Street Fighter IV/Super Street Fighter IV Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
477 replies to this topic

#81 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

FINALLY!!! I tried the game at school and it was awesome!!! wow.png

Oh my, where to begin?!

The command controls for the supers and ultra are more stiff than SSF2 HD. I hardly can't perform most of the moves because of the 360 controller. dry.gif Gotta go to Training, soon as I get my copy next month.

The soundtrack is awesome. I downloaded the music and there are remixes of the characters' theme. So far I loved Ryu, Guile, M.Bison, Cammy, and Zangief's remixes. Others didn't stand out as much like Chun-Li's theme. Its not as catchy it was originally was (the remixes from previous games are better, IMHO). Some of the other characters don't have a remix theme at all (Gen, Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim, Balrog, Vega and Dan) though the new characters did, well except Rufus.

- Abel's theme is alright

- C. Viper's theme is very spooky which is odd for an assassin. Even has vocals to make it catchy.

- Gouken's theme has Akuma's melody which make it badass

- Seth was too much orchestra...

- I think I didn't listen to El Fuerte's theme yet...

As for the stages themes, I love the China (both day and night) and Japan stages! biggrin.gif

Love the extras, the command lists, ability to customize voices, colors and taunts, etc for what I have seen so far.

The graphics amazed me!~ Capcom has dominated this area. Facial expressions, fluid movements... amazed me (even Chun-Li's Thighs and Cammy's ass, :teehee: )

OMG!!! I need my copy NOW!

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#82 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 24 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FINALLY!!! I tried the game at school and it was awesome!!! wow.png

Oh my, where to begin?!

The command controls for the supers and ultra are more stiff than SSF2 HD. I hardly can't perform most of the moves because of the 360 controller. dry.gif Gotta go to Training, soon as I get my copy next month.

The soundtrack is awesome. I downloaded the music and there are remixes of the characters' theme. So far I loved Ryu, Guile, M.Bison, Cammy, and Zangief's remixes. Others didn't stand out as much like Chun-Li's theme. Its not as catchy it was originally was (the remixes from previous games are better, IMHO). Some of the other characters don't have a remix theme at all (Gen, Honda, Blanka, Dhalsim, Balrog, Vega and Dan) though the new characters did, well except Rufus.

- Abel's theme is alright

- C. Viper's theme is very spooky which is odd for an assassin. Even has vocals to make it catchy.

- Gouken's theme has Akuma's melody which make it badass

- Seth was too much orchestra...

- I think I didn't listen to El Fuerte's theme yet...

As for the stages themes, I love the China (both day and night) and Japan stages! biggrin.gif

Love the extras, the command lists, ability to customize voices, colors and taunts, etc for what I have seen so far.

The graphics amazed me!~ Capcom has dominated this area. Facial expressions, fluid movements... amazed me (even Chun-Li's Thighs and Cammy's ass, :teehee: )

OMG!!! I need my copy NOW!

happy.gif Welcome to the fold of SFIV fans, Derock. It's good to have you among us!

*chants* One of us! One of us! One of us!

All silliness aside, lemme ask. Does anyone think the opening theme, The Next Door by Exile, could work well for a Naruto Ultimate Ninja or Clash of Ninja game?? happy.gif

Bryon

#83 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (racerxdsr @ Feb 24 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meant to ask. Which Hori stick you do you have? Plan on getting a Hori Pro Arcade 3 stick for the PS3. Just wondering your pros and cons. I read you switched to the 360 controller. I prefer arcade sticks for fighting games. Just wanted to ask someone who actually has one.

Thanks.

Well, the Hori I have is the EX2 for the Xbox 360. It's well built, and the buttons respond nicely. However, I find the stick too loose and it's not always easy to confirm movements in Street Fighter. This is probably due to the fact that it has a square gate instead of an octagonal one (Gates restrict the joystick movement). The square gate is the most common one used in Japanese arcades, but many Western gamers are used to the octagonal one on arcade games. The Hori works great in 3D fighters and other arcade games, but 2D fighters are more demanding when it comes to precise control inputs.

You can see the gates I'm talking about in the pictures in this modding tutorial: http://streetfighterpro.com/?p=3

However, since my hands keep hurting when I pull off a series of combos with the 360 joypad, I've decided to give the Hori another shot - I'm modding it! I got a Sanwa octagonal gate in the post today (Sanwa GT-Y), and I plan to install it sometime this weekend. It should make circular and charge movements easier to pull off, plus it's said to be smaller than the Hori gate so the stick will feel tighter in terms of control.

I'll let you guys know how it goes! I just hope I don't screw it up. tongue.gif

Derock, welcome to the family. laugh.gif I know what you mean by the animations and facial expressions. I love it how you can see your opponent is shocked/scared when you trigger a Super or Ultra. happy.gif There are so many little touches in the animations and the scenery.

Is anyone up for a quick game or two this Saturday night (my time, it'll be Saturday afternoon in the US)? Maybe we can also start organising for a tournament next month. happy.gif I'll even whip up a tournament tree and stuff.

