Close
Photo

Toradora!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are your favorite characters? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Characters!

1. Ami Kawashima (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Minori Kushieda (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Ryūji Takasu (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Taiga Aisaka (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

5. Yūsaku Kitamura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#81 iwant2bnaruto

iwant2bnaruto

peekaboo Mizore-chan <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:35 AM

I just caught up to the most recent episode of the anime. This is yet another thing that I blame on True. It's like True is my anime/manga dealer or something tongue.gif .

Normally an anime like this wouldn't catch my interest but I decided to give it a chance. I must say that the character interactions are what hooked me...especially that of Taiga and Ryuji. I find their dynamic to be hilarious, infuriating, and heartwarming all at the same time. I loved seeing the friendship between them develop over each episode.

While I tend to be rooting for the two of them to ultimately find their way to eachother because of that friendship, I also find myself empathizing with the other characters as well. This is especially the case with Ami. She's so much more than a pretty face and her observations of her peers are really intriguing. After she had that little one on one talk with Ryuji in episode 18, I felt so bad that she was still somewhat of an outsider.

Minori's distant behavior since Ami's comment about guilt has been really hard to watch. Despite what Ami said, Minori still holds true to what she perceives between Taiga and Ryuji and stays away. It seemed that the whole scene with the stray softball breaking Taiga's Xmas star was symbolic with what she's been trying to avoid - breaking (or taking) something percious to Taiga. This really hit home for me when she was so devastated and attempted to piece the star back together, insisting that she do it alone.

Actually, the way Ryuji handled that situation impressed me. It just seemed that he stayed to help Minori for more than simply helping the girl he has a crush on. The way he was being so supportive with the simple statement of "I'm here" told me that he was there because she needed a friend and couldn't just leave her alone. I felt the undertones were less romantic in nature and I thought it spoke volumes of Ryuji's character.

Bah...I've already watched the RAW of episode 19 since I'm so impatient. Although I couldn't understand 99% of what was being said, it was clear that a significant amount of development occurs. I wish the fabsubbers would hurry up. Anyone know how long it takes for a subbed version to be available?

#82 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:21 AM

Man, that was quite emotional, what with our tsundere female breaking down. Quite emotional.

Ouch for Ryuuji, pwned. Rejected before he even asked, haha.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#83 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

God I love these moments...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#84 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Anime

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

I loved Ami and Taiga's duet, I thought it was really cute!

...and then when Taiga broke down like that... I actually cried... I really feel for her too, I never really want to be alone either...

#85 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:59 PM

I enjoyed the latest episode this morning. smile.gif

It ended with everyone feeling low, which was sad. Taiga is upset Ryuuji will leave her, Minorin forced herself to reject Ryuuji after seeing how Taiga cared for him, Ryuuji got rejected, and Ami is all alone.

But there was definitely some cheer! Ami and Taiga's duet was very nice (and Ami looks GOOD), Kitamura was a riot with his... appearance (and HG-like pose - HOOOO!), and the SantaRyuujiTaiga scene was cute. smile.gif

The morning after is going to be... awkward... to say the least.

#86 iwant2bnaruto

iwant2bnaruto

peekaboo Mizore-chan <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

Well, it appears I didn't have to wait that long for the subs to come out for episode 19. But...it was so sad shamefulcry0js.gif .

I really felt for Taiga as she tried her best to set things up for Ryuji, only to go home and think how she'll probably be alone with no one to rely on. My heart deflated further when we saw her utter happiness from SantaRyuji's visit turn to complete anguish after realizing that her "gift" to Ryuji would cause the thing she didn't want - to be alone. Her breakdown outside and cries for Ryuji were just so haunting...

Poor Minori. She saw her dearest friend in pain and did the only thing she could - make the decision to not come between Taiga and Ryuji. I thought the scene was really well done as, aside from her initial greeting to Ryuji, Minori didn't once make eye contact while telling of her decision. Seeing her hide her eyes so that Ryuji couldn't see how hard it was for her to be saying those things really made me sympathize with her.

I found Ami's conversation with Ryuji to be the most interesting, if not a little puzzling. It appeared as if she was trying to remain neutral despite her own desire for a chance with Ryuji. For me, Ami's speculative comment about Taiga going home because there may be something she would rather not see and the cryptic "stop being so blind" follow up was very indicative of that. It would appear that Ami is not without some form of nobility.

*sigh* Everyone just seems to be trying to do what's best for their friends but no one is ending up happy. sad.gif

I agree with Smiter that there will definitely be an awkward tension between them all in the aftermath.

Edited by iwant2bnaruto, 13 February 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#87 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (iwant2bnaruto @ Feb 13 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just caught up to the most recent episode of the anime. This is yet another thing that I blame on True. It's like True is my anime/manga dealer or something tongue.gif

Hahaha glad to help XD

I haven't gotten a chance to see the last two episodes yet but I'll hopefully get a chance to watch them over the weekend. I'm glad to see an end to the Minorin arc and wonder whats in store next as the anime is closing in on the end.

