• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#61 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:19 AM

easy everyone. were all coming down on poor hinata a little hard now for doing what she felt was right. When you say she was crazy to jump in the middle of a fight she couldnt possibly win think about a firefighter rushing into a burning building to save a life just because they know its right.

As ive stated before My take on the whole situation is that Im worried that the meanig of the sacrafice is what will be lost if she lives. this was a brilliant scene for her.

but if she survives this it renders the whole scene moot. He could easilly have drawn a sequence showing ehr tossed aside like trash. but he deliberatley drew a full page showing distinctive panels that show her being murdered for all intents and purposes.

this means that the incedent is supposed to have a deeper meaning. to show the callous brutality of pein and akatsuki in order to achieve there goals.

and to give Hinata a chance to step up and come full circle.

I trully hope that the next chapter or 2 will show Hinata giving ehr final words to Sakura and passing on her will of fire to Sakura in regards to Naruto.

in a way i beleive we may egt a variation of my Where I stood story, where Hinata steps aside from her crush and encourages Naruto to follow his dreams with Sakura.

We will definatley see over the next few chapters one way or another.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#62 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:51 AM

I agree with catsi, and dang it, I want to see one of the rookies die already. No offense, I like the characters all a good deal but its true that their invulnerability is getting out there. Its one thing for the main character/s (Naruto, Sasuke) to display a certain level of plot armor, but I'm tired of seeing all of the rookies get a kind of bye in regards to that, especially when they are in combat that should by all means equate their death, i.e. opponents way above their level. Even in shounen, that means severe beatdown and probable death.

#63 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 5 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
easy everyone. were all coming down on poor hinata a little hard now for doing what she felt was right. When you say she was crazy to jump in the middle of a fight she couldnt possibly win think about a firefighter rushing into a burning building to save a life just because they know its right.

As ive stated before My take on the whole situation is that Im worried that the meanig of the sacrafice is what will be lost if she lives. this was a brilliant scene for her.

but if she survives this it renders the whole scene moot. He could easilly have drawn a sequence showing ehr tossed aside like trash. but he deliberatley drew a full page showing distinctive panels that show her being murdered for all intents and purposes.

this means that the incedent is supposed to have a deeper meaning. to show the callous brutality of pein and akatsuki in order to achieve there goals.

and to give Hinata a chance to step up and come full circle.

I trully hope that the next chapter or 2 will show Hinata giving ehr final words to Sakura and passing on her will of fire to Sakura in regards to Naruto.

in a way i beleive we may egt a variation of my Where I stood story, where Hinata steps aside from her crush and encourages Naruto to follow his dreams with Sakura.

We will definatley see over the next few chapters one way or another.

No one is coming down on Hinata 'just because'. Every single point that you just listed, are the same ones that *we* were just making about why we think that if she survives, the whole scene loses what could very well be a brilliant turning point for Naruto, in terms of his further growth as a ninja and young man.

#64 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 5 2009, 05:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No one is coming down on Hinata 'just because'. Every single point that you just listed, are the same ones that *we* were just making about why we think that if she survives, the whole scene loses what could very well be a brilliant turning point for Naruto, in terms of his further growth as a ninja and young man.

I agree. We've been saying that this whole time. And I do like Hinata by the way. happy.gif
Shes drooling.gif
Still say Sakura is more than drooling.gif

#65 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

These same people have always acted like Hinata was a big deal before now anyways. Despite, of course, the fact that she's done next to nothing of consequence besides giving a pep talk and rushing towards death without any game plan like an idiot. They want Hinata to be a big deal, despite the fact that she's not. I suspect some of them may even be mad that it's been Sakura, the "spoiled brat who doesn't deserve Naruto", who got all the heroine development. Hinata changed very little through four hundered plus chapters before growing a backbone out of nowhere.

All they needed was an excuse to claim she's the heroine. The sad thing is, she's so far from it it's not even funny. Not only did she get knocked senseless without even getting one hit in, she's actually made things worse. Now Naruto has gone six tails and she saved a grand total of nothing.

Nooooot really heroine material.

You and I disagree on many things, but I agree with this.

Honestly, I'm not happy with the last two chapters, but I'm getting real fed up with the fanbase. If things seem being going their way, they overreact. If things aren't or it seems they aren't going their way, they overreact and get angry about hypoteticals may or many not happen, and often don't happen. I refuse checking other Naruto boards because I think they'll be saying, well, what they've been telling from the beginning. You know, the same things never came to pass.

Actually I'm considering stopping checking boards altogether and limiting myself to read the manga and look for fanworks to my liking, but this site is pretty addictive.

Now, regarding Sakura helping evacuating villagers, I don't think we should be concerned about that: the first Hinata panels on this arc displayed her doing right that. And if she hasn't got a bigger role when all is said and done, maybe it's because Kishimoto has stated he's plotting writing an entire arc featuring Sakura (albeit I don't know how credible was that statement), so he's holding her back until then, right like he held Naruto back in the last arc because he needed developing the plotlines involving other character, but he hasn't done so during the current arc.

I tell this because I have a hard time believing after firmly keeping her place like the female lead for over four-hundred chapters, Sakura gets relegated to secondary character for the remainder manga.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#66 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:02 AM

You and I disagree on many things, but I agree with this.

Which I don't mind. Unlike a lot of people I've dealt with on the internet, you don't treat me like a moron when you don't agree with me. Which are the kind of experiences that I admit have probably caused me to become bitter about fanbases in general.

I don't recall disagreeing with you too much though. I've only been back to regularly trucking around here in the past week or so.

