Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

This is actually a fair point. Of the "main" characters, so few face any real repercussions for an incredibly violent conflict.

If you were to take a tally of how many "Good guy" characters actually died (ones that Naruto actually knew.) you'd be woefully surprised. During that war, miraculously, only NEJI out of all of Naruto's friends is the only one to die :zaru: Okay then. 

But to add to Naruto's body count; Jiraiya. his parents that he never knew until after they had died. Itachi, Nagato, Konan were all enemies and not exactly CLOSE to him. And his friends parents who also do not really matter emotionally to HIM. I suppose you could count Haku and Zabuza, but I really wouldn't. 

Agree, i think onoki should have died too. All the Kage got out of there alive

Lee or Guy should have died, Sai could have died ( even though i like his character), Yamato could have died like a hero instead of being side lined.

The war to begin with shouldn't have been shinobi vs zetsus/zombies
A true ninja war would've been better
The alliance could have been a result of the war and part of Naruto's plan to end the cycle of hatred

I think killing two people from one team might have been extreme, but yea, Yamato, Sai, Tsunade, They all would have been decent to drive a further emotional impact. Onoki too. if you're going to have a war, give it an actual impact. KILL people, not just one person we give a damn about. 

Neji wasn't even that close to Naruto anyways :zaru: Sai would have been a way better choice...and I LIKE Sai. ( better bro then Sasuke ever was.)

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#82 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:01 AM

MORE people should have died in Naruto. Hinata should have been exhanged for Neji, Gai should have kicked it...Tsunade, as much as I love her could have gone...kitten, Orichimaru too! just kill all the Sannin. More drama. 

The only person who deserved to kittening die was Sasuke. Still mad he had Kishi's love/plot shield.

#83 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

I would Argue Orochimaru deserved to die too :zaru: the rest of it was not about deserving so much as it was about making an actual impact and you know...making sense that lots of people you love die in a war. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#84 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:41 AM

I agree especially on the ginny part.  :thumbsup:

Yeah I won't mention how many times I feel the need to defend Ginny's charactor when she gets compared to Hinata.

I don't know why Hinata is really liked, or why Sakura is hated, but I always felt many fans never got over the first impressions of both charactors. Hinata is the only person in the manga never to have been shown as thinking negatively of Naruto, even Iruka had  issues with him because of his pranks and the third hokage is considered by many an idiot who let the secret of Naruto have the nine tails sealed in him out, (though looking at the flashback it's likely to be the Hyuuga gaurd of his.)

Sakura on other hand was a vain girl who disliked Naruto, though I found that interesting because Sakura disliked Naruto because she misunderstood his flirting as him picking on her. Allot of them also fail to acknowledge how she was the first person after Iruka to believe he could become Hokage, her charactor grew but Sasuke was a sticking point, I don't think many thought she ever loved Sasuke, her feelngs for him were always shown as skin deep, and hated her for making Naruto make that promise.  I still believe Kishi planned to have Sakura's charactor grow realising she didn't love Sasuke, early parts of the second part showed her wanting to get Sasuke back for Naruto more than herself, but sometime after the Pain arc he changed his mind. Maybe he had been convinced that Hinata's actions during the invasion meant she should be with Naruto. Then Sakuras charactor took another beating with her confession and failed assasination. It gave the haters more reason to hate her, then after she got the diamond on her foerhead she was shown as needing saving straight away, again fueling the haters, and the entire Kaguya arc was just charactor assasination after another, she got turned into a beaten scared wife around Sasuke. Kishi is to blame for Sakura's hate, because everytime she had a positive moment he always manged to ruin it. While I used to think there was more to it than that, but the way it ended really makes me wonder if I read too much in her actions and the haters were correct, because in the end the people who hated Sakura were the ones that were proven correct, she didn't grow up from the girl we saw in Chapter 3, who liked the popular kid in class.

iAnby7W.gif

#85 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

IMO the Sakura hate was never justified when compared to the other characters. The villains did worse than her and Hinata surpasses her when it comes to obsessive love. Sakura was strong and smart and saved many lives; She supported Naruto
- was the first one to defeat an Akatsuki member
- Saved Hinata's Naruto's Chiyo's and Kankuro's lives
- Crashed into Deidara and Sasori's cave
- saved Naruto again through CPR

etc etc.
Her good outweighed the bad; Sure she did some mistakes but so did other characters.
The massive hate only comes from her being the heroine and Naruto's love interest and liking Sasuke; she was judged 100x harder than the other characters.
Her only truly horrible moment was at the end when she was reduced to her lovesick 12 self again.
But other than that Sakura was a great character. Better than Hinata at least.

