• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#81 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:46 AM

Well. This is the most perfect time to talk about drugs and all that since that's what I'm learning in Health classes this term.

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Mar 23 2012, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can say that again. dry.gif In my school, the nineth graders are doing that kind of stuff..... It's sad really.

I really don't see how people these days find doing drugs/smoking is "cool". facepalm.png Seriously... It's just going to affect you in the long run. But yea, it's just painful to watch.

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Mar 23 2012, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9th graders?? What is happening to the world? So who is to blame for this? The parents, society or the person itself? Its really hard to find a solution to this.

I agree... the most sad part is that kids who are only my age are running around doing stuff like this. Then again... if this is the life these kids want to pursue, then I'll let them be, who am I to interfere with their lives? But they should be ready to face the consequences for doing so is what I say.

My cousin who is sixteen is, or was, one of my best cousins. My family and his family always used to visit each other a lot... we'd do what typical little kids do. Watch cartoons, play games, whether it be video games or party games, talk about funny moments, yeah all that. Hell we even had intense Pokemon and Yugioh card battles that'd end up so chaotic, yet we still had a laugh over it. So point is, we were kids and we enjoyed life while we could. It was just so much fun. Probably too much fun, but you can never have too much fun really.

I hadn't seen him for three years. We met again with his family at the beginning of February during my other cousin's eighteenth. If anyone remembers the pictures I posted of me in that black and white dress, this is the reason why I was wearing such attire. Anyway. I saw him at the party and he told me he started smoking weed a few months ago, which his brother did the same [I was close with him as well]. He even had a packet of weed cigarettes on him which he smoked outside. I had to stay away from him so I didn't inhale the smoke. I had the urge to tell my parents and his, but he told me to promise him not to tell anyone, even my older sister. I thought it was best to let someone know but I keep my promises, so I had to pretend that I didn't know a thing and that we just went outside to relive our old memories and all that. But I was just stunned that he would do something like that. He's become more rebellious the last time I saw him; smoking weed and he even got a tattoo at the top of his thigh without telling his parents! But me? I don't have any tats but I had to get permission from both my mom and dad just to get a left helix piercing last year. Yet he has the nerve to go running around smoking weed with his brother and no one knew except for me apparently.

What saddens me so much is that he was my closest cousin, even closer than my youngest cousin who will be thirteen this year. The awesome, epic, funny, lovable cousin I knew back then has now become one of those "cool" mofos that I see in society nowadays. There's really no other way I can describe said mofos but really I don't know what my cousins have become.

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Mar 23 2012, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's gotten that bad now? I use to remember a time when there was no such things as drugs in school, and the only drug we were addicted to was something called recess. I've also seen the ill side effects of drugs, they make you into a whole different person. I saw one of my best friends self destruct because of them... sad.gif

QFTTT (quoted for truthfully truthful truth)

I'm saying something absolutely redundant just to get my point across about how much I agree with you.

So anyway Fenfengrizzlycutelittlebear...

biggrin.gif

Edited by Rocket, 23 March 2012 - 07:49 AM.

JA2DBzd.png

#82 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,986 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

I suppose it's sometimes due to family troubles. Some of my friends that do that kind of stuff are not close to their parents or siblings and fought with them I think. So maybe that is a reason.

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 March 2012 - 08:42 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#83 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

And now for something completely random:

tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#84 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 23 2012, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well. This is the most perfect time to talk about drugs and all that since that's what I'm learning in Health classes this term.

I agree... the most sad part is that kids who are only my age are running around doing stuff like this. Then again... if this is the life these kids want to pursue, then I'll let them be, who am I to interfere with their lives? But they should be ready to face the consequences for doing so is what I say.

My cousin who is sixteen is, or was, one of my best cousins. My family and his family always used to visit each other a lot... we'd do what typical little kids do. Watch cartoons, play games, whether it be video games or party games, talk about funny moments, yeah all that. Hell we even had intense Pokemon and Yugioh card battles that'd end up so chaotic, yet we still had a laugh over it. So point is, we were kids and we enjoyed life while we could. It was just so much fun. Probably too much fun, but you can never have too much fun really.

