1817 replies to this topic

#781 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

How much did it even make the first day?

:fu:
Fine Saber's servant.

Same. I really wanna start Gintama. I just have many manga's I need to catch up on first. 

I read one chapter of Nisekoi. But I don't really remember what happened in it... 

Gintama is a very weird and unusual manga/anime. It is rather an episodic type anime, with many episode looking like they are filler. BUT the majority of them all are important in one way or the other. Small details are introduced in many episodes, and otherwise you can just enjoy the comedy XD Of course there are some serious arcs, but usually they are short and last around seven to ten episodes (so I've been told). You'll lOvr Kagura and Otae. Btw, Nisekoi is a Harem manga.

Edited by trang95, 19 April 2015 - 02:08 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#782 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

Gintama is a very weird and unusual manga/anime. It is rather an episodic type anime, with many episode looking like they are filler. BUT the majority of them all are important in one way or the other. Small details are introduced in many episodes, and otherwise you can just enjoy the comedy XD Of course there are some serious arcs, but usually they are short and last around seven to ten episodes (so I've been told). You'll lOvr Kagura and Otae. Btw, Nisekoi is a Harem manga.

I see.. I saw some of it. I'll try watching it over the summer:)
How many chapters do the manga have?

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#783 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

I'm reading Princess Jellyfish and I'm questioning why I waited so long to read such a gem.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#784 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

I see.. I saw some of it. I'll try watching it over the summer:)
How many chapters do the manga have?

... 538 chapters. I wanted to read the manga first but everyone kept saying that I should watch the anime first and then catch up with the manga or proceed with the chapter from where I left of with the anime. Gintoki is an interesting main character; not to mention that he is already an adult, which I don't see very often in a Shounen series. His choice of weapon is also rather unusual as it is a wooden sword (looks more of like a stick to me, lol). And the way he wears his Kimono XD (he just sticks his arm in one of the sleeves). Overall, I totally adore the relationship he has formed with his two friends (the guy with the glasses and the girl with the umbrella) <3 What have you seen so far?

Edited by trang95, 19 April 2015 - 02:33 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#785 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:33 PM

I'm reading Princess Jellyfish and I'm questioning why I waited so long to read such a gem.

What's it about?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#786 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

What's it about?

Female otaku.
The mc is a jellyfish otaku, who has bad style but actually really beautiful.
The hero is a cross-dresser

#787 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

Female otaku.
The mc is a jellyfish otaku, who has bad style but actually really beautiful.
The hero is a cross-dresser

Went to wiki, and it looks interesting! I'll check it out sometime later.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#788 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

Went to wiki, and it looks interesting! I'll check it out sometime later.

It is, you should read or watch the anime.

#789 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Currently watching:

• Cardfight!! Vanguard G
  • Future Card Buddyfight

Edited by sakutonaru, 19 April 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#790 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

... 538 chapters. I wanted to read the manga first but everyone kept saying that I should watch the anime first and then catch up with the manga or proceed with the chapter from where I left of with the anime. Gintoki is an interesting main character; not to mention that he is already an adult, which I don't see very often in a Shounen series. His choice of weapon is also rather unusual as it is a wooden sword (looks more of like a stick to me, lol). And the way he wears his Kimono XD (he just sticks his arm in one of the sleeves). Overall, I totally adore the relationship he has formed with his two friends (the guy with the glasses and the girl with the umbrella) <3 What have you seen so far?

Gintoki's outfit is really... different.. But what's Gintama even about??

I only saw some clips here and there. Funny moments and so on.

Was this really how the heroine was introduced

#791 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

The most-asked question about Gintama XD Yes, it does have a plot, but right now, I have no idea what exactly it is; however, thanks to ChibiReviews, I know that the plot starts from episode 3 (Episode 1 and 2 are fillers). Know this about the world of Gintama (from wiki):

Gintama is set in a period of relative peace after Edo was invaded by the Amanto and the inhabitants had no choice but to accept these new outlanders as their new neighbours. It depicts Edo after it had been conquered by the aliens, and how it looks after they brought modern-day technology into a samurai country of ages past. Most of the story in Gintama is set in Edo itself, or in the sky above it, but the reader is also taken a few other places for various reasons.

If you always have in the back of your mind the circumstances in which the humans live in, you know that this is what most likely the plot will revolve around. Apparently, Gintama is starting to reach its climax and preparations for the ending are already being made.

