• This topic is locked This topic is locked
882 replies to this topic

#861 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jan 22 2013, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It also explains why the Sakura bashers are out in full force... can you believe I'm seeing people say Ino is now more popular and more useful then Sakura... all just because of this chapter? Oh yeah and that she appearently dropped the Sasuke fangirlism (seriously, I liked to know where that came from?) Heck people claimed Hinata was awesome here too despite only doing one lousy attack that deflected/destroyed a hand of the 10 tails (? I didn't see that part clearly) Even Ten Ten is being consider better... and she hasn't done a damn thing longer then Sakura

Are you kidding me? Sakura's character development throughout the series far surpasses any that Ino has had. Look no further than the Kage Summit. Ino was bawling and voted "No" against Sasuke getting eliminated, yet Sakura sucked it up and actually set it in motion. The funny thing is, while Ino was crying for Sasuke, Sakura was crying for Naruto. Ironic. I hate how so many only think Sakura's reasons was to "save Sasuke from darkness". It wasn't. Naruto was a a large motivation, possibly even greater than her Sasuke resolve. But their selective reading doesn't allow them to look past "She loves him so much, she can't bear to see him get even further in the darkness" line.

Bolded: That moment when you see the double standard that Ino decided to let go of Sasuke in 616, yet in 540 Sakura's feelings apparently remain unconditional. I say this because both panels are eerily similiar.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 23 January 2013 - 12:52 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#862 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Jan 23 2013, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you kidding me? Sakura's character development throughout the series far surpasses any that Ino has had. Look no further than the Kage Summit. Ino was bawling and voted "No" against Sasuke getting eliminated, yet Sakura sucked it up and actually set it in motion. The funny thing is, while Ino was crying for Sasuke, Sakura was crying for Naruto. Ironic. I hate how so many only think Sakura's reasons was to "save Sasuke from darkness". It wasn't. Naruto was a a large motivation, possibly even greater than her Sasuke resolve. But their selective reading doesn't allow them to look past "She loves him so much, she can't bear to see him get even further in the darkness" line.

Bolded: That moment when you see the double standard that Ino decided to let go of Sasuke in 616, yet in 540 Sakura's feelings apparently remain unconditional. I say this because both panels are eerily similiar.

And if I try to debate about that subject... of coarse I'll just get met with responses that are more about how I'm not understanding this instead of specifically giving me the information I need. I've done this song and dance many times before, best just let them believe what they want.

I'm all for a Sakura chapter, but something tells me her foreshadowing is have to wait for last :/

Edited by MangaReader, 23 January 2013 - 01:04 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#863 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Oh, God, kill me please:

The Manga has ben slowly moving Hinata's way so Sakura fans are now afraid of were Kishi is taking it so they lash out in rage.

111193.gif

Edited by Chatte, 23 January 2013 - 01:10 AM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#864 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 23 2013, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, God, kill me please:

The Manga has ben slowly moving Hinata's way so Sakura fans are now afraid of were Kishi is taking it so they lash out in rage.

111193.gif

Wait... what? How backwards is the person who posted that?

#865 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jan 23 2013, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait... what? How backwards is the person who posted that?

On another forum... God it's so hard to keep up with people like these, really. Because even if you give them the most logical proofs, they don't even care.

#866 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 23 2013, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On another forum... God it's so hard to keep up with people like these, really. Because even if you give them the most logical proofs, they don't even care.

I knew it was from a different forum, I just wanted to know how backwards they are? Right, because the title stating Sakura was the main heroin was clearly lying to us

#867 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jan 23 2013, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I knew it was from a different forum, I just wanted to know how backwards they are? Right, because the title stating Sakura was the main heroin was clearly lying to us

Kishi made it completely clear who's the heroine. Anyone saying otherwise are in denial.

I will sit on my chair and wait for Sakura. Like "bring it on, Kishi, I'm waiting..durreumdum fu.png "

Edited by sushi., 23 January 2013 - 01:34 AM.

ナルサク

#868 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jan 23 2013, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I don't want to offend people, I try to avoid it as much as I can but sometimes it's just...ugh!