I hadn't seen him for three years. We met again with his family at the beginning of February during my other cousin's eighteenth. If anyone remembers the pictures I posted of me in that black and white dress, this is the reason why I was wearing such attire. Anyway. I saw him at the party and he told me he started smoking weed a few months ago, which his brother did the same [I was close with him as well]. He even had a packet of weed cigarettes on him which he smoked outside. I had to stay away from him so I didn't inhale the smoke. I had the urge to tell my parents and his, but he told me to promise him not to tell anyone, even my older sister. I thought it was best to let someone know but I keep my promises, so I had to pretend that I didn't know a thing and that we just went outside to relive our old memories and all that. But I was just stunned that he would do something like that. He's become more rebellious the last time I saw him; smoking weed and he even got a tattoo at the top of his thigh without telling his parents! But me? I don't have any tats but I had to get permission from both my mom and dad just to get a left helix piercing last year. Yet he has the nerve to go running around smoking weed with his brother and no one knew except for me apparently.

What saddens me so much is that he was my closest cousin, even closer than my youngest cousin who will be thirteen this year. The awesome, epic, funny, lovable cousin I knew back then has now become one of those "cool" mofos that I see in society nowadays. There's really no other way I can describe said mofos but really I don't know what my cousins have become.

QFTTT (quoted for truthfully truthful truth)

I'm saying something absolutely redundant just to get my point across about how much I agree with you.

So anyway Fenfengrizzlycutelittlebear...

biggrin.gif

My heart just broke. The same exact thing happened to me, too. I know exactly how you feel Rocket sad.gif My cousin and i were close as ever once too, he came over every day, practically lived here and stuff. Just a few years ago he did a 180 and started doing pot; got involved with the wrong people. Started getting into fights at school... and it's not like my families drug involved or anything like that, in fact we're just the opposite, it all came as a real shock when we found out what he was doing. I refer to the person he was as "dead" because the person he is now, is a total stranger. His brother agrees, too. It's kinda odd, as a kid he was always boasting about how he joined "D.A.R.E" (drug abuse resistance education.) and.. now.. well. I feel really bad Rocket cause i know were you're coming from. Hopefully they both get better. :/ I'll pray for your cousins.

Edited by Fenris, 24 March 2012 - 06:11 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#85 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

As for what I know, a majority of the people I know at school have done pot or are currently doing pot. They seem all right though. Sometimes they try to invite me to join them, but I just dodge them. Hell, some people even show up high to school I remember one time during freshman year they tried to make a piece (tool for smoking weed, fyi) out of a water bottle and a broken pen. And it worked. O_O

#86 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

What the heck is this world coming to? Back in my high school days, all I have to worry about is my grades and my status with a couple of my relationships to see if I'm not screwing them up, I did, but I always landed on my feet without any other issues warranted.

Nowadays, how the heck did it get to this point?

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#87 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 24 2012, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for what I know, a majority of the people I know at school have done pot or are currently doing pot. They seem all right though. Sometimes they try to invite me to join them, but I just dodge them. Hell, some people even show up high to school I remember one time during freshman year they tried to make a piece (tool for smoking weed, fyi) out of a water bottle and a broken pen. And it worked. O_O

sweatdrop.gif Damn. People really are desperate, huh? My friends did something similar with a straw and a water bottle, posted it on twitter like it was something to be proud of too. facepalm.png
I keep seeing people boasting about how weed isn't addictive. Someone said it right to my face, too. Screw that, I beg to differ. First weed, next pills, next lsd, next cocaine, next heroine, next meth, or in some kinda order like that. I've seen all of this progresss through facebook statuses of stupid mutual friends. ermm.gif People may not realize it, but even something "minor" in our society like cigarettes are addicting (Personal experience. Not for myself.. just witnessing others.) - and stuff like weed just widens your broadband to try other things that may be better than your first high. I once heard something that went like: "People keep doing drugs to find a high better than their first. But no high will be better than their first." Thus leading to drug addicts? Not sure if it's true in all senses, but it makes some sense.

