591 replies to this topic

#81 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

This version of Obito (Tobi is different altogether) is actually kind of likable (not that his complexities weren't already appealing to some fans). There's not a chance in hell that anything in any amount will ever truly heal the gashes left by Obito's appalling list of crimes, but this chapter makes a good start for some level of healing. I like how he didn't waste any time and took the reigns of the operation immediately after coming around. It's evidence that his priorities, and his heart, are in the right place. And everyone seems to be capable of pitching in somehow. How interesting is it that Obito's presence would inspire this much enthusiasm and solidarity when Sasuke was having difficulty just trying to be heard over Naruto's barking while the others watched quietly from afar? That just goes to show how volatile Team 7 is, as many people have already mentioned. 

Resurrecting Madara is not one of Tobirama's wiser choices of action. He's a loose cannon that could go off once he's resummoned. With Hashirama at the ready, they could restrain him but it would waste valuable time. I did like that sample of edginess from Tobirama though when the issue of sacrifices was brought up. It shows how he's willing to go to lengths that his brother would consider to be too morally reprehensible to think of; helps distinguish them from each other in ways beyond appearances and powers.

Hagoromo must be expecting the Hokages to accomplish something if he's materialising at random from bisected corpses. Cut down the tree? Teleport to where Naruto is and act as support? Discover whatever is being stowed away in that structure in the background of these dimensions? Whatever the role is, the importance might be as great as resealing Kaguya herself. Cue the expository monologues about this detail or that since there's still bits and pieces of the whole truth that we're still missing. 

It was a decent chapter. This could lead to something more impressive for Sakura. There's already a noticeable uplift in the mood of the team. More enthusiasm, a greater willingness to work at a common aim...

Kishi offered a nice tidbit of information about chakra supplies. Sakura apparently has more than 50% of Naruto ("that's not enough" to Naruto's clone versus "that's barely enough" to Sakura). At first glance that may not seem like much, having more chakra than a clone, but when you consider how much chakra that's being consolidated into one body because of the nine bijuu and whatever Ashura is providing, it's quite a good amount.

Edited by Atheck, 02 July 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#82 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

It's a possibility, but I think scenaristically speaking, it would be better for Kishi to make them go together.
Also, how would Naruto's clone and Sakura pass their chakra to Obito ? The only way is for them to go with him IMO

Or, maybe, I say maybe, they will only help him to create the vortex and Obito will go in the dimension alone by touching him ?

But I don't know that would be odd.

Also, how do Obito plan to go back ? If they go together will he has enough chakra to send them back at least ? Will Sasuke share his chakra ? LOL Maybe it would be simple if he would go alone... I don't know...

Also, something is weird because Sakura was supposed to have no more chakra left lol ^^

And now she has "an enormous amount" of it ^^

Be happy Kishimoto is asspulling power for her too. LOL it's a mark of respect he gives to major characters only LOL
Since she said she had no more chakra left, before saving Naruto's life, she kept uses her Byakugo.

Why didn't she used it back then to save Naruto ? LOL

Plot device just to make her 'kiss' him LOL

oohh Kishimoto... you little perv.....

Lol, true in a way haha.

But the thing is the chakra outside the seal was going down, I guess?! She still had her seal intact, but yeah, I know what you mean.

As for Obito needing chakra, well, Sakura will most probably be stuck to him all the time, because as we've seen, when she gives chakra support, she touches the target in cause, so to speak, hehe.

As for what I said earlier, you guys, I know, it's just that the placement to me smells fishy. I am not saying is gonna happen immediately just that it might happen.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#83 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Kishi offered a nice tidbit of information about chakra supplies. Sakura apparently has more than 50% of Naruto ("that's not enough" to Naruto's clone versus "that's barely enough" to Sakura). At first glance that may not seem like much, having more chakra than a clone, but when you consider how much chakra that's being consolidated into one body because of the nine bijuu and whatever Ashura is providing, it's a quite a good amount.

