chapter 474.....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#81 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

You have to wait until next year for the official US translation (unless someone has the US Shonen Jump issue) because that volume won't be release until 2011.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#82 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

I did read on MH that they were speeding up the OP volumes close to the Japanese volumes. Hopefully they'll do the same for Naruto. If China gets the same latest release as Japan, i don't see why the U.S. can't, of course i know it'll take a little longer to get here. sleep.gif

#83 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ May 10 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did read on MH that they were speeding up the OP volumes close to the Japanese volumes. Hopefully they'll do the same for Naruto. If China gets the same latest release as Japan, i don't see why the U.S. can't, of course i know it'll take a little longer to get here. sleep.gif

Naruto, over here in the US, had already sped up, twice in the last two years. I don't see another speed up manga volumes happening soon because Viz is already caught up, just about 10 chapters behind the Japanese version, in US Shonen Jump magazine standards.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#84 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 10 2010, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto, over here in the US, had already sped up, twice in the last two years. I don't see another speed up manga volumes happening soon because Viz is already caught up, just about 10 chapters behind the Japanese version, in US Shonen Jump magazine standards.

I didn't know that, still would be nice though to pick up the latest issue about the same time Japan and China gets theirs.

#85 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

The problem here is not the biased the pairing shippers have, but the translator that might have them.

Even translators makes mistakes, but one has to ask is this done on purpose or on accident? I am sure Kishimoto would also be insulted if his work was given the wrong light and mistranslated to something he didn't write.

Now I am not saying all translators are crooked or biased. Some make honest mistakes to try and make reading it easier for us to understand. W also all know how easy it is to alter something to suit something else or make things sounds different and believable.

Personally, I just want the real translation or at least one closet to the real one. Nothing to do with pairing wars. I have seen the biased people play with the manga and screw it up like one time someone had Naruto call Sakura a "Ugly whore" when really he never says this at all in the manga. Like what happened in anime, but again this was a filler. I may not know how to read Japanese, but even I am smart to know a mistranslation when I see one. Especially one done on purpose.

Most of the time the mistranslations are harmless, but sometimes they can give the wrong light about somethings.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#86 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 10 2010, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem here is not the biased the pairing shippers have, but the translator that might have them.

Even translators makes mistakes, but one has to ask is this done on purpose or on accident? I am sure Kishimoto would also be insulted if his work was given the wrong light and mistranslated to something he didn't write.

Now I am not saying all translators are crooked or biased. Some make honest mistakes to try and make reading it easier for us to understand. W also all know how easy it is to alter something to suit something else or make things sounds different and believable.

Personally, I just want the real translation or at least one closet to the real one. Nothing to do with pairing wars. I have seen the biased people play with the manga and screw it up like one time someone had Naruto call Sakura a "Ugly whore" when really he never says this at all in the manga. Like what happened in anime, but again this was a filler. I may not know how to read Japanese, but even I am smart to know a mistranslation when I see one. Especially one done on purpose.

Most of the time the mistranslations are harmless, but sometimes they can give the wrong light about somethings.

I feel the same way I won't judge the translators whether if it's an error or on purpose, but this makes me not to trust on translations when it involves the pairing development of the manga.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#87 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

Well, the good news is that it will all be laid to rest next month, I had a look at Barnes and Nobel yesterday and they're on 471, and just printed the confession (which by the way, reads SOOO much better, as it should be, as I'm paying for it, loll), so we'll be able to see everything in a matter of weeks.

#88 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (TwilightLink20xx @ May 10 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the good news is that it will all be laid to rest next month, I had a look at Barnes and Nobel yesterday and they're on 471, and just printed the confession (which by the way, reads SOOO much better, as it should be, as I'm paying for it, loll), so we'll be able to see everything in a matter of weeks.

Thank goodness for that we can finally know with better translations. smile.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#89 firegirl

firegirl

im a ghost

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:narusaku, politics, debating, wrtiting art

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

how did the confession come out better did sakura still seem to be lying?

#90 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (firegirl @ May 10 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how did the confession come out better did sakura still seem to be lying?

I still say she was telling the truth the problem is she said it at a bad time, but she also did it with the purpose so Naruto stops chasing Sasuke and lift the burden of the POTL from him.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#91 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ May 10 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^Ok, let's see the damn chapter!!! (please scan them) srsliticon.png

Sorry. I don't have a scanner.

Anyhow, the translation is the official translation for the UK and I think USA. The way i see it, the official translations are no better than the ones we already have.

#92 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 10 2010, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
someone had Naruto call Sakura a "Ugly whore" when really he never says this at all in the manga.

That was a filler bit in the anime, when Sakura wakes up a snoring mumbling Naruto in the hospital- oh and he doesn't actually say those words either, the fansubber chose that bit of nastiness. What Naruto says much more accurately translates as "mean person".

