Close
Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
789 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pairing are you rooting for? =D (128 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pairing?

1. Kataang - Katara/Aang (75 votes [58.59%])

Percentage of vote: 58.59%

2. Zutara - Zuko/Katara (27 votes [21.09%])

Percentage of vote: 21.09%

3. Both (5 votes [3.91%])

Percentage of vote: 3.91%

4. Neither (6 votes [4.69%])

Percentage of vote: 4.69%

5. Kick-a-pow! (15 votes [11.72%])

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

Vote

#81 Naruto and Sakura Supporter

Naruto and Sakura Supporter

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Naruto anime, Disney, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, collecting trading cards, action figures, video games

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

I absolutely love the Avatar series. It's a show unlike Nick and it's full of plenty of laughs and thrills. It's an action show I never DREAMED that Nick could ever make. When I saw the preview for it, I thought it was a video game with cartoon cutscenes. And I've been watching Avatar since the beginning.

Let love last forever......Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno

#82 Sesshou No Kon

Sesshou No Kon

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Yaoi/Yuri/Het. Spread the love. :3

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

I do I do I do! *raises hand* I'm downloading the episodes, so I'm still watching the 2nd serie.
Zuko~ <3
I am a girl.

#83 aa_lithium

aa_lithium

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, music, anime.<br /><br />All you gotta know. ^^

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:31 PM

I like Avatar.

I didn't get to see ANY episodes past the Puppetmaster though, I lost track and...T.T

I love spoilers though so I already know what happened. xD
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

And I go up to him and say, "Hey that's my fish!" After that I kicked him in the shin and ran all the way to the Eiffel tower, and he goes, "It was a peanut butter sandwich!" Instead he gives me a cow so I can have some chocolate milk, when clearly I wanted some fish. I didn't get any chocolate milk and instead assaulted a carton instead and gave him back the cow to get back my fish, in turn he gave me back his three wives who wanted their other husbands back from Reno because they feared if they didn't, they'd lose their Italian accents.

So then I had to go to Reno...that's why I was absent from school on Monday and Tuesday!

--My Sister (Yeah, I memorized that)

#84 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

Dont like very much, call me picky but I have somthing aginst an american studio making a series which is based upon asian mytholagy...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#85 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jan 5 2008, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont like very much, call me picky but I have somthing aginst an american studio making a series which is based upon asian mytholagy...

How come?

Episode 13 is out!
The Firebending Masters

It was pretty cool. Helped move the story along. Hopefully this isnt the end of Aang's firebending lessons. It would be lame if that is all the instruction he needs. It took him much longer to master the other elements.

Once Aang does master firebending I want to see a mock battle. Aang vs Katara, Toph, and Zuko. a_dance.gif

#86 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

I like the series. It has given me some good insight on Taijutsu and fighting styles.

#87 kgkemo

kgkemo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

It's an awesome show, but I'm not into the pairing stuff over there anymore(used to ship soley TophxAang), more into the awesome action now.

#88 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Lord Roy @ Jul 23 2006, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously, who actually does. To me, its actually better than most shows on nick, but I don't think it's like uber great, it has its moments...

Avatar is an awesome Story. It possess great character development, a solid consistent plot. A deep rich backstory and history, which the writers have consistently stayed true too, as well as have successfully tied the history into the stories in numerous plausible ways

Even the Bending styles are based on actual martial arts styles and choreographed accordingly.

Ive loved the fact that the characters arent flat and shallow. Even the combustion man who never says anything. is actually an interesting character through his sheer silence and presence. But well developed, flawed and deep. Even a true unrepentant Villian like Azula has her moments. You even have to wonder what could possibly have gone wrong in that childs wiring to make her into the pure sociopath that she is. Instead fo simplys aying shes evil and thats that.

The only thing right now thats killing me is that such an awesome show is stuck in a garbage pit like nickelodeon. Ive checked every friday hoping for a new avatar episode only to be dissapointed by seeing a sponge bob squarepants movie or a fairly god parents marathon. Why Nick would push one of its most popular shows aside for a series of childish crap fests is beyond me.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#89 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jan 5 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're doing a pretty damn good job of it.

