168 replies to this topic

#81 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

It's always argued that he didn't plan it at first. I think he did mean to make him good but the bombardment of execution is tremoundous.

#82 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

It's always argued that he didn't plan it at first. I think he did mean to make him good but the bombardment of execution is tremendous.

I don't discount that possibility he always wanted him to be good, but the lack of execution leads me to believe it was never fully planned out properly.

#83 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

Itachi being good was a popular fan theory. And like several other popular fan theories/ideas that eventually got assimilated into the manga (Naruto getting Sage of Six Paths Powers, Sasuke getting the Rinnegan, Kurama becoming good, etc) . . . it just doesn't quite fit and ends up raising more questions than it answers. 

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#84 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Naruto-Chapter6755_zps1210578e.png

Naruto-Chapter6756_zpsfb820a11.png

I never really got this. 

What exactly did Kakashi mean when he said that her "feelings have changed"? 

Some chapters later we clearly see that they havent ... 

The changes must've been decidet after that chapter. 

Edited by lupina, 14 August 2017 - 10:51 PM.

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#85 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:39 PM

It changed so much, that she probably would go length to go another dimension and find him in a Egyptian timeline as him being a Pharaoh. Not referring to Kaguya's crap; goddammit for messing up the joke...

#86 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

Sasuke could have killed Naruto and Sakura would still be all "Sasuke-kun, take me with you!"

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#87 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Yeah, I think that execution was pretty evident that it was not something planned for at the manga's start.

I say kishi saw the end of metal gear solid 3 and the truth about the boss defecting and though I can use that but epic and meaningful about the aftermath and the relationship with the two unlike the boss and naked snake were.

#88 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

Naruto-Chapter6755_zps1210578e.png

Naruto-Chapter6756_zpsfb820a11.png

I never really got this. 

What exactly did Kakashi mean when he said that her "feelings have changed"? 

Some chapters later we clearly see that they havent ... 

The changes must've been decidet after that chapter. 

To me (at the time), It seemed like Kakashi was insinuating that while Sakura still cared for Sasuke, it wasn't as a romantic interest anymore, once again contributing to the idea that she had fallen for Naruto. I mean, how else do you interpret a line like "Even if you still like him, it's probably a different feeling."?

Edited by Kagomaru, 15 August 2017 - 04:01 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#89 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

I forgot what did the official translation said.

#90 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:08 AM

Kakashi always said things that usually ended up never happen or just empty foreshadowing.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#91 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

To me (at the time), It seemed like Kakashi was insinuating that while Sakura still cared for Sasuke, it wasn't as a romantic interest anymore, once again contributing to the idea that she had fallen for Naruto. I mean, how else do you interpret a line like "Even if you still like him, it's probably a different feeling."?

That's what I thought too. 

She tried to deal with Sasuke on her own, realizing she can't because of what Kakashi said and thus - her feelings changed from an unreasonable childish love (the desire to be aknowledged by him) towards a honest cairing towards a former teammate. 

When I think about it ... Sakuras love for Sasuke always had a very selfish undertone. She loved him, because she wanted something in return (aknowledgement). 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#92 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

That's what I thought too. 

She tried to deal with Sasuke on her own, realizing she can't because of what Kakashi said and thus - her feelings changed from an unreasonable childish love (the desire to be aknowledged by him) towards a honest cairing towards a former teammate. 

When I think about it ... Sakuras love for Sasuke always had a very selfish undertone. She loved him, because she wanted something in return (aknowledgement). 

Not just this...she had the audacity to compare the loneliness that she would feel without him there to the loneliness and pain he probably felt growing up. W.H.A.T???? You have to be joking....No wonder Sasuke calls her annoying again, albeit without a harsh tone to it. I think he understood that she just wanted him to stay which is why he still thanked her for caring that much at least. But shoot....

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#93 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

If there was no harm after 181, I'll be more or less okay with the pairing...

Nope...

#94 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:14 AM

Not just this...she had the audacity to compare the loneliness that she would feel without him there to the loneliness and pain he probably felt growing up. W.H.A.T???? You have to be joking....No wonder Sasuke calls her annoying again, albeit without a harsh tone to it. I think he understood that she just wanted him to stay which is why he still thanked her for caring that much at least. But shoot....

Seriously? That just went completly over my head. 

Oh well ... sounds like they could not come up with another excuse for Sakura to "finally understand Sasuke". Lol.

- Amy Cassidy

#95 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

ut as the Manga went on, and she fell in love with him, she genuinely cared and wanted the best for him.

When? How? Why? 

- Amy Cassidy

#96 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

Yeah. No. 

...No? I mean, it's very easy to see NH development. If you need help, the Last's Databook can hand hold it for you.

But this is just tons of bashing, sourced by hate. I empathize with your frustration, but, try that databook. 

You previously argued against databooks, saying they didnt hold any proof..

ナルサク

#97 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

You may miss it because of imperfect execution, but its there. 

In other words: Bad Writing. 

Edited by lupina, 15 August 2017 - 10:32 PM.

- Amy Cassidy

#98 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

This is incorrect, as I spoke about a specific context within a databook, and how it played up a shipping tease.

Basically, I pick only the facts that matters to my case and leave everything else aside.
“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#99 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:42 PM

This is incorrect, as I spoke about a specific context within a databook, and how it played up a shipping tease. 

Which is your own projection onto the specifics of what is what.

#100 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,249 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:33 AM

Any one remember tango and cash from 1989 cause I feel like those are naruto and Sasuke done right and better friends plus played by two awesome actors one being Kurt kittening Russell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users