• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts
  • Interests:Peace
    Curl up, take a nap, and never wake up

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Can we please not post tumblr posts about SS and NH

I think it's unnecessary 

Edited by TheMagicConch, 27 August 2014 - 08:03 PM.

Posted Image

#862 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

I doubt that Sakura will still wants to be with him.She doesn't trust in him yet those fans still say she will go to Sasuke.SS ship is sunk.

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#863 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

I'm telling you! Do what I suggested! The...you know what, forget it. It makes me rage to think of it. Let's just wait on the next chapter.

#864 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

That theory has major flaws...plys no manga support. You don't do a theory like that unless you know the manga backs u up. Not to mention how they purposedly leave out other Uchiha and mythology contet that points out to another pairing, rather than Ss. But... To each their own, I guess.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#865 elmas

elmas

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Are there any NS theories that have manga support and mytology?

tumblr_nipy94W2uE1tjr97wo2_500.gif

#866 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

There are good amount of them. Chatte knows them. Heck, she got some right, yet others remain in question.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 27 August 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#867 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Idk about any theories, but I know of the Japanese folk tale The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya. Its characters are Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru (former comrade, later enemy of Jiraiya) who are masters of frog, slug, and snake magic, respectively. Jiraiya falls in love with Tsunade in the tale, and they get married. And we all know the canon parallels of Jiraiya and Tsunade..

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#868 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

well, talking about chapter 689... have you guys seen this? http://raypazza.tumb...ythology-is-the

That's an interesting Theory, though the part about the three gifts Ninigi came down with, Sasuke only wields one of the three gifts, The sword of Kusunagi, (though also the same name is given to Orichimaru's sword, and apparently the Sword Itach's Susanoo wields is also a variant of the Kusunagi sword, but that's according to Narutopedia so not sure how accurate that is). The Yata no Kagami is wielded by Itachi's Susanoo, and the Yasakani no megatama look like the beads around Narutos' neck when goes into Kurama mode. So that part of the theory seems a bit weak, but I don't know Japanese folklore anywhere near enough to make any concrete argument for or against.

Besides this is Kishi, he takes inspirations loosely from folklore, we have bits of Journey to the West all over the place, Kaguya's tale has been altered to make her into an antagonist. There are too many stories, legends and folklore mixed in to really use any of these legends as concrete proof. Come on when the Sage's brothers name was unvielded to be Hamura, people started to speculate Sakura was his decendant because the flower for the District of Hamura in Tokyo is Sakura.

iAnby7W.gif

#869 NaruSakuNo1Fan

NaruSakuNo1Fan

Kanto's Champion

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Naruto (and, by definition, NaruSaku xD), SAO, Kaichou-Wa Maid Sama- USUI ILY, Pokémon, eating, sleeping, Watashi Ni xx Shinasai and a whole ton of other mangas :) I like sitting in bed on the internet, popping bubble wrap, making fart noises, and singing karaoke with my best friend. Basically, I just love being a pale, nerdy, lazy, permanently sleepy, grumpy otaku. :P

Favorite weird ship?

Mavis x Laxus. Duh.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

Well this sucks. I just hope that we at least get to keep seeing the chapters, even if it is at a later date.

a3ly5_zpsac167236.gif

Anji-chan loves NaruSaku <3   :w00t: 

Sharingan is red

Rasengan is blue
If you won't be my valentine I’ll Chidori you~

#870 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

These are dark days right now lol

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#871 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

That's an interesting Theory, though the part about the three gifts Ninigi came down with, Sasuke only wields one of the three gifts, The sword of Kusunagi, (though also the same name is given to Orichimaru's sword, and apparently the Sword Itach's Susanoo wields is also a variant of the Kusunagi sword, but that's according to Narutopedia so not sure how accurate that is). The Yata no Kagami is wielded by Itachi's Susanoo, and the Yasakani no megatama look like the beads around Narutos' neck when goes into Kurama mode. So that part of the theory seems a bit weak, but I don't know Japanese folklore anywhere near enough to make any concrete argument for or against.

Besides this is Kishi, he takes inspirations loosely from folklore, we have bits of Journey to the West all over the place, Kaguya's tale has been altered to make her into an antagonist. There are too many stories, legends and folklore mixed in to really use any of these legends as concrete proof. Come on when the Sage's brothers name was unvielded to be Hamura, people started to speculate Sakura was his decendant because the flower for the District of Hamura in Tokyo is Sakura.

