128 replies to this topic

#81 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

I'm sorry but when you said that NS has an abusive relationship because Sakura always smacks naruto around is when I stopped reading this thread now I'm going to give you an example of an abusive relationship in Naruto first of all Sasuke has chocked, tried to stab, try to chidori, and try to kill Sakura all in one day how is that not an abusive relationship? Also don't you notice that in most animes the heroines sometimes smack around the main character when he does or say something stupid or unnecessary that's for comedy pure comedy here are some examples

-Rukia smacks Ichigo around (Bleach)

-Kagome does the whole "sit boy" thing (Inuyasha) never gets old

-Lucy kicks Natsu when he enters her house without permission (Fairy Tail)

-Nami smacks Luffy most of the time (One Piece)

Those are all for comedy (That and they kind of deserve it XD) Also that argument I've heard all the time its gotten old honestly Im not very good at doing these arguments but I tried my best on this one so uhm yeah

Considering it is played for pure comedy in other harems and shonen manga

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#82 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

Lol those two videos made my day good job

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#83 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

I am sorry saying this, but if you were really interested in listening to our opinions, you would reply with "I see. I disagree, but now I think I understand where you are coming from. Thanks for your POV" or something like that. You would not reply with "NO. You are WRONG and this IS why", because it sounds like if you are trying to show us the error of our ways instead of listening to our side.

If that is your intention, I am sorry, but your arguments are nothing new. We have seen them hundred of times -and replied just so many times- (like that blanket statement/strawman argument of that "NS fans always rely on paralelisms". Only for your information, I do not rely on them and I do not care for them. I find them anecdotal at best) so you are convincing nobody.

Honestly, every time a chapter that looks like if it may possibly be hinting NH or SS gets published, one or several non-NS fans sign in this forum to tell us all "Why do you ship NS? Can you not see what it is not and will ever not be canon?". And then the next chapter comes, nothing comes from that alleged NH/SS hint, and that non-NS fan vanishes and is seen never again. It is a pattern, and it is TIRESOME.

Regardless, you have asked why we ship NS. My answer is very simple.

I did not ship it at the beginning.

You will see, I have been watching anime since the Stone Age known as "The Eighties", and I have been reading manga nearly for so long. I like dabbing in works of all ages so one day I may be reading a Osamu Tezuka manga written in the fifties and at the next day I may be reading Claymore or wondering if I should check Attack on the Titan.

I am not telling this for gloating but for establishing that I have read A LOT, and after reading A LOT it is relatively easy guessing a development because you have seen all kind of tropes played straight, subverted and deconstructed hundred of times.

So, I begin to read Naruto (I did not bother myself with the anime). And in the chapter 3, the main character introduces a girl that he likes and a rival that he supposedly can not stand. In that same scene the girl fights the boy, and shows that she has a crush on his rival.

And I think "Main couple. Sooner or later she will get over her aloof crush and warm up to the main character". Why? Because I have seen that same scene played out dozens of times in dozens of series. And I know where it uses to lead at.

And later, in that chapter, the main character realizes why he likes the girl, they almost kiss, and the girl thinks that she should deal him better from now on.

Main couple. Definitely.

However, guessing what the the main couple is does not mean that I'll automatically ship it. So I continued reading, and as I read I noticed a bunch of scenes hinting that the relationship between Naruto and Sakura was deepening (Sakura saving him from a shuriken, Sakura blushing when he fought Zabuza for first time and wondering about what she was feeling, Sakura teaching him to tree-walking, Sakura carrying Naruto after he got wounded during a mission, characters stating that they looked like a couple...) as Sakura's relationship with Sasuke did not advance. I did not care for them at the beginning but I took notice, thinking that all was going like I suspected that it would go.

For the record, when I saw Hinata for first time I guessed that she had a crush on Naruto. I supposed that nothing would come from it, even if she confessed. Why? Because, again, I have seen it all before (and honestly, when I lurked in Naruto forums for first time, right when Part II was beginning, and found out how many people thought that NH was canon my reaction was "WHAT? But if she almost never shows up!").

However, as I continued reading, I found more and more moments between Naruto and Sakura. And I started to care. I liked the chemistry between them, their relationship's development, and how they kind of complemented each other. And their interaction was very varied: their scenes could be comedic, serious, tender or dramatic.

In a nutshell: I ship NS because I did read the manga.

I do not know why you think that since it is non-canon -according you- we should stop to ship it. I read several Harry Potter books the last year, knowing what the canon couples were, and I did not like RonxHermione. And I never liked Lum/Ataru, the (forced by editorial interference) canon couple of Urusei Yatsura.

And if you think that their relationship is abusive... no, it is not. It is comedy that uses exaggerated and unreal violence in order to cause laughter (right like Looney Toons, SpongeBob or Asterix). If you do not understand this, honestly, you should stop reading this manga, because you do not get its foundations. It is like if you watch The Simpsons, take seriously the scenes where Homer throttles Bart and demand that it gets taken seriously and Homer gets punished. Or it is like if you do not like magic stories, read Dr. Strange or Sailor Moon and complain about magic existing in the setting.

I do not really care for that mindset because usually people who does that sooner or later ends up demanding that the series/genre goes through a deconstruction and change to serve him/her rather accepting it because it is or looking for something that suits him/her... And I am tired of deconstructions. But I digress...

Anyway, the point is that it Is comedic (unlike Sasuke abusing Sakura. That almost never was played out for laughs), it is not to be taken seriously, and Kishimoto actually underuses the trope. Read City Hunter (seriously, read it. It is awesome. Great art, great action, endearing characters...), Love Hina or Urusei Yatsura or watch Mazinger-Z/Great Mazinger or Slayers and then tell me what Sakura is not a pretty calm tsundere.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#84 ns.Believe.It

ns.Believe.It

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:Coding, Long walks, Driving.
    Arsenal FC.

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

Oh goody! Another new member shows up and makes an Anti NS thread on a NS website. Before it was chapters like 615 that used to bring these doubtful new members. Now a chapter cover seems to do enough. So in a way, can it be appreciated that the other fandoms are getting very little in the manga and NS is getting stronger? hmm.

tumblr_mzzew0nSyr1t3jjq1o1_500.gif

'No matter what I do, I guess Happiness is a feeling that I'll never experience'

#85 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

It's not Naruto saying what she was saying is a excuse but what she says after Naruto tells her that she's lying to herself.
She comes out saying that she just wants to bring him back to the village and tells him to stop chasing Sasuke because he needs to think more about himself.
If she was truly honest she would have kept saying she loves Naruto or even be emotionaly hurt.
Not being angry at him and saying that.

