• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#81 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well, at least we know for certain what Litleo's evolved form is. Thanks, Jake.

I've just noticed something; if you look closely at the orange areas of Pyroar's mane, you can see they resemble the kanji for 'Fire' (火), which I think is a cool feature.

This has me wondering, is their a female version of Pyroar, or is the Litleo family a male-only species? Though, even if there was a lioness form, I'd guess most people would go for the male (unless the female had something unique that the male didn't).

I would prefer having a female form, if there is one. I think they made the mane on the male way too fluffy, and the female likely wouldn't have one. At least, I hope not.

#82 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

I would prefer having a female form, if there is one. I think they made the mane on the male way too fluffy, and the female likely wouldn't have one. At least, I hope not.

Ah, I see what's going on here.  :happy:

A woman needing to keep her man in check, right?

On the issue of the starters, I think GameFreak are aware (or should be) that fans don't want ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter. There's plenty of other types to pair it with, and considering how Fennekin's line can learn a Psychic move, I comfortable with that. Afterall, that typing is rather rare, Victini and Darmanitan Zen Mode aside.

As for Chespin's evolution, well... how could you NOT love that retarded little face!!  :chuckle:

Everyone has their...  'issues' in their teen years, so fingers crossed, he'll be fine once he reaches adulthood.

And even though Chespin's evolution learns Mud Shot, I wouldn't mind seeing a Grass/Rock starter (which only Lileep and Cradily have) to better balance the starters against one another. There's been FAR too many fully evolved Grass and Water starters with no 2nd type, while Cyndaquil's line is the only Fire starter that doesn't gain a type through evolution. 

My prediction:

Chespin's line: Grass/Rock

Fennekin's line: Fire/Psychic

Froakie's line: Water/Fighting

Edited by Quinny52, 12 September 2013 - 06:39 PM.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#83 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Ah, I see what's going on here.  :happy:

A woman needing to keep her man in check, right?

On the issue of the starters, I think GameFreak are aware (or should be) that fans don't want ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter. There's plenty of other types to pair it with, and considering how Fennekin's line can learn a Psychic move, I comfortable with that. Afterall, that typing is rather rare, Victini and Darmanitan Zen Mode aside.

As for Chespin's evolution, well... how could you NOT love that retarded little face!!  :chuckle:

Everyone has their...  'issues' in their teen years, so fingers crossed, he'll be fine once he reaches adulthood.

And even though Chespin's evolution learns Mud Shot, I wouldn't mind seeing a Grass/Rock starter (which only Lileep and Cradily have) to better balance the starters against one another. There's been FAR too many fully evolved Grass and Water starters with no 2nd type, while Cyndaquil's line is the only Fire starter that doesn't gain a type through evolution. 

My prediction:

Chespin's line: Grass/Rock

Fennekin's line: Fire/Psychic

Froakie's line: Water/Fighting

Yeah Chespins Evolution being Grass/Rock would be cool and I already knows Rollout through Level Up but then again so do 40 other non-Rock-Type Pokemon including Cyndaquil, Qulava, Typhlosion, Tepig, Pignite and Emboar, and who can forget Miltank.

I'm thinking that Fennekin's Evolution with become Fire/Psychic, and I think there is a good chance that Froakie's Evolution could be just a pure water type, after all only Swampert and Empoleon were dual types.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#84 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Sorry to double post but the English names of the new Pokemon have been announced.

Chespin's Evolution Hariboogu will be known as Quiladin, a combination of Quil and Paladin.

Fennekin's Evolution Teerunaa will be known as Braixen, a combination of Braise (French for live coal) and Vixen.

Froakie's evolution Gekogashira will be known as Frogadier, a combination of Frog Brigadier.

The new pokemon Torimian will be known as Furfrou.

Chiragasu the T-Rex Pokemon will be known as Tyrunt.

Amarasu the other fossil Pokemon will be known as Amaura.

and Nyaonikusu will be known as Meowstic.

Also it was reveled that Pyroar will be Litleo's evolution and there is a gender difference.

Female Pyroar

EDIT: Also now Leech Seed, Spore, Stun Spore, PoisonPowder, and Sleep Powder no longer affect Grass-Types, Electric-Type Pokemon can no longer be paralyzed, Ice-Types can no longer be frozen and Ghost-Types are no longer affected by trapping moves such as Mean Look.

Edited by Jake, 13 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#85 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

To add to Jake's post here's the latest trailer:

I want that T Rex!! :plots:

Furfrou is confirmed to be a poodle-like pokemon, with the customising options mirroring real poodle grooming for dog shows. I can imagine such a feature would be used more for contests than in battles.

Hey Slex, looks like you got your wish.  :D

Edited by Quinny52, 13 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#86 SkiesEagle

SkiesEagle

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing and reading fanfiction :P

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

^Nice! Now I can change my character's clothes. Not that I mind about staying same with clothes throughout the walkthrough like past generation games.

