Close
Photo

Why is NaruHina the fan-preferred couple?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#81 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 15 2010, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wether NH fans like it or not the girl who will always be the most important person in Naruto's life is Sakura not Hinata. Sakura was the first girl to pay attention to him during his lonely childhood even like you said that the attention she gave him was to scold him for playing a prank or doing someting wrong. But I'm sure to Naruto getting scold was better than paying no attention to him at all, the kid looking for some attention would love to at least get scold and no less a girl (ironically the girl he likes. smile.gif).

Sakura was probably the only girl who didn't hated Naruto she only saw him as an annoying person who was trying to get in her way of Sasuke. But at least she talk to him and took her time to scold him for doing something wrong althogh inner Sakura seems to disagree she seem to like his pranks especially when Kakashi fell for the eraser on the ceiling (I'm sure the adults told their kids to ignore Naruto). During part 1 like part 2 she has shown strong signs that she cares for Naruto for various reasons:

-During the wave arc when Naruto wounded himself with the poisoned kunai making the oath of pain she quickly suggested to Kakashi to return to the village to treat his wound (that is a sign that she cares about him if you ask me sleep.gif).

-She saved his life when they dodged Zabuza's sword in ch 11 (she pushed Naruto out of the way and she landed on top of his back, boy that sure is caring for someone especially when she made such action on Naruto and not on Sasuke very unlikely for someone to like the Uchiha so much tongue.gif.)

-During the first test of the chunin exams she was willing to forfeit the team getting disqualify and ban from taking the exams again than seeing Naruto's dream being crush not caring that Sasuke might get angry at her for her decision (yes she said that his dream of Hokage is impossible to achieve but at least she wanted to protect it and not seeing it crush).

-She cheered for Naruto during his match with Kiba (she probably did it because she was thankful that he cheered for her during her match with Ino but she still shows that she cares for him.)

-Sasuke told her not to tell Naruto about the curse seal and she did kept quiet for a while until she finally decides to tell him but she decides to tell him anyway( okay this isn't really caring for him but she trusts him).

I think there are more signs in part 1 where Sakura has shown that she cares for Naruto but that will be all for me. I won't mention part 2 because like holy demon said there are all over the place because Sakura has shown nothing but caring for Naruto (more than a friend or a sister for the matter). As for Hinata I won't bring her in this because holy demon has already pin pointed the reasons why Naruto will never care for her in the same lenghts as Sakura or even see her as a love interest.

Those signs make me believe (and hope) that Naruto and Sakura had some kind connection during there early childhood and that Sakura "secretly liked Naruto but pretended to like Sasuke" in the words of Vegeta3986 and MasakoX from Naruto The Abridged Series. I know that it's probably most likely not the case but a man can hope and dream. shamefulcry0js.gif

#82 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 15 2010, 05:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those signs make me believe (and hope) that Naruto and Sakura had some kind connection during there early childhood and that Sakura "secretly liked Naruto but pretended to like Sasuke" in the words of Vegeta3986 and MasakoX from Naruto The Abridged Series. I know that it's probably most likely not the case but a man can hope and dream. shamefulcry0js.gif

It's not that Sakura pretended to like Sasuke she did liked him but the like was more in a inspirational way nothing of romantic love. She was just another shallow girl like the rest of the fan girl club she hardly knew better she basically follow the crowd because she wanted to get attention or better yet acknowledge (like Naruto ironically smile.gif) by the other girls as "the girl that will become Sasuke's girlfriend". Trying to fit in with the crowd is where her crush on Sasuke started it wasn't really romantic feelings at all.

But as the manga progressed we saw how much she started changing her view on both Naruto and Sasuke. For the better for Naruto and for the worst for Sasuke she probably started fearing him and even now after seeing him again on 483 since their last reunion.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#83 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 15 2010, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not that Sakura pretended to like Sasuke she did liked him but the like was more in a inspirational way nothing of romantic love. She was just another shallow girl like the rest of the fan girl club she hardly knew better she basically follow the crowd because she wanted to get attention or better yet acknowledge (like Naruto ironically smile.gif) by the other girls as "the girl that will become Sasuke's girlfriend". Trying to fit in with the crowd is where her crush on Sasuke started it wasn't really romantic feelings at all.

