I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Honestly though... not a big chapter to justify me staying up this late imo  :sweat:

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#62 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

I always expect the color page is not about ss.

#63 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

As much as I want to be happy right now that color cover ruined it for me sign. Nice chap though OR alone time and Naruto being weirdly smart Lol .

BTW where this Naruto ends in October came from is this true ? 

Edited by NarutoFireFoxUzumaki, 23 July 2014 - 08:02 AM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#64 Zoey

Zoey

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

honestly it was kinda a lame chapter. How come Obito and Kakashi can move and fast-ish but Sasuke and Naruto haven't been able to get up yet? wtf? Because Rin helped them?! Makes no sense 

#65 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

I predict sakura will get a stab.

This still makes me laugh every time.  :chuckle:

I loved -- no, LOVED -- Naruto asking Sasuke if he'd thanked Sakura and Obito.  It's hilarious.  I got this flash in my mind of Kishimoto sitting at his drawing table with a smirk on his face as he wrote those words.  Using Naruto to needle the fans.  Oh, it's fun.

I was genuinely afraid for Kakashi there for a moment.  I would be unhappy to lose him.  He has to survive and go back to the village, determined to live a full life to make up for his lost friends and start seeing Shizune....

Color cover is no big deal, people.  How many times are you going to fall for / get squinky over something irrelevant like that?  Sigh.

I'm starting to get bored with Mama and Norman Bates.  I want to see Team 7 seal them off.

#66 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

How ironic. The elite shinobi who was once the participant at the front lines, whom many people admire because of his greater importance than the "heroine", is lamenting his lack of relevancy while the ordinary girl who was reassured and protected by him is playing a crucial role in revitalising the team. It's not poetic jutstice, just an interesting, almost funny, reversal of roles.

Allowing yourself to be distracted in combat with something as minor as whether Sasuke showed appreciation for being rescued or not isn't proper for a fighter that's being regarded as the best of the best now. On the other hand, it really portrays Naruto as someone who tries to hold others to a certain moral standard and acknowledge people when they've earned it.

You know, in spite of everything he's done, I felt saddened by the end of this chapter. Obito's willingness to sacrifice himself while giving his only avenue of escape to his teammate... It has an ulterior motive, yes, but I still think that Obito is being painted in another light. He certainly tugs at more heartstrings than many of the characters who died recently, in my opinion.

Edited by Atheck, 29 July 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#67 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Well I guess 685 was for SS what 615 was for NH, in the grand scheme of things  :smile:.

Poor Obito  :sad:, but at least he will be with Rin now.

I like how worried Sakura was about Naruto, and Rin's spirit helping Obito and Kakashi.

For some reason I really liked Naruto asking if Sasuke thanked Sakura and Obito, I kinda got the feeling it was like Naruto was dealing with a five year old, but then again, how much of a difference is there between Sasuke and a five year old?

Anyway, I can't wait for next week.

Would you say the CPR chapter (the number of which I have forgotten) was also like our 615?

(Also, how is Sasuke catching Sakura in an awkwardly drawn page count as SS's 615?)

#68 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Well, I definitely enjoyed this chapter. It was nice to see the kages and Hagoromo in a full color page, and it's typical of Naruto to do that even during a fight thanking Sakura and Obito, but poor Obito... looks like his time is up, and perhaps we'll get some ObiRin next chapter or some more flashbacks with Obito and Rin, who knows? Let's keep things moving along!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#69 咲耶姫

咲耶姫

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

As much as I want to be happy right not that color cover ruined it for me sign. Nice chap though OR alone time and Naruto being weirdly smart Lol .

BTW where this Naruto ends in October came from is this true ? 

It was a FAKE translation of the preview from last week, There is nothing about 17th October, nothing. I say it that way, because a lot of people are not aware of the fakeness of that 17th October.

tumblr_nfrs3f8pa31qjba4uo2_400.gif

#70 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

I was thinking the cover page would be like the last one we got. There was NS in it, but it  was unrelated to the chapter.

For the most part, this was a okay chapter. It completely ignored the SS moment, while having Naruto thanking Sakura and Obito. Rin coming out of nowhere(like the spoilers suggested) was neat. I was scared for Kakashi, then Obito did a sacrifice again, so next chapter will be the end of him.

