• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

Perfect.

Now we need Naruto as a groom.

How's this? ;) 

tumblr_mzsu8jPgZk1qfqao1o3_500.gif

I'll always be there to catch you when you fall. 

#8523 Hallox93

Hallox93

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:47 PM

I don't like how Kishi decided to sideline his heroine he's been developing for over a decade for a side-character. 

#8524 abloublou

abloublou

NH SS SK hater. You're doing it wrong Kishi.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Yup! Aww! She looks beautiful! *wipes away tear*

What if the wedding is in more traditional clothing, and they put her in that, though? I'm afraid to see how that might look, given what they did to Hinata.  :twitch:

Hinata's clothes are just weird, not traditonnal at all.

I can't see Sakura in a formal kimono for her marriage. It's a western dress that would fit her the most.

I really don't like Naruto's new haircut :c

me neither.

Edited by abloublou, 04 November 2014 - 09:47 PM.

#8525 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

I will dislike Sakura for still having feelings for sasuke and not even contemplating Naruto and her feelings for him. It will destroy the character for me. She's got to have the mental switch flip in these last chapters, otherwise it's over. 

I will dislike Naruto for watching the girl he loves walk away without being selfish just once and telling her how's he felt about her since he was a kid. I want to see him man up a bit.

Sakura will always have a special place in her heart for Sasuke like Naruto does. I highly doubt it will be romantic feelings.

#8526 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

1 day left

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#8527 TheQueenB

TheQueenB

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:48 PM

I can't see Sakura in a formal kimono for her marriage. It's a western dress that would fit her the most.

me neither.

Well, we did see them wearing Western clothing in the manga, during the IT sequences, so I guess it's possible, but why this kind of garb?  :twitch:

Edited by TheQueenB, 04 November 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#8528 Naruka

Naruka

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

me neither.

Like I thought it would grow on me after a bit, but just, I dislike it so much. His bijuu form looks so weird with it too.

tumblr_mur9f2K3jL1qzix30o3_500.gif

#8529 Hallox93

Hallox93

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:49 PM

I hope this movie is about Naruto gaining the courage to chase his first love after being inspired by Hinata and her courage in chasing Naruto. It's a kind way to have Naruto and Hinata interact, not ending up together, but Hinata inspiring Naruto as Naruto has inspired her all along. Nicest way to terminate NH as well. 

#8530 TheQueenB

TheQueenB

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:50 PM

I really don't like Naruto's new haircut :c

It looked good in the sketches, especially when it showed his more casual style, but I really don't like how SP did it. 

#8531 Hallox93

Hallox93

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Like I thought it would grow on me after a bit, but just, I dislike it so much. His bijuu form looks so weird with it too.

somehow he looks younger. if he was more manly looking it would be alright. Broader shoulders, bigger arms and a more defined face and jaw. 

#8532 Raiton

Raiton

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

I will dislike Sakura for still having feelings for sasuke and not even contemplating Naruto and her feelings for him. It will destroy the character for me. She's got to have the mental switch flip in these last chapters, otherwise it's over. 

I will dislike Naruto for watching the girl he loves walk away without being selfish just once and telling her how's he felt about her since he was a kid. I want to see him man up a bit. 

Moral of the story? Nice men always lose! x)

taRhIfA.png                                                            

#8533 Hallox93

Hallox93

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

Moral of the story? Nice men always lose! x)

nahh they win, they just have to have the courage when and where to be selfish and tell the girl. Damn, if he doesn't even tell her when we know he still loves her...

#8534 abloublou

abloublou

NH SS SK hater. You're doing it wrong Kishi.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

somehow he looks younger. if he was more manly looking it would be alright. Broader shoulders, bigger arms and a more defined face and jaw. 

This. He looks like a lanky 16 years old.

#8535 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

Then what will happen ?

U do know epilogue has to show naruto's wife so kishi could save most of the NS excecution for the movie and do little NS on this chapter.Besides epilogue happens after 6-10yrs so everything will be rushed.

I understand u well and i am not against u for thinking like this.

Sure there wouldve been the possibility of NS development or becoming canon in the movie, but theres nothing pointing towards this possibility at the moment. All we get is NH here and NH there.

Cool mixing of facts, I can do that to, if I try. Lem me try:

DB confirmed about Naruto romanticaly loves Sakura

And Sakura wants to save Sasuke

Nor NH from Naruto or SS from Sasuke being confirmed.

Teases from SP? Have you even see other's movies of Naruto?

There is no SS or NH development in miles aroun as much as NS, and... what? You saying that 2 chapters will break all that build up so far? You bet.

DB said Sakrua saved naruto to thank him for loving her and protecitng her, no sign of her having romantic feelings for him. Shes has to save him to make up for ti cause she cant love him...