Sorry i kinda ranted... XD

Edited by Fenris, 24 March 2012 - 06:29 AM.

jus drein jus daun.

#88 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

Woah, woah...what's with the hate for the tattoos? D:
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#89 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Mar 24 2012, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woah, woah...what's with the hate for the tattoos? D:

o__o Tattoos? Did i miss something. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Fenris, 24 March 2012 - 06:35 AM.

jus drein jus daun.

#90 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Rocket said something about tattoos or something...I didn't know if we were attributing that to bad stuff like drugs.

#91 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Mar 24 2012, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rocket said something about tattoos or something...I didn't know if we were attributing that to bad stuff like drugs.

In my personal opinion, tattoos aren't bad. Would my parents like me with one? No way in hell. But when I turn eighteen, in fact, I already have a few sets I'd like to get. ohboy.png ..But maybe to Rocket, it's bad too. I guess it matters to own personal opinions, or families.

jus drein jus daun.

#92 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 24 2012, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my personal opinion, tattoos aren't bad. Would my parents like me with one? No way in hell. But when I turn eighteen, in fact, I already have a few sets I'd like to get. ohboy.png ..But maybe to Rocket, it's bad too. I guess it matters to own personal opinions, or families.

Well I am Greed you know.

I have mine on the back of my left hand.

But what are you thinking about out of curiosity?

#93 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Mar 24 2012, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I am Greed you know.

I have mine on the back of my left hand.

But what are you thinking about out of curiosity?

I thought you were a Mustang. heheelq7.png *Was stalking Zac's thread.*

Of tattoos to get?

jus drein jus daun.

#94 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 24 2012, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought you were a Mustang. heheelq7.png *Was stalking Zac's thread.*

Of tattoos to get?

Stalking, eh? It's okay. We all do it. And I am Mustang and Greed. Two sides of the same coin.

And yes. What tattoos were you looking into getting?

#95 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Mar 24 2012, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the heck is this world coming to? Back in my high school days, all I have to worry about is my grades and my status with a couple of my relationships to see if I'm not screwing them up, I did, but I always landed on my feet without any other issues warranted.

Nowadays, how the heck did it get to this point?

Lmao. I don't even have to worry about relationships either.

A lot of my old friends and classmates back in primary school are trying too hard to look cool by having a bf/gf and all that. They even started posting pics on their Facebook accounts showing themselves kissing whoever they're with and stuff. It's just personal opinion but it kind of disgusts me. It has me wondering if they actually worry about their future or they just care about being socialites or whatever.

Then again this is coming from someone who has typical Asian parents that lecture their kids about being in relationships, especially if you're female. I don't want to pursue a relationship so early though, so technically they're right. But what bugs me is that they keep nagging me about the issue. I'm not planning any early relationships not because my parents tell me to, but because I, and I emphasise, *I* don't want to be in one. As much as I don't like school and work and all that, I actually care about my studies.

And about the tattoos issue or whatever... tattoos aren't that bad, but my point is that my cousin got one when he's only sixteen and without letting his parents know. Yet I had to ask my parents to get a third piercing, which even my sister got mad about since she only got her tragus done after she graduated from year 12. Thing is, she's wanted seconds on her lobes but she never spoke up.

Also... yeah the pamilya is pretty strict on having a clean body and all that. I even asked my parents about their thoughts on me getting a henna when I turn eighteen... they cracked and gave me a two hour lecture about why I shouldn't be all rebel and do drugs, smoke, get tattoos or extra "unwanted" body piercings and all that. They used my older cousin [who'll be twenty eight this year] as an example because she's all that, minus the drugs part.

