• This topic is locked This topic is locked
134 replies to this topic

#81 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:00 AM

After a crap first episode and screwing up the Lior story royally in the last episode this episode shows exactly what this new anime should be a truly faithful adaption of the manga. As far as them skipping the Youthswell chapter I could care less.

uc.png

#82 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:43 AM

I really like the pace the series is taking now... earlier on it felt a little bit too rushed... but I feel it's perfect now. It blew right by the Al angst stuff which made me really happy. I guess it helps that I still somewhat remember the last series and this is just replaying the events. I don't really remember anything from what I read of the manga (even though I read the manga after watching the last series so you would think the manga would be fresher in my mind)... so when this new series continues on where the old series had peeled off from the manga... it'll all be new to me (I guess)... which I'm looking forward to.

I also liked this episode because it was full of Winry with a good range of emotions. Although what happens the next episode won't be as shocking second-time around... I think it'll still be a great episode.
Pretty bored.

#83 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Jun 1 2009, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like the pace the series is taking now... earlier on it felt a little bit too rushed... but I feel it's perfect now. It blew right by the Al angst stuff which made me really happy. I guess it helps that I still somewhat remember the last series and this is just replaying the events. I don't really remember anything from what I read of the manga (even though I read the manga after watching the last series so you would think the manga would be fresher in my mind)... so when this new series continues on where the old series had peeled off from the manga... it'll all be new to me (I guess)... which I'm looking forward to.

I also liked this episode because it was full of Winry with a good range of emotions. Although what happens the next episode won't be as shocking second-time around... I think it'll still be a great episode.

I agree, it held the emotions with out getting to angtsy.

On a side note: look behind Winrey during the train station scene, before she talks to Armstrong :teehee: early cameo I would say
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#84 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:58 AM

You know, they should do with Trigun, what they have done with FMA. The manga is so much sweeter than the anime. Way more brutal too.

#85 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

Episode 15

Episode 15 is out, for those of you still watching. DDL provided.

#86 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:00 AM

The New ending rocks!!! I hope someone can make a EdxWinry AMV with it!!!

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#87 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

http://www.onemanga....t/99/00-cover1/

Chapter 99 is up!

A few more chapters and FMA manga is finished! (I heard they were ending it at 100).

#88 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 15 September 2009 - 09:17 PM

awesomeness. if the manga does indeed end soon that means the brotherhood anime will be a faithfull adaptation right to the end this time smile.gif

#89 blindeye

blindeye

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Sep 15 2009, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.onemanga....t/99/00-cover1/

Chapter 99 is up!

A few more chapters and FMA manga is finished! (I heard they were ending it at 100).

Do you have a source for this? It's definitely believable, considering how the manga is going, but I would like to know if there is anything official.

#90 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:42 AM

Not really. Just something me and True heard around the interwebz.

#91 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

Here's a little something for EdxWinry fans to hoot and scream about :

ohboy.png

And I also hear that Brotherhood is working on the storyboard for the last 3 episodes right now, so it's most likely that Arakawa has spoiled them the ending. So, it's no wonder that last part was, you know.... very OBVIOUS heheelq7.png Which also means that the manga ending at 108 chapters is very likely true.

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#92 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Apr 4 2010, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a little something for EdxWinry fans to hoot and scream about :

ohboy.png

And I also hear that Brotherhood is working on the storyboard for the last 3 episodes right now, so it's most likely that Arakawa has spoiled them the ending. So, it's no wonder that last part was, you know.... very OBVIOUS heheelq7.png Which also means that the manga ending at 108 chapters is very likely true.

I think it might actually end with this Month's Chapter.

uc.png

#93 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Fma brotherhood rocks... The original one was a bit worse that brotherhood. Anyway, I can't wait until the next ep!

#94 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:14 AM

Chapter 107 is up

Poor Alphonse. At least Ed got his arm back and is kicking butt. shamefulcry0js.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 11 May 2010 - 04:21 AM.

#95 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

Man, this old topic is still around? Jeez. My old posts are so noobish compared to now.

Loved chapter one-oh-seven. Go get 'em, Ed! Oh, and I love how the alligator and beast homunculus are still around. I liked them, and hoped they wouldn't die. I can only hope for their safety to the end!

#96 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:27 PM

So the manga might end next month, Ed beat the crap out of him, hope it doesn't end like the original with Ed sacrificing himself for Al.

#97 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:44 AM

I don't read the manga, so I'll post this here to avoid spoilers. Just finished watching episode 61.

Am I the only one who felt sad for Wrath's demise?

Wrath was easily my favorite Homunculus since he's actually pretty human, with some little flaws (following Father and all that)... just like the rest of us. He has feelings (chose his own wife), actually felt something for the death of one of his beloved subordinates (i.e. Hughes), and has people that care for him (wife). Not to mention he's pretty badass with his swordsmanship skills and fighting to the death for 4 episodes. I hated the fact that his death was pretty much inevitable.

Honestly, somewhere along the way I started to dislike all the protagonists (the good guys) of this anime (exception: Hohenheim). So I'm probably not going to enjoy the last 3 episodes as much since I'm not cheering for the good guys (especially Lin/Greed, damn I hate that guy). I hope the Elric brothers and Mustang don't get their body/vision back just so that the anime doesn't get an all's well that ends well happy-ending cliche.
Pretty bored.

#98 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

YES!!! FMAB movie confirmed!!!

I think the story might be somewhat fanfiction-like with new enemies, new plot, new characters etc... if not, then that means it's probably somewhat a spin-off like the OVA's

248793.jpg

#99 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Unknown Entity @ Jun 13 2010, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't read the manga, so I'll post this here to avoid spoilers. Just finished watching episode 61.

Am I the only one who felt sad for Wrath's demise?

Wrath was easily my favorite Homunculus since he's actually pretty human, with some little flaws (following Father and all that)... just like the rest of us. He has feelings (chose his own wife), actually felt something for the death of one of his beloved subordinates (i.e. Hughes), and has people that care for him (wife). Not to mention he's pretty badass with his swordsmanship skills and fighting to the death for 4 episodes. I hated the fact that his death was pretty much inevitable.

Honestly, somewhere along the way I started to dislike all the protagonists (the good guys) of this anime (exception: Hohenheim). So I'm probably not going to enjoy the last 3 episodes as much since I'm not cheering for the good guys (especially Lin/Greed, damn I hate that guy). I hope the Elric brothers and Mustang don't get their body/vision back just so that the anime doesn't get an all's well that ends well happy-ending cliche.

I'm not gonna say anything about the ending.

#100 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 4 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not gonna say anything about the ending.

Well, the anime just ended today so it's fine now (maybe?).

MAJOR SPOILERS --Click here to view--
Pretty much what I expected (and was dreading).

Too much of a perfect ending for me, leaving me a little bit dissappointed. What really pushes it over the edge was Mustang getting his sight back. I didn't mind Alphonse getting his body as much as I thought I would since that's what the entire series was building towards, but Mustang escaping the battle with no consequences just sucks.

Lin/Greed, I still hate that guy. Greed, he's a kittening humonculous but he turns good guy? All he ever wanted were friends? Can you get any more cliche? Lin? He just rubs me the wrong way.

The one thing I did enjoy about the final episode was the Ed/Winry. It's always nice to have an anime actually confirm the couple that they were hinting towards throughout the series, rather than leaving things open-ended.

8/10 for the series. Very entertaining.

Edited by GoNeKr@zY, 05 July 2010 - 07:32 AM.
Its NOT Okay. some people havent read the manga or watched the final ep yet. next time wait atleast 2 weeks before openly posting finale spoilers...

Pretty bored.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users