That argument makes no sense, besides she did insist that she loved him and accused him of making excuses that he didn't like her. Had she really been dishonest it would have been flat out stated or you know....at the very least not have word of god saying otherwise.

eh10ut.jpg

#86 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

That argument makes no sense, besides she did insist that she loved him and accused him of making excuses that he didn't like her.

Insisted to a point that she'd give up?
If she was really in love with Naruto she would have been in tears in front of him.

Had she really been dishonest it would have been flat out stated or you know....at the very least not have word of god saying otherwise.

The problem is that people wants to believe that it was a real confession because they think saying it was fake confession hurts her character.
Sakura lied to Naruto and was dishonest despite acting like an honest girl, but she wasnt selfish neither wanted manipulate him intentionally.
If you truly want to understand Sakura's confession you must understand the reasons behind it and how she reacted after knowing Naruto loves her.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 24 July 2014 - 06:38 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#87 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Well ... I admire your bravery. Coming into an opposite fandom's site with your own arguments is not an easy thing to do. But your posts do come off as passive-aggressive. " We are ABSOLUTELY wrong and you are ABSOLUTELY right and we should just accept it." --> That's how you sound. :confused: The manga isn't even over yet and even someone like me knows, no matter confident I am in NS's endgame, that there's a small chance of anything.

First of all, Minato's question in 631 was said for a reason. Comparing Sakura to Kushina was done for a reason. It was unnecessary. Even I didn't think that would happen before the chapter came out. And Kushina did say "Find a girl like your mother. Don't fall for a weird one." --> That's the official translation. We don't need parallels for an argument, but I won't deny it when it's there. Kushina and Sakura have more in common than just their tempers. They have similar backstory (bullied for a physical trait), similar beginning with Minato and Naruto (disliked him, looked down on him, etc), and even the boy complimenting their most hated trait (Naruto complimented Sakura's forehead in Ch.3 if you remember).

Because of 631/504 coupled with general Naruto themes (surpassing the previous), it's of my belief that it's proof. It's not all there is to NS proof, but why should we ignore it just because they're parallels? I'll just leave it at that.

You praise Hinata for loving Naruto so much, yet you ignore that Sakura's affection for Naruto, no matter what nature it is, is just as unconditional and perhaps even more so. Sakura's feelings are actually very selfless, just like Naruto's feelings for her. I feel they both belong together for that reason. Remember these?

1). Sakura cries to Naruto at the Tenchi Bridge, telling him she would save Sasuke, and it had nothing to do with her. It was all about Naruto not losing himself to the Nine-tails. She cares so much that she can't bear the thought of Naruto destroying himself. She'd even save Sasuke on her own if she had to, just for Naruto. In that moment, that was exactly how she felt.

2). Sakura has an actual insecurity of only doing insignificant things for Naruto, furthered even more after she discovered Naruto loved her and called him a fool for loving her out of self-deprecation. She feels like she doesn't deserve his love. I'm sorry, but since Sakura was so selfish with Sasuke, this amazes me.

3). The most emotional Sakura crying scene Kishi has ever drawn (literally) was when she found out Naruto's feelings and how her promise hurt him. She sobbed her eyes out with the most emotional, miserable expression ever just 'cause she hurt Naruto's feelings. And you still say she doesn't care.

4). Sakura's confession. She sacrificed Sasuke's life mainly because she didn't want Naruto in danger. That's why she went to him first. And then afterwards, she went to kill Sasuke when Naruto didn't change his mind. I'm not saying Sakura didn't want to save Sasuke from darkness, but it was more about Naruto than him. It hurt, but she did it to protect Naruto. She didn't tell him to protect his feelings and while I do agree it wasn't the best decision, her true feelings showed through majorly.

Sakura demonstrates a selflessness with Naruto she never showed Sasuke and that touches me, especially considering she used to hate him. Hinata never showed this level of selflessness and that's the truth. I also want Naruto with someone who loves him unconditionally, but that person is Sakura. She cares so much for him. It saddens me that people still don't see it and seriously believe she would put Sasuke over Naruto in a heartbeat. -_-

IMO, Naruto brings out the best in Sakura and it's the same for him. They're selfless towards each other, they'd hurt themselves for the other's safety/feelings and they wouldn't regret it one bit because they care that much. That is much more beautiful to me than the feelings of a side character that scarcely knows Naruto and doesn't try to be there for him the way Sakura does.

It's funny. Sakura wasn't always that way, which makes her development with Naruto more amazing. She used to be selfish, ignorant to others' feelings (including his), and shallow. Then she became this selfless and wonderful person who would sacrifice anything not just for Naruto, but for others. The development of their relationship and how much Naruto changed Sakura into a better person is what I love about NS.

Naruto brings out the best in her because he encourages her, supports her unconditionally, and always brings her up again when Sasuke brings her back down. Sakura doesn't give any thought to her feelings the way she does with Naruto's. She was selfish with Sasuke. That's why I believe the one she truly loves is Naruto.

And Naruto shouldn't be with Hinata because he loves Sakura too much and he's done so much for her to the point he sacrifices his own feelings for her as well (PoaL). I love Naruto myself, so I'm going to support who he loves and that is Sakura. I would hate NH much less if I didn't think the shipping ignores the main character's feelings. You're forcing something that's not there. -_-

Naruto and Sakura are both selfless with each other, unlike any other non-canon pairing, and that's why I love them so much. Saying they "bring out the worst in each other" is so wrong, it makes me believe you're reading an entirely different manga. :glare:

Sakura's confession didn't really destroy anything. In fact, it just put NS in a "make it or break it" situation that's being put off until after the war. Naruto may have not believed Sakura, but he's dense with women's feelings. Even Hinata's obvious affection was something he couldn't see and it's made worse for Sakura because he always believed she loved Sasuke. It's gonna take a lot for him to believe it, especially since Sakura's closure isn't finished with Sasuke yet, so are you honestly surprised? :huh:

Remember Sakura never said she didn't love Naruto. In fact, she indicated the opposite when she got angry at him for saying she was lying to herself. No one says she doesn't still have Sasuke issues 'cause she does. 540 & 676 made that abundantly clear. But with all her development with Naruto, moments like the Feeding scene, hugs, Tenchi Bridge moment, unfinished sentence, it's clear to me Sakura is falling for Naruto without knowing it.