Imao, at least that's how they met Kagura XD

Edited by trang95, 19 April 2015 - 05:15 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#792 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Here's ChibiRevies video that I find very helpful for newcomers:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#793 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

The most-asked question about Gintama XD Yes, it does have a plot, but right now, I have no idea what exactly it is; however, thanks to ChibiReviews, I know that the plot starts from episode 3 (Episode 1 and 2 are fillers). Know this about the world of Gintama (from wiki):

If you always have in the back of your mind the circumstances in which the humans live in, you know that this is what most likely the plot will be based. Apparently, Gintama is starting to reach its climax and preperations for the ending is already being made.

Imao, at least that's how they met Kagura XD

That helped alot! Thanks.

XD that's the first time for me to see how a main was introduced. 

Here's ChibiRevies video that I find very helpful for newcomers:

I'll watch it in a sec..

#794 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

Tsukasa (Isla's new partner) is basically trying to get Isla's attention, but each time he does it, it fails horribly XD

Tsukasa is such a lovable dork. :lol: I was trying not to laugh too hard during that episode, but I failed.

#795 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

As a huge fan of darker stories and magical girl stories, Madoka fell flat. Not only was the art off-putting, but it got really boring after a while. I barely cared at all what happened with Madoka's fate after she found out what really happens to a magical girl. I just thought it could have been made a little more interesting. Revolutionary Girl Utena is 55x more darker than Madoka (and creepier). With all the hype Madoka got, I just felt underwhelmed and disappointed. 

Oh then you didn't even finished the story? 

Well that partly explains it, and as you said yourself the art put you off and I can't exactly argue against this since the art of a lot of series puts me off too, Utena being one of them for example

And it seems like it's a case that you didn't clicked up with any of the characters too

I also think that you entered the series with a degree of spoilers on what happens, Madoka is supposed to paint itself as a normal anime about magical girls and that's what makes the discoveries and plot twists so effective, it's possible for a person to like the anime knowing plot points and etc? Of course, but it takes from the enjoyment of the story...

So yeah I think that your case of having prior knowledge on what to expect coupled with the fact that you didn't like the art and that you didn't sympathize with anyone made you give up on it. Can't blame you that much, taste is taste

Edited by Nar123, 20 April 2015 - 12:46 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#796 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

Oh then you didn't even finished the story? 
Well that partly explains it, and as you said yourself the art put you off and I can't exactly argue against this since the art of a lot of series puts me off too, Utena being one of them for example
And it seems like it's a case that you didn't clicked up with any of the characters too

I also think that you entered the series with a degree of spoilers on what happens, Madoka is supposed to paint itself as a normal anime about magical girls and that's what makes the discoveries and plot twists so effective, it's possible for a person to like the anime knowing plot points and etc? Of course, but it takes from the enjoyment of the story...

So yeah I think that your case of having prior knowledge on what to expect coupled with the fact that you didn't like the art and that you didn't sympathize with anyone made you give up on it. Can't blame you that much, taste is taste

Actually no lol, I made sure that I didn't spoil Madoka for myself and I watched it all the way till the end. Sorry my wording came off wrong.   

Spoiler

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#797 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

So who in here is watching Sailor Moon Crystal? What do you think of the anime so far? The reason I'm asking is that I have heard the new anime is getting bad reviews, one of the reasons being... the animation? I didn't really understand first, but then I realized this is Toei, so yeah...

I have not read the manga, and I barely remember anything from the original anime.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#798 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

... How do you do this Gintama?! Making me feel all these kinds of emotions in just a few minutes!

Edited by trang95, 21 April 2015 - 03:55 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#799 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:28 PM

So who in here is watching Sailor Moon Crystal? What do you think of the anime so far? The reason I'm asking is that I have heard the new anime is getting bad reviews, one of the reasons being... the animation? I didn't really understand first, but then I realized this is Toei, so yeah...

I have not read the manga, and I barely remember anything from the original anime.

Yeah I heard it got some bad ratings too, I'd say it's mainly Toei fault for making the series have such an unreasonable airing schedule and the animation  turns out to be quite worse than the old one IMO

Actually no lol, I made sure that I didn't spoil Madoka for myself and I watched it all the way till the end. Sorry my wording came off wrong.   

Spoiler

Oh that's understandable then, the characters just didn't clicked up with you I guess

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#800 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

Is it really that bad?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users