Yeah I thought about that too.

Lol, true in a way haha.

But the thing is the chakra outside the seal was going down, I guess?! She still had her seal intact, but yeah, I know what you mean.

As for Obito needing chakra, well, Sakura will most probably be stuck to him all the time, because as we've seen, when she gives chakra support, she touches the target in cause, so to speak, hehe.

As for what I said earlier, you guys, I know, it's just that the placement to me smells fishy. I am not saying is gonna happen immediately just that it might happen.

Yeah at that time, if she had chakra left in her seal, why she didn't use it to save Naruto ? LOL

It was convenient for Kishimoto at that time to make her chakra deprived. LOL

About what you said, the setting and all... well, Obito will die soon. So he will have some closure, so Rin will be included in the process IMO. So, it's a possibility that Obito will make a comment about Sakura.

But I think even if he doesn't do it, the similarity is already obvious =) I just would like him to say something, or a little hint, IDK. We'll see ^^

Edited by Otaru, 02 July 2014 - 09:18 AM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#84 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

Interesting chapter not as big as last week but still. Nice to know that Sakura will make Sasuke eat his words soon. Loved the edo and Sage bit whether or not Madara is dead something tells me he will be back given his lower body being shown. Well might get a rin parallel soon. I wonder if Naruto ability is only temporary since it is for Obito does that mean Kakshi will lose his eye and Gai will die? Also I would love it if Obito tell Sasuke the words he used on Kakashi about scum.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 02 July 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#85 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

@Otaru truuuu. She said she had no more chakra left, but she apparently still has plenty in her seal, so she was talking about her 'base' (dunno what else to call it lmao) chakra. Logically, she should've used the chakra in her seal but Kishi had her not do so just to input the CPR scene. Nice.

I like how everyone in this manga seems to instinctively know things. Like how Obito knows that because it's not his dimension it'll require more chakra - well, that much is obvious but, he seems to know exactly how much chakra will be required, as he says Naruto's clone isn't enough, and that + Sakura's byakugou chakra will barely be enough. Everyone's so smart.

Anyway, I was expecting Sasuke to be stuck in that dimension by himself for a while and tbh I wish that was so but alas, it was not meant to be. I wonder if they'll have to fight anyone once they get to that dimension though, because to send Sasuke away only to bring him back a few chapters later with little hassle would be kind of stupid and pointless...

Oh! And yeah, I'm worried about Gai too. Since it was implied that Obito will still die, even though Naruto helped him recover, it would make sense if that was the case for Gai, too. How will they save him? I mean, of course he'll live but I'm wondering how they will manage to keep him alive permanently.. hmm.

Edited by Hiraishin, 02 July 2014 - 09:36 AM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#86 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

Interesting chapter not as big as last week but still. Nice to know that Sakura will make Sasuke eat his words soon. Loved the edo and Sage bit whether or not Madara is dead something tells me he will be back given his lower body being shown. Well might get a rin parallel soon. I wonder if Naruto ability is only temporary since it is for Obito does that mean Kakshi will lose his eye and Gai will die? Also I would love it if Obito tell Sasuke the words he used on Kakashi about scum.

Obito will die whatever happens because he lost a bijuu. Gai will live. Kakashi will keep his old eye until he get Obito's both eyes. LOL

I'm sure of it.

#87 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

I'm pretty much aware of all of that and what Kishi is doing I have said that so many times myself I'm not denying that she wants to save him because she cares . But Sasuke acknowledging them as T7 has nothing to do with why she originally wanted his acknowledgement , I will just put in here what I said previously (the only reason she wanted that acknowledgement was because Sasuke was the "top dog" then and gaining that it would have made her feel like she was acknowledge by everyone get their respect bc the girls didn't like her and belittle her and they were all into Sasuke .) But perhaps I'm wrong about this and her original desire changed just like with her feelings for Sasuke . 