Databook 3 said Sakura's feelings for Naruto are ambiguous, even to herself. It was written directly by Kishi. So, if we're being completely unbiased (I say that for both of us), Sakura's feelings for Naruto aren't clear because she doesn't know it herself. Does she love Naruto? We don't know. We're just waiting tbh.

And did you forget 675? Kakashi said Sakura's feelings for Sasuke changed. She doesn't love Sasuke anymore, but the issue with her is that hasn't realized that either. Sakura kinda loves both of them in a way, but one's just in her mind (Sasuke) and the other's buried under confusion (Naruto).  Sakura might still have unresolved feelings for Sasuke, but I very much doubt she's still in love with him.

About the Hinata part:

WHO CARES ABOUT HINATA.

You know who I care about? Naruto and Sakura. I care that Naruto gets to be with someone he loves and doesn't have his devotion go unrewarded. I care that Sakura matures and isn't with someone who doesn't really give a damn about her feelings in comparison to his own. I care that they're both happy. Naruto doesn't love Hinata and Sasuke doesn't love Sakura and even if he ever did, he's too selfish and would take her for granted. Obviously, the obvious choice for me is NS. :mellow:

Naruto loves Sakura and Sakura might love Naruto (I believe she does) and would be way happier with him so I'm not ignoring the character's feelings. I'm tired of people crying about Hinata's feelings like it matters when it doesn't. Naruto and Sakura matter way more as main characters and have more relevance to the plot so it's more likely for them to get what they want. If we're meant to root for anyone, it should be them. Especially Naruto, who is the actual main character

(Sorry for extremely long LAP, but I had to a lot to say lol )

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 27 July 2014 - 02:36 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#88 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Well ... I admire your bravery. Coming into an opposite fandom's site with your own arguments is not an easy thing to do. But your posts do come off as passive-aggressive. " We are ABSOLUTELY wrong and you are ABSOLUTELY right and we should just accept it." --> That's how you sound. :confused: The manga isn't even over yet and even someone like me knows, no matter confident I am in NS's endgame, that there's a small chance of anything.

First of all, Minato's question in 631 was said for a reason. Comparing Sakura to Kushina was done for a reason. It was unnecessary. Even I didn't think that would happen before the chapter came out. And Kushina did say "Find a girl like your mother. Don't fall for a weird one." --> That's the official translation. We don't need parallels for an argument, but I won't deny it when it's there. Kushina and Sakura have more in common than just their tempers. They have similar backstory (bullied for a physical trait), similar beginning with Minato and Naruto (disliked him, looked down on him, etc), and even the boy complimenting their most hated trait (Naruto complimented Sakura's forehead in Ch.3 if you remember).

Because of 631/504 coupled with general Naruto themes (surpassing the previous), it's of my belief that it's proof. It's not all there is to NS proof, but why should we ignore it just because they're parallels? I'll just leave it at that.

You praise Hinata for loving Naruto so much, yet you ignore that Sakura's affection for Naruto, no matter what nature it is, is just as unconditional perhaps even more so. Sakura's feelings are actually very selfless, just like Naruto's feelings for her. I feel they both belong together for that reason. Remember these?

1). Sakura cries to Naruto at the Tenchi Bridge, telling him she would save Sasuke, and it had nothing to do with her. It was all about Naruto not losing himself to the Nine-tails. She cares so much that she can't bear the thought of Naruto destroying himself. She'd even save Sasuke on her own if she had to, just for Naruto. In that moment, that was exactly how she felt.

2). Sakura has an actual insecurity of only doing insignificant things for Naruto, furthered even more after she discovered Naruto loved her and called him a fool for loving her out of self-deprecation. She feels like she doesn't deserve his love. I'm sorry, but since Sakura was so selfish with Sasuke, this amazes me.

3). The most emotional Sakura crying scene Kishi has ever drawn (literally) was when she found out Naruto's feelings and how her promise hurt him. She sobbed her eyes out with the most emotional, miserable expression ever just 'cause she hurt Naruto's feelings. And you still say she doesn't care.

4). Sakura's confession. She sacrificed Sasuke's life mainly because she didn't want Naruto in danger. That's why she went to him first. And then afterwards, she went to kill Sasuke when Naruto didn't change his mind. I'm not saying Sakura didn't want to save Sasuke from darkness, but it was more about Naruto than him. It hurt, but she did it to protect Naruto. She didn't tell him to protect his feelings and while I do agree it wasn't the best decision, her true feelings showed through majorly.

Sakura demonstrates a selflessness with Naruto she never showed Sasuke and that touches me, especially considering she used to hate him. Hinata never showed this level of selflessness and that's the truth. I also want Naruto with someone who loves him unconditionally, but that person is Sakura. She cares so much for him. It saddens me that people still don't see it and seriously believe she would put Sasuke over Naruto in a heartbeat. -_-

IMO, Naruto brings out the best with Sakura and the same thing with him. They're selfless towards each other, they'd hurt themselves for the other's safety/feelings and they wouldn't regret it one bit because they care that much. That is much more beautiful to me than the feelings of a side character that scarcely knows Naruto and doesn't try to be there for him the way Sakura does.

It's funny. Sakura wasn't always that way, which makes her development with Naruto more amazing. Naruto brings out the best in her because he encourages her, supports her unconditionally, and always brings her up again when Sasuke brings her back down. Sakura doesn't give any thought to her feelings the way she does with Naruto's. She was selfish with Sasuke. That's why I believe the one she truly loves is Naruto.

And Naruto shouldn't be with Hinata because he loves Sakura too much and he's done so much for her to the point he sacrifices his own feelings for her as well (PoaL). I love Naruto myself, so I'm going to support who he loves and that is Sakura. I would hate NH much less if I didn't think the shipping ignores the main character's feelings. You're forcing something that's not there. -_-

Naruto and Sakura are both selfless with each other, unlike any other non-canon pairing, and that's why I love them so much. Saying they "bring out the worst in each other" is so wrong, it makes me believe you're reading a different manga. :glare:

Sakura's confession didn't really destroy anything. In fact, it just put NS in a "make it or break it" situation that's being put off until after the war. Naruto may have not believed Sakura, but he's dense with women's feelings. Even Hinata's obvious affection was something he couldn't see and it's made worse for Sakura because he always believed she loved Sasuke. It's gonna take a lot for him to believe it, especially since Sakura's closure isn't finished with Sasuke yet, so are you honestly surprised? :huh:

Remember Sakura never said she didn't love Naruto. In fact, she indicated the opposite when she got angry at him for saying she was lying to herself. No one says she doesn't still have Sasuke issues 'cause she does. 540 & 676 made that abundantly clear. But with all her development with Naruto, with moments like the Feeding scene, hugs, Tenchi Bridge moment, unfinished sentence, it's clear to me Sakura is falling for Naruto without knowing it.