But as the manga progressed we saw how much she started changing her view on both Naruto and Sasuke. For the better for Naruto and for the worst for Sasuke she probably started fearing him and even now after seeing him again on 483 since their last reunion.

NOTHING SAYS "I LOVE YOU" LIKE A CHIDORI THROUGH THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

I wouldn't exactly say that Sakura was shallow, she just wanted to fit in with a crowd...... That happened to be a crowd full of shallow fangirls heheelq7.png . You know, what you basically just said. It most likely won't happen but then again, Kishi could do one of his plot twist or something. I would still like to see what Naruto's and Sakura's relationship was like in their early childhood if they even had one at all.

On Topic: In my opinion, it seems like watching Sakura punch Naruto is like watching an episode of Law&Order: Special Victims Unit to a naruhina fan. That's how I view the hole "Sakura is abusive to Naruto by hitting him" argument since they complain about it so much that they can't see that it's meant to be harmless humor. You'd think that with the facial expressions that are drawn most people would know that by now. If it was serious then it would be like when Naruto was interrogated by Karui and Omui.

#84 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 15 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NOTHING SAYS "I LOVE YOU" LIKE A CHIDORI THROUGH THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

I wouldn't exactly say that Sakura was shallow, she just wanted to fit in with a crowd...... That happened to be a crowd full of shallow fangirls heheelq7.png . You know, what you basically just said. It most likely won't happen but then again, Kishi could do one of his plot twist or something. I would still like to see what Naruto's and Sakura's relationship was like in their early childhood if they even had one at all.

On Topic: In my opinion, it seems like watching Sakura punch Naruto is like watching an episode of Law&Order: Special Victims Unit to a naruhina fan. That's how I view the hole "Sakura is abusive to Naruto by hitting him" argument since they complain about it so much that they can't see that it's meant to be harmless humor. You'd think that with the facial expressions that are drawn most people would know that by now. If it was serious then it would be like when Naruto was interrogated by Karui and Omui.

I agree especially since there are some Naruto/Karui pairing fics from that particular scene of the manga kruemelmonsteryn0.gif (most of them are rated M if you know what I mean nosebleed8rx.gif)
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#85 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

The whole abuse argument is fundamentally flawed anyways. Shes hit him a grand whopping total of 6 maybe 7 times in 500+ chapters if that many. So it really doesnt even fly.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#86 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:08 AM

They just show Sakura hit Naruto more in the anime as a means to get more comedy out of it, but instead it blew up into something a lot more... dry.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#87 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 15 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole abuse argument is fundamentally flawed anyways. Shes hit him a grand whopping total of 6 maybe 7 times in 500+ chapters if that many. So it really doesnt even fly.

But most people also count the "anime filler" parts as well. They will add those and expand it, unfortunately. sleep.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#88 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Oct 15 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They just show Sakura hit Naruto more in the anime as a means to get more comedy out of it, but instead it blew up into something a lot more... dry.gif

Again, how many anime/manga do we have where there is a Tsundere character who is in love and or falls in love with a main character?

Too many to count. 3 outcomes occur

1. They get married at the end. (Kenshin, Love Hina.)

2. They remain unrequited but heavily hinted at. (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun.)

3. Nothing happens. I can't think of any where they fall into this category, but I am sure there are some.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#89 jason voorhees

jason voorhees

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

3. Nothing happens. I can't think of any where they fall into this category, but I am sure there are some.

ask catsi@ or ciardha@ but i dont think there is any the way ciardha has told me.

#90 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I always thought it was funny that NaruHina fans use the argument "opposites attract", but if you've ever taken an intoductory psychology class and studied why people are attracted to one another, it says opposites don't attract. People want to be with someone who is like them in many ways. Opposite people may be infatuated with each other at the beginning, but they won't last in a long-term relationship. I think Naruto would get bored with Hinata pretty quickly if they hooked up.

