228 replies to this topic

#81 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ Dec 22 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its not possible to know who said what. Forget the Interview and move on as normal with the manga.

Kishi interviews don't matter much.

No, they matter to the extent that a given fandom can use the interview to prop itself up.

Same with the databook.

That said...I wouldn't worry too much either way. It's still in the same position as NaruHina: extremely one-sided. Of the the three...NaruSaku is the only realistically two-sided and has been growing that way since the beginning. Kishi has already set the stage for further development.

It's not like he illuminated much future develop that wasn't already going to be obvious (naruto v. sasuke).

It's nothing to fret or panic over. Though watching fandoms, regardless of which it is, implode can be pretty entertaining.

#82 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 23 2009, 01:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems to be more like "Naruto is close, but Sakura loves Sasuke" XD However, keep in mind the question is "How does she feel about Sasuke-kun?"

really, the question was how does she feel about sasuke-kun? then shouldn't it be a good thing to us that for no reason at all kishi brought naruto into the conversation???

#83 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Dec 22 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really, the question was how does she feel about sasuke-kun? then shouldn't it be a good thing to us that for no reason at all kishi brought naruto into the conversation???

Well, at first the person asking the question was pointing out that lately Sakura's worry and actions towards Naruto are at a different level from before. Then they wanted to know, because of this feeling they noticed, what Sakura felt about Sasuke.

Here it is from NF:
That and the language is ambiguous and I'm probably missing some vital context
I did my best though

Romance spoiler

A question about Sakura
"Sakura had always been worried about Naruto, but her actions towards Naruto seem to have a different feel from before, she seems very anxious about Naruto...
How does she feel about Sasuke-kun?"

Kishimoto-sensei:
"As for Sakura... Sasuke... what about Sasuke? Naruto is close and she worries about Naruto as well, but as expected, she [loves] Sasuke.
Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.
On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.
So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata' "
The basic premise is: Sakura loves Sasuke more than Naruto. She hasn't been that heroin-ish, but Kishimoto-sensei will try to change that.

Edited by Miss Soupy, 23 December 2009 - 01:45 AM.

#84 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

its still kinda funny to think that Sakura would love Sasuke < the guy who never showed her love, was just a team mate to her and Naruto, who ended up betraying them to pursue his own desires, who injured Naruto in battle and then 2.5 years later tried to kill him right in front of her, who is causing them pain, who was close to causing war between Cloud and Leaf, who is helping an organization that is hunting Naruto, and who has become a straight up cold blooded killer > more than Naruto < the guy who always cared about her even when he didn't know why, who was always by her side, who understood her better than anyone else, who endured all her torment when she was shallow and who takes the punches even up till recent times with only a little pout on his face (unless his face is caved in lol), who protected her with his life, who saved her and the village, who proved himself to her and everyone with a smile on his face, and who shows her that no matter what he would do anything for a friend, and also proved that to her >

I see that "Sakura loves Sasuke more than Naruto" being true a long time ago, but it doesn't make a bit of sense now... I mean seriously if this is true it makes no sense to me at all

Oh and about that post above me with the translation, it seems to me like Kishi is avoiding the subject about Sakura's feelings and he kinda drifts off and then comes back and says something which makes me smile... apparently all those people that we know of as Sakura haters have not only given us crap, but Kishi crap too, and it seems like he is sick of it, if this is a straight up translation then that is perfect, he is all like, "Sakura is the heroin, I'm soooo sorry that you people didn't like her but I'm not making Hinata the heroin so get over it, instead, I'll just make Sakura alot cooler"---> LOL that is soo cool

Edited by Evil Potato, 23 December 2009 - 01:57 AM.

#85 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:06 AM

This part bothers me tho...

About Sakura:
"When I first saw her hugging Naruto, my heart beat throbbed a bit."

Kishimoto-sensei:
"Well, an unpleasant person is an unpleasant person, but the feeling I was trying to depict is that you could say "after this, [my opinion of her] has gone up a bit... yeah"

Sakura was meant to look unpleasant :/ but the hug was supposed to make us feel better about her? Um...I have a problem with her being an unpleasant person to begin with >.>

#86 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:15 AM

He's been making fun of people who say Sakura is detestable by saying that the hug was to make her less detestable. He's saying it from the millions of Sakura bashers point of view, cause Sakura is always detestable to them.
BLACK AND WHITE

#87 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 22 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This part bothers me tho...