Databook 3 said Sakura's feelings for Naruto are ambiguous, even to herself. It was written directly by Kishi. So, if we're being completely unbiased (I say that for both of us), Sakura's feelings for Naruto aren't clear because she doesn't know it herself. Does she love Naruto? We don't know. We're just waiting tbh.

And did you forget 675? Kakashi said Sakura's feelings for Sasuke changed. She doesn't love Sasuke anymore, but the issue with her is that hasn't realized that either. Sakura kinda loves both of them in a way, but one's just in her mind (Sasuke) and the other's buried under confusion (Naruto).  Sakura might still have unresolved feelings for Sasuke, but I very much doubt she's still in love with him.

About the Hinata part:

WHO CARES ABOUT HINATA.

You know who I care about? Naruto and Sakura. I care that Naruto gets to be with someone he loves and doesn't have his devotion go unrewarded. I care that Sakura matures and isn't with someone who doesn't really give a damn about her feelings in comparison to his own. I care that they're both happy. Naruto doesn't love Hinata and Sasuke doesn't love Sakura and even if he ever did, he's too selfish and would take her for granted. Obviously, the obvious choice for me is NS. :mellow:

Naruto loves Sakura and Sakura might love Naruto (I believe she does) and would be way happier with him so I'm not ignoring the character's feelings. I'm tired of people crying about Hinata's feelings like it matters when it doesn't. Naruto and Sakura matter way more as main characters and have more relevance to the plot so it's more likely for them to get what they want. If we're meant to root for anyone, it should be them. Especially Naruto, who is the actual main character

My gosh, that post was beautiful! I feel the exact same way! :squish: :wow:

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#89 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

@ xxRomanceGirlxx, that post was fantastic. I wish I could Like it more than once. :thumb:

#90 darkonanangel

darkonanangel

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Bleach, Naruto, Drawing, Music, Internet Surfing

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

You praise Hinata for loving Naruto so much, yet you ignore that Sakura's affection for Naruto, no matter what nature it is, is just as unconditional and perhaps even more so. Sakura's feelings are actually very selfless, just like Naruto's feelings for her. I feel they both belong together for that reason. Remember these?

IMO, Naruto brings out the best in Sakura and it's the same for him. They're selfless towards each other, they'd hurt themselves for the other's safety/feelings and they wouldn't regret it one bit because they care that much. That is much more beautiful to me than the feelings of a side character that scarcely knows Naruto and doesn't try to be there for him the way Sakura does.

It's funny. Sakura wasn't always that way, which makes her development with Naruto more amazing. She used to be selfish, ignorant to others' feelings (including his), and shallow. Then she became this selfless and wonderful person who would sacrifice anything not just for Naruto, but for others. The development of their relationship and how much Naruto changed Sakura into a better person is what I love about NS.

Naruto brings out the best in her because he encourages her, supports her unconditionally, and always brings her up again when Sasuke brings her back down. Sakura doesn't give any thought to her feelings the way she does with Naruto's. She was selfish with Sasuke. That's why I believe the one she truly loves is Naruto.

Naruto and Sakura are both selfless with each other, unlike any other non-canon pairing, and that's why I love them so much. Saying they "bring out the worst in each other" is so wrong, it makes me believe you're reading an entirely different manga. :glare:

Remember Sakura never said she didn't love Naruto. In fact, she indicated the opposite when she got angry at him for saying she was lying to herself. No one says she doesn't still have Sasuke issues 'cause she does. 540 & 676 made that abundantly clear. But with all her development with Naruto, moments like the Feeding scene, hugs, Tenchi Bridge moment, unfinished sentence, it's clear to me Sakura is falling for Naruto without knowing it.

About the Hinata part:

WHO CARES ABOUT HINATA.

#91 darkonanangel

darkonanangel

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Bleach, Naruto, Drawing, Music, Internet Surfing

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

If you are saying that Minato to compared Sakura to Kushina for a reason, then I would like to point out that Tsunade and Jiraya both agreed that Naruto was more like Kushina than Minato.This must have been done for a reason.

I do not remember the scene at the bride, nor am I going to argue Sakura's motive at the time. But Sakura's motive for saving Sasuke was FOR HERSELF. Not for Naruto not for the village.

Sakura has felt insecure about her abilities compared to Sasuke and Naruto since the chunin exams. She realized that she was not as strong as the rest of team 7. Her efforts to get stronger are for herself and her relation to team 7. Actually, you yourself state that she turned from an ignorant selfish person to a selfless person who would do anything for ANYBODY, not just Naruto. In the beginning of Shippuden, she was a totally different person with a different personality. This is not because of Naruto but because of her training with Tsunade, in which she didn't see Naruto for 2 years. In addition, one of her main motivations for getting stronger was to bring Sasuke back.

Kishimoto stated that the hardest scene for him to draw was Sakura's confession to Sasuke. He said he practised making the facial expressions in the mirror to portray the characters feelings accurately. IMO, thats the most emotional I have seen her. But that's just me.

Sakura went to kill Sasuke because she understood that he was a threat to the village. But mainly because she couldn't stand to watch the one who she LOVED fall into darkness. Naruto and Sakura both want to save Sasuke for themselves, as revealed in the confession.

Hinata was never selfless toward Naruto? She was willing to give up her life for him during the pain arc. I cannot recall Sakura ever doing anything for Naruto of that magnitude. I am going to leave it at that.

I never said that Sakura never cared for Naruto. She does but as a close friend and teammate. She has never shown any romantic feelings toward him. And honestly, with thw manga nearing its end, I dont think she will.

Her feelings of Naruto have definitely changed. From dislike and hate to care. But that's it. Care and concern for a brother. Why would Kishimoto do that? Character development! It shows how Sakura has evolved as a character and a person. What would completely ruin that development is to have this fierce, stubborn, strong willed girl push aside her feelings for someone that she loves (which has been confirmed countless times) and go for the other guy. If we are talking about Naruto as the main character, why would Kishimoto portray the main character as the second choice to the heroine? And as of now, we know that Hinata loves Naruto and Sakura doesn't. During the handhold, he said to Hinata "thanks to you being by my side." You may not see Hinata being be Naruto's side, but Naruto does.

I can tell that you do not like Hinata as a character and that's okay with me. But if NS was endgame, I dont think that Kishimoto, as a good manga author, would disregard a character's feelings whom he developed for 4 years.