Kweh!~
Chocobos
chocobo narusaku2

#87 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Pre-ordered my copy of Pokemon Y today.

Also I bought a 3DS today, it should be delivered by Saturday and then I can wait three weeks for my game to get here :sweatdrop:.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#88 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sorry for double posting again but two new Pokemon have been anounced and since I'm too lazy to type it all up right now I'll just post a video.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#89 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Pre-ordered my copy of Pokemon Y today.

Also I bought a 3DS today, it should be delivered by Saturday and then I can wait three weeks for my game to get here :sweatdrop:.

NICE!!!! *high fives* I preordered X and my brother and cousin are getting Y. :D

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 September 2013 - 02:09 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#90 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

The Official Pokemon Website has announced that a new Pokemon will be reveled tomorrow, the new Pokemon is said to be an evolved Pokemon, which raises the question of who does it evolve from?

Here is my prediction.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#91 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

While this new evolved pokemon could end up being a Dragon Eeveelution, the only thing that makes me think otherwise is that I would've assumed that such an evolution would've been revealed at the same time that Sylveon was first revealed. It would make more sense to reveal two new Evveelutions together.

I wouldn't mind seeing an evolution for Honedge, though. Seeing as how it's suppose to be a cursed sword of sorts (Steel/Ghost), I think it would be cool if it evolved into something resembling a fully posessed suit of knight's armor.

A bit like this...

Edited by Quinny52, 24 September 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#92 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

While this new evolved pokemon could end up being a Dragon Eeveelution, the only thing that makes me think otherwise is that I would've assumed that such an evolution would've been revealed st the same time that sylveon was first revealed. It would make more sense to reveal two new Evveelutions together.

I wouldn't mind seeing an evolution for Honedge, though. Seeing as how it's suppose to be a cursed sword of sorts (Steel/Ghost), I think it would be cool if it evolved into something resembling a fully posessed suit of knight's armor.

A bit like this...

True but Sylveon assuming the new Pokemon is a Dragon-Type Eeveelution I can see why they released Sylveon first, to create hype for the new Fairy-Type, but it seems really odd that they decided to only have one Eeveelution especially when there is still one Special Type that hasn't had an Eeveelution yet and while you'd expect another Eeveelution to have already been reveled by now, you'd also think that we'd have at least some information about the Final Evolutions of the Starters, I mean at least a silhouette or something.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#93 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

Again sorry for the double post but the new Pokemon has been reveled and it is...

spoiler

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#94 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

What's its Type?

#95 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

Steel/Ghost just like Honedge.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#96 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

*sigh* I have a Pokemon X & Y Convention near Toronto, Only thing is I have school that day....................... and no Pokemon costume. :cry:

#97 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Mega Charizard X's form:

mega-charizard-x_official-art_300dpi.jpg

Oh, and it'll have dragon typing for those who's been begging for it. Design-wise, it looks better than the Y version. Wonder if the other two starters will have alternate forms too?

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and it'll appear in the The Origins anime:

originsth.jpg

LOL, I can just see the whole fandom go "Let's see if Ash can beat Red's ass now...."

Edited by Codus N, 02 October 2013 - 03:39 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#98 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm so glad I pre-ordered X version. Sweet looking Legendary, Fighting-type Mew Two, Dragon-type Charizard... This version can't get any better.

Except now I don't know which starter I want. I was going to go with Squirtle, but Mega Charizard X looks so awesome.  :argh:

#99 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

The only trade-off is that you're going to have to prepare to be beaten to death by the fairy types. And I heard that its abilities are not all that impressive compared to the Y version.   

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#100 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

This just makes me depressed that I ordered Y, oh well I guess X would make a good Christmas present :sweatdrop:.

It figures While I get a cool Legendary and Skrelp, I give up two awesome Mega Evolutions.

The only trade-off is that you're going to have to prepare to be beaten to death by the fairy types. And I heard that its abilities are not all that impressive compared to the Y version.   

Actually Fire-Types are resistant to Fairy Attacks.

Well Mega Charizard Y ability allows him to use SolarBeam without having to charge it up, coupled with his increased Sp. Atk, plus Flying-Types are now immune to Spikes which assumingly also means Stealth Rock, makes Mega Charizard a threat to types he is weak against,

On the other hand Mega Charizard X's Type Fire/Dragon gives it a resistance to so meany types and cancels out two of Dragon's weaknesses Ice and Fairy, leaving it's only weaknesses Ground, Rock and Dragon, although a Water/Fairy-type combination would wreak it.

I wonder if this means we can expect even more Version Exclusive Mega Evolutions? Mega Venusaur X/Y, Mega Blastoise X/Y, Mega Blaziken X/Y.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users