With an NS/OR parallel, of course.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#71 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

Yes! Naruto is weirdly smart XD. Finally the #2 most surprising ninja will get to do something in the upcoming chapters! HELL YEAH!!!!!!!! Probably Sasuke should learn some battle tactics from Naruto! Indeed the #1 most surprising ninja! *cough* *cough* Rin parallel closing in *cough*. Sasuke was a total douche XD. In a way, Naruto trolled the SS fandom by asking that question XD

Now, OBITOOOOOOOOOOOO  :umm:  :umm:  :umm:  :umm:  :umm:  :umm:  :umm:  :umm:. I already sympathized with you a long time ago. I knew how the real you was and you showed it to everyone today. R.I.P Obito! Your dream has been passed down to Naruto. Gosh! I was so emotional when Obito zapped away the rod aimed at Kakashi and himself took the blow! That was the real Obito who wanted to become the Hokage! I really don't have words to express my feelings right now.

@NarutoFireFoxUzumaki....WE WERE RIGHT MAN!!!! :cool:  :cool:  :cool:. Now, we are not the only ones thinking that!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#72 Lilac

Lilac

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

I have this sneaking feeling that Kishimoto had Naruto point out that Sasuke thanked Sakura (and Obito) to hammer in that he thanked her. I don't know. I don't understand why, if he's planning on ending it NaruSaku, that he would make a cover where a blushing Sakura is holding onto Sasuke. She could have had her own horse, or been on Naruto's horse, but she's with Sasuke...Just seems odd that he's ignoring NaruSaku, if that's his endgame. :(

#73 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

Obito died like a man

yet again just like kakashi said he saved him over him self.

did not like the color page, i see it more like cowboys oke so naruto needs too save sakura from sasuke xD

anyway i think the movie will be the end of naruto, meaning the fight naruto sasuke i dont think naruto will end with the series. so pairing war will end with the movie.

at least thats what i think

#74 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

There is something I have to tell you guys, and I've been telling you this for a long time. You ready to hear it again?

Kishi is playing with the pairings. He's been doing this for years.

Kishi is a troll.

Edited by Nostradamus, 23 July 2014 - 08:08 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#75 Geninja

Geninja

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

If there's one characters death that would give me at least a want to pause from the manga it's Kakashi. I would probably be depressed for a long time.

#76 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

It was a FAKE translation of the preview from last week, There is nothing about 17th October, nothing. I say it that way, because a lot of people are not aware of the fakeness of that 17th October.

Well I'm asking bc you said in the 685 thread that Naruto ends this year from where did you get this information or was that fake also ?

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#77 TacticalFox88

TacticalFox88

A Sly Fox

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Science Fiction, Manga, Military History, Internet, Soon to be Digital Media.

Naruto asked if Sasuke said thank you to Sakura and Obito for saving them...

and Sasuke essentially told him "No, I Didn't in response"

HOOOOOLY kitten.

:lmao :lmao

So GOOOOD. 

#78 RamenBlossom

RamenBlossom

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

honestly it was kinda a lame chapter. How come Obito and Kakashi can move and fast-ish but Sasuke and Naruto haven't been able to get up yet? wtf? Because Rin helped them?! Makes no sense 

It is because when you have someone you have to protect you are able to be more powerful than you ever expect to be and be able to do something that you should not really be able to do. Along with Rin helping them, led them to be able to protect Naruto and Sasuke.

#79 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

There is something I have to tell you guys, and I've been telling you this for a long time. You ready for it?

Kishi is playing with the pairings. He's been doing this for years.

Kishi is a troll.

I don't find that news shocking.

Edited by rikakim94, 23 July 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#80 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Okay long story short, I said I was skipping this week. Friend told me something big happened just now, I see the chapter was a no SS deal, color page didn't make a full difference for it. Had some funky junk happen, obito took the big bullet, team 7 and minato parallel made by Kakashi himself.

Funny that naruto asked if Sasuke thanked sakura and obito, he didn't reply. So the moment really was just neutral and ignored, that is funny, SS may just have broke it's own hopes.

Next chapter is a farewell chapter to obito so then naruto and Sasuke will face kagyua, obito must have some final word stuff.

Guess I'll keep reading knowing that now with an event like obito dying at last, well it was bound to happen, we will see what happens with the end.

Still funny no SS stuff occurred, that's the funny part. So much for even their one good moment, well yeah looks like everything is fine, Sasuke is still an ass, nothing new. Screw trying to take a break when an event like obito dying is thrown in, something major will happen.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users