I would like to end with these questions:
1. When did Naruto explicitly state that he LOVES Sakura?
2. When did Sakura ever state that she stopped LOVING Sasuke?

Andb if you care about hinata as a character and realize her importance to the manga:
3. When did Hinata ever give indication that she was willing to stop loving Naruto?

In order for NS to happen, the first two questions must be answered.

#92 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

If you are saying that Minato to compared Sakura to Kushina for a reason, then I would like to point out that Tsunade and Jiraya both agreed that Naruto was more like Kushina than Minato.This must have been done for a reason.

This is the only part I want to comment on because the rest is just...Anyway

Naruto has been compared to Minato, Kushina, Jiraiya, and Obito. (And actually, Naruto was only compared to Kushina once meanwhile was compared to Jiraiya and Minato 3 times.)
Sakura has been compared to Kushina and Tsunade.
Sasuke has been once compared to Madara and Madara's brother
Hinata has been compared to.....nobody. Noone has ever compared Hinata to anything. So take that as you will.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 July 2014 - 06:16 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#93 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:35 AM

I think people that ask this question are pretty clueless. In Sai's flashback, when he said that he can't confess because of not being able to live up to his promise, what kind of feelings do you think he would convey if he confessed? It's a given that if he feels unworthy to confess for such a reason, those feelings would be genuine love, due to those feelings being latched onto a cause that he has devoted himself to to make her happy. Naruto told Sai that he is in love with her, indirectly.

It has been suggested 11 chapters ago that her romantic feelings for Sasuke are not as strong as they used to be. Eventually she won't really feel anything romantic towards Sasuke.

Edited by Elicit, 28 July 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#94 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

I think people that ask this question are pretty clueless. In Sai's flashback, when he said that he can't confess because of not being able to live up to his promise, what kind of feelings do you think he would convey if he confessed? It's a given that if he feels unworthy to confess for such a reason, those feelings would be genuine love, due to those feelings being latched onto a cause that he has devoted himself to to make her happy. Naruto told Sai that he is in love with her, indirectly.

Let's see, Sai asked and Naruto confirmed. Naruto called Sakura his girlfriend more or less....and everyone in the entire manga knows of Naruto's Love for Sakura. Sai, who barely knows what emotions are, said it best.

"Even I can tell that Naruto loves you."

It has been suggested 11 chapters ago that her romantic feelings for Sasuke are not as strong as they used to be. Eventually she won't really feel anything romantic towards Sasuke.

If she even still has those feelings at all by now. Here is a better question: Show me a page where Sakura specifically says "I'm still in love with Sasuke?"

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 July 2014 - 07:04 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#95 Lilac

Lilac

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

I don't understand why you came to a NaruSaku board to argue for NH/SS, lol. You're not going to convince anyone that NS won't happen, and it's just sort of pointless? It's like crosstagging on tumblr. I know the fandom likes to do that a lot, and it's a bit disrespectful. :sweatdrop:

#96 natalieuciha

natalieuciha

Special Jounin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:ugh
    i'll just gonna say that im gonna be forever anti SS/NH/SK

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

my gosh i would slap this girl so hard for having the nerve to come here to feed us all up with her delusional retarded kitten with such a superior attitude..same pathetic arguments i hear over and over again from the biased nh/ss fans..nothing new here

#97 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

@darkonanagel:

Sakura wants Sasuke back for the sake of T7 and Naruto. It's not about Sasuke by himself as much as you're making it out to be. See Sakura in the LOR arc. She wants T7 together again. It's for all of them, not just her. To say it had nothing to do with Naruto is wrong. She defended him against Sasuke (quite angrily too) when he said he didn't understand him and spat on everything he does for him, was more sad at losing track of Sasuke again for Naruto's sake when they reached the battlefield of Sasuke vs Itachi after Obito took him, the Bridge scene, and she tried very hard to get Sai to understand Naruto's feelings for Sasuke when Sai didn't get why he cared for him.

She definitely cares about Naruto's feelings for Sasuke a lot, enough to believe she does want Sasuke back for Naruto too (like I said, for everyone, not just her).

The scene I mentioned wasn't about how useful she was. It was all about Naruto, her relationship with him, and all he does for her only. She didn't say she only did small and insignificant things. She said she did small and insignificant things for Naruto. And she said this after asking Yamato if she could learn his jutsu to control Naruto when the Nine-tails chakra acted up. He said it was impossible and that's when she was upset and said she always did meaningless things for Naruto. It wasn't about being useful. It was being useful and there for Naruto.

Sakura changed for a lot of reasons, but Naruto was a big part. What Sakura never was was self-aware and selfless.  She was insensitive, not out of being a b*tch but ignorance. What brought out Sakura's selflessness was Naruto first. She saw his hardships, she saw all he endured as a jinchuriki, she saw the pain Sasuke caused, and Sakura has tried to relieve every one of these. Seeing Naruto like this made Sakura change. And her selflessness with Naruto was redirected to everyone else. Naruto made Sakura a better person. That's the beauty of their relationship.

You are right tho. Sakura's motivation to get stronger was partly Sasuke, but the selflessness aspect of her was all Naruto. Sasuke never taught her any good personality trait or change until he actually left. And wanna know why? Because he left. Her feelings to Sasuke are poison to her and her development.

Kishi needed help for Sakura's confession to Sasuke because he didn't know back then how to write it good. It's really that simple. And the reason I say "most emotional cry" was because Kishi drew the emotion on Sakura's face the way he drew Sasuke's after he found out the truth about Itachi. It's not like any other crying scene. Which is funny, because you could say the strength of Sakura's hurt for Naruto's feelings was as strong as Sasuke's after losing Itachi. Well, by panel drawing, anyway. :wink:

If it was about Sasuke, then why didn't she knock out her entire team and go after Sasuke first? She didn't have to go to Naruto or confess. Sakura specifically said she didn't want Naruto chasing after Sasuke and putting himself in danger with genuine anger. And Sakura's whole motivation was taking the burden of Sasuke off Naruto's shoulders and even Kakashi. Going to kill Sasuke to "save himself from darkness" was something she told herself so it didn't sound like she was just killing him. It was a justification, not a motivation.

This is what I dislike. People like you give far too much attention to her feelings for Sasuke instead of her having other motives that have more to do with herself and other people, particularly Naruto. She's not the same fangirl where nothing mattered to her except Sasuke and her love. She's matured into someone who cares more about other things and maybe, just maybe, cares more about Naruto's feelings/doing things for Naruto/helping Naruto/Team 7 in general rather than Sasuke (though he'll always mean a lot to her too).