#84 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

So I'm still sticking with Street Fighter IV but I'm still getting pummeled online. I've tried to do some training with several characters but to no avail. There's only so much I can take while getting beaten online while it chips away at my self esteem and sanity. I don't think I'll ever win a match. So I'm done for now. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I suck and there's no signs of me getting better.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#85 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:15 AM

What I learned from playing Street Fighter IV online.

#86 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

^LOL that is so accurate. Seriously Ken is the most popular character online right now. I've learned that whenever he does his shoryuken just crouch low and do a sweep. But yeah it gets annoying fighting Ken over 50% of the time.

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 25 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone up for a quick game or two this Saturday night (my time, it'll be Saturday afternoon in the US)? Maybe we can also start organising for a tournament next month. happy.gif I'll even whip up a tournament tree and stuff.

If you don't mind I'll take up that offer! My gamertag is Trueilicous.

#87 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 25 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damnit!!! I don't have the game yet, and you guys are starting the tournament without yours truly. 111193.gif Someone do a schedule quick...

latest?cb=20140126021943

#88 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

Man, and here I am without XBOX Live Gold! Dammit! X_X But maybe I can figure something out! Here goes! biggrin.gif

Bryon

EDIT: I succeeded so now I am in on XBOX Live Gold with my main profile. I'm at slamdunk600, which is also one of my e-mail addresses, boys and girls. biggrin.gif When I rent SF4 next, or even buy it when I can, you guys can look me up for some throwdowns, though I only got a month free for now. smile.gif Here's hopin' we can have some fun!

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 26 February 2009 - 08:59 PM.

#89 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 26 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damnit!!! I don't have the game yet, and you guys are starting the tournament without yours truly. 111193.gif Someone do a schedule quick...

No, no, no! We're not starting without you! You said you were getting the game next month, right? happy.gif Do you guys think a weekend is enough? 21st-22nd or 28-29th March? Maybe a little sooner if you can get the game by that time, Derock?

I just wanted a quick game. smile.gif Unfortunately, it looks like I'll still be using the 360 pad as I missed the drill being delivered to my house. Oh well. At least I should be able to play for a while before my hands hurt.

Adding you True and Byron. biggrin.gif *scribbles down gamertags*

LOL @ Lord Roy. It's so true. XD I hope I can perfect a good anti-Ken strategy so I can rack up plenty of wins. ;P

#90 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 27 2009, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, no, no! We're not starting without you! You said you were getting the game next month, right? happy.gif Do you guys think a weekend is enough? 21st-22nd or 28-29th March? Maybe a little sooner if you can get the game by that time, Derock?

I just wanted a quick game. smile.gif Unfortunately, it looks like I'll still be using the 360 pad as I missed the drill being delivered to my house. Oh well. At least I should be able to play for a while before my hands hurt.

Well we can start probably around after next week because I found out I can get it sooner (Mom has the money, thank you Obama!!! XDDDD)

Oh for those who are in currently in Gold, LIVE is doing a promotion for renewal with free 400 points. Get that promotion quick!!!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#91 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:38 AM

So I was at my friendly neighborhood Play and Trade and I run into one of the most spazzy players I have ever seen. This is how it basically went:

Roy's Friend: "Hey come over here for a second. I want you to look at this match and pay attention to the left side."
Lord Roy: "Okay..." (looks at left side of screen)
Roy's Friend: "I want you to look at his controller." (I stare at his controller. Begins to notice that he's mashing buttons and the D-pad, I turn around and stare at my friend, turn back, turn once more, walks away...)

Seriously... Really, people nowadays... and then when I played, I used the same controler the guy was using... only to find that the controller was a little moist... so I figured his palm was sweating... I have no more comments...

#92 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:09 AM

I need some help!

Yesterday, I spent some time looking for SF4 images to use for our tournament. I found these really nice VS screen ones, but I haven't got them for all characters.

M.Bison

Balrog

Rufus

Sakura (reduced size, the original is HUGE)

Those are all I have. I spent ages trying to find the others, but no luck. If anyone can help find more like these, or any other cool images, that'd be great. biggrin.gif

Here's a prototype of the tournament title. happy.gif

#93 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:16 AM

*is sad cause he's gonna miss this tournament* sad.gif

#94 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:29 AM

Let me guess...No one is doing this for PS3, huh? *weeps*

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#95 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 1 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish we can do it on PS3 too, but majority of us have the 360 version. And damnit Smiter, those pictures will be great if we could find Chun-Li and Ryu (and maybe Crimson Viper as well).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#96 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Feb 28 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*is sad cause he's gonna miss this tournament* sad.gif

sad.gif

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 1 2009, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Mar 1 2009, 05:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish we can do it on PS3 too, but majority of us have the 360 version. And damnit Smiter, those pictures will be great if we could find Chun-Li and Ryu (and maybe Crimson Viper as well).

Same here, it would have been great if it was possible to have PS3 vs 360 matches!

