tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Oct 2 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
North Cackalackey. Jeez, you people take forever with hints. >_>

lol - seriously!

That's where I live too! In the mountains (the Obama's recent vacation destination!).

Hey! Wait a second. I'm not a redneck! cool.gif

#83 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:38 AM

QUOTE (MissySmithy @ Sep 20 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'm away at college right now in a city called Lubbock, Texas.

Total college town. Very friendly though.

I've been to Lubbock. Almost took a job out there, but ended up in south-central Texas. Tech's all there is out there. Hey, does it still smell like cow manuere when the wind blows the wrong direction?

#84 X105

X105

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:48 AM

Born and Raised in Dallas, Texas. Went to and played basketball at Texas A&M University. A little information and myth busters about texas. It's hot in Dallas in summers, but it also snows in the winter. Dallas fans follow more than just the Dallas Cowboys unlike what the media would make you think. We do care about our Rangers, Stars, and Mavs. Hockey, baseball, basketball, and marching band are huge in texas, but FOOTBALL is king, especially high school football and friday night lights. Not everything is bigger in Texas, but most things are. People do not ride around on horses and wear cowboy hats all over the place...that is in southern Texas, San Antonio, Austin, Brownsville, not Dallas. People do not talk in that thick country accent that people always ask me about why I do not sound like what they hear in the movies, but we do say y'all all the time...even in texts. And last little fun fact. Texas is the only state in the Union that can fly its flag as high as the United States flag, and we often do, because Texas was once a sovereign nation admitted into the United States in 1845.

Edited by X105, 03 October 2010 - 05:08 AM.

#85 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (X105 @ Oct 2 2010, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Born and Raised in Dallas, Texas. Went to Texas A&M University. A little information and myth busters about texas. It's hot in Dallas in summers, but it also snows in the winter. Dallas fans follow more than just the Dallas Cowboys unlike what the media would make you think. We do care about our Rangers, Stars, and Mavs. Hockey, baseball, basketball, and marching band are huge in texas, but FOOTBALL is king, especially high school football and friday night lights. Not everything is bigger in Texas, but most things are. People do not ride around on horses and wear cowboy hats all over the place...that is in southern Texas, San Antonio, Austin, Brownsville, not Dallas. People do not talk in that thick country accent that people always ask me about why I do not sound like what they hear in the movies, but we do say y'all all the time...even in texts. And last little fun fact. Texas is the only state in the Union that can fly its flag as high as the United States flag, and we often do, because Texas was once a sovereign nation admitted into the United States in 1845.

Nope, most of us don't have that accent. Most of the "cowboy" stuff isn't in San Antonio either and definitely not Austin. I've lived in Austin (twice) and I currently live near San Antonio. Austin's a glorified college town. Keep Austin Wierd as they like to say. Brownsville's culture (as is true for much of the valley (McAllen, Edinburg, Harlingen, etc.) is very different from other parts of the state.

Football is definitely king though. One need only look to Allen (90,000 people, one high school, can't split the athletic talent) and Converse (who did the same thing until recently; still can't believe they built a second highschool there) to see it.

#86 X105

X105

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

Yeah I went to Marcus High School in Flower Mound, Texas and played often against the massive collection of humanity that is Allen High School haha. Yeah when I first got to College Station, quickly found the rancher motif in Texas. I like Austin. I think it's stands out a lot from other Texas city, and it is not as humid as Houston!

#87 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

@Tricksie: I don't know about the Coastal plains, but the piedmont and (most apparently) of the mountains are filled with 'em.

#88 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

I thought that I'd login finally and post in this because its interesting.

I don't like giving out my exact location so I'll just make it a guessing game. I'm from Canada and contrary to popular belief it doesn't snow in the summer. It can if it gets cold enough, but it doesn't. I know most of you aren't stupid, but I have come across some dumb asses that ask if we still live in igloos. It actually rained a lot this summer which is odd for this location, and caused some major flooding which we thought would never ever happen since its so dry here.

On to my location. I live in what we call "The Bridge City" since we have seven bridges spanning the river that divides the city in two and they are currently building an eighth one. We are most populous city in the area and there was a song about us back in the 1970's.

Good luck.

P.S. Cloud is banned from guessing because he knows where I live. D<
Tsu.gif

#89 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Tsunade @ Oct 3 2010, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. Cloud is banned from guessing because he knows where I live. D<

I was gonna say Nunavut. pictureem0.gif

We live in Igloos and ride polar bears to work!

#90 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

New Yorker here. What up?

Sorry about not giving out the town, but I'm a bit iffy about all that. I will say I'm a good forty minutes from Albany though. Upstate.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 October 2010 - 06:49 PM.

bd5.jpg

#91 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Oct 3 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Tricksie: I don't know about the Coastal plains, but the piedmont and (most apparently) of the mountains are filled with 'em.

There's plenty of rednecks on the coast. Carolina Beach is full of them.

I'm originally from Fuquay-Varina NC. Small redneck town. But now live in Wilmington, NC. Another small coastal city, full of rednecks and college students.

And yes yours truly considers himself redneck. Git r Done.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#92 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

I know the lyrics to the 12 redneck days of Christmas. a_thumbs.gif

#93 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Oct 4 2010, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know the lyrics to the 12 redneck days of Christmas. a_thumbs.gif

laugh.gif I ain't heard that song in awhile.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#94 cnving101

cnving101

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

I live in New England. What more do I have to say? tongue.gif

#95 Akashi

Akashi

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

I'm from Ukraine. happy.gif I live in a town near the capital, Kiev. It's a very nice place, surrounded by pine tree forest.

#96 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Well I live in Boston Mass. its Really cold over her in the winter but i love this place.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#97 Candice

Candice

So take me home

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

Sydney, Australia happy.gif

#98 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:23 AM

Ellicott City, Maryland. 20 minutes from Baltimore. Very rich area but not much to do really since it's actually quite small and more of a suburbs. Only reason it's called "city" is because it was one of the very first towns that was created in the 1700s when the United States was just forming, so it isn't a huge metropolis.

I go to Robert H. Smith School in College Park and and as the name suggests it is pretty much a college town. Only a few minutes from where I did my undergrad at UMD.

#99 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Oct 3 2010, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Yorker here. What up?

Sorry about not giving out the town, but I'm a bit iffy about all that. I will say I'm a good forty minutes from Albany though. Upstate.

Yay, another New Yorker in the house (Though I'm not America, I do live in NY)

QUOTE (kida @ Jan 3 2011, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm from Ukraine. happy.gif I live in a town near the capital, Kiev. It's a very nice place, surrounded by pine tree forest.

OMG! That's soooo cool!!!

#100 Pink Cherries

Pink Cherries

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

I'm from Southern California and I'll probably still be in California for the next couple of years because I applied to colleges here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users