749 replies to this topic

#81 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's also official that after this war, he will get the grandest birthday he will ever have.

#82 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if by this point Naruto steeled himself to kill Tobi. Did you see the expression he gave when Tobi was encouraging the shinobi to give up? It wasn't just grief, that was pure malice and hatred. I can only recall him giving a similar expression on three different occasions. When he threatened to kill Haku after realising that Sasuke had "died", his comprehension of Gaara's death in the Akatsuki lair as Deidara taunted him, and when he finally met Nagato face-to-face. 

This might be the first time that Naruto has chosen to go all in and kill an opponent with no reservations. It would be logical considering the circumstances and Tobi's unwillingness to see reason. 

#83 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

@atheck
Don't forget when naruto chin drag himself to kill garra. Garra almost become his first blood.

#84 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Oh MY GOD, this is actually a pretty good chapter!

Although, Mifune's face looked more, "I'm too old for this kitten" than pure determination.... XD

#85 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

She FEELS his heart. What's funny is how Kishi sort of kept it on a certain level but Naruto's line is everything. We all know some people don't put Sakura on the same pedestal as his dreams and such but the "no regrets" line could very well apply to his feelings for a certain someone. If there's gonnna be a reveal with that in the future, it'll likely be Naruto. Anyway, ghe the chapter was prettyyyy damn nice! Hope we see Sakura back in the action with her mentor soon.

And I called it on the arrivals!!! :-) lol

#86 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

Moving on to the bad part of this chapter.

Dude Karin, why Kishi did that to her character?

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 17 September 2013 - 11:49 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#87 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Sasuke was heroic this chapter! 

And the appearance of Orochimaru was awesome. I'm sucker for those moments when a past malicious villain appears and encourages the protagonist at the most despair moments. 

Moving on to the bad part of this chapter.

Dude Karin, why Kishi did that to her character?

Not only Karin. Hinata as well.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 17 September 2013 - 11:50 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#88 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Question: do they need the cloak to sense Naruto's heart or everyone can?

Nevermind, got my answer.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 17 September 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#89 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Sasuke was heroic this chapter! 

And the appearance of Orochimaru was awesome. I'm sucker for those moments when a past malicious villain appears and encourages the protagonist at the most despair moments. 

Not only Karin. Hinata as well.

???

SK-303_image007.jpg

#90 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

???

I mean to say the below two moments.

-When Naruto was devastated, Sasuke said, "Are you finished? I'm going." That scene made Naruto stand up. 

-Orochimaru calling Sandaime a coward. I'm sure Sandaime got a little encouraged by that. Probably thinking along the lines of "what was I thinking to nearly give up!?" 

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 17 September 2013 - 12:06 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#91 ladyannelise

ladyannelise

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

woah! i love the chapter and how Kishi showed the characters here..
Sasuke and even Orochimaru looked cool too >_< .. i believe Shikamaru would be ok, Sakura is there by his side, she would definitely do something about it.. she's there for a reason and we haven't seen more of what she can do,.. Kishi needed to create an opening for her and i think this is one of those (?)..

and... Naruto doesn't want any regrets? isn't that another reason for NaruSaku? if this supposedly one-mind track main character suddenly changed his mind and gave up without even telling what he always felt for his long time 'crush', then i dont know why Kishi is showing us these moments..

overall, it was a really good chapter :)

#92 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

I mean to say the below two moments.

-When Naruto was devastated, Sasuke said, "Are you finished? I'm going." That scene made Naruto stand up. 

-Orochimaru calling Sandaime a coward. I'm sure Sandaime got a little encouraged by that. Probably thinking along the lines of "what was I thinking to nearly give up!?" 

:)

I dont get why Naruto is constantly getting encouragement and the same idea being enforced over and over, i kind of agree with Atheck on this matter, it's the 3 or 4rd time that Naruto goes back and forth on the same subject.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#93 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Heh heh, this chapter was pretty touch, if also a bit repetitive. I enjoyed how everyone felt Naruto's pain and everything he's regretted. It's like everyone now knows him even more than before, however though I understand the human part of giving up when things look grim, it's been used a little TOO MUCH here.  :mellow:

This fandom in general has been ruining the manga for me that's why I rarely goes to any forums nowadays. This is a thread about Naruto 647 and I don't get why eveeything has to turn into actual pairing moments, if you look closely the only persons I was responding were those who saw an actual pairing moment in the chapter itself, speculation about future pairing moment is fine by me, since people wants to express themselves about how they show a pairing moment in this chapter then I have the right to show why I disagreed based on what I read, I am not trying to shut down anyone I am just asking for them to give me proper arguments to support their claims

Darkness : maybe maybe not. I will get to that later I need to leave now.

Then you need to ask them to do that. Part of relaying your thoughts is choosing the right words. It sounded like you were putting people down for wanting to see some pairing moments, here even if it wasn't your intention. Just letting you you know Awes9.

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#94 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

As we all know, when Katsuyu becomes part of someone, their chakra system becomes available to It to alter. That's the only explicable cause for the summoner being able to transmit chakra to them through the slug. The adverse effects of the chakra drainage was connected to the shinobi.

