#81 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jun 9 2012, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh really?? I should probably point you to the Six Day War, then. If anything, this War (in Naruto Time) will at least be 5 days max.

Also heard of the "Hundred Years" war. omfg.gif wink.gif

I'd be surprised if the series wrapped up in less than +100 chapters.
Besides the inevitable Naruto-Sasuke conflict (which I'm guessing will come after the war winds down), there are some open threads which I hope get payed off:
- Eye-in-the-Moon plan requires all the Bijuus
- That early Gaara arc made it clear that Akatsuki's plans would threaten Naruto's life

I *want* nine-tails to be extracted by Tobi:
- Makes Tobi's ultimate plan a possibility (If it works, maybe cause the combined army & Kages turn against Naruto?)
- Even if we know he will get better, it still threatens Naruto's life
- Weakens Naruto (even if only temporarily), which would require him to rely on his friends
- Now that he has befriended nine-tails, Naruto would want to rescue him/her/it

I wonder how Tobi's plans would have changed, if Kabuto didn't offer his services at the last moment.
Even though half the allied army was wiped out by Zetsu's clones, it seems like that threat has been neutralized (especially with black Zetsu pushing up daises).

#82 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jun 11 2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Besides the inevitable Naruto-Sasuke conflict (which I'm guessing will come after the war winds down), there are some open threads which I hope get payed off:
- That early Gaara arc made it clear that Akatsuki's plans would threaten Naruto's life

- Makes Tobi's ultimate plan a possibility (If it works, maybe cause the combined army & Kages turn against Naruto?)
- Weakens Naruto (even if only temporarily), which would require him to rely on his friends

I wonder how Tobi's plans would have changed, if Kabuto didn't offer his services at the last moment.
Even though half the allied army was wiped out by Zetsu's clones, it seems like that threat has been neutralized (especially with black Zetsu pushing up daises).

Plus, Suigetsu discovered a scroll from Orochimaru's hideout that could lead to anything.

And Naruto has to assume the role of the sage. Not just by looking like his silhouette (which he does now) but by wielding his powers and defeating whatever evil he has to overcome. So that means some sort of powerup to get there. And I just don't think it's going to come on the battlefield.

Often in the hero's journey formula, there is a moment before the big conclusion where it looks like everything is resolved. And it is, all the loose plotlines are pretty much wrapped up. But then the final, deepest battle presents itself. And the hero must draw on everything thus far to defeat this last opponent. And everything is riding on this last battle, that only he can fight and have a hope of winning.

So, if this manga follows anything like a hero's journey plot (driving up suspense with a lull then tension, a lull then tension, etc.), it's easy to expect the war to be resolved but greater battles to still remain.

#83 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I found an amusing edit for this chapter:

Heh, take that Tobi. Your punches are nowhere as painful as Sakura.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#84 Heaven on Earth

Heaven on Earth

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jun 13 2012, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif haha. Now I really want to see Sakura beats Tobi.

#85 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jun 13 2012, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As to this edit, Naruto would've said Sakura directly... I think he was referring to Kamui

#86 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jun 13 2012, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As to this edit, Naruto would've said Sakura directly... I think he was referring to Kamui

That takes away all the fuun *yaawns*

Or just that he says "Uhm, no Sakura! I meant Kamui, please let me live argh1.png "

ナルサク

#87 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jun 13 2012, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"A Leaf Village girl" ? O_o
OTP and my Bby

#88 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jun 13 2012, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (sushi. @ Jun 13 2012, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That takes away all the fuun *yaawns*

Or just that he says "Uhm, no Sakura! I meant Kamui, please let me live argh1.png "

Correction: Its "Karui" from the Cloud village. Kamui is Kakashi's ultimate Sharingan attack.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#89 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Jun 14 2012, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel so empty whenever there's no chapter.... V_v

Me too Konan-chan. Me too. Woke up yesterday squeeing my pants until I realized- BREAK TIME argh1.png
OTP and my Bby

#90 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

We just have to make it through the weekend for the next chapter. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#91 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jun 12 2012, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think so...
because tobi got a portion of the kyuubi's chakra when he captured both gold&silver brothers, and he already got a portion of bee's chakra, let's wait and see what he is going to do with those.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#92 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Jun 11 2012, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Kurama is extracted from Naruto he will die just not right away, It was said that Kushina was going to die due to having Kurama extracted from her.

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Jun 14 2012, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think so...
because tobi got a portion of the kyuubi's chakra when he captured both gold&silver brothers, and he already got a portion of bee's chakra, let's wait and see what he is going to do with those.

How did he get a portion of B's chakra?

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#93 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14 2012, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that "kawarimi" had a portion of eight tails chakra if u read the previous mangas u will see it.
and tobi confirms it later kabuto says that tobi is in a "Hurry".
SK-303_image007.jpg

#94 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14 2012, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Kurama is extracted from Naruto he will die just not right away, It was said that Kushina was going to die due to having Kurama extracted from her.

Yes, but Kushina did not have a pink-haired medic (who has the talent to one day surpass the current Kage) by her side. sakura.gif
That's part of why I want the extraction... possibly the only way Naruto will survive is if Sakura shows that she has been working hard on the problem, after what happened to Gaara.