I still believe if Sasuke acknowledges her it would be when he acknowledges T7 as whole .

The bolded is what I was trying to say. Sure in the academy days she only cared for Sasuke's acknowledgment because he was the cool kid, but that all changed after Team 7 was formed.

From then on Sasuke became a comrade and not just some cool kid in school, therefore Sakura's wish for acknowledgment also changed, it became about their role as Team 7.

The acknowledgment as a comrade will surely come after the Naruto vs Sasuke fight. The only thing I would expect now is a passing mention of Sasuke about how Sakura contributed. Nothing big, just enough for Sakura to believe that the old Sasuke (who values Team 7) is still there and that Naruto will definitely bring him back.

If Sakura can believe by herself (without reassurance of Naruto) in the potential good Sasuke, and after that realization she confesses to Naruto again, then there will be no room to doubt her feelings like it happened in the Summit arc.

#88 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

I see a Sakura very much worried about Sasuke's conditions  Sadly SS is most like canon at this rate....

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#89 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

@Otaru truuuu. She said she had no more chakra left, but she apparently still has plenty in her seal, so she was talking about her 'base' (dunno what else to call it lmao) chakra. Logically, she should've used the chakra in her seal but Kishi had her not do so just to input the CPR scene. Nice.

I like how everyone in this manga seems to instinctively know things. Like how Obito knows that because it's not his dimension it'll require more chakra - well, that much is obvious but, he seems to know exactly how much chakra will be required, as he says Naruto's clone isn't enough, and that + Sakura's byakugou chakra will barely be enough. Everyone's so smart.

Anyway, I was expecting Sasuke to be stuck in that dimension by himself for a while and tbh I wish that was so but alas, it was not meant to be. I wonder if they'll have to fight anyone once they get to that dimension though, because to send Sasuke away only to bring him back a few chapters later with little hassle would be kind of stupid and pointless...

Oh! And yeah, I'm worried about Gai too. Since it was implied that Obito will still die, even though Naruto helped him recover, it would make sense if that was the case for Gai, too. How will they save him?

I loved to see Sasuke walking alone in the desert. LOL

IMO it's not pointless, the purpose is to make Sakura save his ass. LOL

#90 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Obito will die whatever happens because he lost a bijuu. Gai will live. Kakashi will keep his old eye until he get Obito's both eyes. LOL

I'm sure of it.

Well maybe the eye bit will happen :P

#91 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

So this is an interesting chapter, obito comes back and gets his resolve to fight and die.

The hokage are reunited and not sure what to do next, though it answered a deal I wanted to know for a while that if an edo tensei could use the edo tensei technique. Apparently they could.

Hagoromo appearing was quite a strange deal, he kinda popped out like a genie. Guess he will inform them and send them to the others. Kinda funny how the lower half Sasuke cut out before is still around.

The rescue of others from the tree is not as simple as cutting others off the tree, minato must have used his mouth to hold a knife and try to cut them.

As for obito well this was a good chapter for him, it's definately shown he is changed and has the mindset to fix his mistake and die in the process of for redemption,

While naruto himself faces kagyua. I do find it interesting about what his clone (still technically him) and sakura will do with obito. Perhaps this is part of that non combat role sakura would have in the fight, I mean something had to happen rather than just her with Kakashi to watch the fight. Maybe this will be a moment where Sasuke eats his words in who is useless? I doubt a SS moment will come as some crazy fans will want, I mean we still got the biggest SS killer 3 weeks ago with what Sasuke did and said about not directly saving them. If anything I wouldn't be suprised if Sasuke still acts like a jerk to her. I see it as obito uses the chakra of both narutos clone (but not to the point he disappears) and sakura to breach the dimensions, some event will happen with obito, then Sasuke is back and the fight resumes. Otherwise this could just be again, when Sasuke is seen, is won't be suprised for another negative SS moment and naruto ready to defend sakura in anycase.

