• Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#81 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:57 PM

I love it when him and Yona are picking on each other XD
Sunwoo- you might change your mind in the future about him. I personally think he's a great emperor- too bad he had to kill his own uncle...
Right now, there are 86 chapters translated, but there are 106 chapters already in Japan. The translators are slowly but surely picking up the speed.

Yeah I love it too. Although, I get the sense that Hak might be suffering some because of his love for Yona? Hmm, I'm not sure I'll like him :hm:

That Yona/Jea-ha moment. I wouldn't really have a problem with that (even though Jea-ha's kind of a player and a pervert, haha), but unfortunately for Jea-ha, I don't think Yona sees him that way. Sorry Jea-ha. :sweatdrop:

I've been noticing Yona's hair getting longer too. I think the length it is right now suits her pretty well.

I always really liked seeing the way manga artists' improve and refine their art over the years. I don't know, it just really shows how far they've come. I think Naruto's the only manga I've read where the art actually started to get worse after a certain point.

:hehehe:

Hak is awesome and super funny, though my overall favorite character is Yona. Most people don't seem to like Soo-won, but actually find his character quite interesting. He grew on me and I think there's more to him than what you see at first.

I like Yona too so far, I find her cute XD hopin she turns out to be a great character, so that I'm not fooled like I was with others :hm:

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#82 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

I like Yona too so far, I find her cute XD hopin she turns out to be a great character, so that I'm not fooled like I was with others :hm:

Yona goes through a lot, and I mean a lot, of character development. She's just all around amazing in later arcs (not sure where you are with it right now?).

#83 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

Yona goes through a lot, and I mean a lot, of character development. She's just all around amazing in later arcs (not sure where you are with it right now?).

That's good to hear! I'm on chapter 13 right now XD

EXL5X4B.png

#84 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

That Yona/Jea-ha moment. I wouldn't really have a problem with that (even though Jea-ha's kind of a player and a pervert, haha), but unfortunately for Jea-ha, I don't think Yona sees him that way. Sorry Jea-ha. :sweatdrop:

I've been noticing Yona's hair getting longer too. I think the length it is right now suits her pretty well.

I always really liked seeing the way manga artists' improve and refine their art over the years. I don't know, it just really shows how far they've come. I think Naruto's the only manga I've read where the art actually started to get worse after a certain point.

:hehehe:

Hak is awesome and super funny, though my overall favorite character is Yona. Most people don't seem to like Soo-won, but actually find his character quite interesting. He grew on me and I think there's more to him than what you see at first.

Who wouldn't fall for Yona, imao? But yeah, sorry, Jae-Ha- as much as I love you: Uhuh, Yona belongs to Hak U_U

Ok, truth be told: I was never a fan of the artstyle in Naruto. True, he kept the female bodies mostly simple, but ugh, still don't like it.

Favorite character: Yona here. You don't see such a great female protagonist often.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#85 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

Yeah I love it too. Although, I get the sense that Hak might be suffering some because of his love for Yona? Hmm, I'm not sure I'll like him :hm:

Maybe. In the past, he would have been content with just being Yona's bodyguard and with seeing her marry Sunwoo, but that is rather a meak future in my eyes for someone like him.

And now he's given up his status as the leader of the wind tribe and was ready to wander around as a criminal.

He's really ready to sacrifice a lot for her.

That's good to hear! I'm on chapter 13 right now XD

Ch.13- wait until you get to the arc where the green dragon shows up. Should be around the 30-43 chapters if I remember correctly.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#86 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

Who wouldn't fall for Yona, imao? But yeah, sorry, Jae-Ha- as much as I love you: Uhuh, Yona belongs to Hak U_U

Ok, truth be told: I was never a fan of the artstyle in Naruto. True, he kept the female bodies mostly simple, but ugh, still don't like it.

Favorite character: Yona here. You don't see such a great female protagonist often.

I feel kind of sorry for Jea-ha, because I do think his feelings are genuine, but regardless I'm for Hak/Yona all the way.

Naruto's art was decent at one point, but I was never a huge fan of it and then it became more unpleasant to look at and just felt sloppy at times. Meh. There are much, much better manga artists out there -- my personal favorite is Mochizuki Jun, I could stare at her art for days. :wub:

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 06 May 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#87 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

Maybe. In the past, he would have been content with just being Yona's bodyguard and with seeing her marry Sunwoo, but that is rather a meak future in my eyes for someone like him.
And now he's given up his status as the leader of the wind tribe and was ready to wander around as a criminal.
He's really ready to sacrifice a lot for her.