#869 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Eh only problem with Kishi is, he sucks at giving females full fledged action roles. They sometimes do questionable things and even I wished Sakura's talk with Naruto in the iron country, rather than do the whole fake confession, I would have liked it if it was something like rather than mention any love, they made some new resolve or just be direct with Naruto in trying to ease his pain, it would have been better on Sakura's part if she was aware naruto loved her but did not mention it, kinda like how Naruto was aware of when he hurt Sakura. (though in the sora arc he did tell sakura he hurt her and he did not want it to happen again to her face when he defended her from sora as he was becoming another nine tails)

I'm not saying Sakura, Ino, and so on are bad but we sadly don't have as many fights with a female kicking ass like Tsunade did against orochimaru in part 1 or what Sakura did mainly at Sasori, somewhat in the reunion arc, but then its been down for a while.

One thing many people don't understand in Shounen manga is that not everyone needs to be a fighter, we don't need there to be so many fighters in this series, some people have other ways of supporting the team. One reason I love dragonball better than dragonball Z is because every character had a role before it was just muscle bound men with differently named energy blasting and tall hair styles. I loved how in dragon ball Yamcha had a good role and Bluma was a tech expert who did much more in dragonball than dragonball z.

When it comes to actual fighting, one series that gave females or rather all the cast a good role was Avatar the last airbender, toph is still my fav character under Zuko. She was blind, rude, and could bend metal and I loved her. One piece gives Nami and Robin some fighting but Nami is moderate and usually against henchmen, I see robin in a fair amount of fights.

In Naruto, mainly the only female who is always powerful is Tsunade, but Sakura has been a good fighter and proven her worth time and time again, she is more of a mental character but her training with Tsunade gave her the power to at least hold her own. I mean she did smash pain's centipede and bust the white zetsu. It would be awesome if she gets one slight power boost to aid naruto. If anything I hope we see the successors of the Sanin, they did their job, a new gen comes up.

so on one hand, it is a weakness of the author, kishi did succeed in a few ways though like how Sakura resolved to help naruto and still does, one funny thing between them both is how naruto wants to finish the promise but also Sakura wants to help him complete it or rather with anything. Sakura wanted to learn wood style for the possiblity to protect Naruto from the nine tails, she was aware of the trouble and curse naruto beared so she hoped she could aid him in this. Thats still a good relation they have, the pain of wanting to help one another.

Sakura will have her time, I really want to see her in 617 tomarrow. Not for her "moment" let sai, kiba, etc have their time, sakura comes near the end, maybe something to resolve what happens with Tsunade. We still don't know what she reacted too in 615 but its important. One panel in a big event with no one else, why show Sakura? Many haters said it was to degrade or insult her, that she was no longer the main character, well look how long that hand moment lasted.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#870 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Jan 22 2013, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It also explains why the Sakura bashers are out in full force... can you believe I'm seeing people say Ino is now more popular and more useful then Sakura... all just because of this chapter? Oh yeah and that she appearently dropped the Sasuke fangirlism (seriously, I liked to know where that came from?) Heck people claimed Hinata was awesome here too despite only doing one lousy attack that deflected/destroyed a hand of the 10 tails (? I didn't see that part clearly) Even Ten Ten is being consider better... and she hasn't done a damn thing longer then Sakura

Ino "dropping the Sasuke fangirlism":

Sakura "unconditionally loving Sasuke":

Dat double-standard. cool.gif

#871 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 23 2013, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ino "dropping the Sasuke fangirlism":

Sakura "unconditionally loving Sasuke":

Dat double-standard. cool.gif

I totally want to post that somewhere else... but something tells me the double standard will kick in tongue.gif

#872 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

How stupid is it to say Ino is dropping her feelings for Sasuke (which I believe she is), but somehow Sakura won't? Hell, Sakura has far more many reasons to move on from Sasuke than Ino does.

*sigh* The double standard of this fandom ... sleep.gif

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 23 January 2013 - 02:16 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#873 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Jan 22 2013, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh hell yeah. IMO, Naruto was the main reason and a huge motivation for her actions. She was gonna shoulder his hate for his safety. A lot of times in Part 2, Naruto was the main motivator for her actions and she did a lot of things so he wouldn't worry and all that jazz. It was actually mutual. One. Sakura hiding the fact that Naruto was the one who injured her at the bridge. Naruto not telling Sakura about the Lightning Village ninja beating him up. biggrin.gif Gotta love those two.