#86 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

I know, Sakura was a better character than Hinata. It's funny how even Hinata fans kept calling Sakura useless and stupid even when she was saving Naruto's life and Hinata was making out with dirt. When they ran out of things to say they were flaming her for not washing her hands or popping a mint before starting CPR. lol They were projecting their insatisfaction with their favorite character on Sakura.

#87 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

I don't hate Hinata.

She just suffers from poor development like majority of Kishimoto's female characters. 

#88 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah I won't mention how many times I feel the need to defend Ginny's charactor when she gets compared to Hinata.

They are two totally different characters. While both operate on the periphery of the "main three," Ginny actually grows as an individual. She's seen dating other guys, acting independently, focusing on her own life, and actually leading the resistance at Hogwarts during book 7. Hinata is shown.... tripping over a rock.

#89 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

Because of her boobs? Serioulsly though I rather have a woman Like Sakura than Hinata

Here's my thing. Out of all of the characters that I obsess over, I can guarantee you that I immediately hated all of them. Even my anime queen Ren Kougyoku. 

And the reason why is because all of them, especially Sakura, reminded me of my older self. Like when I was 12, and not 20. And all of their developments resemble me now. I would have never thought that I would fall in love with Sakura 8 years ago. But I did. And no, 699 is not canon to me. I'm not letting that change my view on her development. Don't care at all if people say I'm defiant. I chose to love Sakura because I thought she was the example of what a maturing girl should be, and it's gonna stay that way.

The only thing me and Hinata have in common are big boobs. And I hate them. So that's a no go. Seriously body image is so overrated, just like Hinata's popularity.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#90 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

You know what's odd though? Orihime from Bleach has bigger boobs and is a much more sexualized character than Hinata yet everyone who's entered the Bleach fandom knows that Inoue is quite a hated character. Kubo himself had to defend her.
What is it about Hinata and her lovesickness that gets a free pass? Why are her "Naruto-kuns" judged as "cute" while other female characters are hated for fangirling? Obnoxious SP themselves made fun of this double standard in omakes where Sakura gets jealous because Hinata is more "popular" than her.
Hinata has lost all her battles; She's never won a single fight in the manga. She can't heal or use superstrength or have any standing jutsu beside basic hyuuga attacks (which her cousin Neji is far better at) yet people still give her excuses and say that she's more "useful" than Sakura? SERIOUSLY??
This Hinata worship is such a joke and completely unjustified.

#91 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:56 PM

You know what's odd though? Orihime from Bleach has bigger boobs and is a much more sexualized character than Hinata yet everyone who's entered the Bleach fandom knows that Inoue is quite a hated character. Kubo himself had to defend her.
What is it about Hinata and her lovesickness that gets a free pass? Why are her "Naruto-kuns" judged as "cute" while other female characters are hated for fangirling? Obnoxious SP themselves made fun of this double standard in omakes where Sakura gets jealous because Hinata is more "popular" than her.
Hinata has lost all her battles; She's never won a single fight in the manga. She can't heal or use superstrength or have any standing jutsu beside basic hyuuga attacks (which her cousin Neji is far better at) yet people still give her excuses and say that she's more "useful" than Sakura? SERIOUSLY??
This Hinata worship is such a joke and completely unjustified.

Nonsense

Pierrot disagrees. They were making efforts to replace Sakura long before this movie. It was much more subtle back then compared to now, however.

