375 replies to this topic

#81 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

The only thing is, Arakawa's taking what amounts to a month-long hiatus from now. (Damn you Aeakawa!! 111193.gif) but anyways, she's a genius, that's for sure. After a hilarious chapter, she takes us into a depressing one. Now that's what I call an evil genius.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#82 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 30 2011, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter 26: http://www.mangaread...ver-spoon/26/19

I bet any of you saw that coming eh? I liked the part were they go watch an video about slaughter houses, it's an important thing for whoever work with animals. I already went to slaughter houses myself, even thought I never really saw the real thing, but it was not because I was disgusted or scared, I would just feel really bad seeing an animal being killed, so I would rather avoid it. I wonder if Hashiken is gonna eat pork bowl all by himself.

You linked the last page.

#83 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 30 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You linked the last page.

My bad, fixed it already.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#84 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

Chapter 28: http://www.mangaread...lver-spoon/28/2

Something on my gut says that sending that meat is going to cause more trouble then solve it. Perhaps Hachiken should just stop listening to his stupid brother.

#85 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

I think it's a good thing that Hachi sent bacon to his family. Like Yugo said, it's showing his determination, in this case, his determination to forge his own path separate from his parents' pressure. Of course it's going to cause conflict, but it'll cause Hachi to make a decision about his life and make his parents see that too.

#86 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Chapter 29: http://www.mangaread...silver-spoon/29

His father definitely looks scary.

Another great chapter, and this definitely made me chuckle. laugh.gif It seems Aki may be getting drawn to Hachiken, she does seem to be rather clumsy whenever there's a hint of another girl being romantically involved with him. I liked the final panel showing the school motto, it seems to match Hachiken perfectly. happy.gif

It looks like we may finally be seeing a connection between Hachiken and the Silver Spoon, if he's going to be involved in food production.

#87 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

that everyone walks around half-rabid for food. They big tension in each chapter is over fresh food, cooking, etc. So funny! Thanks for posting these links, guys. I forget about this manga, and then I'm so thrilled to see a new chapter up!

#88 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Y'know if this was ever adapted in an anime and released in the US, I wish Vic Mignogna voices Hachiken.
I just hear Edward's voice whenever Hachiken speaks or freaks out. sweat.gif

#89 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

Chapter 30: http://www.mangaread...lver-spoon/30/2

You gotta love how they carefully plan everything for something as trivial as sneaking out the dorms, lol, that place is high security! Do those guys even care to explain to Hachiken why the hell they are going out the dorms in first place? And I cracked up every time they came up with an plan, and Hachiken exp​ression was "are you freaking serious?!"

#90 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Feb 17 2012, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You gotta love how they carefully plan everything for something as trivial as sneaking out the dorms, lol, that place is high security! Do those guys even care to explain to Hachiken why the hell they are going out the dorms in first place? And I cracked up every time they came up with an plan, and Hachiken exp​ression was "are you freaking serious?!"

I can't decide which I like more: their crazy enthusiasm or Hachiken's reactions! Last time they were all like zombies for the food, now they are synchronizing their phones. It's really, really funny.

#91 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Pizza...DESTRUCTO DISC! *splat*

#92 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Feb 17 2012, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (tricksie @ Feb 17 2012, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't decide which I like more: their crazy enthusiasm or Hachiken's reactions! Last time they were all like zombies for the food, now they are synchronizing their phones. It's really, really funny.

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing at this chapter! I enjoyed it so much I immediately had to read it twice more. Silver Spoon is definitely my favourite manga at present, it's just a breath of fresh air. biggrin.gif

Any guesses as to what "he" might be?

#93 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 17 2012, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing at this chapter! I enjoyed it so much I immediately had to read it twice more. Silver Spoon is definitely my favourite manga at present, it's just a breath of fresh air. biggrin.gif

Any guesses as to what "he" might be?

More than Naruto, Kage Smiter? smile.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#94 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hiromu Arakawa's writing is far superior than Kishi.

FMA > Naruto.

Still, can't compare Silver Spoon 'slice of life' and Naruto (shonen).

#95 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Haha, No doubt. actually superior to any shonen jump manga But Naruto is still tied with Fullmetal Alchemist for first place in my favorite series And I still think Kishimoto is a brilliant manga artist/author. biggrin.gif
Silver spoon can't compare to FMA But I still like it it's quite refreshing. smile.gif I hope it doesn't cancel.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 February 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#96 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Feb 19 2012, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More than Naruto, Kage Smiter? smile.gif

Pretty much. wink.gif I have a soft spot for "slice of life" manga, especially ones that is as well-written as Silver Spoon. Densha Otoko is also an old favourite.

Of course, I will always read Naruto, and it does still have its epic moments. It's just that Kishi's writing isn't always the best. sweat.gif

#97 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yeah, I have to agree with that actually. Although granted work always high quality ant weekly shonen jump cause it's a weekly thing so everything is rushed I guess. But Silver spoon is definitely a great read. smile.gif

#98 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 20 2012, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty much. wink.gif I have a soft spot for "slice of life" manga, especially ones that is as well-written as Silver Spoon. Densha Otoko is also an old favourite.

Of course, I will always read Naruto, and it does still have its epic moments. It's just that Kishi's writing isn't always the best. sweat.gif

DEEEEENSHAAAA!!!!! I love Densha Otoko!

A good slice of life is refreshing every once in while especially amidst the shounen stuff, which I love, but many of them can be same-y. Thanks to everyone here, I just picked this up and it's been a lot of fun catching up. Slice of life anything isn't usually my thing. I get bored easily because usually nothing happens, and a lot of them get a little scattered then watered down. And I also usually get bored with the main character(s). But I like Yugo. I thought the naming of the pigs stuff was hilarious.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#99 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Silver Spoon 31 is up.

XD

Hachiken's reactions to things the other Yezo High students find awesome will never get old.

And that last page... *snerk*
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#100 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Feb 21 2012, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Silver Spoon 31 is up.

XD

Hachiken's reactions to things the other Yezo High students find awesome will never get old.

And that last page... *snerk*

Yeah, I love it. It fails to disappoint, no matter what they're doing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users