Viz's translations aren't completely accurate either, but they tend to be closer, for the most part, than the fantranslators. They and Tokyopop, etc... have made some painfully bad translations too- Yuu Watase's Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres had some glaring translation problems. For some reason shoujo manga seems to get sloppier "official" translations than shonen manga. It's worth looking at fan translations for many shoujo manga series, because the fan translators for shoujo manga tend to keep it closer to accurate than fan translators for shonen manga.

Edited by ciardha, 10 May 2010 - 07:39 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#93 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ May 10 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was a filler bit in the anime, when Sakura wakes up a snoring mumbling Naruto in the hospital- oh and he doesn't actually say those words either, the fansubber chose that bit of nastiness. What Naruto says much more accurately translates as "mean person".

I know, but some people like to use it as fuel to the anti-NS and they tried to use it in the manga saying he said it there.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#94 manny123

manny123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ May 10 2010, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me, if something is "implied" doesn't necessarily mean it is true or false. You know what they say about someone who "assumes."

Some scenes it makes sense, but other scenes it could go either way and both could work.

I rather have the translations close as possible to what is really there. I know there can be a lose in translation, but if a translator adds in a word because he assumes the artist put it there or meant that then we don't get something accurate enough.

Like the Sai scene. It was implied that Sai said that "Sakura loves Sasuke," however according to what was shown, "love" was never put in there and it changed the dialogue entirely to a completely different meaning than what was given.

You have to be careful where words are put because you could change the meaning entirely just by one word.

So Sakura saying Hinata loves Naruto isn't true?
I thought Hinata's confession to Naruto in chapter 437 clearly stated how she felt for him. So technically it isn't a assumption. I would rather have it as accurate as possible too but it seems like everyone is jumping the gun and discrediting the translators. For me this example isn't enough to confirm the translators being bias is all i am saying. Until the US version is released and shows that the translators have been abundantly making mistakes or altering the words of the manga, I wont regard them as biased translators.

I truthfully hope the translations were flawed because then that would mean more NARUSAKU moments for us.

#95 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (manny123 @ May 10 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Sakura saying Hinata loves Naruto isn't true?
I thought Hinata's confession to Naruto in chapter 437 clearly stated how she felt for him. So technically it isn't a assumption. I would rather have it as accurate as possible too but it seems like everyone is jumping the gun and discrediting the translators. For me this example isn't enough to confirm the translators being bias is all i am saying. Until the US version is released and shows that the translators have been abundantly making mistakes or altering the words of the manga, I wont regard them as biased translators.

I truthfully hope the translations were flawed because then that would mean more NARUSAKU moments for us.

No no one has said that Hinata's confession is not true, it is true. We're talking about 442 when Sakura was healing Hinata she never said that Hinata loves Naruto.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#96 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

Oh, Shippu-chan's mind is gonna blow! :O

I don't get it... So did Sakura say "Hinata loves Naruto" or "Hinata you..." or "Hinata really does love Naruto"

Gahh Dx Kishimoto-sama! Save me from insanity!

And fu.png A low as Hinata talks and as far away Sakura was i'm pretty sure Sakura didn't hear her.

#97 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 10 2010, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No no one has said that Hinata's confession is not true, it is true. We're talking about 442 when Sakura was healing Hinata she never said that Hinata loves Naruto.

Well its still implied that its what shes thinking. And I agree with Manny, and overall I just think if anything were mistranslated, it was just Sai simply saying she was willing to kill the person she loves, like she is at the moment in lvoe with Sasuke. Because while she technically still does. Love as a word can be used ambiguously. Its obvious how much Team 7 means to Naruto Sakura and Kakashi. Ill stop there, because some of this is better suited for the debate thread.
\

#98 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:20 AM

Um, the title of this thread says its about 474, not the chapter with Sakura thinking about Hinata's feelings...

Who cares if Sakura says outright that Hinata loves him or not? Sakura knows she does, she noticed it way back during the chuunin exam that Hinata watched him. And if that wasn't enough, she had just confessed it. >.> I feel like this is a wasted effort on something that has already been discussed to death. Hinata loves Naruto and Sakura knows it. Sai believes Sakura loves Sasuke. That's all there is to it. Doesn't make any pairing suddenly canon.

#99 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

Hey, I'm not taking any sides here! I'm trying to get it straight.

The problem IS that Sakura knows. People keep calling her selfish and etc... It's getting quite annoying actually. And, I think the mistranslation was that Sai didn't say that, he said that Sakura chose Naruto over Sasuke. That's what they say they mistranslated. I don't know...

#100 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

as well as sai thinks sakura loves naruto as well.

another thing no one has mention sasuke was trying to kill sakura sense then big difference.

sasuke dosent like sakura that way

naruto dosent like hinata that way.

naruto sakura are on even ground with mutual feelings

i find kish no more then prolonging ns

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users