1267 replies to this topic

#81 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:17 PM

Whoopee, thinking about the beloved that made you cry your eyes dry and tried to kill you and put you through an illusion of him grope stabbing you. Wow how romantic............... :roll:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#82 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:54 PM

Woah! Children's clinic... a woman popular for skills & beauty!

@hanabi thanks for info

#83 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

Ok so the only good thing coming from this novel perhaps. Sakura has opened a new children's facility. This just makes my heart all warm and fuzzy tbh.

大戦終結後、サスケが里を去り約2年。サクラは医療忍者として「子ども診療室」を設立し、里からも一目 置かれる存在に成長して いた。ふとした瞬間、頭に浮かぶうちはサスケの 姿。。。サクラの恋絵巻が今、紐解かれる一一。

After the end of the Shinobi World War, Sasuke left the village approximately 2 years ago. As a medical ninja, she founded “The Children’s Clinic”. She had matured as someone whose presence was acknowledged as superior by the village. At an unexpected moment, Uchiha Sasuke’s appearance came to mind…Now perusing through Sakura’s love picture scroll—.

– OrganicDinosaur [ x ]

I would really take this children clinic " achievement " with a grain of sault...here is why

The whole “Oh but it took Sakura to make a children’s ward at Konoha Hospital” line in Sakura Hiden is so ridiculous it can safely be regarded as retcon kitten. Konoha put THREE YEARS OLD CHILDREN to train as soldiers - that’s the age Itachi had when he entered the Academy - and SIX YEARS OLD CHILDREN tofight wars

As we saw in Part I, all soldiers had medical treatment at their disposal, so, obviously, there was no need for a “children’s clinic”, since so many of them were children themselves. 

The scene where Mikoto and her kids go visit Naruto at the hospital’s maternity ward shows that there was pediatric care for babies as well, making the claim that it took Sakura to intervene for Konoha to medically care for its children even emptier - and more ridiculous

As for mental health, yes, THAT is something absolutely absent from the Narutoverse - and it’s STILL absent in chapter 700 - but of course they had to give Sakura a useless achievement because she’s a woman - and female doctors are obviously only interested and capable of becoming OBGYNs and pediatricians, in the mind of misogynists. 

http://gweatherwax.t...on-youtube-like

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#84 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

What a load of crap...

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#85 TheBestUsernameEver

TheBestUsernameEver

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

"As we saw in Part I, all soldiers had medical treatment at their disposal."

Not really. That's why Dan was advocating the need for more medic-nin.

"so, obviously, there was no need for a “children’s clinic”, since so many of them were children themselves." 

What?  Sorry but I'm not getting the logic behind this reasoning.

"The scene where Mikoto and her kids go visit Naruto at the hospital’s maternity ward shows that there was pediatric care for babies as well, making the claim that it took Sakura to intervene for Konoha to medically care for its children even emptier - and more ridiculous. "

Like nobody claimed that it took Sakura to make Konoha care for its kids. The claim is that Sakura as an excellent medic-nin is doing something for the kids instead of sitting idly knitting scarves.She's thinking of the kids and is doing something good for Konoha's future.She opened a Children's clinic which specially deals with kid's health. Both physical and mental.

As for mental health, yes, THAT is something absolutely absent from the Narutoverse - and it’s STILL absent in chapter 700 
The lack of a special mention does not mean absence.There exist bars, schools, autopsy and post-mortem departments, torture units etc but a mental health care unit is too out of the realm of the OP's imagination. One would think that the need for a mental health care unit would be more pressed upon after the war. And Ino being from the Yamanaka clan is helping Sakura with its establishment makes sense.

- and it’s STILL absent in chapter 700  
Firstly the novels aren't canon. They're fan-service. So anything in the novels wouldn't necessarily fit the manga timeline.
Second even if the novels were canon we still wouldn't have gotten anything in chapter 700. 700 is a prologue, its an intro. Apart from Naruto, Shikamaru, Shizune, Konohomaru and his team, Iruka, Kurenai's daughter and Shino nobody is doing anything of substance. That's why part three exists as the real epilogue with answers as to what Sai, Kiba, Sasuke, Temari, Sakura , Chouji are doing.

but of course they had to give Sakura a useless achievement because she’s a woman -
No achievement is USELESS. I mean isn't that literally an oxymoron? Useless achievement? Hmm..maybe not.

And more importantly opening a facility for kids suits Sakura NOT because she's a women but becauuse the manga portrays her as a person who cares for kids.
Right from the wave arc.
tumblr_inline_nlofx8OLQQ1rnm52c_500.jpg
And:
tumblr_inline_nlofxjzw2t1rnm52c_500.jpg t

and female doctors are obviously only interested and capable of becoming OBGYNs and pediatricians, in the mind of misogynists.
 This statement effectively erases a majority of Sakura's feats from the manga where she's a medic-nin and heals not just kids but soldiers in wars. She's advertised in the preview of the novel as an 'Excellent medic-NIN and not as an OBGYN." Nobody said that she can only deliver babies or care for pregnant women. Nobody but the OP is denying Sakura's other feats. Ignoring all of her accomplishments in the manga and stating this one as "useless"?
And really calling someone a mysoginist based on one single line?? That's a little too extreme don't you think?