Oh and Fen, you should get a tattoo of your name in katakana somewhere, it'd be awesomesauce. wow.png

JA2DBzd.png

#96 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 24 2012, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also... yeah the pamilya is pretty strict on having a clean body and all that. I even asked my parents about their thoughts on me getting a henna when I turn eighteen... they cracked and gave me a two hour lecture about why I shouldn't be all rebel and do drugs, smoke, get tattoos or extra "unwanted" body piercings and all that. They used my older cousin [who'll be twenty eight this year] as an example because she's all that, minus the drugs part.

Well most of the clean body arguments come from religious text, and as a Diest I don't really follow a text of sorts. But that stereotype shouldn't be followed like a code. My father has 3 on his body and he is the coolest guy I know. Never did drugs or get into trouble. So it's all about what you believe though. Fenris is right.

#97 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 23 2012, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lmao. I don't even have to worry about relationships either.

A lot of my old friends and classmates back in primary school are trying too hard to look cool by having a bf/gf and all that. They even started posting pics on their Facebook accounts showing themselves kissing whoever they're with and stuff. It's just personal opinion but it kind of disgusts me. It has me wondering if they actually worry about their future or they just care about being socialites or whatever.

Then again this is coming from someone who has typical Asian parents that lecture their kids about being in relationships, especially if you're female. I don't want to pursue a relationship so early though, so technically they're right. But what bugs me is that they keep nagging me about the issue. I'm not planning any early relationships not because my parents tell me to, but because I, and I emphasise, *I* don't want to be in one. As much as I don't like school and work and all that, I actually care about my studies.

No, I did not mean it like that. I meant just the status of my relationship with family, casual friends, and my best female friend, which I keep screwing up, but somehow mending the fence on them. The one with my female best friend took three years to mend but its all right now.

Edited by Anguyen92, 24 March 2012 - 06:57 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#98 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Mar 24 2012, 07:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stalking, eh? It's okay. We all do it. And I am Mustang and Greed. Two sides of the same coin.

And yes. What tattoos were you looking into getting?

A... greedy mustang. HORSECEPTION.

Andddd, I was thinking something like this: http://www.tattoos-d...ragon-back2.jpg But on the lower back, darker, and a bit smaller. As for the other things, I'm still thinking of them tongue.gif All i know is it's gonna be a few personal references to my childhood. My parents hate the idea of me wanting tattoos, especially my mom cause she says girls shouldn't have tattoos, but she has one. facepalm.png

edit: I didn't notice all the replies... D8 *goes back and reads all of them.*

Edited by Fenris, 24 March 2012 - 06:58 AM.

jus drein jus daun.

#99 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 24 2012, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Andddd, I was thinking something like this: http://www.tattoos-d...ragon-back2.jpg But on the lower back, darker, and a bit smaller. As for the other things, I'm still thinking of them tongue.gif All i know is it's gonna be a few personal references to my childhood. My parents hate the idea of me wanting tattoos, especially my mom cause she says girls shouldn't have tattoos, but she has one. facepalm.png

That picture provided me a lot of lulz. heheelq7.png

And that's the same with my tattoos. The ourboros tattoo on my left hand and then I want the Crest of Courage somewhere on my body if my wife gets the Crest of Love on hers....No I Do Not Have a Taiora Problem. <.<

#100 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Mar 24 2012, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I did not mean it like that. I meant just the status of my relationship with family, casual friends, and my best female friend, which I keep screwing up, but somehow mending the fence on them. The one with my female best friend took three years to mend but its all right now.

Oh, whoops then. Now I understand what you mean.

But yeah, I was just saying~

QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 24 2012, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A... greedy mustang. HORSECEPTION.

edit: I didn't notice all the replies... D8 *goes back and reads all of them.*

FEN YOUR BLOG IS OUR SACRED REALM. WORSHIP. WOOORRRRSSSHHHHIIIIIIPPPPPP.

And again with the whole "girls can't do this and that" issue again. And your mom has one you say? Maybe she's telling you not to get one because she regrets getting hers, and probs using "girls shouldn't have tattoos" argument as an excuse or something. I don't know, just an assumption. Could be wrong though~~ kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

JA2DBzd.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users