And if she hasn't got a bigger role when all is said and done, maybe it's because Kishimoto has stated he's plotting writing an entire arc featuring Sakura (albeit I don't know how credible was that statement), so he's holding her back until then, right like he held Naruto back in the last arc because he needed developing the plotlines involving other character, but he hasn't done so during the current arc.

Hopefully it's not like the Shikamaru and Sasuke arcs. Sasuke's in particular seemed to drag on with no end in sight; plus Naruto was nowhere to be found for much of that year or so stretch of time.

Though I suspect that with Sakura Naruto will probably be around, so it won't be that bad. Or he'll have something of a presence. Like the kind where they're not really there, but their influence never really leaves the proceeding, so it's almost like they are. If not... well, Sakura's a far more interesting character on the whole than many, so she could probably be the kind who could hold an arc on her own provided it doesn't drag on forever.
bd5.jpg

#67 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:31 AM

Translation by Yasha from NF

Translating some left out lines.

だるいからこれだけ(-ω-)ヤマトはサイとアンコのスリーマンセル、カブトをさがしてるっぽい。
ナルトは自分でふういん術を(首飾り破壊)→テンドウ→しんらてんせい→ナルト尻尾刺してとどまる。テンド ウその反動で吹っ飛ぶ→テンドウ九尾の力すばらしいものだ。→森に誘いこみ、禁術らしきもの発 動

Yamato, Sai and Anko are out on mission, seemingly searching for Kabuto.
Naruto himself breaks the seal (by breaking the pendant?) -> Tendou uses Shinra Tensei -> Kyuubified Naruto counters it by poking its tails into the ground while Tendou gets blown away by the reaction force -> Tendou is impressed by Kyuubi's power -> Then he lures Kyuubi into the forest and casts a forbidden jutsu

Chapter title, 封印破壊 "Destruction of the seal"

来週
九尾化ナルトのエネルギーをペインが滅する。
Next week, Pain destroys/extinguishes Kyuubified Naruto's energy.

Edited by Askia31, 06 March 2009 - 12:41 AM.

#68 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Hm... I can't remember, that toad who had the key to Naruto's seal... did he ever get around to hiding in Naruto's stomach? Did we ever see him again? I can't remember.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#69 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Mar 5 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm... I can't remember, that toad who had the key to Naruto's seal... did he ever get around to hiding in Naruto's stomach? Did we ever see him again? I can't remember.

I guess we just have to assume he is unless kishi explains that. And I don't think we ever saw him again.

#70 narusakuluv

narusakuluv

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:00 AM

"Pain extinguishes Kyuubi's power"?!? wot.gif
We may be looking at a rescue Naruto arc, people. Just maybe.
Avatar from the amazing Natsumi's The Uneasy Question Sequel

#71 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (narusakuluv @ Mar 6 2009, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Pain extinguishes Kyuubi's power"?!? wot.gif
We may be looking at a rescue Naruto arc, people. Just maybe.

Maybe. But he still has that other shadow clone that was in frog land. So maybe he'll use sage mode again?
Just a thought.

#72 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:10 AM

That would be an excellent theme for Sakura's Arc...
She rushes off to rescue him... *starry eyed*

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#73 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Mar 5 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be an excellent theme for Sakura's Arc...
She rushes off to rescue him... *starry eyed*

Omg, that would be pretty awesome wow.png

But that's all wishful thinking where Kishi is concerned tongue.gif

#74 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (SageNaru @ Mar 5 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe. But he still has that other shadow clone that was in frog land. So maybe he'll use sage mode again?
Just a thought.

My guess is he will be too damaged to activate Sage Mode again. The last time he want KN he was out for atleast 10 - 15 minutes... so Pein would probably be able to get him before he wakes up.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#75 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:36 AM

Sakura going on her own to save her special people. Chances for her to be totally awesome. My wishful and hopeful thinking. *___*

#76 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 5 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omg, that would be pretty awesome wow.png

But that's all wishful thinking where Kishi is concerned tongue.gif

I thought those ending captions were notoriously misleading.

In any case, it'd be a perfect way to completely cop out on Hinata. She likely can't follow in this condition and Naruto won't be present. In other words, he doesn't have to confront jack squat when it comes to the confession if he decides to keep her alive and Naruto won't be able to find that Hinata lived until much later, which means Pain can lecture him while Naruto thinks Hinata is dead. Having his cake and eating too I guess.....

Regardless of what happened with Sakura, this would be an extremely disappointing way to back out of what he did here.

I hope I'm way off.

#77 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Ani @ Mar 5 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura going on her own to save her special people. Chances for her to be totally awesome. My wishful and hopeful thinking. *___*

I second that wishful thinking.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#78 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

Raw is out.

http://bbs.52manyou....d.php?tid=17293

Good read

#79 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Askia31 @ Mar 6 2009, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn that's awesome!!!! I wanna read it already!!! a_spaz.gif

QUOTE (Radon @ Mar 6 2009, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess is he will be too damaged to activate Sage Mode again. The last time he want KN he was out for atleast 10 - 15 minutes... so Pein would probably be able to get him before he wakes up.

Yeah that's true.

#80 narusakuluv

narusakuluv

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:19 AM

Finally, Sakura has more than two panels in the manga. I guess Kishi finally remembered that she is one of his main characters.
I want to know what she's saying in those lines that haven't been translated yet. It looks like she flashed back to that one time when naruto transformed...
Avatar from the amazing Natsumi's The Uneasy Question Sequel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users