So otherwise kagyua may be heading to face Sasuke since he is alone, Kakashi wouldn't fight kagyua so since he is going nowhere I suspect he will stick around and try to free naruto while the others dimension jump.as Kakashi said they are prepared to die, well I suspect only obito too as many others have been waiting in when this would happen with his redemption. I feel he may be the one to sacrifice himself to leave a mark on kagyua that she becomes vulnerable to defeat for naruto and Sasuke.

Well it wasn't the worst or best chapter, I'm glad sakura is getting a job again and working with obito and naruto (even though it's his clone) and not going to be suprised if we get more negative SS moments because Sasuke is a jerk. Also still possible for ns stuff to happen, even if it's slight like when naruto saved sakura from Madara and stood up for her and Kakashi she Sasuke said let them fall.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#92 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

Man, what's up with Orihime and that clothes? Was that really needed? I guess final arc screams for one final fan service.

Oh, sorry, just wondering how come not wearing the same as two arcs ago. It's like if Sakura goes back to her own clothes, she will be unzipped. Anyway, this chapter is...pretty interesting and that's a big plus to my interest. I should get this out of the way, but I was a bit shocked that the idea of Sasuke disappeared didn't have too much effect outside the fact they do need him for the seal, but nothing like, "Sasuke is dead! Sasuke is dead! Technically he's around, but he still DEAD!" So...yeah, I'm pleased. I guess some of us called it wrong. I guess I should continue to curse. But first, the review.

I'm happy to see Obito back up and going. I'm also happy that the stuff that Naruto did doesn't save a life or prevent death. It seems like it is inevitable. Good, balance in the series, even with gods' stuff being brought up. It's only so much you can do. Thumbs up. Anyway, I do like the mood in here to have all of them don't want to be useless or anything, and if they don't know that they will do good or not, best to do whatever the cost because it's do or die. It almost felt like all the energy/motivation was brought back to them once Sasuke is gone. Go figure. Don't be surprised all of them will go Hashirama's depression once Sasuke is back. Haha.

Speaking of Hashirama, it would seem the setup for Hokages is about to end as we now have them interacting Hagoromo. This could lead two things: the way to stop the tree, or to send them to where Team 7 + Obito is at. Hagoromo was there to see the entire event, so we'll see where he will lead them. On one hand, stopping the tree can be the choice. On the other hand, going to where Team 7 is at can also be it because well need another Rinnengan to stop it and Minato hinted that he (at the very least) got to meet Naruto. Plus, it does seem like fighting against Kaguya would be the dead end to many, if you understood the mood of this chapter. But again, we'll see. At least now, we will know Hokages' purpose.

Naruto is getting beatdown of his life by fighting nature, brought to you by Kaguya. Remember, always respect your mother or bad things can happen. As many pointed out, a bonus moment is Sakura fearing for Naruto's life while being crushed. At least he's ok, but man, he's getting beaten down as Sasuke wonders if he will bump into Drake from Uncharted. Anyway, to me, this got me saying, selfishly, "Thank God it was Sasuke that got transferred." As one called it, Obito is going to use his kamui to cross dimensions, when Kaguya does hers. The problem is it's all random game, so he got to hope he can see what's going on and find Sasuke asap. Otherwise, it all goes in vein. So the question is will they actually get Sasuke back or something else will happen. I don't know but Kaguya in one panel seems like she doesn't like where this is going, so she may be ready to take them out. It should be interesting to see. Oh, and Naruto and Sakura going with Obito...that...is scary for other pairing fans. Best to hope to avoid at all cost. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. It too can be false alarm. Still, this setup...pretty convenience.