#95 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 15 2012, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We can't be 100% certain the extraction would kill Naruto, he's a special case in many way first he is a Uzumaki, so he's not likely to be killed straight away, also Kushina didn't die from having Kurama extracted from her she died from a giant claw someone with the skill of Tsunade (and Sakura) might have the abilty to save her in such a position, Second he has been feeding off the Kyuubi Chakra for 10months before he was born so his body might have adapted enough to be able to produce Kyuubi chakra on it's own, His birth was essentially him being extracted from the Bijuu (The gold and silver brothers had whisker marks like Naruto, gained from feeding off Karutma's chakra when he swallowed them, yet after they were freed they were still able to creak Kyuubi chakra within them. the whisker marks could mean the same for Naruto) and lastly, he got a gift from the other Bijuu's with the exception of one and eight, and that might be the key to save Naruto if Karuma was extracted from him. (Also lets not forget Naruto seperated Karuma from his chakra so Tobi might end up with the Kyuubi but not the chakra.) But these are all just theories, but I don't think Kishi does things without reason, and showing gold and silver brothers points to a clue for Naruto's survival if he did have the nine tails extracted from him, but Kishi'a also covered himself incase he decided not to have the Kyuubi extracted.

Tobi got B's Chakra (Or more accurately the eight tails chakra) when B' fooled Sasuke by disguising one of the eight tails tails into his body for capture and that tail got sealed inside the statue.

iAnby7W.gif

#96 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 14 2012, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can't be 100% certain the extraction would kill Naruto, he's a special case in many way first he is a Uzumaki, so he's not likely to be killed straight away, also Kushina didn't die from having Kurama extracted from her she died from a giant claw someone with the skill of Tsunade (and Sakura) might have the abilty to save her in such a position, Second he has been feeding off the Kyuubi Chakra for 10months before he was born so his body might have adapted enough to be able to produce Kyuubi chakra on it's own, His birth was essentially him being extracted from the Bijuu (The gold and silver brothers had whisker marks like Naruto, gained from feeding off Karutma's chakra when he swallowed them, yet after they were freed they were still able to creak Kyuubi chakra within them. the whisker marks could mean the same for Naruto) and lastly, he got a gift from the other Bijuu's with the exception of one and eight, and that might be the key to save Naruto if Karuma was extracted from him. (Also lets not forget Naruto seperated Karuma from his chakra so Tobi might end up with the Kyuubi but not the chakra.) But these are all just theories, but I don't think Kishi does things without reason, and showing gold and silver brothers points to a clue for Naruto's survival if he did have the nine tails extracted from him, but Kishi'a also covered himself incase he decided not to have the Kyuubi extracted.

Tobi got B's Chakra (Or more accurately the eight tails chakra) when B' fooled Sasuke by disguising one of the eight tails tails into his body for capture and that tail got sealed inside the statue.

Then thing is though, Kushina's seal was weak when Naruto was born. It didnt take three days of pulling it out

#97 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 14 2012, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you remember Kushina's plan to seal Kurama back inside her and she said that her only regret was that she would not be able to see Naruto grow up, that tells me that she new that she was going to die (most likely that night)

That is a interesting theroy about about Naruto being like the Gold & Silver Brothers but personally I'm more leaning twoards the theroy that their Kyuubi chakra will be used as a substitue for not having Kurama himself but we never know.

If I'm not mistaken the chakra Naruto pulled out of Kurama has a limit, otherwise why would he need to merge his chakra with Kurama in order to pull off Tailed Beast Mode? also there is a chance that Tobi could extracts that chakra from Naruto and not Kurama.

Thanks for reminding me about how that got Gyuki's chakra, but I don't think that will be enough although if Tobi tried to resurect the Ten-Tails with the Gold & Silver Brothers and the Chakra from that tentacle as substitute for having Kurama and Gyuki would weaken the Ten-Tails and make to more plossable that Naruto and Kurama could defeat him while still having him be a threat.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#98 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 15 2012, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for reminding me about how that got Gyuki's chakra, but I don't think that will be enough although if Tobi tried to resurect the Ten-Tails with the Gold & Silver Brothers and the Chakra from that tentacle as substitute for having Kurama and Gyuki would weaken the Ten-Tails and make to more plossable that Naruto and Kurama could defeat him while still having him be a threat.

Personally, I find it ridiculous that Tobi could ever resurrect the ten tails. Didn't Minato take half of Kurama's chakra with him to the grave(shinigami's stomach but yea... semantics)or did I miss something ?
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#99 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Zin @ Jun 15 2012, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, I find it ridiculous that Tobi could ever resurrect the ten tails. Didn't Minato take half of Kurama's chakra with him to the grave(shinigami's stomach but yea... semantics)or did I miss something ?

Tobi probably doesn't know that.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#100 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 15 2012, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tobi probably doesn't know that.

I know, but I get the feeling it won't even be addressed. It's just sloppy, imo.

Edited by Zin, 15 June 2012 - 07:05 PM.

"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users