#92 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:19 AM

This Hinata character has been a complete blight on this manga. Her and timeskip Sasuke were the worst things to happen to this series. This manga had so much potential, but then it started go downhill once it become obvious that Kishimoto had a big Uchiha fetish (recently taken to proportions as retarded as Naruto only being interested in Sakura because of his demented poorly developed obsession with Sasuke). Then, jump to chapter 615 and we get Neji dying for nothing just to warrant SP's precious Hinata-hime-sama having an OOC interaction with Naruto. Then, jump to the movie and we get 110 minutes of retcons, character-derailment and complete disregard of the fact that there was very little resolution in the final two chapters of the manga. You'd think Kishimoto would at least use the movie to fill in the blanks, but nope, can't inconvenience his precious Hinata-hime-sama by giving her less screen time in any fashion whatsoever. Nope, gotta make room for never-before-seen plot-hole inducing flashbacks, a cliche over-the-top completely out-of-nowhere villain whose sole function is getting Naruto and Hinata together and Naruto acting in a way that completely disregards how he's acted throughout the entire 700 chapter manga. Good god, whoever knew a token stock character could have so much influence over a 15 year running fictional series What a disaster. I hope little miss Hinata's movie tanks HARD. I hope that somewhere out their, the real Naruto shoves a rasengan through this movie's box office receipts.

Honestly, the gary stu (Sasuke) and newly appointed mary sue (Hinata) of this series deserve each other as opposed to derailing other characters and making me regret the last 9 years I've spent supporting this series.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 26 November 2014 - 03:25 AM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#93 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:14 AM

The only thing me and Hinata have in common are big boobs. And I hate them. So that's a no go. Seriously body image is so overrated, just like Hinata's popularity.

STOP! Dont hate your body just because silly hinata has. Which btw she wasnt a titty monster, fans just began that kitten and then SP and Kishi got ear of that and from then on she began to be characterized as having big boobs.

Anyways, I really dont think I dislike who is hinata but what her characters had made her to be. I still do not understand why she is so popular, maybe people self insert on her or think she is cute, I dont know but it has gotten incredibly annoying. It has gotten to the point where... well. This kitten movie happened.

#94 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:my interests? well, they are ever evolving as life goes on.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:27 AM

Hmm, I dislike Hinata, well, I feel like people are idolizong her for doing something SO incredibly important when the last time she has had relevance was Neji's death and relevancy in the movie is cause NH and her sister. If she is better than the heroine of the series, then tell me how come she hasn't been super duper important for something SHE has done? I hope I didn't bash the character, if so, I sincerely apologize.
rsz_photo_1_zps7fb3fb6d.jpg

do you wanna build a snowman?  
{ i would love to meet you! }

#95 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:35 AM

I dislike her character's development... that all...kishi should make her more beside being a fangirl to naruto...i think she would be a cool character if she manages to lead her clan alongside with her sister, hanabi...

Edited by melovechoco, 26 November 2014 - 04:42 AM.

2ivn2tv.jpg

#96 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:03 AM

This movie opened up my eyes on her development as a character and how that was handled in the end.... I really dislike her now. I wish she never existed or actually had some development. So much for change the Hyuga clan. Hanabi is a better character than her at this point. Nothing more. :hm:

I have never hated a character this much until now. Way to go Hinata.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#97 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:The four main shounen manga. Animation in general.

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Nonsense

Pierrot disagrees. They were making efforts to replace Sakura long before this movie. It was much more subtle back then compared to now, however.

Sigh. I've never really understood this. Multiple times that have they tried to put her at the same level as Sakura. Chakra control? That was Sakura's thing. Medic prowess? Completely hers out of all of Rookie Nine. So what was the purpose of glorifying her character? Why not put the same effort for Sakura?

Did you guys see the episode when Sakura got her seal? The animation was simply terrible but Hinata's hand holding thing got amazing animation, an opening and an ending.

There should be some kind of limit over fangirling over an otherwise baseless character.

Edited by Paperman, 27 November 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#98 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

Sigh. I've never really understood this. Multiple times that have they tried to put her at the same level as Sakura. Chakra control? That was Sakura's thing. Medic prowess? Completely hers out of all of Rookie Nine. So what was the purpose of glorifying her character? Why not put the same effort for Sakura?

Did you guys see the episode when Sakura got her seal? The animation was simply terrible but Hinata's hand holding thing got amazing animation, an opening and an ending.

There should be some kind of limit over fangirling over an otherwise baseless character.

even the Pain fight had great animation. 

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#99 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

even the Pain fight had great animation. 

professor_frink_sarcasm_detector-68030.g

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#100 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:54 AM

I despise this character and her fans. Overrated as hell...
Seriously you've ever seen a shipping fandom get their own movie? I'm not talking about plot-related romance couples (ex Link/Zelda from LOZ or Inuyasha/Kagome) I'm talking about a one-sided pairing that had no chance in canon and was suddenly pulled out of the ass as endgame.
NH is a disgrace to shipping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users