I read a theory about Black Zetsu being Hamura ya know.  :chuckle:

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#872 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

These are dark days right now lol

The night is darkest just before the dawn. I promise you the dawn is coming.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#873 Naruko

Naruko

I'm not even sorry

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

The night is darkest just before the dawn. I promise you the dawn is coming.

How sweet. 

lion-king-cute-funny-cat-gif.gif

#874 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

well, talking about chapter 689... have you guys seen this? http://raypazza.tumb...ythology-is-the

Oh brother not that stupid ridiculous SS theory again  :facepalm: . Ok let me put this shortly a theory works or can work only and only if the manga supports it has similar events  for example like @Hiraishin said "The Tales of Jiraiya the Gallant" which has similar events in the actual manga and romance subplot  SS on the other hand is just pulling kitten out of their ass so it can fit their already ridiculous and disgusting paring  THE END .

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#875 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Oh brother not that stupid ridiculous SS theory again  :facepalm: . Ok let me put this shortly a theory works or can work only and only if the manga supports it has similar events  for example like @Hiraishin said "The Tales of Jiraiya the Gallant" which has similar events in the actual manga and romance subplot  SS on the other hand is just pulling kitten out of their ass so it can fit their already ridiculous and disgusting paring  THE END .

I really hate this theory too because while yes some folklore references are in Naruto they are not direct references. Again in the story they tell, both characters were in love with each other, but in the manga Sasuke doesn't love Sakura at all. The Tales of Jiraiya the Gallant is another folklore that is much heavier referenced, but is not even similar to the actual folklore either. Tsunade and Jiraiya in Naruto were not a couple. Heavy hints that they could have been, but it never came to pass. I could reference this to Naruto and Sakura by saying well they are inheritors of the Frog and Slug and thus they will get together like the story with Sasuke being the snake.

Also, I thought parallels meant nothing? Why do people keep saying parallels mean nothing and yet parallel everything in Naruto to Japanese folklore?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 27 August 2014 - 11:54 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#876 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

I really hate this theory too because while yes some folklore references are in Naruto they are not direct references. Again in the story they tell, both characters were in love with each other, but in the manga Sasuke doesn't love Sakura at all. The Tales of Jiraiya the Gallant is another folklore that is much heavier referenced, but is not even similar to the actual folklore either. Tsunade and Jiraiya in Naruto were not a couple. Heavy hints that they could have been, but it never came to pass. I could reference this to Naruto and Sakura by saying well they are inheritors of the Frog and Slug and thus they will get together like the story with Sasuke being the snake.
Also, I thought parallels meant nothing? Why do people keep saying parallels mean nothing and yet parallel everything in Naruto to Japanese folklore?

Parallels don't mean anything to them unless it actually supports their pairings. Double standards everywhere :down:
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#877 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

Pretty much what you said . SS theory just have to many loop holes it isn't even funny the biggest one is  their actual relationship doesn't fit with this folktale , if Sakura and Sasuke were referenced as Ninigi and Konohana or if there was a mention a hint  of that folklore in the manga then yes they would have been right otherwise what they are doing with this is like always making up stuff  out of their ass so it can fit their paring really its nothing new when it comes to SS its getting very very old . 

Yes The Talles of Jiraiya at least is referenced in the manga as well as the Yamata no Orochi and last the Kaguya one that's the difference in here .

Oh you :chuckle:   You know that when it comes to SS everything matters but not for NS nope we can have that now it goes against everything that is SS so double standards pretty much like always    :zaru: . 

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#878 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

Parallels don't mean anything to them unless it actually supports their pairings. Double standards everywhere :down:

Exactly. They will reject any parallels/hints/moments that support Naruto and Sakura. But as soon as they smell some NH, they will instantly declare that Kishi uses symbolism and parallels to tell us the future. Hypocrites all of them.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#879 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

Kaguya is the final villain in (anime) yaiba. The anime is adaptation of manga of the same name made by aoyama gosho(detective Conan).
Yaiba is dragon ball rip off.
So kaguya in naruto isn't the only manga who use kaguya as the villain.

Sasuke doesn't love sakura. How hard to understand it.

Edited by rocci, 28 August 2014 - 12:13 AM.

#880 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

Exactly. They will reject any parallels/hints/moments that support Naruto and Sakura. But as soon as they smell some NH, they will instantly declare that Kishi uses symbolism and parallels to tell us the future. Hypocrites all of them.

See, and that's absolutely why I don't take any of their "theories" seriously. They look for something that's not supported at all in the story, while all of our proof is thrown right into their faces and they still try their hardest to ignore it.

Edited by Swagkura, 28 August 2014 - 12:12 AM.

tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto chapters, team 7, chapter 689, 689

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users