Nick hasn't had a good show since the old days, when censorship got more strict (like that helps), so the Avatar is a whole new breath of fresh, clean air.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#90 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

The new episode was great!
Zuko seemsly to lose his powers so he & Aang left to abandon place to find the firebending masters who orignated it for good & beauty through the dragon dance not dread evil as fire nation made it out to be.
Now awaits the next episode
Btw Katara stills holds hatred towards Zuko.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#91 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:37 AM

I heard the new episode is supposed to come out in March or May.... Im not sure exactly, Ill have to check my source.

#92 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:41 AM

I think my avatar and custom title speak for itself. I have no involvement in that fandom pairing wars, but for the record I really like Aang/Toph.

#93 ChibiChan

ChibiChan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

I don't watch the show....I tried to, but I didn't like it that much sad.gif
For some reason I don't like how Aang was bald xDDD I'm shallow yes, I'm sorry.... sweatdrop.gif

But ah, Zuko is quite hot indeed wub.gif
私はLittleであり、それはあなたが知る必要があるすべてである <3 ;D

#94 Bad Dreams 1428

Bad Dreams 1428

Tire tracks and broken hearts, its all we're leaving behind.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Hmm... interests... well, Im big into movies, mostly Comedy and Musicals, but I do also love my Horror movies. I also am a bit of a gamer... ok I'm a big gamer! Mainly Nintendo stuff, but I got tired of some of their kiddie stuff and broke down and bought a PS2... anyway... um, I'm also big into music. Meat Loaf and the music of Jim Steinman are the soundtrack to my life. Hmm... ooh, also, Im teaching myself to play bass guitar... its hard. lol Oh yeah, and just so everyone knows, Im a guy...

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

I actually love avatar, its a great show.

a_spaz.gif (waiting for new episodes...)

#95 Luis

Luis

The GREATEST Manga artist in the WORLD!!!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the greatist comic/manga artist of all time &gt;_&lt; and playing music and starting a studioe ;P all purpuse studio ;P

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

I like Avatar just how much the bendings are like real mashl arts :P
My art ;P
What every one want.
What every one needs.
yet not every one gets it.

#96 Lord Haku

Lord Haku

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

I really like Avatar. It's just one of the most unique shows to find and it's great...
The fighting sequences are very good, and, compared to other magic (I don't have a better word on my mind right know, but I think you can guess what I want to express wink.gif) shows, it semms like the best power and balancing system.
Btw my favourite characters are Toph and the dragon of the west (lost his name, too -.-)

#97 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:01 AM

The next episode is called "Boiling Rock"
But there isnt a release date for it yet. =(

Eyes Are the Windows to the Soul updated

Chapter 9

You should really check out this story if you havent yet. Its really REALLY good.

#98 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:04 AM

After not hearing news about when Avatar will show again for the past few months, there may be some speculation that Avatar will return in the summer. In the meantime while I was snooping around Avatar forums, I came across this link and this link.

Warning: Link contains spoilers and may or may not be shipper friendly. Please refrain from earsplitting screams of doom. Thank You.

That person said she went to comic con in NY, but I'm not sure how accurate her descriptions are, so I'd like to see the trailer if anyone is willing to post it up online soon.

EDIT: Someone posted a trailer link.
EDIT 2: A better version of the trailer/link above can be seen at avatarspirit.net but I didn't link it since it is embedded in the site >.>

Edited by Onionhead Attacks, 20 April 2008 - 02:38 AM.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#99 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Apr 19 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After not hearing news about when Avatar will show again for the past few months, there may be some speculation that Avatar will return in the summer. In the meantime while I was snooping around Avatar forums, I came across this link and this link.

Warning: Link contains spoilers and may or may not be shipper friendly. Please refrain from earsplitting screams of doom. Thank You.

That person said she went to comic con in NY, but I'm not sure how accurate her descriptions are, so I'd like to see the trailer if anyone is willing to post it up online soon.

EDIT: Someone posted a trailer link.

Great googly moogly, that is as unorganized as they can get. It's like the time when someone claimed they had the plot for Naruto's future chapters.

No support, no trailer, no-go for future chapters.

All I have to say is how are people getting access to these episodes?! XD

#100 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:31 AM

I like Avatar... Granted, I haven't seen all of the episodes, but the fight scenes are pretty cool, and the story line's well written.

I am tired of ZukoxKatara, though. It's the NaruHina of Avatar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users