249 replies to this topic

#81 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:07 AM

I like the description of The Legend of Zelda for NES and Link to the Past SNES. They're the same but one has one or few elements that makes it stand out without being criticized heavily.

#82 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

Well it's been confirmed or at least in a way. Edit. Rey's Identity revealed.

Edited by Nostradamus, 24 December 2015 - 06:33 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#83 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:38 AM

Just seen the film

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 24 December 2015 - 05:39 AM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#84 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:53 AM

Alright so I will have my review (I know I'm a little late on it cause life has been a pain atleast with work and a little special project apart from my book) on the Force Awakens up by Saturday, but anyway I've got a few little theory ideas as to what Episode 8 could be called:

Title ideas for Star Wars Episode 8:

1. The First Order

2. Assault of The  First Order 

3.  Power of a Jedi 

What do you guys think? 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#85 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:59 AM

I got a few words;

This. Movie. ROCKS!!! :D

#86 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

I kind of agree that Kylo Ren didn't seem really threatening to me in the least. I also had some problems with the lore of the movie, and some problems with how the first order came into power. It also felt like I watching cut scenes from a video game in some parts of the film. However, I still loved it as a bridging gap between the last three and the new EU.

yeah but i liked how rey was able to counter ren's control

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#87 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:35 PM

My Spoiler Filled Review on The Force Awakens: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#88 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

Saw it a second time and still think it's better than the prequels, and did not force to much cgi kitten in the movies. It was perfect!

Edited by Ryriena, 30 December 2015 - 07:08 PM.

Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

#89 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

Saw it a second time and still think it's better than the prequels, and did not force to much cgi kitten in the movies. It was perfect!

It's not hard to top it you know.

#90 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:55 AM

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with this movie. Terrible writing, boring cast, the bad guy's a freaking wimp, and the lead character's a marry sue. People are crazy if they think this garbage was better than the prequels.

#91 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:59 AM

It seems that with this movie you either really loved it or you really hate it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#92 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

My exact thoughts on this movie.

#93 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

to me it wasn't a good movie saying its better than empire strikes back or even the prequels isn't true i would rather watch those movies and i've seen them before... people kept telling me that the prequels are crap and this movie better not be like them but i'm just lauphing at those people since this new movie's plot is comparatively non-existent ... or wait is the point of star wars to feel nostalgic and things like plot and acting and what normally makes a good movie or sequel not imporant. the prequels weren't perfect but at least they never felt unplanned or forced when i watched them. this movie literally had c3po say it was impossible for r2d2 to have the map to luke in him and then later r2 turns himself on and has the map in him. kitten writing. it probably would have been a better movie if george lucas directed this. unfortunately i was reminded of naruto and how it was good to a point then apparently money attacked and everything changed. even the 3d filming was bad wtf. 

#94 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

It seems that with this movie you either really loved it or you really hate it.

I always feel like hate part comes in being hard on the similarity or not Lucas, which is absurd. I'm sorry, but he had a one hit wonder, and it's one hell of it, but that's all I can say. Episode 1 was a wake up call that he's not that good, much like Kishi with part 2. But to each of their own. If anything, it's far positive than the prequels.

#95 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:43 PM

to me it wasn't a good movie saying its better than empire strikes back or even the prequels isn't true i would rather watch those movies and i've seen them before... people kept telling me that the prequels are crap and this movie better not be like them but i'm just lauphing at those people since this new movie's plot is comparatively non-existent ... or wait is the point of star wars to feel nostalgic and things like plot and acting and what normally makes a good movie or sequel not imporant. the prequels weren't perfect but at least they never felt unplanned or forced when i watched them. this movie literally had c3po say it was impossible for r2d2 to have the map to luke in him and then later r2 turns himself on and has the map in him. kitten writing. it probably would have been a better movie if george lucas directed this. unfortunately i was reminded of naruto and how it was good to a point then apparently money attacked and everything changed. even the 3d filming was bad wtf. 

I .... agree. I've only seen it once and while there were some parts I did enjoy tremendously overall I was pretty disappointed.

Reasons why, Spoilered for those late to the party

Edited by Shadow1275, 31 December 2015 - 11:56 PM.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#96 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

hitler could tell from the trailer 

#97 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

I'm kind of surprised by some of the backlash. Even though the movie has a 94% Rotten Tomatoes Rating, 81 Metacritic and an A Cinemascore

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#98 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

I'm kind of surprised by some of the backlash. Even though the movie has a 94% Rotten Tomatoes Rating, 81 Metacritic and an A Cinemascore

Not everyone will like it the same.

#99 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

Being a huge Star Wars Fan I went in with high expectations
I came out of that theater with a big smile on my face
I loved the movie.

Also heres hoping they dont go the normal route and have Rey as a Skywalker but have her as a Kenobi!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#100 Ryriena

Ryriena

Texas born and Raised

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga, history, unexplained mysteries, linguistics, geology, astrology, astro physics, chemistry, astronomy, sport cars, and racing cars, monster trucks, quantum mechanics and particle physics

Anime/Manga - Gaming

NaruSaku, Ash x Misty, (Pokyshiping) Ichigo x Rukia, Kiba/Hinata, Ichigo x Orihime, Uryū x Orihime, Cullen x Amell, Alastair x Warden, Cullen x Female Inqustior Ed x Winnry, Spike x May Valatine, Kaiden Alekno x Female Shepard, Garus x Female Shepard, Joker x Female Shepard, Angg x Katara, Zuko x Katara, Mako x Kora ( Avatar the last air bender - Legend of Kora) I don't see the ending of Kora as canon since its more of a fan service ending, since the canon pairing is not a properly developed paring.

VLD pairing: Plance, Shiro x Adam, Hunk x Shay, Kallura
    anti Allurance

The Dragon Prince: Cullum x Rayla

TV pairings
    Casket(Castle)
    Angel x Buffy, Buffy x Spike, Angel x Cordila Chase (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Booth x Bones (bones)
    Tony x Ziva David, Abby x Timothy McGee, Timothy x Delia (NCIS)
    Dean x Castiel, Sam x Gabriel, Sam x Elaine, Dean x Jo (Supernatural)

Comics parings: Supes x Lois Lang, Peter Parker x Mary Jay Waston, Captian x Black Widow, Hawke Eye x Black Widow, Jean Grey x Cyclops, Jean x Wolverine, Rouge x Gambit, Batman x Slilena Kyle, Bruce x Black Widow

Movies pairings: Jurassic Park series (Owen x Claire, Malcome x Sarah) Han x Leia, Luke x Maria Jade, Finn x Rey, FinnPoe (Star Wars)

Dislikes Supes x Wonder Woman, as it's basically turns a feminist icon in to a baby maker, NaruHinata, Sasuke x Sakura abusive relationship ahoy.

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

Being a huge Star Wars Fan I went in with high expectations
I came out of that theater with a big smile on my face
I loved the movie.

Also heres hoping they dont go the normal route and have Rey as a Skywalker but have her as a Kenobi!

That would make less sense to me I would thin she was a Skywalker.
Them Duke boys never meant no harm.--------> my childhood.
Freedom of speech is no laughing matter, since it does take one person to stand up for the right too speak out.
firma__op__luffyxnami_nu__out__by_pjxd23

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users