133 replies to this topic

#81 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:03 PM

This isn't quite a harem fic, but it's hilarious and it's as close as I'd want to see anyway - Single Ninja on the Town

#82 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:18 PM

Harem fics...not a big fan of them. I read them from time to time but certainly not my favorite brand of fic. Most of the time either Naruto is ridiculously overpowered or that the auther has so many romances running at one that none of them get adequately developed. There are exceptions to this and some of them are quite humerous, which is why I would normally read one.

Nick, I really enjoyed that one. I like the final scene a lot.

#83 DasDeke

DasDeke

In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Anime,Music, Poetry,Writing,Video Games,Photography, Computers, Bushido,Tattoos,Philosophy

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

Anything with a bit of romance in it is good. Drama isn't to bad either. Humor also is good to have too. Always a fan of the Naruto/Sakura fics.

Lemons I don't read really often, but there have been a few I've liked. Sasuke bashing is always fun, but really isn't needed.
No yaoi...EW!

One shots are nice, but series can be good. The one thing I'm not keen on is Naruto and Co going WAY OOC.

I just started reading Training for the Job- and i'm on Chapter 4. That fic is like crack man! :thumbs:
I finished Death Before Dishonor: Interlude a few days back, its lemonish in chapter two 121721.gif , but was a good fic.

I still am a huge fan of sharingank th_glomp.gif , have really enjoyed all the stories by that author ( as long as they're Naruto/Sakura based) Broken Wings by said author is still my favorite though hehe wub.gif

Hindsight was pretty darn funny

Black Mist was a really good one shot

Home again was very good as well, I enjoyed how it showed us things you might have wondered about when Naruto was a child. Plus its a very Sakura/Naruto pairing story!

#84 twilight guardian

twilight guardian

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Inuyasha, Gundam Wing/Seed, Tsubasa Chronicles, Slayers, Drawing, writing, singing, others

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:24 AM

This is one a really good fic. NaruxSaku.

If you aren't up for a cry, then youshouldn't read it. Just a warning.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3178897/1/

#85 adrianna

adrianna

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach!<br /><br />basketball, soccer (or football, whichever) tennis<br /><br />reading, shopping, computer

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:54 AM

Oh, and another one, I like medium length (five or six chapters) stories, and witty humour.

Part of the H&E Family (sister)

My Journal

#86 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:33 AM

If it hasn't been brought up yet, Of Shadows and Notes is a good fic. It's pretty much ShikamaruTayuya(?) and it's written very well. Goes without saying that the amount of obscenities blows through the roof though. ^^;
And why'd I bring it up? After a year, Hokata Yuy updated! biggrin.gif

#87 DasDeke

DasDeke

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Anime,Music, Poetry,Writing,Video Games,Photography, Computers, Bushido,Tattoos,Philosophy

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (twilight guardian @ Oct 3 2006, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one a really good fic. NaruxSaku.

If you aren't up for a cry, then youshouldn't read it. Just a warning.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3178897/1/

*sniff* that was so SADD!!!

#88 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:37 AM

yeah, it was. smile.gif

#89 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 03:44 AM

My favorite Akatsuki (humor) fic ever:

One of the Cool Kids by firefly

I was also happy to find that being the Hidan fan I am (that latest religious fanatic immortal cannot-die-even-when-his-head-is-lopped-off Akatsuki member), the author also has written some good Hidan-centric one shots. He has a way of writing that captures his character so well. If you're interested, I suggest you read Tin God and Callow Lamb. They are both quite well written.

And for crack's sake, try Spectrum by Sayaka-sama. A Hidan x Sakura x Sasuke one-shot. I know, wtf, right? But hey, gotta love some crack sometimes. XD

#90 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ Oct 6 2006, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite Akatsuki (humor) fic ever:

One of the Cool Kids by firefly

I was also happy to find that being the Hidan fan I am (that latest religious fanatic immortal cannot-die-even-when-his-head-is-lopped-off Akatsuki member), the author also has written some good Hidan-centric one shots. He has a way of writing that captures his character so well. If you're interested, I suggest you read Tin God and Callow Lamb. They are both quite well written.

And for crack's sake, try Spectrum by Sayaka-sama. A Hidan x Sakura x Sasuke one-shot. I know, wtf, right? But hey, gotta love some crack sometimes. XD

one of the cool kids is GREAT! hehe.