They want to save Sasuke from himself, not just for themselves. The reason they care so much is because they know Sasuke's on a wrong and dangerous path. If Sasuke was secured and wanted to leave as a traveler again, then I'd bet they'd be more accepting of it. Sad for T7, but at least Sasuke wouldn't be evil.

Hinata has risked her life, yes. Which Sakura would also do in a heartbeat if she had to, as seen by when she jumped in front of a sword for Chiyo (a woman she barely knew). But Hinata has never done what Sakura has done. She's never tried to ease Naruto's burdens, be it the jinchuriki one or Sasuke. Sakura even asked Chiyo if there was a way to remove a Tailed Beast to save Naruto from being used as a tool or hunted down by the Akatsuki (before she knew it would kill him), said they'll save Sasuke together to help him and even took on the full burden of bringing back Sasuke in the Tenchi Bridge scene.

But finally, she was willing to kill Sasuke for Naruto's safety.  Do you have any idea how much that decision must've hurt her? Sakura was thinking of Naruto, something Sai also said. If that's not selfless love (whatever nature), then I don't know what is.

To say Sakura considers Naruto a brother is ridiculous. She has flirted with him in their reunion, blushed very heavily at him in that same reunion (srsly that chapter blew the brother argument right out of the water), hugged him twice with no real need to (public physical intimacy like that is considered romantic in Japan), and blushed at him during her confession and was seriously considering being with him that whole scene. Naruto is not a brother to her and the fact that you tell herself that just proves you want to believe NS has zero chance. Even if Naruto's just a friend rather than a brother, it bothers you.

The accurate, non-biased viewpoint of what Sakura thinks of Naruto is that she doesn't know. She's attracted to him, which could mean he's just a friend that she happens to find attractive or that she actually has deeper feelings for him. We don't know because Sakura's confused (Kishi's own words in Databook 3). But there is no possible way he is like her brother. If he was, none of the above would've happened.

About Sakura's feelings, here's a different viewpoint that proves her CD is not "ruined" if she choses Naruto:

Sakura's love for Sasuke was selfish, painful, demeaning, and made her miserable. She can't speak up to Sasuke. She retreats in herself and sulks at every insult. Not only that, but her love was baseless and based on feelings of a shallow fangirl ("cool, talented bad boy"). Then it deepened into love out of a image she made of Sasuke (hoping Sasuke can open up, be kind, considerate, has no dark side), but was just that. She fell in love with an image and was always hurt and disappointed because he never lived up that image.

Enter Naruto. Sakura's happy because Naruto appreciates her for who she is. She doesn't just have to be "useful". Sakura can be herself. "That stubborn, strong-willed, fiery girl" she can't be with Sasuke. If she's ever upset or depressed, then Naruto will be right there for her. And Sakura's selfless with Naruto, always thinking about his feelings and safety above all, a favor Naruto returns. Was she ever selfless with Sasuke? No and if you don't believe that, then I can list several examples.

The direction of Sakura's character development in regards to Sasuke and Naruto are like this:

"A story of a selfish girl who never understood love.  She had a childish perception of her first love. When she's older, she bonds with another and grows to love someone else who treats her well and truly loves her. A person she misunderstood and a person she used to hate. She loves him for who he is, not who she wants him to be, and instead of like with her first love, she always puts him before herself."

Doesn't this sound like a beautiful message for Sakura's character development? What's 'beautiful' about Sakura going back to someone she doesn't understand and is completely miserable with? Sasuke is not right for Sakura and Sakura is not right for him. I could write a book on how wrong they are for each other with countless panels of evidence.

Naruto is never going to be second choice. He is the main character. Naruto will get everything he wants at the end of the series and will earn it through hard work and determination. If NaruSaku happens, then it's because Sakura truly loves him. Naruto wouldn't accept any less because he wouldn't want to be second and would refuse Sakura if he had any doubt. That's what the confession showed.

*sighs* No. We don't know Sakura doesn't love Naruto. That's just you being biased, like I'm being biased when I say she loves Naruto. The actual, real answer is this: We know Hinata loves Naruto, we know Naruto loves Sakura, and we know Sakura still has Sasuke issues. Sakura's feelings for Naruto are a mystery (KISHI LITERALLY SAID THIS). If you could just be a bit more open-minded and admit that at least, then great. But the problem with you is you don't even do that. Your opinion is fact. None of what we say matters. :glare:

Hinata being by Naruto's side? Where was she when Naruto lost Sasuke? Where was she when he realized he would die getting the Nine-tails extracted? Where was she when Naruto was getting hunted down by Akatsuki? Where was she when he realized Sasuke joined the Akatsuki? Where was she when Jiraiya died? Where was she when K11 decided to eliminate Sasuke? Where was she in his meeting with Sasuke again? Where was she when Naruto almost died?

You know who was there? Sakura. Sakura was the person who tried to lessen his burden of Sasuke, tried to lessen his burden of jinchuriki, and did everything in her power to save Naruto's life when he was dying in front of her. Even for the examples she didn't have much involvement, she witnessed it. Hinata hasn't. Sakura's seen the major issues in his life and she's aware of it. She knows Naruto a thousand times better and has done more for him than Hinata ever has.

I actually don't dislike Hinata. She's a sweet girl. I'm just not going to say she's done so much for Naruto when Sakura has clearly done more. I don't like it when people Hinata give too much attention or ignore Naruto's nonexistent feelings for her and his existent feelings for Sakura. It happens too much and it's annoying. She's too overhyped.

Why is it important if Hinata still has feelings for him? Lee still likes Sakura and so do Ino and Karin with Sasuke, but that doesn't mean they're going to be canon. I don't believe NH's going to happen because Naruto still loves Sakura this late in the series and disregarding that fact is being selective. At the very least he still likes her. Let's not forget Naruto called Sakura his girlfriend in 631 when Hinata was around the vicinity. Now would he say that if he had feelings for Hinata?

See, this is the part where NH fans like you get hypocritical. You refuse to accept that Naruto loves Sakura just because Sai said he did, but when Naruto or Sai say she loves Sasuke it's an automatic fact. One could even argue Sai's words for Naruto's feelings have more validation because of the flashback while Sai never even talked to Sakura about why she wanted to kill Sasuke, but nope who cares. Sakura has never said she didn't love Naruto or still loved Sasuke, but none of that is important to you because you want to believe she doesn't like Naruto and Sai's words about anything NS-related must be kitten. The biasness is strong with you. :roll:

If NH is to become canon, then try answering these questions:

1) When has Naruto EVER demonstrated he was over Sakura?