Ch.13- wait until you get to the arc where the green dragon shows up. Should be around the 30-43 chapters if I remember correctly.

I feel like Hak's always loved her but he knew what she wanted and he wasn't going to interfere in that...

EXL5X4B.png

#88 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

I feel like Hak's always loved her but he knew what she wanted and he wasn't going to interfere in that...

He knows his status... There will come a certain moment b/w them that remains to be one of my personal favorites (no, it's not smut). It happens after the blue dragon joins them.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#89 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

I feel kind of sorry for Jea-ha, because I do think his feelings are genuine, but regardless I'm for Hak/Yona all the way.

Naruto's art was decent at one point, but I was never a huge fan of it and then it became more unpleasant to look at and just felt sloppy at times. Meh. There are much, much better manga artists out there -- my personal favorite is Mochizuki Jun, I could stare at her art for days. :wub:

Jae-Ha is a difficult character... I hope to find more about his past alongside Kija in the future. Kija btw- needs to have more representation in my eyes. The mangaka to Pandora Hearts!

Hmm, I don't have a personal favorite mangaka. But my favorite artstyle I know of right now is in One-Punch Man.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#90 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

YES :argh:

Edited by Gaara's hair, 06 May 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#91 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:57 PM

Akatsuki no Yona Volume Covers

Edited by trang95, 08 May 2015 - 09:36 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#92 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:03 AM

Fangirl squealed a bit at the last couple of pages in chapter 15 :wibble:

EXL5X4B.png

#93 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:06 AM

Fangirl squealed a bit at the last couple of pages in chapter 15 :wibble:

More moments will come :chuckle:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#94 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:18 AM

More moments will come :chuckle:

I hope so. Was I right btw? When I said that because of his feelings for Yona, Hak suffers?

EXL5X4B.png

#95 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:39 AM

I hope so. Was I right btw? When I said that because of his feelings for Yona, Hak suffers?

Hmm... Hard to say. He definitely is willing to sacrifice a lot for her. Whenever she gets hurt, he blames himself for it but that does not mean that he stops her every time when she is doing something dangerous. He does give a her freedom, and, like I said, while he wishes to tie her down, he's much more interested in seeing Yona's transformation.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#96 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:48 AM

Hmm... Hard to say. He definitely is willing to sacrifice a lot for her. Whenever she gets hurt, he blames himself for it but that does not mean that he stops her every time when she is doing something dangerous. He does give a her freedom, and, like I said, while he wishes to tie her down, he's much more interested in seeing Yona's transformation.

I guess I mean does he suffer knowing that he loves her, but she doesn't love him? In the same way that Naruto suffered because Sakura loved someone else?

EXL5X4B.png

#97 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:06 AM

I guess I mean does he suffer knowing that he loves her, but she doesn't love him? In the same way that Naruto suffered because Sakura loved someone else?

Oh, that's what you mean XD That's actually a good question. I'll try not to spoiler too much to you. Well, how should I put this... So that hair accessorize Sunwoo gave to Yona symbolizes her lingering attachment towards Sunwoo. So far, she has not thrown it away (but she will when the time comes for it), and that does trouble Hak. He is uncertain of what she thinks of Sunwoo now. He has always held back his feelings b/c he thought his love would never be requited and b/c of their difference in statuses.

Now, as time goes on, he learns that he has not "genuinely desired her" so far.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#98 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

I like how Yona's motivation is Hak himself, and how he's always the first person that she thinks of thus far.

EXL5X4B.png

#99 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

I like how Yona's motivation is Hak himself, and how he's always the first person that she thinks of thus far.

Yes! Whenever she shoots an arrow or takes a sword in her hand, she wants him to be proud of herself and her accomplishments.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#100 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

Yes! Whenever she shoots an arrow or takes a sword in her hand, she wants him to be proud of herself and her accomplishments.

I'm at the part where they went to get the Seiryuu and got caved in after the earthquake, and shes frantic about getting back to Hak and if he's okay, while he's frantic trying to get to her. So much potential with this ship :wibble:

EXL5X4B.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users