#88 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

I've caught up! =D

OMFG Episode 19! TT__TT

Minorin! Why are you so selfless and selfish at the same time! Making eveyone worry about you! >.<

On another note, Ryuuji looked adorable when he had that cold. I wanted to make him chicken noodle soup. :3

(SCREW INKO-CHAN IF SHE DON'T LIKE IT! D<)

I think I like every pairing with Ryuuji.... @_@

Ami, Minori, Taiga... so awesome. XD
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#89 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

I don't know if anyones been watching the recent episodes but they've really upped the drama in the most recent episodes. And when I think this anime couldn't surprise me anymore, they throw episode 21 at me and slap me around with it.

#90 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

I know, Roy! I just finished watching 21.

So much drama. And that cliffhanger...

I really didn't like watching Ami and Minorin fight. Ami was rather kitteny, and did I catch her saying it was because she was jealous?

Whatever will Ryuuji do now that he's heard Taiga's accidental confession? Now he knows why neither she nor Kitamura told him about their shrine visit. Whatever happens, I really hope Ami and Minorin patch things up.

I thought it was also really sad that Minorin was completely unaware that the hairclip was Ryuuji's present to her. I really felt for him.

#91 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

Wow, at the ending I thought they were ending the series becaues of the credits, and then the confession, BANG!

I really love the animation in this anime, makes every expression unforgetable.

Made by Vongola10th

#92 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:43 AM

Man I don't know what to think of Ami right now. I can believe her when she says that she knows more about Taiga than Ryuji does and this last episode simply proves her point. She also realizes that her feelings for Ryuji are not at the same level or depth as that of Taiga's nor does Kushieda need Ryuji.

And seriously the fight between Minorin and Ami was intense. Man so much drama as the show comes to a close. Its like they all know what they want, yet push it off for the sake of someone elses' happiness, yet they all end up sacrificing each others happiness in the process anyway. It's an endless cycle and I guess we'll have a resolution sometime within the last few episodes.

She WANTs to try for Ryuuji, but there's no real chance of catching his interest as long as Taiga and Minorim are in the way... she doesn't really WANT him to end up with either of them, but until he actually sorts his feelings out and admits them, none of them can move foward, and she's stuck in a holding pattern with the rest. All of that only amplifies her resentment that Minorin likes Ryuuji, and Ryuuji likes Minorin, but they're being held apart by social ineptitude and their mutual affections for Taiga. Minorin is ONE FREAKING WORD away from Ami wants, and doesn't have the courage to even admit it to herself... That's where her rage is coming from, and why she's acting like this with Minorin.

I really hope things turn out for the best! sad.gif

#93 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

I just watched the raw for 22, I'm increasingly loving this series more and more. I'll comment more on it once subs come out.

#94 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:25 AM

I just caught up with the Anime and OMG this thing is my new love.

And roy, do keep us updated as to when 22 comes out, Im dying to see it.

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#95 Lord Roy

Lord Roy

Seiyuu

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

Okay Coal Guys just released 23 subs just recently and all I have to say is... wow, this anime never fails to surprise me. I love this series so much, its a shame its going to end soon though.

Something I realized. --Click here to view--
One thing I actually realized from watching this episode is that the main characters are really nice people, and you know what they say, nice people get hurt very easily. And that's what Ryuuji and Taiga are doing. The both of them are going through all of this pain just to see their friends happy. One of the major themes about this anime is possibly grasping your own happiness. I mean if you really think about it, Ryuuji and Taiga were so busy with trying to get eachother's friend to go out with the other one and trying to make everyone else, as well as each other, happy, and everyone who watched ep19 knows about what happened to Taiga.

I'm actually a little impressed with how Minori was in this episode. After many episodes of cutting corners and awkward analogies, she finally becomes direct. I think she saw the problem with her ways and decided to follow Taiga's way and just say it as is.

And you have to feel sorry for Ami, if only a little bit. All she really wants is to be with them and to be accepted for who she is. Basically, she doesn't want to be left out to dry by everyone. And by everyone, I mean the people she thinks matter (Ryuuji, Taiga, Kitamura (maybe), and anyone else she feels is important in her life).

BTW, the next episode is called "Confession" and I could only imagine how that might develop.

#96 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

i.. ...how long does it take for a new episode....again?

i need... the last... episode... arg.gif

#97 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

DDL: Episode 24
Torrent: Episode 24

There's one more episode to go!

ep. 24 spoilers --Click here to view--
Wow this episode felt rushed but still hit home. Ryuuji and Taiga are going to get married now?? And the way Ryuuji spoke to his mom I felt was really harsh, but honest. And what did Taiga mean that they have a third member in their family. Is Taiga pregant???? Man..I really liked this episode and sad to see their is only one left. I wonder how the series will end!

#98 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

Good Lord, I just watched that newest ep. and Im just grinning from ear to ear.

I still hope they tie everything together but overall...I love this anime! and Ill be sad when its over.

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#99 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:07 AM

"Mai Waifu."

biggrin.gif Oh gosh this episode made me squeal with excitement. I had a fangirl moment with the TaigaxRyuuji scenes! I feel sad for Minori though. sad.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#100 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:04 AM

Getting hitched huh? was worth it just top see the experssion on Taiga's face when he said it ^^

They better kiss in the end sleep.gif

Made by Vongola10th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users