Well, last night, I successfully modded my Hori EX2 stick with a Sanwa octagonal gate. It had a real baptism of fire as I was quickly challenged by True when I got on the 360! We had a real blast. XDDD It was awesome, and I would love to do that again soon. We played 11 matches, and I won 6-5. Chun-Li was my main character, while Sakura was his. My secondary was Cammy, and his was Akuma (cheap unblockable ultra move *mutter* tongue.gif). It was also my very first time playing SF4 online, and it was so smooth, no noticeable lag at all.

So, so much fun. I'm definitely up for more online matches tonight. biggrin.gif

I'm really pleased with my modded Hori now. It works exactly as I wanted it to, and the very few occasions I failed to carry out the move I wanted were due to mistakes on my part. The stick really does feel a lot more responsive, and it was so easy to feel which direction I was pointing it in. Best of all, no hurting hands! I think it's safe to say it's now my preferred controller. biggrin.gif

Derock, I found some more VS images and art. smile.gif Bryon was a huge help, pointing me in the direction of The Fighter's Generation. After a lot more searching, via Shoryuken forums (and picking up Chun-Li tips while I was there), I also found an awesome site called Gamerenders.com. Gamerenders has some really incredible (and MASSIVE) transparent PNGs of SF4 art. You need to register to see them, but they are completely worth it.

#97 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

*Psst* Smiter uses a cheat called costume hack. He makes sure Chun-Li and Cammy wear just the perfect outfit to get you distracted! Careful or else you'll fall for his trick! tongue.gif

Nah I kid! I had a blast and it really got my adrenaline pumping. I jumped up quite a few times when the match got real intense/close. XD It was really fun and entertaining and we unlocked quite a bit of medals/icons! Definitely would enjoy playing again.

I still use my 360 controller, but I've changed the button configuration so I'm able to pull off combos easier without having to twist my hands to reach certain buttons to trigger moves. I've managed to instinctively pull off moves for certain scenarios, but I still have to perfect when a certain move requires you to do down-right-or-left since the 360 D-pad isn't the easiest thing to use. But I feel with playing more and gaining experience eventually it'll become natural.

The game is really fun and well worth it in providing entertainment for countless of hours!

#98 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (True @ Mar 1 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Psst* Smiter uses a cheat called costume hack. He makes sure Chun-Li and Cammy wear just the perfect outfit to get you distracted! Careful or else you'll fall for his trick! tongue.gif

Nah I kid! I had a blast and it really got my adrenaline pumping. I jumped up quite a few times when the match got real intense/close. XD It was really fun and entertaining and we unlocked quite a bit of medals/icons! Definitely would enjoy playing again.

I still use my 360 controller, but I've changed the button configuration so I'm able to pull off combos easier without having to twist my hands to reach certain buttons to trigger moves. I've managed to instinctively pull off moves for certain scenarios, but I still have to perfect when a certain move requires you to do down-right-or-left since the 360 D-pad isn't the easiest thing to use. But I feel with playing more and gaining experience eventually it'll become natural.

The game is really fun and well worth it in providing entertainment for countless of hours!

Unfortunately, Cammy's costume hack is so effective it can even be dangerous to its user. A real double-edged sword. nosebleed8rx.gif

I just checked out my collection of SF4 art. I still don't have all the VS screen characters, but I do have the official artwork for every single character. biggrin.gif Definitely going to try whipping up some prototype VS screens with them.

It's March now, so I'm planning to create the official SF4 tournament thread, where you guys can find information and sign up. How do the weekends of 14/15 or 21/22 March sound? I'm thinking that each round will be a best of 3 fights.

#99 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 1 2009, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately, Cammy's costume hack is so effective it can even be dangerous to its user. A real double-edged sword. nosebleed8rx.gif

I just checked out my collection of SF4 art. I still don't have all the VS screen characters, but I do have the official artwork for every single character. biggrin.gif Definitely going to try whipping up some prototype VS screens with them.

It's March now, so I'm planning to create the official SF4 tournament thread, where you guys can find information and sign up. How do the weekends of 14/15 or 21/22 March sound? I'm thinking that each round will be a best of 3 fights.

You think Cammy's alternative costume is that bad? tongue.gif Look at Chun-Li's "Mai" outfit! nosebleed8rx.gif

Anyways, pinned the topic when you're finished posting the thread. Best of 3 is good but let's make the fights longer, with 3 rounds (also known as 5). I don't not sure about the time limit, I prefer no time limit.

Though I don't know if Online is similar to some other series like Dead or Alive 4 where you can create a match and make the server private towards certain members.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#100 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 1 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You think Cammy's alternative costume is that bad? tongue.gif Look at Chun-Li's "Mai" outfit! nosebleed8rx.gif

Anyways, pinned the topic when you're finished posting the thread. Best of 3 is good but let's make the fights longer, with 3 rounds (also known as 5). I don't not sure about the time limit, I prefer no time limit.

Though I don't know if Online is similar to some other series like Dead or Alive 4 where you can create a match and make the server private towards certain members.

Rose's alternate costume is somewhat similar, boys! nosebleed8rx.gif

I've seen that that the lobby for Network Battle also allows people to wait and such, like they would when arcades were bigger in the US, Derock. As for what else, I'm not sure.

Bryon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users