#91 DasDeke

DasDeke

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 09:50 PM

Just finished this one, and it was really good. Naruto/Sakura of course!!
Fitting the pieces

#92 ia3

ia3

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:58 AM

I found a pretty good fic. I dont think it's going narusaku tho, but the style's really good.
Mizukage

To disgrace oneself is something a samurai should never do.

#93 DasDeke

DasDeke

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (ia3 @ Oct 7 2006, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found a pretty good fic. I dont think it's going narusaku tho, but the style's really good.
Mizukage

That was pretty good, it looks like its going to be a slow burn building up with Naruto/Sakura maybe.

#94 tombadgerlock

tombadgerlock

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:51 PM

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3162824/1/

This is actualy pretty good, though i don't think it is goingto be narusaku. I just pray for the best :-)

#95 ia3

ia3

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (DasDeke @ Oct 9 2006, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ia3 @ Oct 7 2006, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mizukage

That was pretty good, it looks like its going to be a slow burn building up with Naruto/Sakura maybe.

One doth indeed hope so. Btw, lovin the oneshot Das!

To disgrace oneself is something a samurai should never do.

#96 DasDeke

DasDeke

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (ia3 @ Oct 9 2006, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One doth indeed hope so. Btw, lovin the oneshot Das!

Thank you!!! 121721.gif

#97 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (Lackey_h @ Jul 1 2006, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Foxhound - Not the best fic around, it's dead, quite a lot of godmoding Naruto at points... buuuuut... it does get major props for one helluva awesome mega-rant against Kakashi in the last chapter XD Seriously, if nothing else read the last chapter and skim down to Naruto practically ripping him a new one XD

Foxhound isn't dead, it's just on a LONG ass hiatus. Check out Krakens homepage(live journal) and you'll see that he's finally gotten time to actually write some fics again, or so he hopes.

The stories I like are mostly ones that are Naru/Saku. I don't really care what ratings they are.

Though I despise Naru/Saku stories where Sakura is implied to have been with guys intimately before figuring out Naruto is the one for her, and Naruto is still a virgin. I don't know why, but that just bugs the hell out of me. Probably the only one I don't mind is 'A growing love' by ashleyriot. It's a romance/angst fic so I was warned that there would be something not going Naruto's way by looking at that.

The only pairings I probably dislike is the Sasu/Saku pairings. I was okay with it at first, but after thinking about it for a long while, it just wouldn't work out; not unless Naruto and Sasuke switch personalities.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#98 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Oct 11 2006, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The stories I like are mostly ones that are Naru/Saku. I don't really care what ratings they are.

Though I despise Naru/Saku stories where Sakura is implied to have been with guys intimately before figuring out Naruto is the one for her, and Naruto is still a virgin.

I hate them too, specialy if the first one she's been with is Sasuke

#99 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:04 PM

Please don't double post MagusKryos. If you want to add something and you were the last one to post click on the edit button at the bottom of your last post and add the additional stuff to that post.

As for those fics, well I generally haven't liked most of the fics that have done that, but that is more because of the method rather than the concept itself. I have no issue that idea in and of itself. I've seen several portroyals of Sasuke that I didn't think fit his character well or you have a situation where her realization appear to be more rebound effect rather than the discovery of a sincere emotion. The "Oh my, I suddenly realized it's always been Naruto that I've loved" doesn't seem all that realistic to me.

#100 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Oct 11 2006, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please don't double post MagusKryos. If you want to add something and you were the last one to post click on the edit button at the bottom of your last post and add the additional stuff to that post.

As for those fics, well I generally haven't liked most of the fics that have done that, but that is more because of the method rather than the concept itself. I have no issue that idea in and of itself. I've seen several portroyals of Sasuke that I didn't think fit his character well or you have a situation where her realization appear to be more rebound effect rather than the discovery of a sincere emotion. The "Oh my, I suddenly realized it's always been Naruto that I've loved" doesn't seem all that realistic to me.

Yeah sorry about that :x.

I don't entirely hate that concept. It's just the fact that most fics that are like that make Naruto seem more like a saint than a shinobi. I mean what kind of guy watches the girl he loves whore around while he does nothing. I know Naruto is used to not getting his way, but even a guy has his limits, no?
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users