2). When has Naruto ever indicated he wanted to get over Sakura?

3). When has Sakura ever said she didn't love Naruto?

4). Has Naruto ever called Hinata girlfriend late in the series to his father and done so with Sakura in earshot?

If the answer is "no" to all of these, then you have no basis for Naruto moving on from Sakura and onto Hinata while saying Sakura doesn't love Naruto without a shadow of doubt. If all you have to lean on is Hinata's feelings, then that's not an argument. There has to be a "Naru" in "NaruHina."

(again, I am so sorry for the length of this argument. I just explain my thoughts well XD :sweatdrop:)

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 29 July 2014 - 04:01 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#98 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

@xxRomanceGirlxx
You are gonna make me cry over your posts one day! THEY ARE SO FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!! Especially your last post in this thread...that was just.....beyond wonderful. Really!

@darkonanangel
I guess there's not much to say when so much has already been said by other members. I will say nothing but this, I disagree with everything you have said....the reason to it? I don't find it necessary to state one because you will put it down! Soooooooooo....no reason but I disagree with all you have said.(Although there are very very few parts I agree with you. I can count them on my fingers of one hand!)

Its great to have you on this forum and listen to your insights on why you ship NH, but putting others down and sayin...'You are all wrong and your pov on things is wrong whereas this(yours) is correct' is wrong. You say you do not mean to bash the fandom or anything and just a friendly debate, but I am sorry to say this but it was not a friendly one. Basically, you said, "I come in peace" and then open fired....I or infact many of the members will be really glad if we could have a friendly exchange of opinions as against forcing each other.

You like NH and you ship it, and you decided to share your insights with us, that's great, really! Though I do not approve of this pairing, it was still good to know where the other shippers come from, but it would have been a bit better if you did not try to force your opinions. I am sorry if I came of as rude, but I spoke my mind about things. I am sorry if you were offended in any way and I genuinely apologize for that.

Edited by narusaku256, 28 July 2014 - 11:59 AM.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#99 Coca Cola

Coca Cola

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Plotting to kill Masashi Kishimoto.

Fav Characters in Naruto: Sakura, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, Naruto, Lee
    Sports: Iowa Hawkeyes, Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers, FC Bayern München
    Dislikes: Hinata Hyuuga and whatever team Lebron James is on

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

I do not remember the scene at the bride, nor am I going to argue Sakura's motive at the time. But Sakura's motive for saving Sasuke was FOR HERSELF. Not for Naruto not for the village.

Sakura has felt insecure about her abilities compared to Sasuke and Naruto since the chunin exams. She realized that she was not as strong as the rest of team 7. Her efforts to get stronger are for herself and her relation to team 7. Actually, you yourself state that she turned from an ignorant selfish person to a selfless person who would do anything for ANYBODY, not just Naruto. In the beginning of Shippuden, she was a totally different person with a different personality. This is not because of Naruto but because of her training with Tsunade, in which she didn't see Naruto for 2 years. In addition, one of her main motivations for getting stronger was to bring Sasuke back.

Kishimoto stated that the hardest scene for him to draw was Sakura's confession to Sasuke. He said he practised making the facial expressions in the mirror to portray the characters feelings accurately. IMO, thats the most emotional I have seen her. But that's just me.

Sakura went to kill Sasuke because she understood that he was a threat to the village. But mainly because she couldn't stand to watch the one who she LOVED fall into darkness. Naruto and Sakura both want to save Sasuke for themselves, as revealed in the confession.

Hinata was never selfless toward Naruto? She was willing to give up her life for him during the pain arc. I cannot recall Sakura ever doing anything for Naruto of that magnitude. I am going to leave it at that.

I never said that Sakura never cared for Naruto. She does but as a close friend and teammate. She has never shown any romantic feelings toward him. And honestly, with thw manga nearing its end, I dont think she will.

Her feelings of Naruto have definitely changed. From dislike and hate to care. But that's it. Care and concern for a brother. Why would Kishimoto do that? Character development! It shows how Sakura has evolved as a character and a person. What would completely ruin that development is to have this fierce, stubborn, strong willed girl push aside her feelings for someone that she loves (which has been confirmed countless times) and go for the other guy. If we are talking about Naruto as the main character, why would Kishimoto portray the main character as the second choice to the heroine? And as of now, we know that Hinata loves Naruto and Sakura doesn't. During the handhold, he said to Hinata "thanks to you being by my side." You may not see Hinata being be Naruto's side, but Naruto does.

I can tell that you do not like Hinata as a character and that's okay with me. But if NS was endgame, I dont think that Kishimoto, as a good manga author, would disregard a character's feelings whom he developed for 4 years.

Andb if you care about hinata as a character and realize her importance to the manga:
3. When did Hinata ever give indication that she was willing to stop loving Naruto?

https://www.youtube....h?v=0MRmxfLuNto

I don't care how or why you like NH and SS. You're allowed to like whatever you want, right or wrong.

However, when you start screaming canon, expect people to call you out on your stupidity.

I only have one question.

How does NH become canon?

naruto_s_smile__remake_of_the_remake____

I will not let you stand alone anymore...

I will protect that smiling face.

#100 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

I will try to be to the point as much as possible. In case I go a bit off topic, please forgive me for that. Okay Naruto was compared to Kushina by Tsunade and Jiraiya and he is like that, partly(One or two traits that is, or maybe three or four or five but no more!) For now, I will not talk about Sakura-Kushina parallel. If Naruto's like Kushina, do you want to say Hinata is like Minato? If that is so, then you are wrong I afraid. Minato never had self confidance issues, he was never shy, he never needed someone to motivate him everytime and he always stood his ground. You are mistaking being cool and level headed with being shy and timid. Minato was never timid. He never acted without thinking. NEVER! And he used to get angry! Didn't you see he clutched his fists when he shifted Kushina to the house before going to defeat Nine Tails? Didn't you see the look in his eyes when he held Kushina bridal style when he saved her from Nine Tails attack? He gets angry, but he doesn't let that control him. He is a very very cool headed guy(apparently born of icycle XD). He is a highly analytical guy. Tell me when in this series has Hinata been shown as being analytical? And.......I don't remember him stalking Kushina anytime.