Db said that Naruto loved her until now, well now is over..

Sakura wants to save sasuke, but still confessed to him 5 chapters ago cause she has romantic feelings for him...

Nh maybe not confirmed, but highly teased for the movie, and Sakuras development in her feelings for naurto nullifyd...

Other movies like RTN? That played in AU? Or other movies that were said to be the final of the manga and focused on love??

2 chapters a timeskip and a movie? with kishis asspulling skills? YES!

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#8536 Silent Storm

Silent Storm

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

I'm back.

Before I begin, I am not in any way claiming NaruSaku being endgame is 100% certainty. It's this kind of overconfidence that can lead to having things blow up in your face and I tend to avoid it. Despite that, people need to consider what this movie is and what they're implying by saying this will seal the deal with NaruHina. They also need to consider the manga structure and the fact that Kishimoto is predictable while Naruto is very cliche in Shonen tropes.

Firstly, I am going to assume, based on the black dress that the main baddie will either try and force Hinata to marry him or use her as a sacrifice, which in some way ties into the "sorrowful fate of the Hyuga". From the trailer we're given clear imagery of Naruto being angry and making Hinata cry, which logically ties into him saying he has something to tell Hinata and that she should wait for him. My guess is the movie will end on a "you can't force someone to love you or something" kind of deal. Hinata will get closure after handing over the scarf or whatever and Naruto apologizing to her for whatever happened. He will appreciate and thank her for her feelings but ultimately deny them.

Had this been a short film independent of the source material then I would understand, but the way I see it, this film has 15 years worth of characterization and storytelling behind it and Kishimoto has come out and said this is connected to the main story, and any way you look it at it it would just be illogical that this would end in NaruHina. The source material stands on it's own and a movie should not be necessary to finish it, and keep in mind that Hinata use in the story ended in 615, and we are close to chapter 700. Usually the main hero and main heroine / love interest stick it out right to the very end, and that, coupled with the fact that Hinata has not been connected to Kushina, who foreshadowed Naruto finding a girl like her, who was then later connected to Sakura by the one person that knew Kushina best, leads me to believe this will be a resolution film. NaruHina still, but not for the reasons people believe.

The fact remains that the dynamic of the relationship between them has not changed since the war so I am finding it hard to imagine this will be the catalyst for NaruHina being endgame. There have been stories where the main hero saves the girl of the movie who had feelings for him but they didn't end up together. Stop focusing on Hinata and look at Naruto as well.

This further drives home the point that nobody gives a kitten about Naruto but just they like Hinata and thus put more weight on her despite being a side character.

Excuse me, but when has Hinata ever been more important to Naruto's story and life?

Kishimoto may be a troll on some things but he's always been consistent and predictable. Take Tobi / Obito for example. We have a character with a mask that has one eye hole, whose name is written similarly to Obito and is mysterious. Obito's body not being recovered, his eye being taken by Kakashi and this mysterious character with a similar eye and name all pointed towards them being the same person, as illogical as it sounded back then I saw Tobi = Obito coming a mile away (especially after his reaction to the edo tensei we conveniently never saw which turned out to be Madara).

Then we have Minato = Naruto's father. Here we have a character that is being compared to the fourth Hokage, looks like him, has other characters compare Naruto to him. So while not outright stated, it's reasonable to make the connection that Naruto is related by blood in some way to Minato. Was not outright stated, but was something everyone saw coming a mile away.

What I am trying to get at is that Kishimoto, while his plans have changed somewhat to extend the manga, has always stuck to some original design and line of consistency which shows as in the end just about every obvious event that was foreshadowed and hinted at happened. Tobi was Obito, Minato was Naruto's father, Naruto vs Sasuke, Naruto and Sasuke teaming up against the bad guy, team 7 playing an important role in the final enemy etc, so when you have characters foreshadowing Naruto succeeding where they failed such as Jiraiya saying he will save his friend and win the girl he's interested in, then it's reasonable to assume that will happen. When you have a character who is compared to Naruto and has a similar team dynamic with Kakashi and Rin, then it's reasonable to assume he'll get the girl and become hokage. Finally, when you develop a relationship that has arguably seen the most change in character dynamics in the manga, and is then foreshadowed by his god damn mother that he should seek out a girl like him, and then the comparison to the girl he was interested in is made by his father, it's reasonable to assume that Kishimoto will follow through and make NaruSaku canon, no matter how sloppy and quick it'll be.

