-dodges rotten tomatoes* Joke! Really! 3 weeks is probably closer anyway.... a_shifty.gif th_cussing.gif

And congrats again to AchikaMiyu for finishing, and everyone else who contributed to this thread - Ciardha, pocoloco and others, even a couple of mods got in on the fun for a bit!

Oh, right. Here we go....
O is for Obligation

Destroying Orochimaru cost Naruto everything.
Defying the council to chase Sasuke made Naruto a missing-nin.
Naruto was too late, so he had to kill Orochimaru – in Sasuke’s body.
Broke my promise, Sakura-chan.
Impaled on Kusanagi, Naruto began fading away. Inside, Kyuubi tried frantically to heal their body. Naruto suppressed its attempts. Lost Konoha…teme… failed again.
His delirious mind imagined Sakura crying over his body.
Don’t… cry. Couldn’t keep… promise… I’m not… worth it. Better like this, Sakura-chan.
It wasn’t fair to her that Sasuke died and he lived. Naruto was determined to correct that.
He owed Sakura that much.
~~~
It'll get continued...

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#93 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

It's taken me a while to come back to this challenge to finish it up but here's one of the ones I didn't get to

Whirlpool

Hordes of children surrounded Naruto as he walked through the village. They’d circle out and in like a whirlpool. Sakura walked ahead. Some children circled between the two of them, asking her questions then whirling back to Naruto. Naruto had been Hokage and Sakura Head Medic Nin for one month. To these young children they were the greatest heroes of the village. The children also held them as the romantic ideal; they’d heard various version of the great love story of Team 7. The young girls now dreamed of having a romance like that with a boy special to them.

#94 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:27 AM

Well, this follows up the last one I did so you should force yourself to read Obligation first.

L is for Light

Sakura found Naruto motionless, pierced by Kusanagi. She ran screaming to his side, pulling the sword out.
Naruto floated closer to the light. The warm light promised him rest. Naruto reached out.…
"Please come back Naruto-kun." Sakura slumped, putting her head on Naruto’s chest. “Please don’t leave me alone.”
‘Sakura-chan?’
“Promise me…”
‘Sakura-chan…needs me?’
Naruto wearily turned from the light, joining his will with Kyuubi’s. Indescribable pain wracked his healing body.

Head on his heart, Sakura barely heard the words that made her cry tears of joy. “…promise, Sakura-chan.”
‘I’ll stay with you for the rest of my life….’

I'm really not happy with this one. I know what I 'see,' but I can't get it to fit. The entire scene probably shouldn't have been used here, but the keywords are what set them off. Oh well....

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#95 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:50 PM

Hey, only 2 weeks instead of 3... that's pretty good! dry.gif

Z is for Zipper

Naruto stormed into the bathroom. “Sakura-chaaaan, ready ye-urk!”

Sakura’s dress was half-done. “Good timing Naruto. Zip me up?”

Trembling, he slowly pulled her zipper up, tracing the curve of her spine, marveling at her soft skin, reaching where her bra should be… Should be? The implications sent Naruto into full-body twitches. Unfortunately, said twitches made him snap the zipper off Sakura’s dress.

Sighing, Sakura turned. “Oh my, now I have –“ *rustlerustleslip* “nothing… to wear.”

Naruto picked her up bridal-style and rushed for the bed.

‘Third dress this month,’ thought Sakura. She grinned wickedly. ‘Didn’t feel like going out anyway.’

#96 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Jul 5 2007, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, only 2 weeks instead of 3... that's pretty good! dry.gif

Z is for Zipper

Naruto stormed into the bathroom. “Sakura-chaaaan, ready ye-urk!”

Sakura’s dress was half-done. “Good timing Naruto. Zip me up?”

Trembling, he slowly pulled her zipper up, tracing the curve of her spine, marveling at her soft skin, reaching where her bra should be… Should be? The implications sent Naruto into full-body twitches. Unfortunately, said twitches made him snap the zipper off Sakura’s dress.

Sighing, Sakura turned. “Oh my, now I have –“ *rustlerustleslip* “nothing… to wear.”

Naruto picked her up bridal-style and rushed for the bed.

‘Third dress this month,’ thought Sakura. She grinned wickedly. ‘Didn’t feel like going out anyway.’

Bwah hah hah, perfect! So very Naruto and Sakura in a relationship. Obligation and Light were good too, but this one made me laugh, so it's my favorite of yours.

I'm determined to finish this alphabet drabbles, hopefully tonight. I have a couple ideas stirring so I think I should have two more done at least, quite soon. smile.gif

#97 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:09 AM

Vibrant

Takes place in my "Rain or Shine" story universe, shortly after Saori enters the Academy

To say Saori had vibrant hair was an understatement. Sakura and Naruto loved the beautiful mixed palette of their daughter’s hair. Sai, was amazed by it. He enjoyed doing portraits of her since she was an infant, just because the range and intensity of her hair was so interesting. It had caused problems the first day of school. Bullies had taunted her. Saori wasn’t the timid child her mother had been. She took the bullies on, and defeated them. No one tried taunting her again. Her parents were proud of their daughter, who had vibrant nature to match her hair.

#98 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:44 AM

Again in my "Rain or Shine" story universe. Shortly after Naruto and Sakura come to visit Suna, who is finally able to host the Chunin exams. Chimaki is Gaara and Matsuri's son, he's the same age as Saori. They are both in their villages' ninja academies at this time.

Underneath

Naruto and Gaara smiled at how their oldest children had become instant friends. As soon as they greeted another they were running off to play.
Chimaki and Saori chased each other underneath the stands.
“You have pretty hair.” Chimaki said.
Saori was startled, after she’d fought those bullies at school who called her “kyubi mutt girl” she thought her hair must be ugly, no matter what the adults said.
“Thanks. I like your hair.”
“They tease me, say I‘m girly.”
“Who does? ”
“The kids at school”
“They said my hair was ugly. So I beat them up.”
“Wow, cool.”

#99 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:58 AM

No explaining necessary. smile.gif

Yes

“Sakura chan?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you love me?” Naruto’s heart was beating hard, it was so scary to ask this question. More scary than a lot of the battles he’d fought.

Sakura looked at Naruto fondly. The medic nin part of herself noted his stressed conditions. She wondered if she told him the truth, that she loved him with all her heart, if it would be more stressful for his body to have that sudden release from relief and endorphins from the joy. She laughed inside this was Naruto not one of her patients. “Yes, I do, with all my heart.”

#100 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:14 AM

Last one! In "Rain or Shine" universe during the time Naruto and Sakura are teaching their Genin teams.

Zipper

Sakura playful ran the zipper up and down on Naruto’s jacket. As they were at a nice restaurant the flirting had to stay within bounds or they might be asked to leave. Everyone knew they were the Legendary Rabbit Pair and almost expected to see public intercourse. It was an exaggeration, but she admitted, not by much.

“Heh, Sakura chan.” Naruto’s voice had taken on a husky sexual tone. He played with strands of her hair, also restraining himself.

“Hope dinner comes soon, I’m getting more an appetite for something else instead.” Her eyes were lusty as was her smile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users