"sucked together with the rest"

The context seems to be that Katsuyu's parts were killed either simultaneously as the shinobi were dying or their deaths were interrelated/involved with each other. Note how the slug mentioned Its parts that were attached to everyone when explaining that the shinobi have died.

She or Katsuyu might have severed the connection to the shinobi before her chakra could have been drained. Or perhaps when the shinobi and Katsuyu died that automatically blockaded access to the remote link with the seal.

There were people encuring similar injuries not too long ago from the collateral damage in Hashirama's fight with Madara. You mean to tell me that she wouldn't feel beholdened to them? Balancing out Sakura's contributions with faults has always been a significant aspect of her character. It occurred in the Kage Summit and the Sasuke and Sai arcs.

Yes, but even with Katsuyu linked to the person, wouldn't their chakra be sucked out anyway? Wouldn't they die anyway? I still see no reason to blame Sakura for those fodder ninja's deaths because of this. =/. And I thought the reason why Katsuyu mentioned that it was attached to the shinobi was because Sakura wanted to help them (but obviously can't since its parts were killed off). Not because they had died when its parts died. Your third point about severing the chakra can also only be an assumption at this point...not a fact, since it hasn't been stated that's what she or Katsuyu had done.

And of course not. But her reaction was just shown here specifically most likely because it fit well into what this chapter was about, or at least the mood of it.

Edited by Qia, 17 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#95 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Yes, but even with Katsuyu linked to the person, wouldn't their chakra be sucked out anyway? Wouldn't they die anyway?

The chakra of Katsuyu's spawn was directly connected to them. When they died, it appears that the shinobi died as well. Their own reserves would have been drained but Katsuyu had become like an extension for them that was destroyed when the branches robbed them of their chakra.

I still see no reason to blame Sakura for those fodder ninja's deaths because of this. =/.

This wasn't intended to happen in Sakura's mind. It's just that the circumstances for using the Remote Healing jutsu backfired and resulted in the deaths of shinobi. Completely unintentional on her part.

And I thought the reason why Katsuyu mentioned that it was attached to the shinobi was because Sakura wanted to help them (but obviously can't since its parts were killed off). Not because they had died when its parts died.

That's exactly the reason for this situation happening. Because of that connection to the shinobi and their chakra circulatory network, Katsuyu's own reserves became infused with theirs. It's similar to the frog sages who were fused with Jiraiya and were able to provide his network with sage chakra.

Your third point about severing the chakra can also only be an assumption at this point...not a fact.

Of course it's speculation. Hence the establishment of doubt and ambiguity with my wording in the responce. But until Kishi confirms the reason for Sakura's chakra not having been drained then this particular segment of the conversation has reached an impasse. We know that the chakra given to the slugs was consumed though. Chakra which they developed a dependency on before dying.

Of course not. But her reaction was just shown here specifically most likely because it fit well into what this chapter was about, or at least the mood of it.

So in other words, it's selective discrimination based on the circumstances of the chapter and the ambiance which Kishi is trying to establish for the moment? That doesn't refute anything.

Edited by Atheck, 17 September 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#96 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

If I didn't know about the rivalry that will still happen in the end, I would say this is the final battle/arc. But it's not. I will say this is the greatest danger yet.

#97 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

I liked this chapter a lot. It was emotional.

Shikmaru won't die. He's still alive and breathing, but very tired. It's just a suspense for readers and a challenge for Sakura.

Naruto's spoken heart has reached everyone. I think that now everyone know what his heart holds. Like his dreams, his love for Sakura, his brotherhood with Sasuke and other things since they felt his heart and saw what he was thinking. Not sure, but very possible. It was the best part in this chapter along with Hashirama's speech.

Sakura will probably heal Shikamaru and she has another role coming up as well. Don't know if it will be the one related to Obito after this one, or there's another role before the one related to Obito.

Next chapter or two I think we'll have Naruto and Sasuke cutting the tree and fighting Obito since he won't let them then it's Madara's turn. But, there's still the Kages who will be a difficulty to him.

I think Orochimaru, Karin and Suigetsu will help. Maybe Orochimaru helping Sasuke and Naruto, Karin healing the alliance like we know and Suigetsu assisting Karin.

By the way, I liked the moment between Hashirama and Tsunade XD

#98 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well I do think the fact Katsuyu is "out" I think something will happen. Don't quote me on this.

#99 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

@Atheck How would you go about explaining Shikamaru's situation then? I don't see Katsuyu on him, so why didn't he die immediately? And I'm not doing this because I don't believe you. I'm just trying to understand :sweat:

Edited by Qia, 17 September 2013 - 01:02 PM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#100 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

@Atheck How would you go about explaining Shikamaru's situation then? I don't see Katsuyu on him, so why didn't he die immediately?

It depends on the characters and the branches of the tree on how much they sucked chakra. He's on the verge of death. The branches of the tree took his chakra, but not all of it and left very little in him which is why he's still alive and panting.

But, he won't die. He'll be saved.

Edited by T XD, 17 September 2013 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users