The fact remains that Naruto / Hinata and Sasuke / Sakura dynamic has at best stagnated or at worst deteriorated it. Kishimoto put effort into these dynamics (no matter how sloppy they were) and demonstrated a relationship where one character was violent towards another and different (Sasuke / Sakura) and where one character's bond with the other never progressed beyond that of friendship (Naruto / Hinata). He layed the tracks for NaruHina but never followed up on them, and when done he took Hinata off the battlefield and then paired her dream to be with Naruto along with other dreams that are impossible to achieve. The dynamics have not changed in the movie so it's madness to assume it'll do a 180 when Kishimoto has remained consistent to some degree with these dynamics.

And lets remember that Naruto has not given a single thought to Hinata in any other way than that of a precious friend nor does the trailers and information released so far leads anyone to believe that Naruto, a character that has had an established love interested paralleled to his mother and foreshadowed to get with, would drop all of this and fall in love with Hinata. The main theme also being based on friendships and bonds rather than a love song also leads me to believe this is unlikely.

The movie has been in production for 2 years. In those two years Kishimoto had ample opportunities to shift the dynamics between Naruto / Hinata towards that of a romantic relationship and then make the comparison between her and Kushina. He did not do that and instead decided to develop the dynamic between Naruto / Sakura AND then make the comparison between her and Kushina. Before that we see Sakura's increasing worry in Naruto and Naruto's lack of shift of romantic interest. This is then foreshadowed by Yamato implying that Sakura is falling in love with Naruto which was cut off, Sai making comments about her gentleness towards him and other comments being cut off (which ties back to Shikaku's comment about even the roughest woman being tender with the man she loves) and the famous hug scene. 662 I think was symbolic in that Hinata despite her efforts was not the right person to be by Naruto's side, and then couple all that with the fact that she's been largely Naruto centric with no other qualities and shown no indication that she supports his dreams, makes a NaruHina endgame even more unlikely.

And other pairings cannot claim that NaruSaku would be badly written because every pairing is in the same position as NaruSaku when it comes to asspulling only they don't have the luxury of the relationship being the most changed in the entire manga and the foreshadowing and various 3rd party comments.

That is why I am finding it hard to believe a NaruHina end in this movie based on the source material and 15 years worth of characterizations not supporting either end. This is not like Dragon Ball where it was done out of convenience to introduce saiyans, Kishimoto has put in effort into these character dynamics and has remained consistent throughout and I would be upset that he'd throw that all away at the finish line it just wouldn't be right.

Could I be wrong? Possibly. I could be terribly wrong in all of this as more information comes out but based on what I've been shown I am finding it hard to imagine Kishimoto would do this. Unlike the other side I don't downplay moments they share, but what they lack is ample development, mutual interest and consistent bond being built between them. The dynamics haven't changed at best or has worsened over time. The moments are one thing, but frequency is something else entirely.

There is no denying his writing has been sloppy due to adding in too many elements etc, but one thing he's always executed is tying up major loose ends and following through on foreshadowing.

Edited by Silent Storm, 04 November 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#8537 Naruka

Naruka

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

It looked good in the sketches, especially when it showed his more casual style, but I really don't like how SP did it. 

I don't either. The sketches were good, but the way SP is doing it just makes him look weird. Like his head honestly looks too small for his body o.o

tumblr_mur9f2K3jL1qzix30o3_500.gif

#8538 Hallox93

Hallox93

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:55 PM

Sure there wouldve been the possibility of NS development or becoming canon in the movie, but theres nothing pointing towards this possibility at the moment. All we get is NH here and NH there.

DB said Sakrua saved naruto to thank him for loving her and protecitng her, no sign of her having romantic feelings for him. Shes has to save him to make up for ti cause she cant love him...

Sakura wants to save sasuke, but still confessed to him 5 chapters ago cause she has romantic feelings for him...

Nh maybe not confirmed, but highly teased for the movie, and Sakuras development in her feelings for naurto nullifyd...

Other movies like RTN? That played in AU? Or other movies that were said to be the final of the manga and focused on love??

they meant that hes loved her even up to now. doesnt mean its over haha. 

#8539 TheQueenB

TheQueenB

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:56 PM

I don't either. The sketches were good, but the way SP is doing it just makes him look weird. Like his head honestly looks too small for his body o.o

Look at the trailer during the sequence wherein he fights the puppets that are swarming him; his eyes are far too spaced out, and the hair is shorter than it should be. 

Honestly, I think he looks like a chicken, especially in the first promotional shot in which he says "Ikuzo!" 

What have they done to my baby, especially when he was becoming more handsome? 

Edited by TheQueenB, 04 November 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#8540 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

I understand your frustation but...

Just wait for the manga in the thursday,man... and tone down your pessimism or else this topic gonna get closed too

Edited by Nar123, 04 November 2014 - 09:57 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)