#91 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

I'd say it's a mixture of "If the Guy is hot and has a probable big kitten, and the girl is kinda hot and has huge breasts, they're obviously made for each other", and the fact that girls with low self-esteem and chauvinistic guys can relate to the pairing since the guys want a girl who doesn't talk in the slightest and is pretty much there for her looks, and the girls just want to relate to Hinata because she's quiet in demeanor like them, and want her to get what she wants so they can feel like they're getting what they want to. This issue goes on a multi-spectral level of consciousness and inspirational conundrums that could lead one to over-analyze the entirety of the concept of love and the ramifications of J.K. Rowling's pairing of Hermione and Ronald, along with Harry and Ginny due to the fact that they were obviously made up with forced dialogue and completely out-of-character moments that seem contrived. This topic will forever go down in history as the game-changer for romantic development in stories, mirroring that of The Great Gatsby and Sweeney Todd as they challenged our peripheral views of relationships within relationships and the possibility of true love being either true or false.

Or, they could just be complete imbeciles that'll just move on to another pairing with completely unconnected characters in another manga as soon as Naruto is over. I don't care at this point, I stopped really liking this manga when I realized that these aren't ninjas but just Dragonball Z characters and fashion-model two-dimensional beings used for psuedo-romantic debates over Japanese manga characters.

#92 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

Actually the issue with the opposites attract arguments is that they deliberately misread the full statement.

opposites attract but do not interact.

That is the core problem of the NaruHina relationship. They assume that Hinata will grow a spine and be able to keep Naruto in line or calm him down through force of personality. This just simply isnt reasonable as shes shown no indication via the manga of doing any such thing. In point of fact shes done the opposite shes fired him up through being beat up on two occasions and on one occasion through her words.

This is what Hinata and other shy characters in shonenesque manga do. they serve as motivating factors for various plot devices. Look at Orihime from bleach as a prime example. During the fight with grimmjow Ichigo is getting creamed untill orihime reaches out to him motivating him.

Thus we come back to the core issue which is that Hinata is unlikely to change that drastically in personality. She might become slightly more assertive, but will not become the type of tsundereesque personality that is needed to keep a typical shonen male lead in line. Thats what most NaruHina supporters see as the end game.

they see hinata becoming like Sakura, shell be ncie and quiet and shy and cute like they like, and then when Naruto misbehaves shell suddenly go tsundere and knock him on the noggin or something and hell calm down.

Its based on a fallacy that the character will change to become the main female character ((Sakura))
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#93 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Oct 16 2010, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the issue with the opposites attract arguments is that they deliberately misread the full statement.

opposites attract but do not interact.

That is the core problem of the NaruHina relationship. They assume that Hinata will grow a spine and be able to keep Naruto in line or calm him down through force of personality. This just simply isnt reasonable as shes shown no indication via the manga of doing any such thing. In point of fact shes done the opposite shes fired him up through being beat up on two occasions and on one occasion through her words.

This is what Hinata and other shy characters in shonenesque manga do. they serve as motivating factors for various plot devices. Look at Orihime from bleach as a prime example. During the fight with grimmjow Ichigo is getting creamed untill orihime reaches out to him motivating him.

Thus we come back to the core issue which is that Hinata is unlikely to change that drastically in personality. She might become slightly more assertive, but will not become the type of tsundereesque personality that is needed to keep a typical shonen male lead in line. Thats what most NaruHina supporters see as the end game.

they see hinata becoming like Sakura, shell be ncie and quiet and shy and cute like they like, and then when Naruto misbehaves shell suddenly go tsundere and knock him on the noggin or something and hell calm down.

Its based on a fallacy that the character will change to become the main female character ((Sakura))

Oh I know that they want Hinata to become Sakura since they have already done a lot of that in fan art, fics and doujins changing her personality with Sakura turning her into a tsundere. They hate Sakura for hitting Naruto and they think she's an abussive ***** but if Hinata acts like that with Naruto they don't have a problem at all. In fact they think it's rather cute and funny. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#94 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 16 2010, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I know that they want Hinata to become Sakura since they have already done a lot of that in fan art, fics and doujins changing her personality with Sakura turning her into a tsundere. They hate Sakura for hitting Naruto and they think she's an abussive ***** but if Hinata acts like that with Naruto they don't have a problem at all. In fact they think it's rather cute and funny. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

This makes absolutely no sense to me. It's one thing if they don't like the Tsudere trope, but to apply it to the character of their preference is hypocrisy. They claim that because Hinata liked Naruto from the beginning and never hit him is the reason why they should be together in the first place. What gives her the right to act like that then? It sounds to me that they secretly like Sakura but for some reason won't admit it.