Now if you believe that Hinata is not like Minato, then here I go. We did not get two connected parallels which go hand in hand with each other when Jiraiya and Tsunade stated that he is more like Kushina than Minato. They were general statements on what they saw being with him for such a long time. They 'just' stated it. But when you get 'Pick a girl that is like your mother and don't pick a weird one' and after that we get a parallel with straight reference 'This girl kinda reminds of Kushina' there has to be even greater significance than the things which are 'just' stated by merely seeing and experiencing resemblences, right?

I remember you saying that Minato had seen Naruto for barely twenty minutes so how the hell can he know about his love life! I'll put it this way.....if a guy who sees his son for merely twenty minutes and is able to figure out the interaction between his son and a girl then can't you see how obvious the relationship is? Going by your logic, if a guy who has been there for 20 minutes can guess who is Naruto's girlfriend, then it makes the relationship too obvious especially when the one asking the question is Naruto's own father! It shouldn't be hard for you to figure out who Naruto is going with since you are following the manga for years, knowing his past and everything as opposed to guy who is there for 20 mins and knows nothing about his son(according to you)

Now, Hinata was exhausted and stumbled and that is why she couldn't hel Naruto. May I ask you, why Hinata of all stumbled and was knocked out and why Sakura of all, was the one to be there with Naruto? Why Sakura of all. Kishi could have easily made Tsunade go with Gaara and Naruto but....NO! It was SAKURA of all! And for the record, Sakura was also exhausted and her chakra was also on the brink levels as stated by herself but yet she absolutely refused to give up on Naruto and did everything she could which was in her power. She was ready to sacrifice any damn thing for his sake and to keep him alive! And the rest all....you saw it.

Hinata has done so much for Naruto and she is a side character and people shouldn't expect much of her. May I ask when did we get the panels of Hinata giving up something important for Naruto's dream? I don't even hesitate to state that Sakura of all, knows and understands Naruto the best in the whole series and in a much much better way than Hinata. Sakura is always 'I want to do this for Naruto' 'I want to to do that for Naruto' 'I don't care what happens to me, if this eases Naruto's burdens then I am doing it' 'Naruto should be happy' 'I will be the one to always be by his side and will never let him give up on his dream and support him no matter what, no matter the conseuqnces, no matter what happens to me'. Tell me, isn't this selfless as opposed to 'When this war is over, I will be holding his hand and walk by his side forever'. Did she even take Naruto's feelings under consideration? What Naruto feels? Whom does Naruto like? No, right? I agree with you to an extent that Hinata knows about Naruto's dream. But there is a difference between knowing and supporting. No one in the whole of series has sacrificed and done so much for Naruto's sake.

You say you don't know the bench scene and yet you claim that Hinata is better than Sakura, may I know....how?

You say, Sakura would do anything for anybody and not just Naruto. Has she done so much as she did for Naruto for anyone? Her motivation to get stronger was because of Sasuke and I partly agree with you while it was Naruto and Sasuke both, but....I give props for that! During the whoooollleeeee of part 2, her main reason to bring back Sasuke is for Naruto's sake! She knows he causes Naruto pain and right from day 1, she wants to be useful to Naruto and try to ease his burdens as much as possible. And this has been proven time and again that primary reason for Sakura to bring back Sasuke is more for Naruto's sake than her and the secondary being Team 7!

Honestly speaking, she sounded more of desparate to be with Sasuke as opposed to being in real love with Sasuke, during her confession to him

Sakura's confession to Naruto.....I can go on and on with that whole ark, but I'll leave it here.

Hinata was ready to give her life for Naruto, okay. I'll accept this for the time being, though I have my reasons but still I won't state them. Sakura has never done anything for him on such a magnitude. Okay, may I know what did Sakura do when she saw Naruto go 4 tails during the start of Part 2? Yamato for that matter was very ery careful while approaching Naruto in that state because he knew Naruto was no more in control of himself and he could get killed. Sakura, as soon as she saw this, she remembered the face of lauging Naruto and immediately flooded off towards him, KNOWING THAT SHE COULD GET KILLED IF SHE APPROACHED NARUTO IN 4 TAILS STATE! Even here, it was all for Naruto and zero for herself!

Naruto being a brother? Character development? I stop here itself! I don't think I feel the need to elaborate more on this part. Though I so want to prove you wrong on this part but I will stop here because it will lead us nowhere...

Naruto sees Hinata by his side but so is the case as well for Shikamari, Chouji, Ino, Sakura and all of the Konoha 11. What sets Hinata's 'being there' apart from other Konoha 11. Sakura has proved her 'being there' as a literal stand out from other Konoha 11. What different has Hinata done for Naruto?

EXACTLY!!!!! You made a very good point here. Kishimoto as a good manga author won't disregard feelings of a character whom he has been developing for 4 years. If he can't disregard feelings of character he's developing for 4 years, why would he disregard ALREADY THERE feelings of Naruto who he has been developing from the start of manga which started 15 years ago. You know which is bigger among 15 and 4 right? Also....Part 2 started in 2005 or 2006 if I am not wrong. So why would he disregard developing feelings of Sakura which he has been developing for close to 8-9 years? These figures are again greater than 4 and cannot be ignored!

The answers to your first to questions and not the third because I am not a keen Hinata fan
1) Is it necessary for Naruto to state exclusively that he loves Sakura? Can't you see this through his selflessness toward her, caring, the way he looks at her sometimes or his whole attitude regarding her, for that matter? Its not that hard to figure out. I don't remember him doing any of this for Hinata. But still if you want proof, he said it in 631. I suppose you only love your girlfriend in romantic way.

And here's a question for you as well! 'When did Naruto exclusively state that he loves Hinata?'

2)That is what exactly remains to be seen. That's a huge mystery which Kishimoto is reserving for the end and he has thrown hints and counter hints. But accordingly the way all his hints make sense, considering Kakashi's words as a base for it is......'She fell out of love for Sasuke, but she herself does not realize that yet and that is why she cannot figure out her feelings for Naruto! Her mind still thinks she loves Sasuke whereas her heart already knows she loves Naruto!'

I have said this countless times and I'll say this again, Sakura to me, is a classic case of 'The heart sees what the mind fails to notice'. I think you surely know what this means. Her heart already knows she loves Naruto and what remains for her is to realise consciously that she no longer loves Sasuke but Naruto. With this, I end my LAP saying one last thing that.....her love for Naruto faaarrrr exceeds her love for Sasuke. The only difference between her two loves is the suffixes of 'selfISH' and 'selfLESS'. You know enough to know which is the better one. Make your choice. Thank you.

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: narusaku, pairing, hinata, sakura, sasuke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users