Lastly, which is my favorite part, it's the what could be the last sendoff, though I think there will be more since it's more about what just happened recently, the thank you from Naruto. I guess you got to wait for anything that needed to be addressed, no matter how long. I wonder...Anyway, the whole Obito's response is so nice to see how much stuff he has gone through and went 90 to be his old self again. The least he can do is to help the new generation live and succeed as he will sacrifice his life for it. Naruto saying he doesn't have a mask anymore is also a nice touch. It seems like his character is almost done. Hopefully, his farewell will be a satisfying one.

Overall, this was a pretty interesting chapter and I like the whole setup having them to go all do or die and not feel like, "So who has the popcorn?" I also believe it will continue this way to the very end. Everyone is gathering up and if Hokages do show up there, we got our final battle ready. But time will tell on this, anything can go differently. It definitely raised my interest for the next chapter, so here's to the greatness that is yet to come.

#93 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hagoromo came out when Hashirama touched Madara's kitten. LOL

#94 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Lol, Mangastream now says that Sakura's chakra is "more than enough"... I am curious which one is right, tho I tend to believe MP..

#95 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

Lol, Mangastream now says that Sakura's chakra is "more than enough"... I am curious which one is right, tho I tend to believe MP..

If her chakra was more than enough, then no need to take Naruto's clone

I'm sticking to MP too

#96 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

If her chakra was more than enough, then no need to take Naruto's clone

I'm sticking to MP too

Well, in the end the result is kinda the same... her chakra is more than enough for Obito + Naruto's clone. No matter how you put it actually, the result is the same.

#97 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

Calling all translators! Calling all translators! We are in need of translations. Thank you.

Well, here we go again. XD

#98 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

Well this does do one thing if justice, helps us get a bit if an better idea or how much energy sakura is packing, I mean given how we saw what she did with the initial seal release in 632 was a good display but ironically, when she used the stronger technique, the strength of 100 one on Madara, well cause he blocked it we didn't get a good enough idea of how much stronger she became. Maybe this will throw some more light in?

I suspect that for the trip, both naruto and sakura will need to fuel the jumps, one too and the other back from the dimension. For anything else I doubt something bad will befall sakura at this point, really this whole divide up naruto and Sasuke deal, I suspect Kishi did it not only as a means for what obito must do but also open a bit more about kaguyas power and what she is exactly. Even with the mention if them ready to die by what Kakashi said, I doubt anything will happen to team 7, mostly obito is the only one to go as he said he was prepared to, Kakashi may otherwise he was always the most likely of team 7 vulnerable to being killed. Sakura just has too many other reasons remaining to just be killed off as haters hope she would back in others like 663 and when Madara popped in to strike her and get his rinnegan back. While there will be some form of a struggle, I bet sakura will be fine due to naruto and obito.

So as another chapter passes, it was a pretty good one, just waiting to see how this scales up and what happens next. Ns still has the lead and some stuff could occur, even minor, a rin sakura parallel is still possible given obito is around, and well I won't be suprised if Sasuke is still an ASS regarding how he put down sakura a few chapters ago. Even if he did defend her once, it wouldn't make a difference due to SS still just being problematic story wise and being so under built and just so strained and constrictive, not to mention sakura has grown more with naruto and Sasuke just never has a purpose for romance at this point. Even if Sasuke did save sakura once on his own choice in the current situation in the coming chapters, this wouldn't change anything. Ns has still made itself and set itself with plenty of development, pacing, hints, and reason apart from nh and SS. It's just a slow gradual process for sakura to move away from Sasuke, it's just development and in that same way it would be the same process that brought her closer to naruto.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#99 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

Random scenario in my head:

*Naruto touches Sakura's seal to either pass or take chakra in order to help Obito*

You still have a charming forehead.

#100 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

Well, in the end the result is kinda the same... her chakra is more than enough for Obito + Naruto's clone. No matter how you put it actually, the result is the same.

Not exactly because her chakra won't be used to send Naruto's clone too.

On the contrary, Naruto's clone is needed because her chakra alone is not enough.

But I don't care about those details. =)

Also, Mangastream is making a lot of mistranslations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users