#874 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ Jan 23 2013, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How stupid is it to say Ino is dropping her feelings for Sasuke (which I believe she is), but somehow Sakura won't? Hell, Sakura has far more many reasons to move on from Sasuke than Ino does.

*sigh* The double standard of this fandom ... sleep.gif

It's pretty much as the old saying goes... People only see what they want to see

#875 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Jan 22 2013, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh hell yeah. IMO, Naruto was the main reason and a huge motivation for her actions. She was gonna shoulder his hate for his safety. A lot of times in Part 2, Naruto was the main motivator for her actions and she did a lot of things so he wouldn't worry and all that jazz. It was actually mutual. One. Sakura hiding the fact that Naruto was the one who injured her at the bridge. Naruto not telling Sakura about the Lightning Village ninja beating him up. biggrin.gif Gotta love those two.

Seriously, what is wrong with this fandom? A lot of them take everything at face value, but only when it's something that they like. 540: Taken at face value by the majority. Sakura is deeply in love with Sasuke and is saddened by who he is, not ashamed. 469/470: Again, taken at face value. Naruto rejected her confession because he no longer has strong feelings for her (The angry reaction he had? Confirmed the opposite, NH fans). He said Sakura was lying. Naruto said it, so it must be true (Dense Boy Wonder as a reliable source? Plz. rolleyes.gif). 473: Sai and Naruto said she was going to kill Sasuke because he loved him. Apparently, this means she has absolutely no feelings for Naruto. facepalm.png Dat double standard when NaruHina fans say Sai is socially retarded so he misinterpreted Naruto's love for Sakura, yet when he says Sakura was trying to save Sasuke from the darkness because of love, he's suddenly a genius. tongue.gif

The moments that should've been taken at face value. Unfinished sentence scene: Yamato was implying 100% Sakura might be falling in love with Naruto. The NH fans raged, and continue to repeat like a mantra "Yamato could've just said care! You don't know if he was saying love." I find this argument particularly weak. Yamato already said care. Why make it so dramatic? 450: Sakura cried for over 3 full minutes over Naruto's pain. She was guilt-tripped true, but NH fans conviently forget that she cared way too much there for causing pain to a simple friend.

End rant. laugh.gif Basically, I agree with you. Naruto was a major reason for her actions, larger than Sasuke's IMO. I want to say Naruto was her only motivation, but because that's seen as heavily biased in my eyes, I have to consider Sai's words of saving Sasuke from himself until it's proven otherwise by Sakura that wasn't her intention.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 23 January 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#876 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

I just remembered something: Shouldn't Jump Alpha's version of this chapter be out now?? I'd be interested in what its' translation says about Ino's line. Anyone here subscribed to it?? I know TwilightLink does, but I haven't heard a peep from him.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#877 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

You know, I don't know if it's the official translation, but why did Naruto say to Sakura Kakashi first. First? Who's supposed to be the "first one"? It seems that Kakashi finally got healed completely to walk up to the field on his own. So yeah, where is this going? Am I misunderstanding something?

#878 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Jan 22 2013, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also find it interesting how in both cases of Naruto and Sakura protecting each other from the truth, they were told what really happened by a second witness (Yamato and Sai), two of whom are obviously onto the subliminal love and connection between the two.

I also find Naruto and Sakura's reactions to learning of what they protected each other from very mutual and interesting as well. happy.gif

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#879 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 22 2013, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just remembered something: Shouldn't Jump Alpha's version of this chapter be out now?? I'd be interested in what its' translation says about Ino's line. Anyone here subscribed to it?? I know TwilightLink does, but I haven't heard a peep from him.

His video on the chapter is up. Here:

He mentions Jump Alpha's translation of that very line in this review. happy.gif

#880 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 23 2013, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His video on the chapter is up. Here:

He mentions Jump Alpha's translation of that very line in this review. happy.gif

On what minute??

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users