Sakura was meant to look unpleasant :/ but the hug was supposed to make us feel better about her? Um...I have a problem with her being an unpleasant person to begin with >.>

NO, SOUPY! ITS A TRAP! argh1.png

#88 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Dec 22 2009, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO, SOUPY! ITS A TRAP! argh1.png

I wonder what Kishimoto really wanted to convey heheelq7.png

#89 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 22 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder what Kishimoto really wanted to convey heheelq7.png

heheelq7.png

We'll find out soon. wow.png

TRAP! argh1.png

#90 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:57 AM

About Sakura:
"When I first saw her hugging Naruto, my heart beat throbbed a bit."

Kishimoto-sensei:
"Well, an unpleasant person is an unpleasant person, but the feeling I was trying to depict is that you could say "after this, [my opinion of her] has gone up a bit... yeah"

mellow.gif

This part also bothered me as well. Who said this Nakamura? I don't think she should be playing Sakura, if that was the case.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 23 December 2009 - 03:05 AM.

#91 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 23 2009, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, at first the person asking the question was pointing out that lately Sakura's worry and actions towards Naruto are at a different level from before. Then they wanted to know, because of this feeling they noticed, what Sakura felt about Sasuke.

Here it is from NF:

k....that's not so bad. i mean a lot of people are freaking about that quote...but i honestly don't find it that bad. i mean like i said, we all did know sakura loved sasuke. no suprise to any of us if u thought about it. and he did say naruto is close. we know that's for sure now. and we also know that sakura does love naruto since he said she loves sasuke more. so the love is still there wub.gif

#92 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Dec 22 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mellow.gif

This part also bothered me as well. Who said this Namkara? I don't think she should be playing Sakura, if that was the case.

Its NAKAMURA.

Namkara isn't even a Japanese surname.

#93 AnimeLeader

AnimeLeader

Loves Continuity

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:03 AM

I usually don't pay that much mind to interviews, because some of the things Kishimoto wanted to happened never did from Jump Fiesta 2009. Besides he has to say that, he can't spoil the ending or anything to anyone. I love how he pointed out that Hinata is a minor compared to Sakura, who is now getting a major role. I'll stick with the reading, never hurts to see twists in the story anyways =P

#94 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Dec 22 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its NAKAMURA.

Namkara isn't even a Japanese surname.

Thanks for the correct spelling.

#95 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Dec 23 2009, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Sakura is the heroin, I'm soooo sorry that you people didn't like her but I'm not making Hinata the heroin so get over it, instead, I'll just make Sakura alot cooler"---> LOL that is soo cool

hahaha, soooo true. but i just hope when he makes sakura cooler. he at the same time also makes narusaku stronger instead of pushing sakura towards sasuke cuz of her heroinism tongue.gif
anyways....i just remembered something from what u said up here ^. if i remember correctly, didn't sakura have a really worried/sad face on when hinata went in front of sakura proclaiming her love? sakura looked as if she was jealous of hinata there....ALOT!

and i also just realized....what if since Hinata is such a minor character....naruto either never ends with anyone or just someone just completely out of the blue?

Edited by naruto-z, 23 December 2009 - 03:07 AM.

#96 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:07 AM

Bah. Still fanslations. I'll stick with the manga, thank you.

#97 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

Why is is that when something isn't favorable for NaruSaku it's automatically considered a bad translation? Would the same thing be said if something bad was written for NaruHina/SasuSaku?

#98 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:21 AM

^Because people want it that way, to be quite honest. And it's partially because we know a couple (well, it's more like most of the "good' ones, but still) of the translators are slanted towards SasuSaku/NaruHina.

Anyways, I don't think the translation's wrong at all. What we're missing here is the tone. The Sakura still loving Sasuke part is apparently VERY ambiguous, and was hard to translate because of that. Also, Kishimoto's tone seemes completely off in the entire interview. My advice is to look at it, laugh, and see that Kishi is trying to stir the pot. He KNOWS Chapter 476 was lackluster; this is his solution to that issue.