#95 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ Oct 16 2010, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This makes absolutely no sense to me. It's one thing if they don't like the Tsudere trope, but to apply it to the character of their preference is hypocrisy. They claim that because Hinata liked Naruto from the beginning and never hit him is the reason why they should be together in the first place. What gives her the right to act like that then? It sounds to me that they secretly like Sakura but for some reason won't admit it.

Denial anyone? emoticon_monocle.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#96 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 15 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree especially since there are some Naruto/Karui pairing fics from that particular scene of the manga kruemelmonsteryn0.gif (most of them are rated M if you know what I mean nosebleed8rx.gif)

I've seen some cases where there are naruhina fans absolutely hate Sakura for her tsundere qualities but are completely fine with narukarui. They say that Karui is a great character but Sakura is not when those two characters are similar to me. So Sakura punching Naruto with the both of them wearing comedic silly faces is not cool, but Karui brutally whaling on Naruto like a f***ing punching bag is okay? Isn't that there definition of abusive? When Sakura punches Naruto, he doesn't suffer much damage and is able to get back on his feet in a matter of seconds. When Karui pulverized Naruto, he suffered a lot of damage and had to get all his wounds bandaged up. That has never happened whenever Sakura had to discipline Naruto through physical violence. I'm just saying that it sounds completely hypocritical from a naruhina fan who ships narukarui for fun. I don't hate Karui, I think she's an interesting and cool character just like the rest of the Cloud Village ninja. I didn't really mind her beating up Naruto because he was obsessed with Sasuke and I think he really needed to have a taste of his own medicine and some sense beaten into him. I'm just saying that if a naruhina fan likes narukarui and hates narusaku then it might seem hypocritical on there part since they say that Sakura is abusive but Karui might be a more violent tsundere then Sakura and be fine with it.

I guess there fine with any girl (namely Hinata for naruhina fans) smacking Naruto around as long as it isn't Sakura. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#97 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 18 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen some cases where there are naruhina fans absolutely hate Sakura for her tsundere qualities but are completely fine with narukarui. They say that Karui is a great character but Sakura is not when those two characters are similar to me. So Sakura punching Naruto with the both of them wearing comedic silly faces is not cool, but Karui brutally whaling on Naruto like a f***ing punching bag is okay? Isn't that there definition of abusive? When Sakura punches Naruto, he doesn't suffer much damage and is able to get back on his feet in a matter of seconds. When Karui pulverized Naruto, he suffered a lot of damage and had to get all his wounds bandaged up. That has never happened whenever Sakura had to discipline Naruto through physical violence. I'm just saying that it sounds completely hypocritical from a naruhina fan who ships narukarui for fun. I don't hate Karui, I think she's an interesting and cool character just like the rest of the Cloud Village ninja. I didn't really mind her beating up Naruto because he was obsessed with Sasuke and I think he really needed to have a taste of his own medicine and some sense beaten into him. I'm just saying that if a naruhina fan likes narukarui and hates narusaku then it might seem hypocritical on there part since they say that Sakura is abusive but Karui might be a more violent tsundere then Sakura and be fine with it.

I guess there fine with any girl (namely Hinata for naruhina fans) smacking Naruto around as long as it isn't Sakura. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

This is my guess but I think they could be jealous of Sakura's character because she's the heroine of the manga, the girl Naruto likes and she has more face time in the manga than Hinata (well not now because we haven't seen her since 490).

Edited by Gravenimage, 19 October 2010 - 12:30 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#98 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 18 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my guess but I think they could be jealous of Sakura's character because she's the heroine of the manga, the girl Naruto likes and she has more face time in the manga than Hinata (well not now because we haven't seen her since 490).

Even though she isn't shown now, she's still the main heroine (most fans can't even grasp that concept, including the haters). Its the same situation during the Sasuke Retrieval arc when she haven't appear in like almost 25 chapters until the end.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#99 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

Duh. Because it's canon

#100 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Oct 19 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Duh. Because it's canon

...ha..haha...ha....... pinch.gif It's not even close to canon.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 19 October 2010 - 10:37 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users