And sorry but what does the OP mean by -only interested and capable of becoming OBGYNs and pediatricians, ???
Becoming OBGYNs and pediatricians are HUGE achievements. These doctors are in no way less "Successful" or "capable". The thought that a doctor that deals with women's or kids issues is in anyway or form less then a doctor that deals with soldiers is far more rooted in misogyny. 

#86 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

Well novels aren't canon, true. Still, I feel like it's something to go against the anti-Sakura, which falls under too little too late. Well, the epilogue is too little too late, which is why the ending is terrible.

#87 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

Really this is the first time  i saw how they use the characters and lead them out from the  anime fantasy, is sad.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#88 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:29 PM

Ok so the only good thing coming from this novel perhaps. Sakura has opened a new children's facility. This just makes my heart all warm and fuzzy tbh.

大戦終結後、サスケが里を去り約2年。サクラは医療忍者として「子ども診療室」を設立し、里からも一目 置かれる存在に成長して いた。ふとした瞬間、頭に浮かぶうちはサスケの 姿。。。サクラの恋絵巻が今、紐解かれる一一。

After the end of the Shinobi World War, Sasuke left the village approximately 2 years ago. As a medical ninja, she founded “The Children’s Clinic”. She had matured as someone whose presence was acknowledged as superior by the village. At an unexpected moment, Uchiha Sasuke’s appearance came to mind…Now perusing through Sakura’s love picture scroll—.

– OrganicDinosaur [ x ]

Sums her role in whole manga.

#89 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

Well novels aren't canon, true. Still, I feel like it's something to go against the anti-Sakura, which falls under too little too late. Well, the epilogue is too little too late, which is why the ending is terrible.

The novels aren't canon? Then whats the point of making them and selling them? To the milk the franchise even further for useless reasons. :down:  :down:  

Edited by rikakim94, 28 March 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#90 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

The novels aren't canon? Then whats the point of making them and selling them? To the milk the franchise even further for useless reasons. :down:  :down:  

That's basically the point.

#91 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

but they are canon.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#92 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:13 AM

Here we come.

#93 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Here we come.

jjSia8V.gif

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#94 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

Battle of NS gods.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#95 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

* Sakura and Ino leave a conference room within the Konoha Hospital. They chat a bit about a patient. (I think that the digital edition of the excerpt will include the pages leading up to this?)

*Ino tells Sakura that she is popular among her kouhai (後輩= juniors in terms of seniority), since she works quite diligently as a medical ninja. Besides that, she's also beautiful.

* About two years ago (at the end of the 4th Great Shinobi World War), Sakura proposed the idea of afacility for 子どもの心のケア= children's mental care. It seems that Sakura especially made herself in charge of this unit .

* Tsunade thought that it would be a great idea, and that it would be further advanced by Sakura's leadership.

* Ino volunteered to help.

* The name of the facility is 「子ども心療室」which I think I will translate into something like"Children's Mental Clinic". In just half a year, they are already in the prep phase of it. This print excerpt didn't tell me if it's like internal medicine, ifit addresses behavioral problems , psychiatry, etc. So this will probably get fleshed out in other excerpts. It has to do with mental health, I believe.

* Ino invites Sakura out for a break, but Sakura declines because she wants to get some work done. Ino's facial expression seems a bit worried.

* Sakura then encounters Naruto and Hinata. Theyare not in mission clothes because they both happen to be off-duty and on a date.

* I think that the author is referring to the one-shot manga from the Retsu no Sho (The Last's guidebook). Naruto talks about borrowing's Sai magazine. They are on their way to Ichiraku Ramen.

* The Naruto and Hinata wedding is coming up soon. They've already been acknowledged as a couple for a few months now. Sakura has recieved her invitation to the marriage ceremony.

* Naruto invites Sakura along for ramen, but she declines.

* Sakura reflects on the scene, and thinks about how happy the two of them are together as they go off without her. Naruto says some sort of joke, and Hinata laughs. Sakura seems happy and supportive of them.

#96 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:57 AM

Sounds like they're trying to make the "sakura's just a cheap housewife" argument gone.

Edited by lupina, 29 March 2015 - 11:57 AM.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#97 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

who knows.....

#98 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Whenever I think it can't go further down, it does. 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#99 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

smh awful jus awful

#100 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

I dunno if I should laugh or cry tbh. :/ This is like every nh fic I imagined. Sakura is lonely and Naruto has left her to be with Hinata of all people, but they were always together and they would be if it all hadn't been sold out. She is waiting for her prince to come home wtf? The Sakura I love would take her life into her own hands.

but they are canon.

Yeah, it's "canon". Who cares about canon? :hm: It exists just to keep milking of the next gen, and the original characters would be disgusted by their new selves. The actual story was cut off long ago, and the current canon is seperated from that. kitten canon. :mad:

ナルサク

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: narusaku, anti sasusaku, sakura hiden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users