Edited by TwilightLink20xx, 23 December 2009 - 03:21 AM.

#99 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Dec 22 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see that "Sakura loves Sasuke more than Naruto" being true a long time ago, but it doesn't make a bit of sense now... I mean seriously if this is true it makes no sense to me at all

Oh and about that post above me with the translation, it seems to me like Kishi is avoiding the subject about Sakura's feelings and he kinda drifts off and then comes back and says something which makes me smile... apparently all those people that we know of as Sakura haters have not only given us crap, but Kishi crap too, and it seems like he is sick of it, if this is a straight up translation then that is perfect, he is all like, "Sakura is the heroin, I'm soooo sorry that you people didn't like her but I'm not making Hinata the heroin so get over it, instead, I'll just make Sakura alot cooler"---> LOL that is soo cool

That spoiler person needs a basic spelling lesson too- it's heroine not heroin.

It does sound like Kishimoto is really sick of the people who bash Sakura and worship Hinata. I wonder if this will lead to Kishimoto writing some negative repercussion as the result of Hinata voting for Sasuke's death with no qualms- Naruto being hostile toward her because of that. He knows it was a painful choice for Sakura, but the impression Sai gave was that everyone else just voted death for Sasuke without reservation. Naruto can be quite angry and gruff when it comes to something like that. I'd like to see Naruto shout in anger at Hinata about that. I think Hinata needs that wake up call about Naruto, to see he has an unpleasant side.

We can tell from the reactions after the vote that Hinata did vote for Sasuke's death without a qualm- she stares at Ino completely uncomprehending of her sobs. (For her to unquestioningly vote for someone's death, points to her not being as gentlehearted as her surface personality would lead you to believe, as well as not even being aware of Naruto's intense bond to Sasuke- despite even once directly witnessing how hard he was trying to find Sasuke and at least one of his agonized moments when the search failed... )

It also sounds like Kishimoto is wanting to play coy about saying absolutely what he's already let Sakura say and Sai repeat to Naruto- Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and chosen Naruto. He knows there's still a lot of sasusaku shippers out there (never mind that Sasuke never had any interest in Sakura, Sakura knew that, and Sakura has moved on from Sasuke) amongst the Japanese readers.

I thought Sakura was being quite heroic already. I don't think Kishimoto completely understands no matter what he does to make Sakura more heroic and more tender toward Naruto those Sakura haters will hate her. (He understands most of it, they hate her because she's not like Hinata- submissive and worshipping) That's why they ship Sakura with Sasuke- Sakura was "properly submissive and worshipping" to Sasuke. They hate strong female characters that have their own minds.

What worries me is that Kishimoto might turn Sakura submissive and worshipping of Naruto, trying to win over those readers, not realizing that it won't matter what he does, a portion will hate her because she's not Hinata.

The best thing he could do would be to show Hinata's negative side more overtly, show how outright how she doesn't know Naruto at all, and reinforce that Sakura does understand Naruto pretty well, both good and bad sides.

Edited by ciardha, 23 December 2009 - 04:02 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#100 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 22 2009, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does sound like Kishimoto really sick of the people who bash Sakura and worship Hinata. I wonder if this will lead to Kishimoto writing some negative repercussion as the result of Hinata voting for Sasuke's death with no qualms- Naruto being hostile toward her because of that. He knows it was a painful choice for Sakura, but the impression Sai gave was that everyone else just voted death for Sasuke without reservation. Naruto can be quite angry and gruff when it comes to something like that. I'd like to see Naruto shout in anger at Hinata about that. I think Hinata needs that wake up call about Naruto, to see he has an unpleasant side.

Whhhy? Why would you complain about Sakura being bashed and yet single out Hinata as deserving of Naruto's wrath? She is not the one in charge of the decision, it was Shikamaru and Sakura who were the leaders in it. Hinata is unimportant in the matter and really doesn't deserve any kind of treatment like that. And really, I doubt Hinata would suddenly seem fickle about her emotions if she saw Naruto's 'unpleasant side'. You can't blame Hinata for being popular, it is the fans that give her greater support than her part may deserve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users